Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192033 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #760 on: September 14, 2005, 07:26:08 PM »

Clinton had 2 chances to get Bin Laden and he decided not to due to the sensitivity of taking him out and being too busy covering up the affair with the fat chick in the white house.

As did BOTH the Bush Presidents.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #761 on: September 14, 2005, 07:50:35 PM »

I find this pretty interesting !

Powell regrets UN speech on Iraq WMDs

Well I'm sure there will be another card up W's sleeve after this....

SLCPUNK
« Reply #762 on: September 14, 2005, 07:56:15 PM »

And thats the guy I want in charge of my safety.

This guy:

hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #763 on: September 14, 2005, 08:11:05 PM »

2. Thousands died in 'the war on terror'.
Stableizing the region is the single most important step in intelligently eradicating the environment that hate and terror fester in.

True, and they were not in Iraq.

Oh, so terror and hate wasn't in Iraq?  Okay, so what your saying is that the government supported it's citizens and Saddam isn't evil? Now with your point of view SLCPUNK, would you support Saddam being reinstated in power and we leave Iraq? 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #764 on: September 14, 2005, 08:31:54 PM »

2. Thousands died in 'the war on terror'.
Stableizing the region is the single most important step in intelligently eradicating the environment that hate and terror fester in.

True, and they were not in Iraq.
  Okay, so what your saying is that the government supported it's citizens and Saddam isn't evil? Now with your point of view SLCPUNK, would you support Saddam being reinstated in power and we leave Iraq? 

No I am not, nor have I ever said that.

I said that Saddam was not a terrorist, nor was he in cahoots with anybody who attacked us on 9-11. This is a well known fact by now.

Go look around in your house real quick and tell me how many things say "made in China". (I'd guess about half, and that is what you can see.) These were all built in a country known for it's human rights violations, was it not?

Now tell me, with the WMD failure behind us now, why Saddam is more important to take out then the Chinese dictatorship, Saudi Arabia, or the Sudanese?

You are switching from one foot to the next when the WMD agenda falls flat on it's face. Hence you asking me if Saddam should be in power....
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #765 on: September 15, 2005, 09:52:03 AM »

I said that Saddam was not a terrorist, 

Do you even think before you open that piehole?
Or is it just on automatic anti american mode?
that has to be the stupidist quote Ive ever read.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #766 on: September 15, 2005, 10:00:48 AM »

I said that Saddam was not a terrorist,?

Do you even think before you open that piehole?
Or is it just on automatic anti american mode?

Eh hem...

By the strictest definition of the term...he wasn't.

A despot? Yes.? A deranged dictator? Yes.? A blot on humanity? Absolutely.?

But he never actively participated in a terrorist act.? If you have proof, otherwise, go ahead and provide it.? I think you'll find, though....you're not going to find any evidence.

You may find tenuous claims he was "connected" to terrorist groups, but you will never find any proof that Saddam was DIRECTLY INVOLVED in a terrorist act..which means, technically, he's not a terrorist.

A bad, bad man, to be sure, though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 10:08:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #767 on: September 15, 2005, 11:32:26 AM »

He was a dictator.

Not a terrorist.

Take the cotton out of your ears, and put it in your mouth boy............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #768 on: September 15, 2005, 11:34:34 AM »

SLCPUNK
« Reply #769 on: September 15, 2005, 05:54:09 PM »

Well...it's on now..... Sad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4244068.stm

(Clip)

More than 150 people have been killed and hundreds injured in a series of bomb attacks and shootings across Iraq.

In the worst incident, at least 112 people were killed and some 160 injured when a car bomb exploded in Baghdad's mainly Shia district of Kadhimiya.

During the night, gunmen killed 17 men in the nearby town of Taji after dragging them from their homes.

Al-Qaeda in Iraq claimed it had begun a nationwide bombing campaign to avenge a recent major offensive on rebels.

In a statement on a website, the group said it acted after US and Iraqi forces attacked insurgents in the northern town of Talafar.

In a separate development the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, purportedly declared "war against Shias in all of Iraq" in an audio tape released on the internet.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 05:55:44 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #770 on: September 15, 2005, 06:27:07 PM »

Excuse me, but you never answed the question
Okay, so what your saying is that the government supported it's citizens and Saddam isn't evil? Now with your point of view SLCPUNK, would you support Saddam being reinstated in power and we leave Iraq? 

Oh and...
You are switching from one foot to the next when the WMD agenda falls flat on it's face. Hence you asking me if Saddam should be in power....
I never mentioned WMD, I just asked you if you supported his reinstation (haha) into "office". 

By the strictest definition of the term...he wasn't.A despot? Yes.  A deranged dictator? Yes.  A blot on humanity? Absolutely.  But he never actively participated in a terrorist act.  If you have proof, otherwise, go ahead and provide it.  I think you'll find, though....you're not going to find any evidence.You may find tenuous claims he was "connected" to terrorist groups, but you will never find any proof that Saddam was DIRECTLY INVOLVED in a terrorist act..which means, technically, he's not a terrorist.
A bad, bad man, to be sure, though.

Totally agree with you dude.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #771 on: September 15, 2005, 06:34:15 PM »

Stupid question. And I answered it already.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #772 on: September 15, 2005, 06:36:13 PM »

Terrorists unite to plot Iraqi civil war

From Anthony Loyd in Baghdad
A TERRORIST mastermind has united insurgent groups in Baghdad to target the Iraqi Shia Muslim community with the aim of bringing civil war to Iraq, The Times has learnt.

According to US military intelligence sources, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the man responsible for the bloodiest acts of terror in Iraq over the past two years, now commands thousands of fighters from various rival groups and is set to order further waves of bombings.

Yesterday the self-styled ?emir? of Iraq was blamed for a dozen co-ordinated bombings in Baghdad that killed 152 people, the single worst death toll in the city since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein. Most of the dead were poor Shia labourers killed by a huge car bomb in a busy square.

?The al-Qaeda organisation in Mesopotamia is declaring all-out war on the Rafidha [a pejorative term for Shias], wherever they are in Iraq,? said the 38-year-old in an audio message released on an Islamic website. He urged Sunni Muslims to ?wake up from your slumber? and joint the fight.

Last night the threat was being taken seriously by US and Iraqi officials, who have offered a $25 million reward for his capture. ?We have got reason to believe that al-Zarqawi has now been given tactical command in the city over groups that have had to merge under him for the sake of survival,? an American intelligence officer in Baghdad told The Times yesterday.

An intelligence summary, citing the conglomeration of insurgent groups under the al-Qaeda banner to be the result of rebel turf wars, money, weaponry and fear, concluded that of the estimated 16,000 Sunni Muslim insurgents, 6,700 were hardcore Islamic fundamentalists who were now supplemented by a possible further 4,000 members after an amalgamation with Jaysh Muhammad, previously an insurgent group loyal to the former Baathist regime.

Al-Zarqawi?s rise to supremacy will cast a long shadow in the run up to the October 15 referendum on Iraq?s new constitution and general elections due in December.

His organisation is believed already to have gained domination of smaller resistance groups in Ramadi, the capital of Anbar province in western Iraq and a centre of gravity for the Sunni insurgency. An Iraqi resistance insider there last week told The Times that al-Zarqawi?s men had already caused thousands of Shia to flee the city over the past six weeks.

?His men announced through leaflets that all Shia should leave Ramadi or face ?the iron fist?,? the Ramadi resident said. ?At first local Sunnis didn?t want anything to do with it. But they know how powerful Zarqawi?s group is, that it doesn?t hesitate to kill and is not afraid to die.?

?They control Ramadi now. They have the best weapons and the most money, and more and more men. They walk openly on the streets when the Americans aren?t around. So the Shias left, by their thousands.?

The man, himself a supporter of the insurgency, claimed that public executions of coalition informers were a regular occurrence, and happened during daylight in the street. Such is the breakdown of any official authority in Ramadi that it was impossible to stop.

Coalition intelligence sources said that a culmination of signal, image and human intelligence had alerted the coalition to a huge al-Qaeda attack planned for Baghdad in August, which had been aborted at the last minute.

They said the yesterday?s attack was likely a rescheduling of the original operation, and broadcast for propaganda purposes as retaliation for recent government successes in Tal Afar, northern Iraq.

In Tal Afar itself yesterday, where some 10,000 US and Iraqi troops have been engaged in a massive offensive to recapture the ethnically divided town from Sunni insurgents, commanders spoke of the ?horrible? abuses they had uncovered. The details were prophetic reminder of what al-Qaeda?s supremacy may bode.

?The enemy here did just the most horrible things you can imagine, in one case murdering a child, placing a booby trap within the child?s body and waiting for the parent to come recover the body of their child and exploding it to kill the parents,? said Colonel H R McMaster, a senior American commander in the town.

Yesterday commanders said they were in full control of the town after the insurgents melted away, but their victory appears quickly overshadowed by al-Zarqawi?s subsequent gore-splattered stamp acoss the very centre of Baghdad.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #773 on: September 15, 2005, 06:50:35 PM »

No I am not, nor have I ever said that.

I said that Saddam was not a terrorist, nor was he in cahoots with anybody who attacked us on 9-11. This is a well known fact by now.

Go look around in your house real quick and tell me how many things say "made in China". (I'd guess about half, and that is what you can see.) These were all built in a country known for it's human rights violations, was it not?

Now tell me, with the WMD failure behind us now, why Saddam is more important to take out then the Chinese dictatorship, Saudi Arabia, or the Sudanese?

Sorry about that. Now I have a question. Has the Sudanese,Chineese, or Saudi Arabians ever threatened our president's father......?  hihi (Just fucking around)

I think those countries you listed all have problems, but I believe that Iraq was the country that needed controlled when we started our invasion.  At least the Chineese talk and negotiate with our country when we have problems.  We "believed" he had WMD and was a threat to the stability of the world.  You want to talk about another country that is giving us problems and won't negotiate (well up till now).  Take a look at Iran.  If you read the paper, you will find they will NOT negotiate about their nuclear reactors and actually threated anyone reporting them to the U.N.  because of it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #774 on: September 15, 2005, 07:00:09 PM »

I think we can all see now what a mistake it was to try and control Iraq.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #775 on: September 15, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

.....but Dick said the insurgents were in their last throes
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #776 on: September 15, 2005, 07:29:28 PM »

no time for gloating or i told you so's. this is a big shit sandwhich and its time for people that created this situation to take a big bite.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #777 on: September 15, 2005, 09:32:49 PM »

In no way is this a defense of Sadam but I think we are finding out that Sadam had to rule Iraq with an iron fist or you would have the chaos we currently have.  They are not scared of the US Troops but Sadam sure scared them strait.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #778 on: September 15, 2005, 10:01:06 PM »

This could get uglier if Iran were to aid the Shiites. 

My big question is this Zarqawi just a figure head for this united front?  Because I doubt that some of these hardcore Sadam boys are going to give up power to a Jordanian.  Much like Osama being reduced to just a symbol now, is this (Zarqawi) the face that the US needs to sybolize this battle?

Some list the insurgent numbers as high as 200,000+.  Which is possible considering we fired the entire military.
Kitano
« Reply #779 on: September 15, 2005, 10:18:24 PM »

It's time we get out of the way and let the kurds and the shiites beat the shit out of them.  The sunnis can either play our game or accept the alternative from the people they enslaved for 30 years.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: