Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 82557 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #500 on: December 03, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »

ASIN B000CCBC6W has been alternating between CD and WTTJ for about 2 days now (read the entire thread).  like I said, i think it was an error which has since been updated on some servers but not all...  the alternation happens because the html files are being served by different servers, and depending on where you're getting the html from you'll see a different result  Undecided

I read the entire thread thank you  Tongue, but what you are saying is that the html files are alternating, and I agree but Im also saying there are several html files and one of them is NOT alternating

+ how do you explain this ? Im not being a smartass Im really asking

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #501 on: December 03, 2005, 03:45:14 PM »

I'm saying that ASIN B000CCBC6W (the link you provided and that you said hasn't changed) has been alternating between CD and WTTJ for about 2 days now

EDIT:  maybe you are trying to say that ASIN B000CCBC6M is the one that hasn't changed?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #502 on: December 03, 2005, 03:50:05 PM »

I'm saying that ASIN B000CCBC6W (the link you provided and that you said hasn't changed) has been alternating between CD and WTTJ for about 2 days now

EDIT:  maybe you are trying to say that ASIN B000CCBC6M is the one that hasn't changed?

nope, no biggy anyway - Im just saying the link I gave hasnt changed,  I understand the ASIN number is for both CD and WTTJ but there is no reason (yet) to believe that after 5 days (like you said) it will only be applied for WTTJ and not CD.

Having said that, Im off to bed, Im tired, good night and let tomorrow bring us some better news  Grin

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #503 on: December 03, 2005, 05:40:31 PM »

it seems that the WTTJ entry was cloned, and the title of the duplicate changed in C.D.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #504 on: December 03, 2005, 06:00:54 PM »

It seems like they're going to release Chinese Democracy AND Welcome to the Jungle.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2005, 06:05:12 PM »

i don't think there is a CD.....   Undecided

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #506 on: December 03, 2005, 06:47:54 PM »

You people ordering 999 copies are nuts, $23,000 US? Holy shit nervous I hope you REALLY like it. hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #507 on: December 03, 2005, 06:50:51 PM »

You people ordering 999 copies are nuts, $23,000 US? Holy shit nervous I hope you REALLY like it. hihi
or it will be "welcome to the bankrout" fo them hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #508 on: December 03, 2005, 06:51:41 PM »

or it will be "welcome to the bankrout" fo them hihi

good one, nesquick, good one  rofl

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2005, 08:17:16 PM »

EDIT:? maybe you are trying to say that ASIN B000CCBC6M is the one that hasn't changed?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is more than one web page displaying ASIN B000CCBC6W on Amazon.

One is alternating, the other, provided above, has never changed. Click that link as many times as you want, clear your cache, etc, it still says Chinese Democracy every time.

@#$%Funker
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2005, 08:59:11 PM »

Whats really fucked up is that having logged bac into Amazon.com after having ordered 'Chinese Democracy' is that they recommend 'Welcome to the Jungle' to me based on the fact I ordered Chinese Democracy.

Now I feel like Axl owes me an album.

Here today...ready to rock
Sterlingdog
« Reply #511 on: December 03, 2005, 09:27:12 PM »

I emailed amazon and asked them why the page alternated between Chinese Democracy and WTTJ.  Their response was a variation of the reply someone else got posted earlier in the thread, which I'm not finding now.  The only thing that stood out to me was this part:

"Thanks for writing to Amazon.com to bring this to our attention.

We build our web site information from many sources, and we really
appreciate knowing about any errors which find their way into it.

I'll see that this error is corrected as soon as possible."

It might just be a standard response, or maybe they are actually calling it an error now?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2005, 09:28:11 PM »

Whats really fucked up is that having logged bac into Amazon.com after having ordered 'Chinese Democracy' is that they recommend 'Welcome to the Jungle' to me based on the fact I ordered Chinese Democracy.

Now I feel like Axl owes me an album.

No, but Amazon might owe you two hihi

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #513 on: December 04, 2005, 04:48:33 AM »

has anyone considered the possibility that Merck was alluding specifically to the release date when he mentioned "playing games" ie. the release date Amazon have listed?

there is no actual denial regarding the fact it exists?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: December 04, 2005, 06:55:20 AM »

I emailed amazon and asked them why the page alternated between Chinese Democracy and WTTJ.  Their response was a variation of the reply someone else got posted earlier in the thread, which I'm not finding now.  The only thing that stood out to me was this part:

"Thanks for writing to Amazon.com to bring this to our attention.

We build our web site information from many sources, and we really
appreciate knowing about any errors which find their way into it.

I'll see that this error is corrected as soon as possible."

It might just be a standard response, or maybe they are actually calling it an error now?

Ive worked for Support before, that is a ''quicktext'' reply, it means they will look into the matter later  hihi and if there is an error they will repair it, if not they'll do shit-

their response was based on the fact that YOU made them believe there was an error.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2005, 10:49:49 AM »

Ive worked for Support before, that is a ''quicktext'' reply, it means they will look into the matter later? hihi and if there is an error they will repair it, if not they'll do shit-

their response was based on the fact that YOU made them believe there was an error.

You are right.  I responded to them that they really hadn't answered my question, and asked if they are offering Chinese Democracy for preorder or not.  Their answer was slightly less than friendly, but they basically said they didn't know.  They are too big an organization to go check on one item for me.  So make of that what you will.  They either don't know or refuse to say. 
slitherz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: December 04, 2005, 01:17:05 PM »

Takeshi from mygnrforum: "On amazon.com you can send them messages about errors in the listings. Around a week ago I sent them a message saying that the correct title for the GH2 listing should be "chinese democracy." It looks like some other people did the same thing and they listened."

Hope he's lieing...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2005, 01:24:23 PM »

Well that's it then some asshole from mygnrforum started it this whole rumor by lying to Amozon. thanks loser Tongue

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2005, 01:32:15 PM »

Takeshi from mygnrforum: "On amazon.com you can send them messages about errors in the listings. Around a week ago I sent them a message saying that the correct title for the GH2 listing should be "chinese democracy." It looks like some other people did the same thing and they listened."

Hope he's lieing...

of course he is, he said GH2 and not wttj, how is amazon supposed to know that GH2 is wttj ?

he's full of it

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

Hope he's lieing...

of course he is, he said GH2 and not wttj, how is amazon supposed to know that GH2 is wttj ?

he's full of it

+ takeshi is a known axl hater, over at mygnrforum one can find the most annoying bastards ever that will do anything to fuck with axl fans

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: