Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:12:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 82065 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #560 on: December 05, 2005, 05:22:40 AM »

Splat covered the story before, saying:

The entry on Amazon.com for Guns N'Roses forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy' is insignificant and not based on any credible information according to both Universal and Sanctuary.

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=686

Evolution
« Reply #561 on: December 05, 2005, 05:41:48 AM »

Splat discrediting a rumour??  Roll Eyes
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #562 on: December 05, 2005, 05:45:19 AM »

i have a book being sold on Amazon, and while i'm sure things aren't the same for me as for large corporations, i still think Amazon and this listing are mostly automated. my book was added to Amazon automatically because Amazon carries everything in the distribution companies catalogue. the book is distributed by Ingram, and Ingram is such a large company that amazon automatically sells everything they list.

so i'm assuming that a very vague entry for CD was added on to some catalogue - some source Amazon uses to automatically add new entries (its not like webspace is a concern to amazon). cover art and blurbs and track listings and things like that are the things amazon is usually Told to do and provided with. any Amazon item where you see an image and more than a simple basic layout, the company behind the item is a member of the amazon advantage program, they pay $30 a year and take an active role in what is displayed. so i say the CD listing is automatic, and the label never "spoke" to amazon.
i do think its encouraging news, but i dont think it means anything more than we've been told. CD exists, and it's eventual release is being planned, but there is no release date.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #563 on: December 05, 2005, 05:51:18 AM »

they examine the various rumours and investigate about them.

many rumours were discredited by Splat, you can check them in the "killed rumours" of their board

however, this is off-topic here.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #564 on: December 05, 2005, 07:29:46 AM »

05-December-2005 08:28:16
Chinese Democracy Gets Release Date

Chinese Democracy, the long awaited album by Guns N? Roses has been given a release date of December 31st by amazon.com. Many fans believed that the new album was on the way after a recent announcement of another greatest hits album.

Despite Amazon?s listing, their UK site has no information on the album, nor does their competitors such as Play.com, CD WOW and HMV. Furthermore, the official site states that the album is expected in March 2006.

Source: http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/news.php?id=944

and of course by official site he means google  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #565 on: December 05, 2005, 09:24:12 AM »

25 days and couting Merck... 25 days and counting...................
You still think its coming out this year?? confused

"This will be the year of GNR" - Merck
that?s why I?m counting the days till the end of the year... something will happen

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #566 on: December 05, 2005, 09:31:01 AM »

that?s why I?m counting the days till the end of the year... something will happen

either that and nothing will happen and we can officially call Merck and idiot and a liar  Grin

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #567 on: December 05, 2005, 09:33:52 AM »

yeah, something like that  Grin
but I?m a Gunner, so I?m hoping for the best... ahh forget it, Carmen Elektra don?t wanna have sex with me

Evolution
« Reply #568 on: December 05, 2005, 10:00:32 AM »

many rumours were discredited by Splat, you can check them in the "killed rumours" of their board

however, this is off-topic here.

What exactly is the purpose of Splat?

On topic, it'll probably be a week and more before a newspaper writes a wee 4 line thing about this in their music section.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #569 on: December 05, 2005, 10:25:12 AM »

Chinese Democracy, the long awaited album by Guns N? Roses has been given a release date of December 31st by amazon.com. Many fans believed that the new album was on the way after a recent announcement of another greatest hits album.

Despite Amazon?s listing, their UK site has no information on the album, nor does their competitors such as Play.com, CD WOW and HMV. Furthermore, the official site states that the album is expected in March 2006.

Why do people keep saying Amazon is reporting a 12/31/05 release date when the year is clearly listed as 2025?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #570 on: December 05, 2005, 10:40:49 AM »

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Our latest information indicates that "Chinese Democracy" has not yet been released and the expected release date is not known. Our suppliers have supplied the 2025 release date simply as a stand-in until they have more definite information.

As soon as an actual release date has been determined for this item, we will add that information to our web site.

While we do still hope that copies will be made available, we cannot provide more precise information about the fulfillment of the order. In light of this uncertainty, we will understand if you would prefer to cancel your order. As of yet we have made no changes.

You may cancel orders yourself on our web site. Simply click on the "Your Account" link at the top of our home page and select the link that says "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered the shipping process.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Have all of u overlooked this email Journey got from Amazon.com?Huh

Holy shit that sounds kinda like something to me.

I was thinking the exact same thing

That to me, answers every question posed in the 28 pages of this thread

Amazon have received confirmation from the supplier of the product (so the product does infact exist), the release date is still pending hence they put 2025. The only confusion lies in the fact that WTTJ is also listed.

If im not mistaken, this is a fairly significant development in the scheme of things??

well this was definitely an automatic response and means nothing. a few pages before someone got the same email by the way....

we`ll see what comes out of this.... probably not that much, but i`m hoping ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #571 on: December 05, 2005, 10:42:53 AM »

either that and nothing will happen and we can officially call Merck and idiot and a liar? Grin
i guess it`s hard to proove that someone is actually a liar when he says that there are plans for a CD release beer

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #572 on: December 05, 2005, 11:26:36 AM »

only sp1at has the great ability to shoot down gnr rumors. Its such a tough thing to do

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #573 on: December 05, 2005, 11:56:11 AM »

only sp1at has the great ability to shoot down gnr rumors. Its such a tough thing to do

oh but dont underestimate Splat, they shoot down the very rumours they created hihi

but seriously here, I think it's obvious it's not a mystake, it's not an update that hasnt spread to all amazon servers, why ? because they don't have the same asim number anymore, it's two separate products now

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2005, 12:32:07 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I've sent an email to Rose Quinano (she's the girl who wrote the article about the Da Vinci code / soundtrack & early '06 album release).  I'm hoping that, if by some strange chance, she has or can get any further information on this, she'll share it.  As always, if she replies, I'll definitely share the info.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
roxxi
Opening Act

« Reply #575 on: December 05, 2005, 12:34:21 PM »

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Our latest information indicates that "Chinese Democracy" has not yet been released and the expected release date is not known. Our suppliers have supplied the 2025 release date simply as a stand-in until they have more definite information.

As soon as an actual release date has been determined for this item, we will add that information to our web site.

While we do still hope that copies will be made available, we cannot provide more precise information about the fulfillment of the order. In light of this uncertainty, we will understand if you would prefer to cancel your order. As of yet we have made no changes.

You may cancel orders yourself on our web site. Simply click on the "Your Account" link at the top of our home page and select the link that says "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered the shipping process.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Have all of u overlooked this email Journey got from Amazon.com?Huh

Holy shit that sounds kinda like something to me.

I was thinking the exact same thing

That to me, answers every question posed in the 28 pages of this thread

Amazon have received confirmation from the supplier of the product (so the product does infact exist), the release date is still pending hence they put 2025. The only confusion lies in the fact that WTTJ is also listed.

If im not mistaken, this is a fairly significant development in the scheme of things??

well this was definitely an automatic response and means nothing. a few pages before someone got the same email by the way....

we`ll see what comes out of this.... probably not that much, but i`m hoping ok

I got the same response as well.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #576 on: December 05, 2005, 12:37:08 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I've sent an email to Rose Quinano (she's the girl who wrote the article about the Da Vinci code / soundtrack & early '06 album release).  I'm hoping that, if by some strange chance, she has or can get any further information on this, she'll share it.  As always, if she replies, I'll definitely share the info.

-darknemus

great!!

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #577 on: December 05, 2005, 01:05:28 PM »

Why do people keep saying Amazon is reporting a 12/31/05 release date when the year is clearly listed as 2025?
Does this article say 12/31/05? Huh

Amazon teames up with virgin megastore.
HMV is with amazon ca.

I think someone in the position to use amazon to play this kinda trick heard the album was ready (and that's all) and started the "jumping the gun" game.

Whatever, most of us knew it'd come out one day before 2025, nay? peace
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #578 on: December 05, 2005, 01:06:46 PM »

ppbebe,

Amazon's records are updated electronically, usually via direct links with the Record labels / their distributors.  Although the CD entry COULD be a manual one, I would doubt it is - that's just not normal operating procedure over there.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #579 on: December 05, 2005, 01:08:08 PM »

Because, as I mentioned in another thread infotainment journalists are extremely lazy and incompetent reporters. Tongue

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: