Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 92483 times)
joaoalberto
Opening Act

"Turn around bitch I got a use for you"

« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2005, 03:13:51 PM »

Do you people think its possible that there is a signed (by Axl) deadline with the record company/label and even without a product (CD) they are starting to promote it (telling Amazon to list it)?

"Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones"
(Guns N' Roses- Use Your Illusion II- Breakdown)
RichardNixon
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2005, 03:14:48 PM »

Do you people think its possible that there is a signed (by Axl) deadline with the record company/label and even without a product (CD) they are starting to promote it (telling Amazon to list it)?

Promote an album that doesn't exist? I doubt it.
joaoalberto
Opening Act

« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2005, 03:18:07 PM »

Promote an album that doesn't exist? I doubt it.

Maybe to obligate him to release

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2005, 03:19:04 PM »

The problem I see is that Amazon is so big, they can't have a perfect "checks and balances" system to weed out incorrect or suspect information right away.
It's not like the CEO of Amazon and a panel of judges individually approve each listing on the website.

I think it's possible that someone at Amazon was told by someone at universal to list the item (to be the first online retailer to accept pre-orders), but I fear that it's most likely some kind of error.

How many times over the past 6 years has Chinese Democracy been rumored to be released? Maybe it was submitted into their main computer 4 years ago, and someone at Amazon accidentally made it "live" on the website? That would explain the 2025 year issue.
RichardNixon
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2005, 03:21:01 PM »

Nah, I just don't think they work that way. I doubt Axl will be persuaded into releasing his album if the promotion began. It will come out when either (a) Axl is ready, (b) Axl dies, (c) Axl goes senile or crazy and some sleazy lawyer gets hold of the masters and releases it.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2005, 03:21:22 PM »

if they had any hesistations after 2002, if CD gets into the top 10, then that should erase any doubt.

Because a bunch of nerds on a message board are pre-ordering 500 copies of the CD to get it to #1?? hihi

classic eazy! ?I don't understand why people think after almost two years since a statement and 3 years since a public appearance, we are going to magically lift Axl out of his mansion by pre-ordering hundreds of cd's. ?

I'm pretty sure Axl isn't at home right now refreshing his Amazon screen right now to see what the sales ranking is at, like a bunch on here are. ?I think Axl may even be more influenced by the genious petition floating around here back in October than a sales ranking, but not by much. ?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
joaoalberto
Opening Act

« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2005, 03:21:58 PM »

I don't know... its too strange for my imagination....

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2005, 03:23:23 PM »

The problem I see is that Amazon is so big, they can't have a perfect "checks and balances" system to weed out incorrect or suspect information right away.
It's not like the CEO of Amazon and a panel of judges individually approve each listing on the website.

I think it's possible that someone at Amazon was told by someone at universal to list the item (to be the first online retailer to accept pre-orders), but I fear that it's most likely some kind of error.

How many times over the past 6 years has Chinese Democracy been rumored to be released? Maybe it was submitted into their main computer 4 years ago, and someone at Amazon accidentally made it "live" on the website? That would explain the 2025 year issue.

See, I'm not even sure the process is that manual. ?I know with a certain other music retailer, their release list is actually done automatically by importing files sent from the labels.

Given the vast number of items Amazon lists on their site, I'd find it hard to believe there is someone actually doing database entry and set up on each item. ?I suspect their process, too, is more automatic.

Which is another reason I say "Amazon doesn't play games". ?Now, someone might be playing games USING Amazon (*cough* Universal/Geffen *cough*), OR someone from Universal may have called an asked them to swap out WTTJ for CD, but I'm pretty confident Amazon, itself, isn't making the mistake. ?Even more so because we know someone actually LOOKED at the listing at Amazon in order to respond to the emails sent, and didn't just blow it out of the water.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
RichardNixon
« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2005, 03:23:38 PM »

If we got it to go to the number one sales rank, maybe we'd get a mention on MTV.com
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2005, 03:27:44 PM »

Chinese Democracy
Guns N' Roses

Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 2025. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. See more on holiday shipping.
Edit: New subject. /jarmo

It sounds like somebody at Amazon is trying to be sarcastic.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2005, 03:29:24 PM »

Anyone know if the ASIN number listed is an amazon specific number, or specific to the product?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
RichardNixon
« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2005, 03:31:54 PM »

B000CCBC6W
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2005, 03:34:45 PM »

Chinese Democracy
Guns N' Roses

Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 2025. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. See more on holiday shipping.
Edit: New subject. /jarmo

It sounds like somebody at Amazon is trying to be sarcastic.

That's prob a computer generated message, placed with every product. Only the date changes...

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2005, 03:36:31 PM »

If this were some secondhand website Id write it off as total bullshit immediately, but Amazon.com is a reputable business and i've never known of them to fuck up this big on anything.

So i have to admit that its got me somewhat skeptical.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2005, 03:37:24 PM »

well as i said 6 hours(12 pages) ago: don`t get your hopes up, but if the ball actually started rolling we all have a reason to be happy ok

i have the feeling that this listing won`t last very long......

amazon just changed the name, even the price is the same as it was for wttj....... i guess it`s sure that they don`t have the actual price yet, but i doubt they had listed this for 21$ if it wasn`t wttj before......

the point is: ? we`ll see what comes out of this ok

the only positive aspect is that we?re talking about amazon and not some radio dj....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 03:46:51 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
RichardNixon
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »

By giving 2025 as a release date they are not trying to be funny. Remember they wrote in the email "Our suppliers have supplied the 2025 release date simply as a stand-in
until they have more definite information."
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2005, 03:39:59 PM »

yeah, and names don't just change accidentally.

It was brought to their attention, and it has not changed.

Merck is playing fuckin' games

Behold, the evil that men do...
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2005, 03:40:51 PM »

Anyone know if the ASIN number listed is an amazon specific number, or specific to the product?

It's purely an Amazon reference number.

@#$%Funker
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2005, 03:45:37 PM »

Please people, get a grip. This could be a sign, but judging from history, gnr do not do things subtly. Events happen with explosive tenacity; expect a press release for CD information and not some glib mention on amazon. It is far more likely that Amazon is wrong.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Evolution
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2005, 03:46:44 PM »

Merck is playing fuckin' games

Like he said, no way he would confirm it that easy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: