Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Time to be "Fanatic" again ??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time to be "Fanatic" again ??  (Read 3669 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: December 07, 2005, 10:54:52 PM »

I?m a fan of this band since first time I saw the LIES EP im front of me, I was 11 years old
they were releasing the UYI albuns in that time... so, when I just realise how much I loved that band was along that 3 years ( 91 to 94 I think ), that time the band weren?t making shows, interviews and etc from what I remember ( after 94 )... so, my love for them grew while the band started to dissolve... so, I remember bying everything that I see in front of me, magazines, tapes etc... and my room was full of GNR posters

so, in ?99 that fanatism that I had when I was 13 years old just was not the same, couse I wanted to believe that GNR was alive, but deep inside I knew in some way that I was lucky enough just to be living that time to see what?ll be coming in the near future with the name GUNS N?ROSES... so, those posters, videos, magazines I just started to stow away them... and this makes me leave just one poster of the band im my room

so, yesterday that love from 11 years ago just came out, and just listening to AFD and puting my old videos to see, wasn?t enough for me...

I just put all my GNR POSTERS back in my room, I read every little magazine that I have, tons of journals from the time that the band played here in Brazil in RIR2 and S?O PAULO... and man, what a day, that feeling "anything could hapen anytime" that I used to have when I read these articles from the time GNR used to "rule the world" ... I just realised that my parents had their moment with Sabbath, Zeppelin... and I?m having this with GUNS N ROSES

( I decided put more Axl posters, couse the old band is gone and we don?t have anything about the new band so far...)

I?m with that feeling again, I know that a lot of GNR fans have much more material than me, and I?m not trying to be the "number 1" fan and start that bullshit about "I have more things, so I?m more fan that you and bla bla bla" ... I?m just happy that"anything could happen anytime" now... and it will make history, and that little kid that keep saving money from his sandwish and coke in the school is back and ready to do it all again   smoking

time to be fanatic again Axl
show me what you?ve got  Wink

peace

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »

ah, that post reminds me of how I felt when Guns were huge and I was a young fella

obsessed really, but in a good way  beer

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:00:28 PM »

Great post!! beer Looks just like my room from 87-91. But those pictures also show how pathetic the current situation is. Twelve years since their last album, and all we have is those same old pics of the old band. Nothing new! The only way people will be fanatics like that again is if he'll release some new albums, and take a new generation by storm. Axl, if you're reading this, after looking at this guys wall, I have something to say to you(again): Thanks for "burying" AFD!! hihi

misterbrownstone
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:01:18 PM »

time has come today ?yes
RnT
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 11:03:48 PM »

PS: Coke = Coca-Cola  Grin

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 11:15:30 PM »

Great post!! beer Looks just like my room from 87-91. But those pictures also show how pathetic the current situation is. Twelve years since their last album, and all we have is those same old pics of the old band. Nothing new! The only way people will be fanatics like that again is if he'll release some new albums, and take a new generation by storm. Axl, if you're reading this, after looking at this guys wall, I have something to say to you(again): Thanks for "burying" AFD!! hihi

James you know what would be hilarious.. if Axl ranted about specific posters on message boards.. haha.. "And fuck you lofton!" haha..

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 11:18:15 PM »

James you know what would be hilarious.. if Axl ranted about specific posters on message boards.. haha.. "And fuck you lofton!" haha..
You know what would be hilarious? If he did what you just advised, and then seeing a 50 page thread about it.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 11:23:06 PM »

rofl "AXL MENTIONED MY USERNAME!"

gnrevolution.com
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 11:27:43 PM »

DUDE THATS FUCKING AWESOME

YOU ARE THE MAN

I THINK IM GONNA GET SOME AND PUT THEM UP!! ok

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
kathryn2662
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 12:52:42 AM »

wow I wish my room looked like that  love
very jealous
Chief
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 02:28:51 AM »

wow that is hard core.. nice poster, thanks..
i remember when i had that same feeling.. its amazing and never really can be duplicated but i know it can come back again like what happened with the Black Crowes this year for me when they started touring again, simply amazing.
it started though, i listened to those live versions of breakdown and a few other things and i'm getting back into it. we are in for a very interesting 2006 i think!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 04:09:32 AM »

I'm always pretty fanatic about GN'R.  I don't have nearly the amount of memorbelia a lot of you guys and gals do since I wasn't a fan until a little more than 4 years ago, but I would consider myself a fanatic.  However, my fanaticism definitely died down once the 2002 tour was cancelled.  Up until Axl no-showed in Philly, I was at a whole other level of fanatic with GN'R.  Since then I haven't been at that level.  I really want Axl to give me a reason to be at that level again.  But I don't think I'd be able to be there unless something big happened...like the release of CD.  I don't think I could just flick a switch and all of a sudden be at that level again.  Something needs to happen to get me that excited again.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 05:42:19 AM »

Ah i remember when my room was like that  love

And then I remember being 14, returning home from school and my mum had taken all my posters down and chucked them out  crying

Ah well!!

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
ladora
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 07:14:18 AM »

Holy cow!  ok
RnT
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 09:27:19 AM »

do you guys think that GNR fanatism will be less or more when Axl come back ?

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 10:07:52 AM »

It really depends on the group as a whole and if they talk to the press enough thats going to be the test. If Axl looks foward and doesn't talk trash and does his thing like a ARTIST does, then Yes they'll be at the top.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 11:53:52 AM »

This post is kinda worrying...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 12:02:56 PM »

I don't like poster or stuff hanging in the walls of my room but that room looks so cool  ok

No man can be my equal
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »

yeah! Looked like my room in the early 90s..! Greaat!!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RnT
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 12:32:53 PM »

This post is kinda worrying...

why?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: