Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life since 9/11/01
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life since 9/11/01  (Read 57488 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2006, 07:39:11 AM »

9--11 hasn't changed me one bit, i drive by that damn hole in the ground many times along the west side highway before I enter the brooklyn battery tunnel and I feel more upset about red tape and what BS is going on to why people can't just move on and build.. Tragedy strikes all the time, this was a terrible event, but it is almost 5 years later time to move on but remember those lost..  It's like god forbid someone builds on the foot prints of the towers... People die in horrific ways all the time, you just have to move on..

I don't know if 9-11 is responsible but everyone is a fucking politically correct baby nowadays ,I fucking hate that,,,, Of course people look at arabs different today, guess that's normal though...

If 9-11 never happened it would have eventually because we never learned from 1993 anyways..
sandman
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2006, 08:43:23 AM »

if i wanted to discuss the film, i would watch it all of it, and then give my opinion.

You are too lazy to watch. Just like you are too lazy to read.

So instead you ask somebody else for the info, which you try and poke holes in.

Your entire exchange is lazy.

But....... no surprise here.

back to the personal insults. i should have known this would happen.

when people run out of original and intelligent thoughts, they resort to personal attacks.  hihi

back on topic of this thread....

mike - i agree with you on the political correctness. a great book was just released by Michael Smerconish on that topic. it's a very interesting read. here's the link -

http://www.mastalk.com/mastalk/

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2006, 12:56:44 PM »

back to the personal insults.

Nope.

Come here and give your momma a kiss............

SLCPUNK
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2006, 01:01:29 PM »

but I think the country as a whole has become much more fearful and stupid. 

I think they were (especially in the begining), but I think now people are starting to wake up. Which is great.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2006, 01:41:31 PM »

I think they were (especially in the begining), but I think now people are starting to wake up. Which is great.

I'd tend to agree with you, but we are one "terror alert" away from people buying all the duct tape and cellophane they can get their hands on.  The fact that 3 years after 9-11 people were scared into voting for Bush again goes to show you we still have along way to go.

I think Katrina woke a lot of people up to be honest.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2006, 02:05:58 PM »

but I think the country as a whole has become much more fearful and stupid.?

The fact that 3 years after 9-11 people were scared into voting for Bush again goes to show you we still have along way to go.

The "fact"?  rofl 

although you might be right....Kerry did scare alot of people into voting for Bush.  hihi

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2006, 02:33:22 PM »

I'm not really sure what to believe in. Although I believe that there are some questions and inaccuricies to do with 9/11, I don't believe in the way-extreme conspiracies on it.

Also, SLCPunk, do you actually believe that it is impossible to use your cellphone in a plane flying at a high distance cause I could use my phone in a plane, not saying it was the same circumstances, just saying that I could use it.

And, sandman, you've got to be one of the most stubborn posters here. You refuse to watch the movie but yet you want to have an intelligent conversation with those who have viewed it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »

The fact that 3 years after 9-11 people were scared into voting for Bush again goes to show you we still have along way to go.

Well it's been a couple years since then. That is the time frame I am referring to.

It did. Most recently the lie he told about the Libby case has brought him to an all new low, 7 points away from Nixon's lowest rating. His party is splitting down the middle now, and the only one's left to support him are the Kool-Aid drinkers who are ready to drop a bomb on Iran (go read the Sean Hannity forums if you would like a good laugh). High ups in the military are threatening to resign in protest if Bush pushes on with the Nuke talk at this point; showing that even the military has had enough of this man. So in those regards, life has gotten better since 9-11. People have begun to wake up, which is great.

I'm not really sure what to believe in. Although I believe that there are some questions and inaccuricies to do with 9/11, I don't believe in the way-extreme conspiracies on it.

Also, SLCPunk, do you actually believe that it is impossible to use your cellphone in a plane flying at a high distance cause I could use my phone in a plane, not saying it was the same circumstances, just saying that I could use it.

It is impossible. That is why they are just now creating technology (Pico Cell) so you can talk above 8000 ft.

How high up were you when you spoke? Where you about to land?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:21:30 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »

And, sandman, you've got to be one of the most stubborn posters here. You refuse to watch the movie but yet you want to have an intelligent conversation with those who have viewed it.

read my posts. i have made it perfectly clear i am not discussing the movie. i am not interested in limiting the discussion ONLY to those that have seen the movie. i'm curious as to what ANYONE thinks the motive could be.

and since when did you have to watch a movie to have an opinion on something?? is reading not enough anymore??

that would be like me saying no one's opinion in these threads is valid unless you've seen "Flight 93" or "United 93".

SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »

read my posts. i have made it perfectly clear i am not discussing the movie. i am not interested in limiting the discussion ONLY to those that have seen the movie. i'm curious as to what ANYONE thinks the motive could be.

and since when did you have to watch a movie to have an opinion on something?? is reading not enough anymore??

that would be like me saying no one's opinion in these threads is valid unless you've seen "Flight 93" or "United 93".

You avoided a subject and decided to dance about the fringe instead. Pulling suckers in to discuss the talking points instead of actually watching it and then discussing. An easy out for you. Because then you could attack the middle man (the posters) instead of the scientific facts in the movie. If you had to watch the movie, then you would be faced with trying to disprove basic laws of physics etc.

It is easier for you to paint broad brush strokes of what you think the movie implies, then attack that. You are off the hook that way.

Edit: The point was made WHY in the movie. Pulling others in to recreate the powerful statement is what you wish for: A watered down version. Poke poke poke
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:23:24 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2006, 03:56:31 PM »

You avoided a subject and decided to dance about the fringe instead. Pulling suckers in to discuss the talking points instead of actually watching it and then discussing. An easy out for you. Because then you could attack the middle man (the posters) instead of the scientific facts in the movie. If you had to watch the movie, then you would be faced with trying to disprove basic laws of physics etc.

It is easier for you to paint broad brush strokes of what you think the movie implies, then attack that. You are off the hook that way.

Edit: The point was made WHY in the movie. Pulling others in to recreate the powerful statement is what you wish for: A watered down version. Poke poke poke

i've seen 3 movies in the last 3 years. for me to take time away from other things in my life, i have to REALLY want to do it. a movie about a conspiracy theory doesn't do it for me.

point me to a transcript of the movie and i'll gladly read it (anything to kill time at work).

i've read some on this topic and there's plenty of 9/11 conspiracy theorists that HATE this movie. and like i said, in the 5 minutes i did watch, they tried to mislead the viewer. like if the government WAS behind it, they would get cheap and NOT use a plane that looks EXACTLY like a commercial plane. they have one guy (at least a mile away) make that claim, yet they don't even mention hundreds of other eye witnesses. that's selective. AND they were misleading on the facts regarding the WTC insurance policy.

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »

Well it's been a couple years since then. That is the time frame I am referring to.

It did. Most recently the lie he told about the Libby case has brought him to an all new low, 7 points away from Nixon's lowest rating. His party is splitting down the middle now, and the only one's left to support him are the Kool-Aid drinkers who are ready to drop a bomb on Iran (go read the Sean Hannity forums if you would like a good laugh). High ups in the military are threatening to resign in protest if Bush pushes on with the Nuke talk at this point; showing that even the military has had enough of this man. So in those regards, life has gotten better since 9-11. People have begun to wake up, which is great.

It is impossible. That is why they are just now creating technology (Pico Cell) so you can talk above 8000 ft.

How high up were you when you spoke? Where you about to land?

I don't really remember but it seemed like we were on our way down.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »

I watched the? video. I honestly don't believe the theory. I was at home watching the news when the tragedies first happened. I remember witnesses looking for their loved ones who were on those flights.

I highly doubt the American government would deliberately take the lives of its citizens. That seems like an unfair and far-fetched theory.

The Hamburg Cell movie seems like a more accurate account of what happened.

The Bush administration is guilty of ignoring the warnings, but to say that they were behind the whole thing is....... The people responsible for the attacks are dead. So we're left with speculations and conspiracies.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:11:14 PM by journey » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »

The "fact"?  rofl 

although you might be right....Kerry did scare alot of people into voting for Bush.  hihi

So you're implying we're better off with Bush as president?  Please respond no so I don't have to laundry list the lies hes told us and the crimes against the country and our constituion....but if you insist "YES", I'll be more then happy to recount them for you Smiley

SLCPUNK
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2006, 06:18:48 PM »

The people responsible for the attacks are dead. So we're left with speculations and conspiracies.

The movie addressed this also.

Because about 9 of the "hijackers" reported to be alive and well living in various locations. This has been reported by the BBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS.

What about all the other lack of physical evidence? A plane that simply vaporized when hitting the pentagon? The impossible maneuver the plane had to make in order to hit the pentagon? Why all video of the plane hitting the pentagon was snatched up minutes after it happened? Not even a clip of it hitting the building was released.

The fact that it is impossible for a plane to go through the amount of steel they claimed it to when it hit the pentagon? The fact that the hole in the pentagon was way too small for a plane of that size?

There is simply too much to ignore.

What does anybody say to the huge amount of questions left by the video?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:28:11 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2006, 06:25:03 PM »

So did the government take down the plane that landed in Pensylvania?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2006, 06:27:54 PM »

The people responsible for the attacks are dead. So we're left with speculations and conspiracies.

Because about 1/2 of the "hijackers" listed are alive and well living in various cities. They have even given interviews!

This was a big part of the movie I really wanted to know more about.....to me this would be a smoking gun pointing to a conspiracy of some sorts - how legit are the sources in question though?  I mean, for every "loose change" there are 5 sites shooting down all the theories and really making them seem VERY silly and foolish.  At first I got caught up in all of the theories, but after doing some research of my own and reading a lot of competent, well researched essays/documents MOST of the Loose Change type theories are shot down quick.  If you're intersted, just go to Wikipeida and type in loose change or 911 conspiracy theory, stuff like that and you should find links to sites debunking many things.

My point is, if in fact the people in question were alive, wouldnt' the major news networks pick up on this, especially if there is a "liberal bias" and if the media hates the Bush Admin so much.....

SLCPUNK
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »

Because about 1/2 of the "hijackers" listed are alive and well living in various cities. They have even given interviews!

This was a big part of the movie I really wanted to know more about.....to me this would be a smoking gun pointing to a conspiracy of some sorts - how legit are the sources in question though?  I mean, for every "loose change" there are 5 sites shooting down all the theories and really making them seem VERY silly and foolish.  At first I got caught up in all of the theories, but after doing some research of my own and reading a lot of competent, well researched essays/documents MOST of the Loose Change type theories are shot down quick.  If you're intersted, just go to Wikipeida and type in loose change or 911 conspiracy theory, stuff like that and you should find links to sites debunking many things.

My point is, if in fact the people in question were alive, wouldnt' the major news networks pick up on this, especially if there is a "liberal bias" and if the media hates the Bush Admin so much.....

I have read both, and find too many unanswered questions on the Loose Change theory. Also, this administration has done nothing but lie since day one. So it pokes holes in their credibility from the start. People are more prone to listen to alternative scenarios.

I read the popular mechanics theory that was supposed to beat down this theory. But then I found out it was written by cousin of the Chief of homeland security. Then I also read another article written by a conservative BYU professor (BYU is hardly liberal, I'd say extreme conservative) that essential beat down the popular mechanics article.

I would not get this type of movie confused with "liberal bias". Simply because so many people on both sides believe that the government did this. The theory is that this is not a right or left agenda either.

Many of the claims made are simply laws of physics, that anybody could refute if they were false.

There are other glaringly obvious lies like the one about finding a terrorists passport in the rubble of 9-11. Is one to really believe that a plane that vaporized into thin air, leaving behind no black box allowed a paper passport to simply float to the ground?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:58:29 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2006, 06:52:33 PM »

So did the government take down the plane that landed in Pensylvania?

yes they did...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »

but I think the country as a whole has become much more fearful and stupid.?

The "fact"?? rofl?

although you might be right....Kerry did scare alot of people into voting for Bush.? hihi

So you're implying we're better off with Bush as president?? Please respond no so I don't have to laundry list the lies hes told us and the crimes against the country and our constituion....but if you insist "YES", I'll be more then happy to recount them for you Smiley

better off than what? no, i wasn't implying that at all. but you stated as "FACT" that people were "scared into voting for bush". that's not a "fact", it is an unproven theory.

kerry was on Meet the Press yesterday and he admitted that he made major mistakes in the campaign. he is to blame - not the scare tactics.

back on topic - both parties would have to be involved.

and if i was in the U.S government, and had to create a plan like 9/11, i would make saddam the bad guy from the get-go. set off a bomb in the U.S. and blame iraq. then go right in and get him. why waste time dicking around with al queda? the whole world hates them - they were already the bad guys. we didn't need to make them look any worse. clinton already tried (and failed) to get bin laden. and they don't have oil.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: