Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:13:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing on Amazon  (Read 92419 times)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #360 on: December 02, 2005, 06:34:30 PM »

is there any way to write to amazon and ask? has anyone tried this?

or, does anyone know someone who works for amazon?

this is driving me crazy!
My current boss used to work at Amazon and I asked about the process of records getting listed. Here is what I was told, in summary:

Apparently the distributor for this CD would have notified Amazon of the existence of the album, with the understanding that the record exists and is ready, but cover art, etc and the release date may change. The date into the future as stated previously is just a placeholder until the final date is decided upon. I was given the response that this is a credible listing and would not have occured without a completed record waiting in the wings.

Sounded good to me. Don't know if this info helps, but it's fun to finally have some positivity here.

apperantly, some people are too lazy to read even the last 7 posts, before they ask a question....

chill man, i read your post before asking my question.  just because your boss said that doesn't mean someone at amazon made a mistake by entering CD instead of WTTJ....  I was wondering if anyonw has written to amazon or has talked with someone who works there to check and see if this is an error or not. 

chill the fuck out.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2005, 06:37:25 PM »

@ nambis   peace     calm down    it wasn`t my post and i didn`t want to offend you....

but you asked if someone talked to a friend(or whatever...) who works at amazon..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2005, 06:39:11 PM »

by the way amazon responded to some mails and it was no mistake, but they don?t know when/if chinese democracy will be released (or they aren`t yet allowed to talk about it)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2005, 06:40:51 PM »

Shouldn't be hard for Axl to come with a press release for Chinese Democracy if the album already ranks as #1 at amazon.com!!  smoking

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2005, 06:53:41 PM »

Where the hell are you guys finding the sales list.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2005, 06:54:39 PM »

at the product page for CD... look under "product details"

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »

Can anyone answer this FUKING question, other people have asked the same question, but no one responds.
PLZ help.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »

Can anyone answer this FUKING question, other people have asked the same question, but no one responds.
PLZ help.

Look at the post above yours.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2005, 07:03:58 PM »

says #495.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2005, 07:09:45 PM »

Then again,
Label: (label name not provided)

this only means that they have not decided yet how to label the album (Geffen or Interscope or UM or wathever), but the record company is still UMG

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2005, 07:11:45 PM »

Some of u are so hilarious.

Do I think this is CD? Probably not but just because Merck and Mysteron say its not we are suppose to believe that?

If they are seriously tryin to do a secret release type strategy then OF COURSE it wouldnt be on the release log and OF COURSE Merck and Mysteron would deny it cause if they didnt HELLO U FUCKIN GENIUSES the cat would be out of the bag.

If this isnt CD we are owed an explanation cause Amazon.com doesnt just have oversights.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2005, 07:12:20 PM »

I do my best not to be a conspiracy theorist, but you have to admit, this entire situation does hold at least some promise.

-darknemus

Even I had to laugh at that one. Smiley

What's that they say: It's not conspiracy theory if they're really out to get you??

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2005, 07:14:20 PM »

Some of u are so hilarious.

Do I think this is CD? Probably not but just because Merck and Mysteron say its not we are suppose to believe that?

If they are seriously tryin to do a secret release type strategy then OF COURSE it wouldnt be on the release log and OF COURSE Merck and Mysteron would deny it cause if they didnt HELLO U FUCKIN GENIUSES the cat would be out of the bag.

If this isnt CD we are owed an explanation cause Amazon.com doesnt just have oversights.

Cheers. A voice of optimism for a change.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2005, 07:15:13 PM »

Amazon's information is baseless. Is that un-vague enough for you?

Do I need to add curse words or something to speak to the youth of today? Roll Eyes (sarc.)

Amazon's info can't be "baseless". ?It's basis might not be reputable, or might not be correct info. ?It might not come from the label or management, but I can promise you it's not them just making things up....

You and I both know things don't work that way in their type of business.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2005, 07:19:28 PM »

Now I get it. Every time you Reload the page the album title changes. hihi
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #375 on: December 02, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »

I just got off the phone with Amazon.  Not much info, but I figured I'd pass it along anyway.

A. When they pull up that ASIN#, they see the Greatest Hits album (she didn't clarify if it was GH I or GH II - but I'm assuming #2

B. For some reason, when I had her do a search for "guns roses" she did NOT see Chinese Democracy listed (although I do, right below Spagehetti Incident)

C. Amazon is performing "routine maintenance" on their systems (and has been since yesterday) - so that COULD explain the issue.  (It still doesn't explain how the fuck the name "Chinese Democracy" got in their database, though)

If you want to contact Amazon, yourself, here's a link with info on how to do it: http://clicheideas.com/amazon.htm

The girl I spoke to's name was Meagan, but I'm sure if you call you'll get some other workerbee.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #376 on: December 02, 2005, 07:27:55 PM »

Then again,
Label: (label name not provided)

this only means that they have not decided yet how to label the album (Geffen or Interscope or UM or wathever), but the record company is still UMG

plausible but I wouldn't say only. it could mean other things.
Uni hasn't listed this yet.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »

I just got off the phone with Amazon.? Not much info, but I figured I'd pass it along anyway.

A. When they pull up that ASIN#, they see the Greatest Hits album (she didn't clarify if it was GH I or GH II - but I'm assuming #2

B. For some reason, when I had her do a search for "guns roses" she did NOT see Chinese Democracy listed (although I do, right below Spagehetti Incident)

C. Amazon is performing "routine maintenance" on their systems (and has been since yesterday) - so that COULD explain the issue.? (It still doesn't explain how the fuck the name "Chinese Democracy" got in their database, though)

If you want to contact Amazon, yourself, here's a link with info on how to do it: http://clicheideas.com/amazon.htm

The girl I spoke to's name was Meagan, but I'm sure if you call you'll get some other workerbee.

-darknemus

wtf. thats weird she didn't see it... if she doesnt see it then wat the hell have we been buying haha

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2005, 07:30:52 PM »

Its possible that their internal DB might be slightly different than what's seen on the website, although she made it sound as if she was checking "amazon.com" directly.  Who knows.

I also might not have been asking the right questions, hence why I posted the contact info for others to try their hand.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2005, 07:33:37 PM »

I just got home from work and have been checking from here, and haven't seen it come up as Chinese Democracy once. I see nothing but WTTJ. Cache has been cleared multiple times..... maybe "they" fixed it..
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: