Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 83147 times)
conny
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2005, 09:42:44 PM »

Nope, it's not considered as pre-ordered if you don't give any billing information. Even though they don't bill you until the item(s) are shipped, they still need some billing information to make sure you actually pre-ordered it and you are not using a guest account of whatever.

In this case, fake account.   Grin
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2005, 09:46:05 PM »

Hey, why not on a Saturday?  Has GN'R ever really done anything "normal"?  Axl is a genius!  Now I'm gonna have that Saturday night song by Elton John stuck in my head. lol  Wait...Elton John?  Axl loves Elton John!  Genius!  ok

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2005, 09:47:54 PM »

In this case, fake account. Grin

I think not. Wink Even with a fake account, you need actual billing information to be considered as "pre-ordered". Fake billing information (ie. credit card number) is not gonna work on amazon.com.

conny
« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2005, 10:00:09 PM »

In this case, fake account. Grin

I think not. Wink Even with a fake account, you need actual billing information to be considered as "pre-ordered". Fake billing information (ie. credit card number) is not gonna work on amazon.com.

But why does it let you add the CD to basket and shows "pre-order" and not "save for later" even when you are not logged in? I mean the browser cache is still the same, so when you add the CD when logged out (pre-order), it's still there when you log in...?

Huh

It's a conspiracy!  Shocked

Wink
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2005, 10:08:39 PM »

It's because of cookies. If you clear out cookies in your browser options, I'm pretty sure it would not show the item as "pre-ordered".

conny
« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:50 PM »

Yeah well I think this is it you are right.  Undecided

Whatever, we waited so long for the album, we might as well shell out the 20.000 bucks for a few copies more, huh?  Grin
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2005, 10:30:04 PM »

Do you think after all this time Axl will just name a date and release it??

I don't think he will name a date. But he will probably hand the finished product to Universal, who are gonna put it on their release schedule. It hasn't happened yet. Chinese Democracy is their biggest release of the decade. They won't release it without promotion (even rushed promotion). As I said many times here, when CD is ready to be released and has an actual release date set in stone, believe me, the whole world will know about it. Not just us, desperately looking at amazon.com for a hint of a release date. It will be publicized in India, China, Italy, Germany, the UK, Indonesia, France, Argentina, Iceland, the US, Canada, Ireland, etc. This is gonna be a worldwide event. Not some database glitch (done on purpose or not) on amazon.com.

I have no idea how they might promote this thing, but I disagree with you. ?You say how the whole world will know when it is coming out. ?But don't you think that if CD was just put on the shelves, everyone around the world would know about it within only a few days, hours? ?It would be all over the radio and TV. ?I don't think this album will need much promotion. ?Now they may promote the shit out of it, but I don't think they need to. ?The best promotion that CD has already had is that fact that it has been talked about for the last 7-8 years. ?This is the most anticipated album in rock whether you believe it or not. ?And another thing that has helped promote it, has been the greatest hits.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
RichardNixon
« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2005, 11:04:23 PM »

You could always send 998 copies back.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

With all this CD talk, I am jamming my Chinese Democracy Preview disc non-stop, when I should be listening to the new KoRn!

1. Oh My God
2. Madagascar
3. Chinese Democracy
4. The Blues
5. Silkworms
6. Riyadh And The Bedouins
7. IRS

It's filling the void for now...

Evolution
« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2005, 11:39:37 PM »

^You made the right choice
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2005, 11:46:32 PM »

coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #431 on: December 03, 2005, 12:02:30 AM »

I have been playin with this all day, you know going to the site, and putting in Chinese Democracy.  It in turn directs me to Welcome to the Jungle.  I always thought welcome to the jungle sounded abit corny, but now as of around 8-ish, welcome to the jungle seems to not exist and all that comes up is Chinese Democracy listing.....  (I know, probably everyone knows about this already, not trying to bust out some incredible enlightening heavy top secret shit.....but just discussing it.

This is so weird, I guess Merck called the Amazon people and said good work you numb nuts on keeping this a secret, in long over due time!  and then said, just change it, the world knows now, dammit!......now all that needs to be accomplished is to turn the 2 to a 0, to compliment the year of our Axl 2005...............Chinese Democracy starts with a 20,000 dollar debt for each brave,spontanious, individual with a funny side, amazing.......
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2005, 12:12:01 AM »

I have been playin with this all day, you know going to the site, and putting in Chinese Democracy.  It in turn directs me to Welcome to the Jungle.  I always thought welcome to the jungle sounded abit corny, but now as of around 8-ish, welcome to the jungle seems to not exist and all that comes up is Chinese Democracy listing.....  (I know, probably everyone knows about this already, not trying to bust out some incredible enlightening heavy top secret shit.....but just discussing it.

This is so weird, I guess Merck called the Amazon people and said good work you numb nuts on keeping this a secret, in long over due time!  and then said, just change it, the world knows now, dammit!......now all that needs to be accomplished is to turn the 2 to a 0, to compliment the year of our Axl 2005...............Chinese Democracy starts with a 20,000 dollar debt for each brave,spontanious, individual with a funny side, amazing.......

hihi hihi Well we all knew this cd would come with sacrifices right? Ah, hell---please let this be resolved by Monday so we can all move on w/ our lives  rofl
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 12:15:55 AM by NickNastyIII: The Return » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2005, 12:16:01 AM »

Why can't GNR just be a normal  band, why all the mystery all  the time? It gets  old. In the late  1980s and early 1990s it was semi-interesting, now it is just annoying. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2005, 01:41:04 AM »

Well this thread sure slowed down... heh. Apparently so has Chinese Democracy on amazon.com. its now in the 560's... down from 497..

gnrevolution.com
angry anderson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2005, 01:49:15 AM »

Well this thread sure slowed down... heh. Apparently so has Chinese Democracy on amazon.com. its now in the 560's... down from 497..

560 for a rumored release is pretty good
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #436 on: December 03, 2005, 02:34:04 AM »

Hmmm this is weird. In some ways it seems like signals have been sent to Amazon,...then I realize all the false starts from the YEARS I have been keeping a watchful eye on events...(or lack thereof  hihi).....

But Either way...I am here in Australia on Business. I have one more week to go. I live in Canada. Guess what I brought with me?.....hehehe...ALL my Guns cd's LOL. AND I am downloading all the 7 new songs to keep me happy.

Hope there is something to this tho!!!

Iron Mikey

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #437 on: December 03, 2005, 02:43:27 AM »

Yeah yeah, I know - I don't post much. But c'mon, this is too good to pass up!

Just two things.

1) Merck's "response" is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard in my life. Either Amazon was right or wrong, but they're certainly not playing games. They're one of the most trusted online retailers in the world - someone didn't just wake up one day and decided to fuck with GN'R fans. Sorry folks, it just doesn't happen like that. My guess is that someone leaked the info early and Merck is scrambling to cover it up.

2) Mysteron - sorry bro, but I really don't believe that you know much more than any of us. I'm not insulting you personally, but unless you can show me that you're "in the know" somehow (and you're certainly not obligated to do this) - I can't take anything you say as gospel truth. And it also seems though, lately, your replies have been getting more and more vague where it can go either way so that you're covered no matter what happens.

There's too much pointing to SOMETHING going on here that its hard to believe there's NOT something going on.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #438 on: December 03, 2005, 02:50:18 AM »

How the hell did this thread become 22 pages long?

Pathetic.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #439 on: December 03, 2005, 03:50:06 AM »

Alot of people may owe Mysteron an apology when this turns out to be nothing.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: