Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:43:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 82918 times)
Evolution
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2005, 01:18:34 PM »

Guys, seriously look out with those huge orders yes
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2005, 01:22:52 PM »

Now it says "Welcome to the jungle" again.. hmm??   confused
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2005, 01:24:28 PM »

and now 5 sec later "Chinese Democracy"    confused confused confused
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2005, 01:26:49 PM »

are we gonna spend every day reloading that page in disbelief untill chidem is released ?  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

So Axl will be 63 when CD is released? Hope he doesn't break a hip on the tour!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2005, 01:53:58 PM »

Merck says it's baseless, yet Amazon is not removing it, in fact they defended it.

Who do you believe?

Behold, the evil that men do...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #486 on: December 03, 2005, 02:05:14 PM »

Don't pay attention to it.
CD won't be released until at least Rock in Rio.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2005, 02:10:23 PM »

Merck says it's baseless, yet Amazon is not removing it, in fact they defended it.

Does Merck say that?   Huh

What merck does say is not incompatible with what amazon is doing.

Who do you believe?

The members of Guns n Roses, as a matter of course!!! ok
gav
« Reply #488 on: December 03, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »

Who do you believe?

I don't have the time to scour these pages so could someone point out when/how Amazon defended this listing, and am I right in saying that Mercks response to this furore is unsubstantiated?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #489 on: December 03, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »

I don't think You could find out that even if you checked all the posts, FuckThatShit!

somebody answer me

Maybe I replied to your post a few pages back. Not the answer but food for thought

By the way, Does anyone remember the axl stunt by Richard Branson.

As chance would have it, Virginmega.com is teamed up with amazon.com.

virgin

Check his history, the guy was a former A&R and marketing director at Virgin Records by the time he was 20.

What a coincidence! Cheesy
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #490 on: December 03, 2005, 02:38:23 PM »

what about the fact that  the name of the album is changing from CD to WTTJ ? because it is changing and its not the cache, could it be a glitch from the site? or is one of the site's webmaster or designer or whatever that is continually ''playing games'' with the name ?? what would be the point of that? amazon is serious shit, don't you think there should be a supervisor to prevent that sort of thing -unless the supervisor is playing games and changing the name  Grin-

but uhm, I guess my question is - could this be a computer error or is there human intervention ?

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #491 on: December 03, 2005, 02:39:34 PM »

Don't pay attention to it.
CD won't be released until at least Rock in Rio.

But Amazon hasn't put up a release date-they've put up a page for a preorder of an album---which means that they think the product exists in some capacity. I agree---the album (if it is finished and promotion is being planned) won't be released until the band is close to touring again, probably around RIR 06---then again, this goes on the assumption that Axl is planning to play at RIR-there has been no confirmation of this to my knowledge.

The way I view the listing is this: somebody told Amazon that a Guns project is on the way in the not-too-distant future (though with no exact release date given), and Amazon, believing the info, has put up this page and started to take preorders for it. Merck's 'playing games'/unsbustantiated' line might very well be true, but then you'd think they would have put a call into Amazon to take down this page ASAP-hasn't happened yet. I know Will metioned earilier that the announcemnt of CD would not be subtle-it would be trumpeted very loudly by Axl and his management. I disagree--subtlety is key, IMO b/c the minute people know this project is done and expected out, there will be a line in the sand in terms of mainstream expectation---and since Axl is notoriously unreliable on delivering, if he should fail to deliver,everything could get derailed. Doing it gradually and on the sly means you can coax it along, and build up  interest via word-of-mouth up to a  crescendo for when your full promotion plan is set off.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 02:41:29 PM by NickNastyIII: The Return » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #492 on: December 03, 2005, 02:40:49 PM »

what about the fact that  the name of the album is changing from CD to WTTJ ? because it is changing and its not the cache, could it be a glitch from the site? or is one of the site's webmaster or designer or whatever that is continually ''playing games'' with the name ?? what would be the point of that? amazon is serious shit, don't you think there should be a supervisor to prevent that sort of thing -unless the supervisor is playing games and changing the name  Grin-

but uhm, I guess my question is - could this be a computer error or is there human intervention ?

Apparantly Amazon are doing some maintenance on their database at the moment, this could just be a glitch, something that has accidentally been activated when it shouldnt be! Who knows, as usual we know shit!

Jonx
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #493 on: December 03, 2005, 03:01:02 PM »

Hehe Now you see it now you don't?a reload button does the swap sometimes, but not always.

somebody told Amazon that a Guns project is on the way in the not-too-distant future (though with no exact release date given), and Amazon, believing the info, has put up this page and started to take preorders for it. Merck's 'playing games'/unsbustantiated' line might very well be true, but then you'd think they would have put a call into Amazon to take down this page ASAP-hasn't happened yet

What if this game freak Amazon is a virgin?

Check this thread.Richard Branson dressed up as Axl
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 03:07:35 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #494 on: December 03, 2005, 03:09:46 PM »

Just noticed that Cduniverse is listing WTTJ twice, with 2 different catalog numbers.  Coincidence?  As far as I know, they aren't connected to Amazon.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #495 on: December 03, 2005, 03:18:05 PM »

Just noticed that Cduniverse is listing WTTJ twice, with 2 different catalog numbers.  Coincidence?  As far as I know, they aren't connected to Amazon.

that's cause one is explicit lyrics and one is edited....  so different catalogue numbers..

Seriously, I think someone at amazon made an error and entered CD rather than WTTJ for one of the catalogue numbers.  I think someone corrected the problem and that's why we get alternating CD and WTTJ for B000CCBC6W (has been updated on some servers but not all of them, which can take up to 5 business days according to amazon.com website).

I really think this is a mistake and I don't think we'll see CD anytime soon

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Sterlingdog
« Reply #496 on: December 03, 2005, 03:19:54 PM »

that's cause one is explicit lyrics and one is edited....? so different catalogue numbers..

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.  But other cd's on amazon, like appetite, specify "clean" or "explicit" next to the title.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #497 on: December 03, 2005, 03:22:04 PM »

that's cause one is explicit lyrics and one is edited....  so different catalogue numbers..

Seriously, I think someone at amazon made an error and entered CD rather than WTTJ for one of the catalogue numbers.  I think someone corrected the problem and that's why we get alternating CD and WTTJ for B000CCBC6W (has been updated on some servers but not all of them, which can take up to 5 business days according to amazon.com website).

I really think this is a mistake and I don't think we'll see CD anytime soon

that would make sense but this page right here has never changed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCBC6W/qid=1133498180/sr=8-16/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl15/102-0240113-1410548?n=507846&s=music&v=glance

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #498 on: December 03, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »

well, i dunno, but WTTJ is definately coming in uncensored and edited versions
http://www.therockradio.com/2005/11/guns-n-roses-hits-double-disc.html

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #499 on: December 03, 2005, 03:24:45 PM »

ASIN B000CCBC6W has been alternating between CD and WTTJ for about 2 days now (read the entire thread).  like I said, i think it was an error which has since been updated on some servers but not all...  the alternation happens because the html files are being served by different servers, and depending on where you're getting the html from you'll see a different result  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: