Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 83133 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2005, 03:58:33 AM »

I tried sending MTV an email concerning the situation... if they reported it then we would definitly hear something. We need to get this out be4 it dies. =/.

I couldn't find a real email adress tho.. so.. i just left a "you tell us" thing concerning the situation.

Undecided

Better than nothing. Im trying

gnrevolution.com
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2005, 04:52:26 AM »

Sorry people I'm not gonna read 23 pages of posts....so hold your horses if anybody (which I'm sure someone has) posted he same commnet...

In this site news section, it says Amazon has listed CD to be released December 31st, 2025. Now, it's that a typo? or somebody is take the piss with the "year"?

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2005, 05:37:37 AM »

To repeat what has already been posted, the release date of December 31st 2025 is just something Amazon uses while an actual release date for the item in question is pending, ergo, a release date is probably imminent (though, merely an uneducated guess of mine).

However, I do have a theory about the GH2 aka Welcome to the Jungle. This could have been an "incognito cover" for Chinese Democracy, similar to the one often used by major motion picture companies when distributing their movies to theaters around the US as a basic tool to prevent bootlegging. They (movie companies) often "mislabel" their movies in order to keep employees of movie theaters, distribution companies etc. from knowing what movie they are actually handling, thus keeping their interest to a minimum as well as acts of piracy. Then again, who knows...
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2005, 05:51:56 AM »

At the end of the day, I see it this way:

1). Amazon put this listing up because they have had some information about CD. This doesn't happen by accident.

2). Mysteron and Merck will probably seem to be vindicated as this will probably come to nothing (why it's been there this long if it's wrong tho baffles me - surely they would have been told to remove it).

3). This still means to me that CD is close because this must have come from somewhere (there's no smoke without fire).

@#$%Funker
lastroots
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2005, 06:14:03 AM »

If anyone still had doubts, here is the proof that 2025 is a default date for undisclose releases:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000TAPKG/qid=1133564069/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-1639685-7963028?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

/lastroots
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #445 on: December 03, 2005, 07:31:02 AM »

Well, this morning I searched under Chinese Democracy and it came up in the Guns n' Roses list. When I clicked on the link it also goes to 'Chinese Democracy'. Not a mention of Welcome to the Jungle in sight.

Then, I went back to the list, and re-clicked the link. It went back to 'Welcome to the Jungle'. I returned to the list it was also listed 'Welcome to the Jungle'. I can't get the Chinese Democracy back now although when you search on the name it still brings up Guns n' Roses

How many people managed to pre-order a copy of 'Chinese Democracy'. Did you get an e-mail confirmation?

Here today...ready to rock
lastroots
« Reply #446 on: December 03, 2005, 07:35:11 AM »

i guess thats a technical problem which has nothing to say, its due to the possibility that they seemingly just changed the title, not the page, which may lead to errors on some of their servers. to me it was always cd, it never switched.

/lastroots
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #447 on: December 03, 2005, 07:48:15 AM »

I still get this after having erased cache and cookies.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #448 on: December 03, 2005, 08:19:20 AM »

If anyone still had doubts, here is the proof that 2025 is a default date for undisclose releases:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000TAPKG/qid=1133564069/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-1639685-7963028?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

/lastroots

but still, the price for CD is 21,49, and for that shit its 29,49.. wich means its not a random pice....

dunno if that added anything though :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #449 on: December 03, 2005, 08:36:27 AM »

I've ordered my copy...cost a friggin fortune after tax and shipping to the UK - about $60! I still can't believe I have e-mail confirmation saying Chinese Democracy too.

Is Merck still standing by his statement about Amazon playing games? Have I just ordered a product that doesn't exist?

Here today...ready to rock
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2005, 08:50:41 AM »

I've ordered my copy...cost a friggin fortune after tax and shipping to the UK - about $60! I still can't believe I have e-mail confirmation saying Chinese Democracy too.

Is Merck still standing by his statement about Amazon playing games? Have I just ordered a product that doesn't exist?

Can you post your email confirmation to see what it says ?  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2005, 08:55:17 AM »

Please do no6. Isn't it odd that only one amazon com has it?

Then again,
Label: (label name not provided)

this only means that they have not decided yet how to label the album (Geffen or Interscope or UM or wathever), but the record company is still UMG

plausible but I wouldn't say only. it could mean other things.
Uni hasn't listed this yet.

do you think they changed record company under complete silence? that's absolutely impossible.

Impossible? I wouldn't be so certain of it or that they changed it. as no label is mentioned there yet.
What in the future, especially 20 yrs from now, You never know.
the supplier doesn't either, Perhaps?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2005, 08:56:11 AM »

By the way, Does anyone remember the axl stunt by Richard Branson.

As chance would have it, Virginmega.com is teamed up with amazon.com. So is HMV with amazon com ca and you can't find cd or wttj (the B000CCBC6W page anyway) for Chinese Democracy via HMV search.

virgin
HMV

Check his history, the guy was a former A&R and marketing director at Virgin Records by the time he was 20.

What a coincidence! Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2005, 10:18:30 AM »

*strokes chin thoughtfully*
Sterlingdog
« Reply #454 on: December 03, 2005, 10:51:56 AM »

I can't find anyone else that has Chinese Democracy, but CDuniverse is still listing WTTJ with a release date of Dec 20.  Only $15 -  I wonder why so much less that Amazon?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2005, 11:02:22 AM »

That head still fucks with me Grin

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Evolution
« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2005, 11:10:55 AM »

That head still fucks with me Grin

It's not his fault!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2005, 11:36:20 AM »

I can't find anyone else that has Chinese Democracy, but CDuniverse is still listing WTTJ with a release date of Dec 20.  Only $15 -  I wonder why so much less that Amazon?

Because it was a different product?
Thanks. I meant Chinse Democracy.

Yes, I think his short comment is all true.  Yes, I'm pretty sure it will exist before the release date.
the Amazon who can play games...Now I wonder who they are. Cheesy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #458 on: December 03, 2005, 11:41:23 AM »

Alot of people may owe Mysteron an apology when this turns out to be nothing.
not really. The idea that this would have turned out the way we wanted was a longshot to begin with. Hes too vauge too be considered a reliable source. Until he comes out with something juicy and in advance then Ill start believing. Until then he knows as much as us

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #459 on: December 03, 2005, 11:48:37 AM »

I am going to order my copy now Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: