Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192352 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #620 on: August 12, 2005, 08:39:05 PM »

I would always say that if you dropped somebody in the middle of NY city, you'd think we were a bunch of jerks too!!!

I'll leave your insults alone and not respond to your rhetoric at this point. 

The point, since you are too dim to understand, is that NY is a tough, fast paced city where people are in a hurry and kindness isn't something you see too often.

Paris also, is face paced, electric city. Americans have come back from Paris only to comment on how rude the French are, which is not an accurate statement of French people. But I can understand how they might get that impression.

The analogy (which you are not smart enough to understand) is that if you drop a European off in NY city, they may come back saying the same thing about Americans.

Man...you sure are a miserable jerk.

PS:I'm a proud American BTW, I have my flag in front of my home, everyday...thanks.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #621 on: August 12, 2005, 09:05:21 PM »

The point, since you are too dim to understand

The analogy (which you are not smart enough to understand)

Man...you sure are a miserable jerk.

Man you are good at the insults.? I wonder if anyone will attack you for insulting someone again on this board.? I know if I had posted that I'd be called to the mat for it.? Its that liberal double standard thing I guess.

But you still haven't shown me one damn post of yours where you said anything positive about the US.? Instead, and because you can't find a post where you were positive, you throw insults.? Worse yet, you insult my intelligence and I'd bet dollar to donuts that I'm a hell of a lot brighter than you and more educated and in a better job.? But this is not a dick measuring contest so I digress.? If you are, by some miracle, more intelligent than me on some incomprehendsible level it is wasted on a guy like you anyway....so who gives a fuck.? Remember there is no accounting for poor taste or bad opinion. peace

There is no convincing you with logic or fact.? You are a michael moore type that enjoys the freedoms provided you by this country only to use that freedom to bash it at every turn.? Really the worst type of person imaginable.? You are aligned with the same type of people who spit on our soldiers coming back from vietnam and dimwits who burn the flag.? ?You must be fun as hell at a party (or a flag burning event).?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 09:09:16 PM by Charity Case » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #622 on: August 12, 2005, 09:35:27 PM »

Worse yet, you insult my intelligence and I'd bet dollar to donuts that I'm a hell of a lot brighter than you and more educated and in a better job.

LOL, "insult your intelligence" is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

I call you on your "intelligence" (ie, you not understanding my analogy) and then you turn it personal and try to take a dig at me, with what? Financial statement comparison? haha, too funny dude........in fact that made my night, thanks.

Judging from your post(s), I'd be pretty sure that you do have a....

Better job....

Better education...

Better life....

Married to Morgan Fairchild too?

Yea....that's the ticket!!!

But also a member of Liar's anonymous...... hihi
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 09:38:19 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #623 on: August 13, 2005, 06:16:36 AM »

I understood your analogy perfectly fine...it wasn't that difficult to decypher.  However, I wasn't referring to your analogy when I asked if you had ever said anything positive about the US.  My mistake was quoting your analogy when I asked my question.That obviously confused you or at least gave you something to respond to except my question.  And again in your last post you throw insult after insult.

Can you answer my question or are you going to dodge it and continue with the insults?  I mean you respond sentence by sentence to everyone's posts, why not answer my question?  Again, the question is:

Can you post a link to a post of yours that shows you saying anying positive about the US in any way?

If not, then all of your comments go out the window in the same way the michael moores documentary became biased fluffy garbage at election time.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #624 on: August 13, 2005, 08:27:32 AM »

Enough with the stupid insults.

It's fucking pointless.

Regarding finding SLCPunk's post where he says something nice about the USA, I'm not gonna look for it. But the fact that he lives there probably means there's something about the country that he likes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RichardNixon
« Reply #625 on: September 08, 2005, 12:55:01 AM »

Anyone? And if you do, why not pick up a gun and blow-up people and get shot at to spread democracy in the Middle East? hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #626 on: September 08, 2005, 12:57:27 AM »

The armchair admirals only like war when they are safe at home behind a computer....

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #627 on: September 08, 2005, 06:48:51 AM »

it was a bad idea in da 1st place. George W Bush being in Congress was a major fuk up

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #628 on: September 08, 2005, 07:49:16 AM »

Very very bad idea   Tongue

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #629 on: September 08, 2005, 08:03:07 AM »

Christ my connection dies for a few days.... and more BS threads start up...... there are what 20 threads on iraq and ifit was a good or bad idea......this thread can go only one way and that is the same as with all others...... this should be merged with one of the existing threads.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
sandman
Legend

« Reply #630 on: September 08, 2005, 10:28:10 AM »

i do. i thought we needed to invade iraq in 1998 when clinton bombed them. and i really wanted to go after saddam in 2002 when all the liberals were saying he had tons of illegal weapons. i think bush waited too long to invade. should have done it about 9-12 months earlier.

but unfortunately, mistakes were made by U.S. leaders at many levels while fighting the war.

the success or failure of the war will not be totally clear for several years.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Surfrider
« Reply #631 on: September 08, 2005, 12:30:12 PM »

i do. i thought we needed to invade iraq in 1998 when clinton bombed them. and i really wanted to go after saddam in 2002 when all the liberals were saying he had tons of illegal weapons. i think bush waited too long to invade. should have done it about 9-12 months earlier.

but unfortunately, mistakes were made by U.S. leaders at many levels while fighting the war.

While I agree that there were legitimate reasons to take Suddam out, I think you are fooling yourself if you still think it was a good idea.  Iraq is nothing but a mess.  No WMDs were found, which shows that Suddam wasn't the threat that your intelligence, of course along with other country's intelligence, thought he was.  The country is full of unrest, and is being taken over by the Shiites, disrupting the Sunni counterbalance to Iran that was present in the region prior to the war.  Finally, of course, we have the billions upon billions of dollars that have been spent on this war, and the wear and tear that it has had on extending our military.  I believe that Bush and the administration had the best intentions of the country in mind when they decided to go to war, I am not one of those that think they went for some alterior motive.  However, I think you have to be blind to think in hindsight that it was a good idea.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #632 on: September 08, 2005, 01:20:08 PM »

ok, i guess i'm blind.  Roll Eyes
(people love to take cheap shots at others who have different opinions.)

invading was a good idea. the plan used for managing the war was not good. things should have been handled more efficiently.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #633 on: September 08, 2005, 01:26:33 PM »

Nobody.  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #634 on: September 08, 2005, 01:44:01 PM »

What was Sadam doing that was so bad?  Killing his own people, lots of other countries do that.  Weapons?  The only reason he had them at one time was because the US gave them to him.  He was a second rate dictator that bullied his neighbors, no more no less.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #635 on: September 08, 2005, 01:48:19 PM »

The Iraqi people didn't sign a mile long petition asking the U.S to save them, did they?

Fuck 'Em All.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #636 on: September 08, 2005, 02:08:09 PM »

The Iraqi people didn't sign a mile long petition asking the U.S to save them, did they?

NOPE.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #637 on: September 08, 2005, 02:19:37 PM »

Tell that to the 10's maybe 100's of thousands of Iraqi civilians dead as a result of the war. If the whole country doesn't slip into civil war then thats almost enough to convince me there is a god

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #638 on: September 08, 2005, 02:22:31 PM »

Tell that to the 10's maybe 100's of thousands of Iraqi civilians dead as a result of the war. If the whole country doesn't slip into civil war then thats almost enough to convince me there is a god

God would have stepped in by now I'm afraid.

Maybe he's at the ranch with W on vacation......
Kitano
« Reply #639 on: September 08, 2005, 02:41:01 PM »

It really isn't relevant at this point but I think that the world is better off without Saddam being in power.  We are now totally sure that he can no longer build WMD's and fianance terrorism.

Progress is being made in Iraq.  The remaining trouble spots are serious but they are confined to certain areas of the country.  In najaf the US army has handed control over to the Iraqi army.  The US base in najaf was hit by over 1,000 mortar strikes in 2004, in 2005 there hasn't been one attack.  In sadr city in 2004 there were over 100 car bombs directed at coalition troops, so far this year there has one.  Reconstruction efforts aren't being hampered by terrorist violence and the people are begining to see an improvement in their living conditions.

Slowly the Sunni politicans are begining to engage in the political process and they are encoraging their people to vote in the upcoming elections.  The Sunni part of the insurgency will probably end as their people become more confident in the democratic process leaving only the foreign terrorists whose sole aim seems to be killing as many Iraqi civilians as possible which is leading to a rise in information being passed onto coalition troops by Iraqis who have grown tired of seeing their family and friends cut down in the streets.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: