Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228484 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck Has 21 Days Left
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck Has 21 Days Left  (Read 15822 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 11:36:35 PM »

Is Merck married is he a straight man bi sexual or gay , Im quite smitten with him

bizarre. no idea here, i just hope he's a man of his word

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 04:57:15 PM »

maybe we should be updating this thread ?  hihi 16 days left

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:06 PM »

maybe we should be updating this thread ?? hihi 16 days left

well it's an absolute disgrace if theres no statement  by years end. To the point where the fans should perhaps re-evaluate their loyalties or at least take some kind of proactive measures....

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2005, 05:08:44 PM »

maybe we should be updating this thread ?? hihi 16 days left

well it's an absolute disgrace if theres no statement? by years end. To the point where the fans should perhaps re-evaluate their loyalties or at least take some kind of proactive measures....

I agree; but can we really do that  Huh if so, can anybody tell me how ?  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 05:15:19 PM »

i really dont think we should make such a big deal out of Merch statment in January.
Im sure he truly belived that the album was near a release, and maybe it was. No reason to
start attack Merck for that. If he had said nothing, i guess some would be complaining about that also

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 05:20:58 PM »

i really dont think we should make such a big deal out of Merch statment in January.
Im sure he truly belived that the album was near a release, and maybe it was. No reason to
start attack Merck for that. If he had said nothing, i guess some would be complaining about that also

there goes that 'battered wife syndrome' again  hihi

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 05:21:30 PM »

Well, if the fans (really just the online community) were to stand up and do something about our lack of news, we would have done it by now. ?Hell, for all we know Merck might not even be aware of how pissed some of us are about there being no update before new years. ?

Nah, we'll see people claim that 06 is the year. ?Followed by rumors of the Super Bowl, RIR, VMAs, Grammys and everything else in between that will keep people like us posting. Ahh, the vicious cycle that is being a GNR fan. confused

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:30 PM »

there goes that 'battered wife syndrome' again? hihi

well, you can choose to bash and rant about Merck promising this or that, but that wont lead to
anything anyway, its just plain stupid to listen to all the complaining about Merck has promised
us something.. We all know who things can go in the GNR camp anyway, so its waste of time..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 05:25:53 PM »

well, you can choose to bash and rant about Merck promising this or that, but that wont lead to
anything anyway, its just plain stupid to listen to all the complaining about Merck has promised
us something.. We all know who things can go in the GNR camp anyway, so its waste of time..

true, however I still think the fans deserve at the very least a statement, and fans moaning and bitching wont change me feeling that theyre due that

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 05:26:35 PM »

merck is pathetic, even more than Douggie Goldstein.
Doug was great. With him the band sold 80 million records. The promotion of the band during the Use Your Illusion erea was AWESOME. GN'R was everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:29:01 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 05:30:59 PM »

true, however I still think the fans deserve at the very least a statement, and fans moaning and bitching wont change me feeling that theyre due that

Oh yeah!
I really think we deserve an update myself.
But i dont think this is the way to get it! And is there really that much to update? Im pretty
sure we will know when the time is set. If Axl or the manegment told the truth, and that there
will be an albume at the end of 06, fans would be upset.. They really gotta do an announcement
when the time is right... Some things may be to complicated to tell right now.. i dont know..
But what i was talking about, was this tread.. its kind of stupid..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 05:31:55 PM »

merck is pathetic, even more than Douggie Goldstein.
Doug was great. With him the band sold 80 million records. The promotion of the band during the Use Your Illusion erea was AWESOME. GN'R was everywhere.

Im sure if Meck was alowed to spin the wheels he would do it on the minute..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:19 PM »

What is "speen the whils"? What does it mean?
Can you use a more simple sentence? English is not my mother tongue.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005, 05:35:58 PM »

What is "speen the whils"? What does it mean?
Can you use a more simple sentence? English is not my mother tongue.

Its not my mother tounge eather.. but what i mean, is that if Meck was alowed to
start the promotion, or got a clear signal from Axl, im sure he would strat it right away

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005, 05:39:13 PM »

ok. Well I hope so. But just a question....Was merck in charge of the 2002 tour promotion? Or was it someone else?
because the pomotion was fucking weak in 2002? nervous
I've never seen a famous Rock band so poorly promoted that GN'R in 2002. 90% of people didn't even know the "new" band existed. A very, very poor mediatic? coverage with a very very poor marketing/promotion strategy for the band (exept the VMA'02).

Just to compare: When U2 or the Rolling Stones go on Tour, everybody on this planet knows it. You know, just to compare... It's sad to see GN'R so poorely supported by their own management? Undecided
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:45:19 PM by nesquick » Logged

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »

ok. Well I hope so. But just a question....Was merck in charge of the 2002 tour promotion? Or was it someone else?
I've never seen a famous Rock band so poorly promoted that GN'R in 2002. 90% of people didn't even know the "new" band existed. A very, very poor mediatic? coverage with a very very poor marketing/promotion strategy for the band (exept the VMA'02).

Just to compare: When U2 or the Rolling Stones go on Tour, everybody on this planet knows it. You know, just to compare...? Roll Eyes

yeah, i agree with you.. Here in Europe, there was no promotion at all, maybe because it was an North american tour, im not sure.. but hell, it could be better

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2005, 05:45:38 PM »

I've never seen a famous Rock band so poorly promoted that GN'R in 2002. 90% of people didn't even know the "new" band existed. A very, very poor mediatic? coverage with a very very poor marketing/promotion strategy for the band.

im not sure the promotion had anything to do with it being a dismal failure.

I would have thought MTV VMAs would have done the trick really, plus radio promos etc.. in fact Im fairly sure most people who should have been aware of it were aware - perhaps the fact that there was no album to promote, Axl failed to show up to gigs and was generally not up to speed when he did show up had more to do with it? Plus the fact that most people in the real world associate GN'R with Axl and a guy called Slash, not to mention Izzy, Duff etc..? Perhaps that could be the reason?

DemocracyRose
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »

But U2 and Rolling Stones dont tour without a new record behind them...

So I guess thats the differents...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2005, 05:55:25 PM »

im not sure the promotion had anything to do with it being a dismal failure.
We live in a world of communication. if you don't communicate, meaning if you don't PROMOTE what you do, you die. People need to know you exist and you tour, if not, you will play in front of half empty arenas...oh wait....it reminds me something!!
Look at U2 or the Rolling Stones, everybody knows when they tour. That's what GN'R need. CO-MU-NI-CA-TION.
Other than that, I agree with the rest of your post. Without Slash, it affects everything (popularity, ticket sales, mediatic coverage, interest in the band etc...). I would also addd that Buckethead and Robin Finck scared off people. They hurt the band image and reputation. people turned their back. Don't underrate that point.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 06:05:32 PM by nesquick » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2005, 06:05:13 PM »

quote]
I would also addd that Buckethead and Robin Finck scared off people.

perhaps, I still think it's immeasurable the damage that Axl himself did. Not appearance (although that was probably the main talking point) but poor performances (lets be honest here and not take an 'emperors new clothes' approach), childish temper tantrums, no-shows and bizarre press releases blaming his 'old friends' etc...

these were the main factors, not the lack of communication (which was adequate)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: