Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 82236 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2005, 06:18:59 PM »

if it's error... where did they get Chinese Democracy? You just don't get name like Chinese Democracy from nothing... if it's updated automaticaly... from where? And why was name Chinese Democracy there? This is too fuckin' weird...

amazon definitely had a "source" for this. if it`s reliable or not is another question. they didn?t just list it on their site without any reason. i guess even the listing of duke nukem forever had a source.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Evolution
« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2005, 07:00:42 PM »

Well it's almost Monday and it is still on. Interesting.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2005, 07:18:39 PM »

if it's error... where did they get Chinese Democracy? You just don't get name like Chinese Democracy from nothing... if it's updated automaticaly... from where? And why was name Chinese Democracy there? This is too fuckin' weird...

Didn't you know? Amazon's default name for titles that haven't been announced yet is Chinese Democracy. Duh

hihi

gnrevolution.com
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2005, 07:29:36 PM »

According to an "insider source" (seen on xfm.co.uk), CD should be out by Xmas 05 but the source couldn't get any specific information "on anything in the coming months"...How funny.

Evolution
« Reply #544 on: December 04, 2005, 08:19:53 PM »

Contradiction to the extreme!
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2005, 08:20:45 PM »

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Our latest information indicates that "Chinese Democracy" has not yet been released and the expected release date is not known. Our suppliers have supplied the 2025 release date simply as a stand-in until they have more definite information.

As soon as an actual release date has been determined for this item, we will add that information to our web site.

While we do still hope that copies will be made available, we cannot provide more precise information about the fulfillment of the order. In light of this uncertainty, we will understand if you would prefer to cancel your order. As of yet we have made no changes.

You may cancel orders yourself on our web site. Simply click on the "Your Account" link at the top of our home page and select the link that says "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered the shipping process.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 11:35:30 PM by journey » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2005, 08:22:54 PM »

Ranked 2,197 as we speak.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2005, 09:11:08 PM »

According to an "insider source" (seen on xfm.co.uk), CD should be out by Xmas 05 but the source couldn't get any specific information "on anything in the coming months"...How funny.

Yeah they get all their info from Sp1at, the rumour about the UMG Employee has been around for about 6 months now. Things have probably changed alot since he heard this. Thats of course assuming he did hear anything at all!

Jonx
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #548 on: December 04, 2005, 09:31:18 PM »

but Amazon won't put a listing up like that from a street rumor.  If they did that theyd be out of business, they got info from somewhere.  Remember a few days ago when just WTTJ was listed it said dec 20th.  Now it says dec 31 2025.  One possible scenario is the record compant is going to a release a best of from the old band along with the new album dec 31 2005, idk but its not an unlikely scenario

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #549 on: December 04, 2005, 09:41:05 PM »

I sent the Da Vinci story to XFM. They are not really interested in GNR. Not many British outlets are, unfortunately. I seriously doubt they have any good inside info.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2005, 11:29:45 PM »

25 days and couting Merck... 25 days and counting...................

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2005, 11:42:18 PM »

25 days and couting Merck... 25 days and counting...................
You still think its coming out this year?? confused

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #552 on: December 05, 2005, 12:53:35 AM »

Our latest information indicates that "Chinese Democracy" has not yet been released and the expected release date is not known. Our suppliers have supplied the 2025 release date simply as a stand-in until they have more definite information.

As soon as an actual release date has been determined for this item, we will add that information to our web site.

While we do still hope that copies will be made available, we cannot provide more precise information about the fulfillment of the order. In light of this uncertainty, we will understand if you would prefer to cancel your order. As of yet we have made no changes.

You may cancel orders yourself on our web site. Simply click on the "Your Account" link at the top of our home page and select the link that says "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered the shipping process.

Have all of u overlooked this email Journey got from Amazon.com?Huh

Holy shit that sounds kinda like something to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #553 on: December 05, 2005, 01:14:08 AM »

just gonna have to wait an see nervous

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #554 on: December 05, 2005, 01:25:13 AM »

This is the most outragous shit i have ever seen.  i can't wait till 2025

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #555 on: December 05, 2005, 02:02:15 AM »

I was thinking the exact same thing

That to me, answers every question posed in the 28 pages of this thread

Amazon have received confirmation from the supplier of the product (so the product does infact exist), the release date is still pending hence they put 2025. The only confusion lies in the fact that WTTJ is also listed.

If im not mistaken, this is a fairly significant development in the scheme of things??

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #556 on: December 05, 2005, 02:08:04 AM »

I was thinking the exact same thing

That to me, answers every question posed in the 28 pages of this thread

Amazon have received confirmation from the supplier of the product (so the product does infact exist), the release date is still pending hence they put 2025. The only confusion lies in the fact that WTTJ is also listed.

If im not mistaken, this is a fairly significant development in the scheme of things??
Good point. It is indeed the first real confirmation we've had that it indeed exists. If this Amazon listing is indeed legit, I think GH2/WTTJ was a cover for CD. A cover was used so they could make copies of CD, making it less likely one would leak with people thinking it was GH2. Seems logical. Have you guys heard the saying,"the proof is in the pudding"? It looks like Amazon brought pudding to the table. rofl

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #557 on: December 05, 2005, 02:10:18 AM »

The amazon responce doesn't excite me cuz i feel like.. its probably an automated responce. I could be wrong tho. If it isn't then i'll be excited. Could anyone imagine Merck restating the "05 is GN'R's year" comment... and then a day later announcing  the release date.. wow. Just dreamin...

-jack

EDIT: please don't go "an automated responce wouldn't say Chinese Democracy in it"... i mean an automated responce where they fill in the blanks ya know?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 02:11:53 AM by vasoline73 » Logged

gnrevolution.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #558 on: December 05, 2005, 05:10:11 AM »

05-December-2005 08:28:16
Chinese Democracy Gets Release Date

Chinese Democracy, the long awaited album by Guns N? Roses has been given a release date of December 31st by amazon.com. Many fans believed that the new album was on the way after a recent announcement of another greatest hits album.

Despite Amazon?s listing, their UK site has no information on the album, nor does their competitors such as Play.com, CD WOW and HMV. Furthermore, the official site states that the album is expected in March 2006.

Source: http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/news.php?id=944

Evolution
« Reply #559 on: December 05, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

Is this the first media coverage this has gotten?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: