Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life since 9/11/01
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life since 9/11/01  (Read 57536 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »

According to the video...."No bodies were found" - at the Flight 93 crash in Pennsylvania.

It supposedly landed in Cleveland .The people were evacuated? And were taken to a NASA research center and they're safely living somewhere now?

What about the phone call from Todd Beamer to his wife, Lisa?

Lisa Beamer was thrust into the national spotlight after her husband,
Todd, led a counterattack against terrorists on United Flight 93.
He--and all the other passenger heroes--lost their lives in a Pennsylvania
field. But that plane was the only one of the four hijacked planes on
9-11 that didn't hit its target--most likely the White House or the
Capitol.

Can this be explained?

That's why I have a hard time believing this.

This is one of dumber suggestions by the movie - the plane never landed in Cleveland - it was an error initially made - it was actually the delta plane that landed.  If anyone doesn't think there was MASS confusion that day and that mistakes were uttered they're just being silly.  The fact that the fim makers take this error and exxaggerate it into fact is just careless journalism - there are several other parts of the movie just like this.

For example, the quote that starts the movie about the reporter who didn't see any windows on the plane......I believe I read somewhere he was TWO MILES away at a brooklyn subway stop.  Its odd that nobody else has reported that.  For every eye witness claiming to see something wierd there are hundreds who saw nothing strange.  The film makers do the same thing with the pentagon crash.  they take a few quotes from a sample of a few hundred - its not reporting on the whole story. 

That being said, they do bring up some interesting questions.  But do your research before you draw conclusions from watching one movie.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »

life change in the United states ?

cause i dont think life changed for that little fellow

SLCPUNK
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2006, 07:58:20 PM »

It's very hard to comprehend and digest, for me at least. I just can't imagine that kind of evil existing. I'm not totally naive. I know there are bad people in this world, but for it to come from someone in a position of trust like the president and others who are supposed to care and be looking out for everyone's best interest is unsettling.

Sound familiar?

U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War With Cuba

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban ?migr?s, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

More:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:59:55 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »

If gas prices dont go down its gonna make me believe in this stuff even more.

How can a Govt allow an oil company to have record quarter profits and still charge what they are charging?

The documentary raised my eyebrows. I went into it with my mind made up that it was bullshit and ridiculous but even though I tried my best I admit, it made me believe that it was possible.

Too much though counteracts that.

I still have a hard time believing that the Govt would kill innocent people, Like Journey I just cant comprehend someone being able to be that evil.

remote control planes etc?HuhHuh? thats a little too sci fi for my liking as well.

To me if they wanted Iraq's oil, they couldve figured out a much easier way to go to war with Iraq than going through all this and killing innocent people.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2006, 08:33:45 PM »

Gas prices are expected to be over a quarter higher per gallon then last summer.

To me if they wanted Iraq's oil, they couldve figured out a much easier way to go to war with Iraq than going through all this and killing innocent people.

It is much more then oil.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »

I must say, those documents about Cuba are very interesting, not sure Id call them a smoking gun but I was horrified watching that and thinking how possible it was.

How is this being handled on a national scale? Are news people talkin about it?

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2006, 09:00:47 PM »

Gas prices are expected to be over a quarter higher per gallon then last summer.

It is much more then oil.

how the fuck can gas prices go up agian?? We own iraq now and all that oil why isnt our gas cheaper?? it should go down not up.... damn i hate putting 50 dollars in every 10 days just to fill up my car.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2006, 09:02:31 PM »

Free enterprise.

If people pay it and your profits are breaking records why would u drop them?

That would be bad business and everyone knows the world revolves around the almighty dollar.

It sucks bad........

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2006, 09:11:18 PM »

remote control planes etc?HuhHuh? thats a little too sci fi for my liking as well.

We already have remote control planes......they're called Predators.

But the theories are still bullshit Smiley

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2006, 09:15:41 PM »

I must say, those documents about Cuba are very interesting, not sure Id call them a smoking gun but I was horrified watching that and thinking how possible it was.

How is this being handled on a national scale? Are news people talkin about it?

I think one of the major networks picked up on "loose change" as a movie about theories and stuff, but not supporting any of them.  Thats b/c A LOT of the film is VERY easy to disprove and a lot of it is just shoddy journalism and/or using facts but not ALL of the facts in a way to make your conclusion look infalliable.

DOn't just watch the movie and read the conspiracies...check out all the other info out there and then decide. 

My overall opinion is most of the conspriracy stuff is crap, but some do raise valid questions.

heinous
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2006, 09:21:15 PM »

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We are not going to get a different result with the Iraq war. We need to be proactive and not through violence. We need to look at our role in the middle east (over the last 50 plus years) and see how we have used that region for our gain while placing madmen in charge. The middle east is nothing more than a group of thugs which we have put in (or out) or power as we see fit over the years.

We then turn around and fund the bombs and bullets to kill their children via our client Israel. Our military aid to Israel is how many billions? You want to stop terrorists, then it is time to look in the mirror and address our role in that region. Our funding of violence, our essential creation of terror states, and our hypocrisy are leading up to our demise.

1. You're putting the cart before the horse. ?The middle east was a region in social decay, run by political tyrants and religious extremists long before America became heavily involved there.

2. For the record, Israel doesn't need America's help. ?They could are entirely capable of handling any (or all) of the surrounding Arab/Muslim countries alone. ?America gives aid to Israel because that's what you do with allies. ?And this particular ally has been on the front lines against terrorism for some time now. ?Oh, and by the way, the Palestinians (until recently) also received hundreds of millions from America every year. ?

3. No amount of placating or appeasement will stop terrorism. ?It only encourages it. ?If you actually knew history (rather than rewriting it), you'd know that.

4. Take your own advice........read more.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2006, 09:57:40 PM »

life change in the United states ?

cause i dont think life changed for that little fellow

nobody cares about africa.... well besides Bono..... they arent the ones bombing trains or hijacking airplanes... They all have AIDS and are starving thats not as big a problem as hijacking an airplane or bombing a train... really sad but true nobody really cares about africa.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2006, 11:02:24 PM »

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We are not going to get a different result with the Iraq war. We need to be proactive and not through violence. We need to look at our role in the middle east (over the last 50 plus years) and see how we have used that region for our gain while placing madmen in charge. The middle east is nothing more than a group of thugs which we have put in (or out) or power as we see fit over the years.

We then turn around and fund the bombs and bullets to kill their children via our client Israel. Our military aid to Israel is how many billions? You want to stop terrorists, then it is time to look in the mirror and address our role in that region. Our funding of violence, our essential creation of terror states, and our hypocrisy are leading up to our demise.

1. You're putting the cart before the horse.  The middle east was a region in social decay, run by political tyrants and religious extremists long before America became heavily involved there.

2. For the record, Israel doesn't need America's help.  They could are entirely capable of handling any (or all) of the surrounding Arab/Muslim countries alone.  America gives aid to Israel because that's what you do with allies.  And this particular ally has been on the front lines against terrorism for some time now.  Oh, and by the way, the Palestinians (until recently) also received hundreds of millions from America every year. 

3. No amount of placating or appeasement will stop terrorism.  It only encourages it.  If you actually knew history (rather than rewriting it), you'd know that.

4. Take your own advice........read more.

1) This statement has nothing to do with what I said. I said that we have put people in power there as it suits our needs. Which we have and still do.

2) You contradicted yourself here.

3,4)  I'm watching history being made and it is an utter failure. An ugly wart that won't be forgotten for some time now. Who would have thought that bombing people couldn't bring peace?

nobody cares about africa.... well besides Bono..... they arent the ones bombing trains or hijacking airplanes... They all have AIDS and are starving thats not as big a problem as hijacking an airplane or bombing a train... really sad but true nobody really cares about africa.

People care about Africa, except it does not sit on one of the largest untapped reserves of oil on the planet. If it did, we would be claiming "Liberate Darfur." You are right though: nobody cares, there is no money to be made.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2006, 08:11:15 AM »

It's very hard to comprehend and digest, for me at least. I just can't imagine that kind of evil existing. I'm not totally naive. I know there are bad people in this world, but for it to come from someone in a position of trust like the president and others who are supposed to care and be looking out for everyone's best interest is unsettling.

Sound familiar?

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban ?migr?s, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

More:

key word: REPORTEDLY.

and reported by someone making money from a book.

still, it's interesting. i just need more proof before i trust some no name reporter trying to make a buck.

is there anywhere online where i could see these docs, or find more information about them?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2006, 08:34:27 AM »

Flight 93 cockpit tapes will be released today.

so if the fix was on and 9/11 was orchestrated by the U.S. Government, add about 10 more people that would have to be "in the know", and lying about the events of that day.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/12/moussaoui.trial/index.html

SLCPUNK
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »

Sound familiar?

More:

key word: REPORTEDLY.

and reported by someone making money from a book.

still, it's interesting. i just need more proof before i trust some no name reporter trying to make a buck.

is there anywhere online where i could see these docs, or find more information about them?

It is a declassified (you know, the stuff Bush says is ok) 15 page Pentagon document. Allowed for everybody to view thanks to the freedom of information act; it is all over the internet.

Here is a copy of that declassified doc:

http://www.retakingamerica.com/files/northwoods_documents.pdf

It starts getting juicy around page 11.

This was also reported by the AP, and many others.

It also appears that this was not the only "operation" that was presented. I have read two more that were similar to this. "Operation Bingo" summed it up "create an incident which has the appearance of an attack on U.S. facilities (GMO) in Cuba, thus providing an excuse for use of U.S. military might to overthrow the current government of Cuba."

« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 01:33:08 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2006, 02:16:48 PM »

As for the ALLEGED cell phone conversations made from the flights, I think we've covered those here.? I don't feel like looking back in all of this to see if we did, but it seems it was so.? If not, I can cover those as well.

Well in the video the narrator said the voices were dubbed. Like the example of the guy giving his first and last name to his mom when he called home. The narrator says, "When was the last time you called your mother and gave your full name?"? Well when was the last time you were held hostage by hijackers on a airplane? The guy was obviously in a state of shock. It's not uncommon for people to say odd things were they're nervous or in total shock.

As for the flight 93 attendant, the narrator says, "She doesn't sound like someone who just saw some people murdered." To that I say she was trained to remain calm in any situation. That was her job.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2006, 02:48:50 PM »

Africa is interesting because it really doesnt matter how much someone cares or how many dollars are pumped into Africa.

Until someone teaches the Africans about "Safe Sex' Aids will continue to be an epidemic.

I have arguments with people all the time.

I think Cancer should be priority number 1.

Im not concerned with Aids cause to me, AIDS is the most preventable catostrophic disease in world history.

Sure you can get it very very rarely through a transfusion but for the most part it is very easily preventable.

So i dont care a whole lot about AIDS. as long as people keep being irresponsible,it wont matter how many billions or trillions of dollars people pump into Africa.

Lets get cancer,Parkinsons,Alzheimers, and the other true tragical diseases under control THEN worry bout AIDS.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

As for the flight 93 attendant, the narrator says, "She doesn't sound like someone who just saw some people murdered." To that I say she was trained to remain calm in any situation. That was her job.

I have to disagree.

An attendant is supposed to stay calm under normal flying circumstances (including preparing for a crash.) But to witness a brutal murder(s), it would be hard for anybody to remain that stoic, much less calm.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »

I have to disagree.

An attendant is supposed to stay calm under normal flying circumstances (including preparing for a crash.) But to witness a brutal murder(s), it would be hard for anybody to remain that stoic, much less calm.

no one knows how anyone would react to anything. if you had 1,000 people, you'd get 1,000 different reactions.

i think preparing for a crash (i.e. preparing to die) is more stressful than watching someone else die.

but who really knows?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: