Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 191753 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #940 on: September 28, 2005, 09:06:15 AM »

i suspect Holy war being fat.
maybe because of his avatar. but i picture him like that. fat and ackward looking Smiley

people really need to chill out. there's so much hate. they're all going to hell Grin

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #941 on: September 28, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »

people really need to chill out.

Or be banned.

Fuck 'Em All.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #942 on: September 28, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »

nah, i think they're cool. they just seek attention. they've tried being gay. they've tried goth clothes. they've tried nirvana. now they're conservative pseudo-hardcore right extremist gay wads.
thats it :=)

at least Walk is funny. the others are just boring Smiley

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #943 on: September 28, 2005, 09:44:55 AM »

That's why I was asking, to better understand your position.? And don't call me babe.? I don't call people names, and I expect the same treatment.

As far as I'm concerned you can call me names.? Stud, hunk, sexy, Mr. God's gift to women all work quite well.? ?Wink

Why do you resort to harassing a female member when she clearly has a better argument than you? What's that about, do things like that make you feel like a man or somethin? Noone's fuckin impressed.

Back on subject, England got what she deserved, seeing them photos in the press when the first surfaced made my blood boil, and chills go up my spine. Although there is no way of proving it is highly likely them photos sparked a huge rise in terrorist recruiting. It is damaging not only to the prisoners at the receiving end and the prisoners witnessing the event but also the Islamic view on the west. These people are told that Western people are un-feeling monsters (just like we're told about them) that eat babies. All a picture of some fool smiling while they torture someone will do is heighten those feelings.
Kitano
« Reply #944 on: September 28, 2005, 03:07:18 PM »

What's horseshit? ?They have indeed had old men in Gitmo and isolation is indeed a torture, psychological but still torture. ?Over time an inmate in iso ?goes crazy so that is indeed inhumane.

I don't understand the enemy? ?Au contraire. ?This is an unconventional war with unconventional combatants. ?We have an enemy that is so convicted in what they believe that they are willing to blow themselves up for their cause. ?We have enemy groups that have put aside differences to unite against a common enemy, the US. ?A small group of rag tag mercanaries is taking it to the US. ?Yes, I understand all this but those in charge seem oblivious to all this as do you. ?If the US had the conviction and determination of AQ and the such the War on Poverty would have been won, Drug war=over, no homelessness, no unemployment, etc. ?Instead we have a bunch infighting in our leadership and the most divided public since the Civil Rights Era.

Who has put aside their differences to fight against the US?  All I see are Sunni's involved in the terrorism.  They're killing Shiites muslims more often than they're killing Americans.  As for them taking the fight to the US, it's not reality.  The US has lost around 1,300 soliders in combat, the rest have died as the result of non combat accidents.  The US has killed between 30,000-35,000 according to estimates.  70% of US casualties have been caused by IED's.  The terrorists have lost every enagagement with the US and in intercepted communications one terrorist leader discribed direct attacks on US forces as "suicidal".

They do not have the capacity to affect the strategic situation.  They are engaging in hit and run attacks which do not affect the capacity that the army has to conduct operations whenever and where ever they desire. 
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #945 on: September 28, 2005, 06:30:52 PM »

The Baathists and the Foreign Fighters have united under Zarqawi.  They are taking over towns and spreading like a cancer.  But hey, we've killed more of them than they have us so I guess that means we are winning?  Echoes of Vietnam, anybody?  They may not be able to give the big shots strategically but they are winning the propaganda war easily.  Plus, all of Sadams weapons are out there aren't they?  Since we couldn't find them.  Also, they may lose the engagements in our eyes but then why are they back in Tel Afar 3 times, Fallujah 2-3 times, etc?  Yeah, we are kicking their asses pretty good!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #946 on: September 28, 2005, 06:32:48 PM »

The Baathists and the Foreign Fighters have united under Zarqawi.  They are taking over towns and spreading like a cancer. 

They just took over five towns.
Kitano
« Reply #947 on: September 28, 2005, 07:22:38 PM »

The Baathists and the Foreign Fighters have united under Zarqawi.? They are taking over towns and spreading like a cancer.? But hey, we've killed more of them than they have us so I guess that means we are winning?? Echoes of Vietnam, anybody?? They may not be able to give the big shots strategically but they are winning the propaganda war easily.? Plus, all of Sadams weapons are out there aren't they?? Since we couldn't find them.? Also, they may lose the engagements in our eyes but then why are they back in Tel Afar 3 times, Fallujah 2-3 times, etc?? Yeah, we are kicking their asses pretty good!

There really is no evidence of any broad unity between the foreign fighters and the baathists.  The foreign fighters are responsible for the mass murder of civilians, the iraqi part of the insurgency is responsible for more attacks but they are usually centered around  military targets and are much less deadly. 

They really aren't spreading anywhere, they get squeezed from one place and go somewhere else.  They are targeted there and run again. 

You really need to understand, a butt kicking in a military engagement isn't a matter of perspective.  When they go against US troops the apaches are called in and then it turns into a bloodbath.

They are able to come back into towns because the US leaves because the left wingers complain about military occcupation of towns with no terrorist activity.  As the Iraqi army grows in size and ability it will be able to take over security of these towns.  Then you will see  a gradual draw down of US troop numbers.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #948 on: October 18, 2005, 10:07:22 AM »

Mon Oct 17,10:55 PM ET

NEW YORK - Eighteen antiwar grandmothers were arrested and face disorderly conduct charges after they showed up at a military recruiting center in Times Square and said they wanted to enlist, a protest group said

Police arrested the women, ranging in age from 49 to 90, after they sat down Monday in front of the recruiting station to protest the war in     Iraq, police said.

When the women, including Marie Runyon, who is 90 and blind, tried to enter the station, they found it locked, said Joan Wile, 74, director of Grandmothers against the War.

"We tried to ring the bell at the booth, but no one answered," Wile said. "I saw a head poke up from behind the counter every once in a while and then duck back down. I don't know what they were afraid of. Maybe they don't know how to deal with a bunch of grannies."

Grandmothers against the War joined the New York City Raging Grannies and the Gray Panthers to form a coalition called the Anti-War Grandmothers, which organized the protest. The group said about 100 people attended.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051018/ap_on_re_us/brf_antiwar_grandmothers;_ylt=AttqG0hTSjQrOlWXCK4MHhdG2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

I've just seen the scene on TV and it was a good laugh !  Grin

The force ... the force ...
Evolution
« Reply #949 on: October 18, 2005, 11:22:21 AM »

including Marie Runyon, who is 90 and blind, tried to enter the station, they found it locked,

"We tried to ring the bell at the booth, but no one answered," Wile said. "I saw a head poke up from behind the counter every once in a while and then duck back down. I don't know what they were afraid of. Maybe they don't know how to deal with a bunch of grannies."

hihi you can never be too careful in this age of terror
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #950 on: October 18, 2005, 11:49:51 AM »

including Marie Runyon, who is 90 and blind, tried to enter the station, they found it locked,

hihi you can never be too careful in this age of terror

Shocked so unpatriotic! Don't they understand that being an American means u blindly support ur nations various wars without question!

Sickening - the example they are setting the children!

Next they will be supporting Charles Darwin, not displaying the flag and claiming America is not better than everywhere else

It must be a sad day to be an ultra right wing liberal hating christian zealot

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #951 on: October 18, 2005, 01:32:07 PM »

Her cell mates can be the elderly people busted in the Californie Medical Marijuana centers.  George Bush doesn't care about old people!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #952 on: October 18, 2005, 01:35:53 PM »

Shocked so unpatriotic! Don't they understand that being an American means u blindly support ur nations various wars without question!

Next they will be supporting Charles Darwin, not displaying the flag and claiming America is not better than everywhere else

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #953 on: October 18, 2005, 08:35:16 PM »

Just because you support what we are doing in Iraq doesn't make you a fucking nut job.

If you don't agree with someone, villify them? That seems to be your stance. How narrow minded.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #954 on: October 18, 2005, 08:43:11 PM »

Just because you support what we are doing in Iraq doesn't make you a fucking nut job.

If you don't agree with someone, villify them? That seems to be your stance. How narrow minded.

I only vilify villains.....
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #955 on: October 19, 2005, 03:42:59 AM »

This one was a funny joke but I get this time you didn't catch it, right ?

The force ... the force ...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #956 on: October 19, 2005, 04:57:03 AM »

George Bush doesn't care about old people!

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EG713LD3JQG22JTSR3WWY3R1N
SLCPUNK
« Reply #957 on: October 19, 2005, 12:43:18 PM »

This one was a funny joke but I get this time you didn't catch it, right ?

You got it.....good enough.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #958 on: October 25, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Shortly before U.S. military deaths in     Iraq reached 2,000 on Tuesday, the chief spokesman for the American-led multinational force called on reporters covering the conflict not to look at the event as a milestone.

U.S. Army Lt. Col. Steve Boylan, director of the force's combined press center, described the number as an "artificial mark on the wall."

"I ask that when you report on the events, take a moment to think about the effects on the families and those serving in Iraq," Boylan said in an e-mail. "The 2,000 service members killed in Iraq supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom is not a milestone. It is an artificial mark on the wall set by individuals or groups with specific agendas and ulterior motives."

The U.S. military death toll reached 2,000 with the death of an Army sergeant who was wounded by a roadside bomb north of Baghdad and died in Texas last weekend. A     Pentagon announcement Tuesday said Staff Sgt. George T. Alexander Jr., 34, of Killeen, Texas, died in San Antonio, Texas. The death raised the Associated Press tally of military fatalities in the Iraq war to 2,000.

Alexander was wounded Oct. 17 in Samarra, a town 60 miles north of the Iraqi capital. He was assigned to the 1st Batallion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Benning, Ga.

"The 2,000th Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine that is killed in action is just as important as the first that died and will be just as important as the last to die in this war against terrorism and to ensure freedom for a people who have not known freedom in over two generations," Boylan wrote.

He complained that the true milestones of the war were "rarely covered or discussed," and said they included the troops who had volunteered to serve, the families of those that have been deployed for a year or more, and the Iraqis who have sought at great risk to restore normalcy to their country.

Boylan said they included Iraqis who sought to join the security forces and had became daily targets for insurgent attacks at recruiting centers, those who turned out to vote in the constitutional referendum, and those who chose to risk their lives by joining the government.

"Celebrate the daily milestones, the accomplishments they have secured and look to the future of a free and democratic Iraq and to the day that all of our troops return home to the heroes welcome they deserve," Boylan wrote.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was only a matter of time really wasn't it.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #959 on: October 25, 2005, 03:51:28 PM »

because..... 2000 is a special number ?

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: