Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192031 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #780 on: September 15, 2005, 10:56:03 PM »

It's time we get out of the way and let the kurds and the shiites beat the shit out of them.  The sunnis can either play our game or accept the alternative from the people they enslaved for 30 years.

"Do you favor running out of Iraq and betraying the iraqi people who want to live in a peacful and democratic country?" - Kitano

"We can't change the past, we're in Iraq and for the sake of the Iraqi people we need to succeed." - Kitano

"People like you who lack the moral fiber to take action to protect the innocent would probably want to US to withdraw from iraq and leave its people to these murderers.  It's fortunate for the world that the US people elected someone with a little more backbone than you.  The US army does not run from cut throats and cowards who target the innocent, they will be targeted and eliminated and the people of iraq will be given a future that they couldn't even dream of a few years ago, they will live in peace and freedom." - Kitano

"Iraq is not in a tail spin.  Life is going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces.  There is no civil war begining in spite of the best efforts of the terrorists to incite a conflict between the shiites and the sunnis. " - Kitano

"In the shiite south and the kurdish north the situation is pretty calm however the media does not report on these areas because it is overshadowed by the incidents happening around baghdad which is where the majority of the media are based. "
- Kitano

Now......

Shut the fuck up!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 01:50:08 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #781 on: September 16, 2005, 08:34:48 AM »

Spunk, you are so far gone its really not fair to argue with you.

But I cant help asking.

What, if you were in charge would you do right now as far as the Iraqi situation is concerned.

And go a step further and tell us how you would have confronted terrorism back in 9/2001.

I need to catch up , Im new here and Im sure with such a loudmouth stance on this subject you certainly must have had ideas that I missed.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #782 on: September 16, 2005, 09:02:15 AM »

What, if you were in charge would you do right now as far as the Iraqi situation is concerned.

Leave the fucking country now. It's what all the rebels are fighting for isn't it? It's a war the U.S started and only they can end it. Guess u didn't learn anything from Vietnam.  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #783 on: September 16, 2005, 09:11:33 AM »

Shades, you will be waiting for a long time to hear an actual "plan" from slc. ?You see he is your basic yellow dog liberal. ?He is very good at pointing out problems, USA bashing, and Monday morning quarterbacking, but he hasn't had an original idea that I have ever seen on this forum (again typical liberal). ?His M.O. is to just bash the conservatives (Bush in particular) in every thread. ?He was so sure that he was in the majority back during the election and then had to eat crow when Bush won by the largest margin since Reagan beat Mondale. ?He trolls the liberal rag websites (i.e. NY Times) and as soon as he sees any anti-USA or anti-Bush article he posts it. ?He has never never ever posts a pro-USA article on this forum. ?He spends 18 hours a day online and has the time to waste finding people's old posts and throwning things back in people's faces (see his last post in this thread) which of course is a typical liberal thing to do. ?Then when someone legitimately questions him on something that he has no answer for he starts the name calling (I'm sure you will see it in his next post in this thread toward me).

Typical liberal weanie, the kind that actual gives the word 'liberal' the kind of bad conotation is has. ?Don't bother getting too upset by him, just be very very very thankful that you are not that type of person and that you don't socialize with that type of crowd.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #784 on: September 16, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »

Leave the fucking country now. It's what all the rebels are fighting for isn't it? It's a war the U.S started and only they can end it. Guess u didn't learn anything from Vietnam.? Tongue

You can't possibly think that leaving Iraq now would be a good idea?  Tell me that isn't what you would do.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #785 on: September 16, 2005, 09:32:01 AM »

Leave the fucking country now. It's what all the rebels are fighting for isn't it? It's a war the U.S started and only they can end it. Guess u didn't learn anything from Vietnam.  Tongue

You can't possibly think that leaving Iraq now would be a good idea?  Tell me that isn't what you would do.

Please enlighten us with ur brilliant solution.

Fuck 'Em All.
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #786 on: September 16, 2005, 10:45:32 AM »

We are smart enough to realize that we dont have the means at our disposal to offer a solution.
But we are thankful that we have president with some balls that did.

Trying to establish a stabalized government in that region of the world,
a government with an open dialect willing to share intelligence with us as needed to monitor the region of terrorist activity. A government that gives the people a say in their day to day lives. and maybe set an example of how freedom rings peace to the citizens of other rogue nations in the region. A beacon of hope so that we dont have to look over our shoulders like we did in the months following 9/11 ever again.

You want to call that conservative thinking, you want to call it republican thinking, you call it anything you want.
at least its "AN' idea.
And Im all ears still waiting for your sides.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #787 on: September 16, 2005, 11:01:26 AM »

Leave the fucking country now. It's what all the rebels are fighting for isn't it? It's a war the U.S started and only they can end it. Guess u didn't learn anything from Vietnam.? Tongue

You can't possibly think that leaving Iraq now would be a good idea?? Tell me that isn't what you would do.

I don't have a solution to offer whereas I am not complaining about the current course.  I think as Shades has pointed the the current course is the best approach at this time.  There may be other approaches that can work, but leaving Iraq at this moment in time is certainly not one of them.   

We need to have some nuts, stay the course, and think big picture...not get upset at every insurgent attack.  Remember, Germany was a mess after WWII during the rebuilding process....there just wasn't as much media (or liberal media for that matter) covering the cleanup.  I think moving out of Iraq would make us look very very weak.  I like the fact that the current adminstration's resolve strengthens with these attacks and does not wither (like so many of these liberals would do).
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #788 on: September 16, 2005, 12:21:30 PM »

the terrorists are pouring in from all over the region because they are making a last stand.
If democracy takes hold in Iraq, and I think it will, their done, and they know it.
They can continue making car bombs until the end of time, that will never end, nor would a wise man say we could 'ever' stop a moron bent on hate at killing innocent people going about their daily lives.

BUT
what we can stop is 'state' sponsored terrorism that could bankroll the type of operation necessary to carry out an event that would alter an entire region if not the world.

And THEY know it. Let them keep showing themselves, we will pick them off one by one if necessary until we help stabolize Iraq and establish a government that we are able to communicate with openly on an ongoing basis to help weed any threat of a major operation at its core.

If you cant understand that thats whats going on....Im sorry...
 its not a liberation, its not a humanitarian mission, its not a search for WMD... its the war on terrorism the only way he knows how to fight it. 

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #789 on: September 16, 2005, 12:22:45 PM »

But we are thankful that we have president with some balls that did.

rofl Bush with testicles.  rofl Stop lying!

Trying to establish a stabalized government in that region of the world,
a government with an open dialect willing to share intelligence with us as needed to monitor the region of terrorist activity. A government that gives the people a say in their day to day lives.

You mean a puppet government that'll do ur bidding and not what the Iraqi people want. Sure.
You bums are so full of it, u don't even know what ur talking about. You can't just go to any country, accuse it of having weapons, kill civilians, destroy it's infrastructure and when problems come, say "We are smart enough to realize that we dont have the means at our disposal to offer a solution", so please fuck off. It was the same thing in nam. Go to some country uninvited playing saviour, fuck it up and then twiddle your thumbs when things don't go ur way.

Fuck 'Em All.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #790 on: September 16, 2005, 01:38:21 PM »

Shades, so you admit that you do not have the brains to come up with a solution and then you say we have a president that did have a plan.  The latter staement totally reinforces the first by saying Bush had a plan shows you have no brain.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2005, 01:39:53 PM »

I need to catch up , Im new here and Im sure with such a loudmouth stance on this subject you certainly must have had ideas that I missed.

I have made my point with Iraq several times. Charity Case is a sociopath and liar and will repeat his lies over and over again because he has no argument. It is easier for him to ignore the truth at hand, and rather call names.

Why am I so gone? You are serious? Because I expose you guys as a bunch of hypocrites? Liars? Double-talk, fox-speaking buffoons?

I'd be quite certain that the only support you have here is from the maybe 6 of you guys who still support this. And of those 6 how many are the same guy with a different user name? On the contrary, I think most people here find you guys pretty far "gone".

Do a search, Mr. Strawman.

I've got over 3k in posts, I'm sure you can get some sort of idea of how I feel.

Kitano loves doublespeak, while you are a resident of the 51st state, i.e. Denial.

You avoid the point(s) and attack the messenger. Don't like what I say ? Too, bad. Your buddy Charity Case was for the war, then against the war, then ran away and changed his user ID, so I could not use his posts (like I did with Kitano) and now is back pro-war again. You guys are hypocrites, liars, double talkers and have nothing left.

You may wanna think about changing your ID soon too, because I love letting you guys eat your own words.....everybody can see who you really are then.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 01:48:31 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2005, 01:43:40 PM »

Sure, we win in Iraq and all terrorism will disappear from the region.  Iran and Syria will join hands with Israel and the US and sing campfire songs.  You're full of shit.  The terrorists were not in Iraq until after we were.  We drew them there not Sadam.  You list all the stuff that this war is not even though King George has given all those excuses before and he continues to look for a reason.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #793 on: September 16, 2005, 01:48:36 PM »

Kurt Vonegot was on the Daily Show the other night and he said the following:  The US is not the country that should be teaching democracy to others because as we have shown first you need a war to get the ball rolling (Revolutionary), then throw some genocide on, then enslave an entire race of people for 400 years, have a Civil War, and don't give women rights until you have to.  Looks like Iraq is way ahead of our pace for all this.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2005, 01:50:33 PM »

Surprising...name calling from slcpunk.?

Let me clarify my position so you don't have to keep accusing people of double speak or calling people names.

I was totally for the war when I thought it was for removing wmds and when it appeared that Iraq was a threat to the US.? Keep in mind that this was the consensus of most of the worlds' intelligence agencies not just my opinion.?

Then there turned out to be no wmds to speak of and I stated in hindsight (something you are an expert at slc) that I would not have gone into Iraq if the objective was to remove Saddam or to save the Iraqi people alone.? But now that we are there, and this situation exists, I am against stopping, leaving and giving up the building of the country.

Again you resort to name calling.? Why not answer shades and let us know your grand plan for fixing the mess in Iraq?? I have asked you to reveal your plan and I have asked you to show me one pro-USA post that you have made on this forum.? You could do neither.

btw, I didn't change my name.  I was banned form posting by jarmo and had to get a new name.  I would never have chnage it if it hadn't been for jarmo not caring for my use of the term "towelhead".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 01:53:07 PM by Charity Case » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #795 on: September 16, 2005, 01:51:47 PM »

It's time we get out of the way....................
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #796 on: September 16, 2005, 01:54:02 PM »

You can't possibly think that leaving Iraq now would be a good idea?? Tell me that isn't what you would do.

My question was pointed to Genesis...not Kitano.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2005, 01:54:30 PM »

Then there turned out to be no wmds to speak of and I stated in hindsight (something you are an expert at slc)

Unlike you, Mr Flip Flop, I have NEVER ONCE changed my view on this war. From the begining until now my view point has been the same. And just about everything I said would happen did happen.

Proving once again...you are not honest.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #798 on: September 16, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »

My question was pointed to Genesis...not Kitano.

And?

You call liberals weenies for wanting to pull out, yet your right wing comrade says it's time to pull out.

Ready to change your user ID again?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »

Kurt Vonegot was on the Daily Show the other night and he said the following:  The US is not the country that should be teaching democracy to others because as we have shown first you need a war to get the ball rolling (Revolutionary), then throw some genocide on, then enslave an entire race of people for 400 years, have a Civil War, and don't give women rights until you have to.  Looks like Iraq is way ahead of our pace for all this.

That man is brilliant, and was on that show too.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: