Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:26:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192357 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2005, 08:32:42 AM »

LOL, just realized where you are from. rofl There is no way that someone from France of all places could possibly understand patriotism. What the hell would you have in your history to be patriotic about anyway. See, its about perspective. You come from a pathetic joke of a country that is only soverign because of the consideration of other stronger countries. Your country was involved with Saddam up to your eyeballs in the oil for food scam. Your leaders were upset about the prospect of losing their cash cow. Your leaders make our leaders look like saints. It is almost impossible for me to put any real stock in anything the french say, especially on the topic of patriotism.

That post was lame, racist and pathetic. I dont understand why your ass has not been banned yet. Oh wait, you were banned but you came back? Thats right.

How can you patronize someone over what he's saying when you're saying the same kind of stupidity? Give me a fuckin break. Why do you guys have to take cheap shots to each other's country every fuckin time? Do you take pleasure from it? Then you're lamer than I thought. Criticizing/ judging people because of the country they're from, or just criticizing countries as a whole is senseless. But what should I expect from someone who calls middleasterners "towelheads", right?

Stop taking cheap shots at foreign cultures you guys, that's not how the world will move forward. We have to stick together, for fuck's sake.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:35:03 AM by Will » Logged

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #601 on: August 12, 2005, 10:54:10 AM »

Those pictures are useless slcpunk.? There is no context to them.? They could easily be pictures of crimes committed against the Iraqis by Saddam or by terrorist or other insurgents.? And we are not targeting these people in case you didn't know.? And if they are pictures of thing we directly caused (i.e. collateral damage), well then you could post pictures of free people going to school, electing officials, having the fear of saddam's band of tyrants raping their women to show the good that is coming out of this.? But, you choose to show how bad the US is all the time....you choose to be as anti-american as the french, why is that?? Why do you constantly paint your own country in the worst light possible?? Why do you not stop to look at once ounce of good?? Is your hatred for Bush so great that you can't see any good being done at all?? Have you not heard soldiers who are back from Iraq go on the TV or the radio talking about the huge difference we are making?? Or are you blocking that out and pointing to pictures with no context.? ?Chances are those people in those pictures are in that condition because of insurgent attacks.? Where si your outrage for people who would do such a thing?? Why are you not outraged by these type of people?? Hell, its like you sympathize with them.? ?Seriously sick.

same thing, why do you defend your country so much ? and so blindy ?
why aren't we taking the good examples ? exactly , why would we?
200 good? things shouldnt make people forget about the bad thing.

oh yeah, he donated millions to charity, and he helped that lady cross the road, and that and taht ....so let's forget that he killed a person.... nonsense.

and also, please, STOP standing for your country like you ARE country, or if your country IS you. there is no such thing. live. by yourself.
you were just born in the USA, that's it. nothing else.

and don't think that you're a big important part of what the us are. that you represents the force and power of the us.
you are just a consumer. the fact that you buy stuff everyday, that you own 6 tv sets, and that you take you car to do 3 miles ... that's how you help your country.
there is no patriotism involved. this is not at a "moral, and sentimental" level ...
you just buy stuff. and that's why the usa are still powerful.

but in the end, dont think we hate you, or anything. there is a difference between what you do (and even more, what your giovernment does) and what you are.
you are just being used.
g w bush dont care about you.

LOL, just realized where you are from.? ?rofl? There is no way that someone from France of all places could possibly understand patriotism.? What the hell would you have in your history to be patriotic about anyway.? See, its about perspective.? You come from a pathetic joke of a country that is only soverign because of the consideration of other stronger countries.? Your country was involved with Saddam up to your eyeballs in the oil for food scam.? Your leaders were upset about the prospect of losing their cash cow.? Your leaders make our leaders look like saints.? It is almost impossible for me to put any real stock in anything the french say, especially on the topic of patriotism.

ahahahahah, thank you mister 400 years of history country Wink

but you're dead right on the patriotic issue. you are patricotic, i am not.
but hey, if being proud about what succesful and pwerful americans might do, and that makes your day, that's fine with me.
now stand up and? " do somethin'? " - as britney would say - cause you're proud and patriotic where you havent done anyhthing.
you're proud bill gates rich
you're proud the us army is strong and have great futuristic weapons
you're proud americans university are good and a lot of great engineers comes from there

well guess what ? you're nothing. so stop being proud of what other people do. that's patritotism you're proud to represent a country when you havent done anything but eating burgers and buying stuff at wall mart .... but i guess that's how it works.

Wink

that's what i hate about pride and "loving your country" - it's same in france, people proud that the french team once won the world cup, when they don't even know how yo shoot -
and americans proud of their country's power where they are lameass homefuck who sits in front of the tv and go to wall mart every day.
that's sick.
be proud of somethin YOU do please.

++ : you are like the cheerleaders on the side of a football field, whogiggles and screams when the player makes (?) a touchdown.
that's what patriotic people are: cheerleaders? Grin

I take great pride in many of the things I have acoomplished on my own.  I am proud of the family I come from.  I am proud of the two engineering degrees I have obtained.  I am proud of my MBA degree.  I am proud of my wife and most especially proud of my two beautiful kids.  I am proud that I am a scratch golfer and I am proud of my accomplishments as a swimmer in my college days.  I am proud of my job and level of employment I have at my young age.  I am proud of being able to speak my mind and avoid political correctness and still be able to be successful in this world.  However, I am also quite proud of things that I have little control over.  I am proud of my Red Sox for winning the world series.  I am proud of my New england Patriots for winning 3 of 4 super bowls.  I am proud to be American born and raised.  I am proud of my countries past (for the most part) and I am proud of my countries gutsy decisions to do the right thing even in the face of opposition from places like France.  See, pride can be applied more universally than to just things involving one's self.

As for Will's comments, come on man.  There was nothing Racists about an American being upset at France.  First of all, the French are not a race.  Second of all, American's dislike for the French at the moment in not limited to me or even to conservative groups.  Are all Americans who are upset with the way the french conduct themselves racists?  I don't consider this guy a racist because he doesn't agree with the way the US conducts itself.  Yet you attack me for my comments and not him for his.  And to get one think straight.  I used the term "towleheads" in the heat of the moment to describe the people, in general, that attacked us in 9/11.  So what?  Are you so politically correct that you have never used the english language to make a emphatic point?  Please.  Get off you high and mightly horse and join us in reality. 
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #602 on: August 12, 2005, 11:07:52 AM »

well i'm glad you did stuff in your life. and you should be proud of it if you want. even if you don't need to.

i'm telling, patriotism has no sense anymore. you country's power is built on so many different people, and is linked to so many parameters. the "american" factor is useless now.

everything's global. economy. politics. everything.

you're talking like some kind of knight on the 13th century (in europe) trying to defend his land or people. it's over. wake up. we're all chinese, japanese, africans.

and  you don't have to make up your mind so it fits what you government does. you're not in china. you have the right to disagree.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #603 on: August 12, 2005, 12:20:56 PM »

As for Will's comments, come on man. There was nothing Racists about an American being upset at France. First of all, the French are not a race. Second of all, American's dislike for the French at the moment in not limited to me or even to conservative groups. Are all Americans who are upset with the way the french conduct themselves racists?

No, they're not all racist. Your post was, though. "You come from a pathetic joke of a country that is only soverign because of the consideration of other stronger countries." How's that not racist in regards to the french people? Racist is not only for color, it's also for origins or hatred towards some countries. I came across some US people who disliked the french or some other country but they never used the terms you used, who make you sound like a narrow minded prick (I know you think the same of me, that's only fair).

I don't consider this guy a racist because he doesn't agree with the way the US conducts itself. Yet you attack me for my comments and not him for his.

Please re-read my latest posts, I criticized Bessam more than once for his comments against the US (I think even in this very same thread, the page before or something). I always criticize those comments (coming from him, you or whoever) because they're so useless and stupid. I hate anti-french/ us/ asian/ whatever comments, because it doesn't bring anything to the discussion. If you don't believe I never make such comments, more power to you.

Get off you high and mightly horse and join us in reality.

Sorry if I sound out of reality or on a "high and mighty horse" because I criticize such comments, but I won't change my mind. Your comments about France were stupid and full of prejudice. So are many comments about the US on this board. If you knew me just a little more, you'd know where I'm coming from, just read the title under my nick. I feel I'm from both countries, that's why I hate this kind of discussions (at least the prejudiced comments within).

Peace out guys.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 12:23:32 PM by Will » Logged

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #604 on: August 12, 2005, 01:13:28 PM »

You have every right to hate this type of discussion or to hate bad mouthing of countries, however, these feelings do exist and stating how you disagree with them every time they come up is as useless as the original comments (which I agree serve no purpose beyond venting).  Life is full of stuff we all hate or dislike.  I have a strong negative feeling toward France because of the way they go about their business.  I see them as weak.  Many people here feel the same way about the US (and they state it over and over again with very little bashing from people like you).  Sometimes these discussion get out of hand and turn from discussion to bashing.  I understand that you don't like that, but the reality of the situation is that the feelings on both sides of this are obviously strong.  I won't back off my feelings because they might upset you (or anyone else for that matter).  Point is, this guy was criticizing (and still is) my feelings of patriotism.  Fact is, as an American there are a number of things that I am proud of and that make me feel proud to be from this country. Ffact is, I can see why someone from France wouldn't have a clue as to that felling or the concept of patriotism.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #605 on: August 12, 2005, 03:15:14 PM »

You have every right to hate this type of discussion or to hate bad mouthing of countries, however, these feelings do exist and stating how you disagree with them every time they come up is as useless as the original comments (which I agree serve no purpose beyond venting).  Life is full of stuff we all hate or dislike.  I have a strong negative feeling toward France because of the way they go about their business.  I see them as weak.  Many people here feel the same way about the US (and they state it over and over again with very little bashing from people like you).  Sometimes these discussion get out of hand and turn from discussion to bashing.  I understand that you don't like that, but the reality of the situation is that the feelings on both sides of this are obviously strong.  I won't back off my feelings because they might upset you (or anyone else for that matter).  Point is, this guy was criticizing (and still is) my feelings of patriotism.  Fact is, as an American there are a number of things that I am proud of and that make me feel proud to be from this country. Ffact is, I can see why someone from France wouldn't have a clue as to that felling or the concept of patriotism.

man, you wouldnt believe how patriotic french can be.
you wouldnt believe how patriotic ANY BODY can be.
i wasnt pointing at american patriotism in particular. but in general. i think patriotism is sad in general. patriots , in every country you want, are a bunch of cheerleaders thats it.

and dont even start on how i dont like americans or so, my girlfriend is american, i love her , i have so many american friends, and that's it.

there are some concept in life that i dont like, patriotism is one of them.

well, i have nothing against you. i'm talking about concepts. "you" is not the problem.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #606 on: August 12, 2005, 05:38:13 PM »

LOL, just realized where you are from. rofl There is no way that someone from France of all places could possibly understand patriotism. What the hell would you have in your history to be patriotic about anyway. See, its about perspective. You come from a pathetic joke of a country that is only soverign because of the consideration of other stronger countries. Your country was involved with Saddam up to your eyeballs in the oil for food scam. Your leaders were upset about the prospect of losing their cash cow. Your leaders make our leaders look like saints. It is almost impossible for me to put any real stock in anything the french say, especially on the topic of patriotism.

That post was lame, racist and pathetic. I dont understand why your ass has not been banned yet. Oh wait, you were banned but you came back? Thats right.

Ah...that's right, I remember who this guy is now. LOL, what a joke...... hihi

Ran away when he was proved wrong, then came back, got banned...no particular order...something like that.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #607 on: August 12, 2005, 05:50:04 PM »

Those pictures are useless slcpunk.  There is no context to them.

I knew a person in of your caliber would say such a thing. They were taken in Iraq from the war. I only posted these pictures of civilians, not the military. There were all kinds of pictures and I chose to show the civilian casualties to make my point. Obviously your lack of feeling (Read: Sociopathic tendencies) is how you are able to dismiss the image of children being blown to bits.

They could easily be pictures of crimes committed against the Iraqis by Saddam or by terrorist or other insurgents.  And we are not targeting these people in case you didn't know.

I didn't say we were targeting them. The point is that there are families over there being killed by the thousands...by our war. You must be proud of yourself.

And if they are pictures of thing we directly caused (i.e. collateral damage), well then you could post pictures of free people going to school, electing officials, having the fear of saddam's band of tyrants raping their women to show the good that is coming out of this.

Because that is not the point.

But, you choose to show how bad the US is all the time

No, just this time. You try to make it black and white to simplify your argument (probably easier for you that way too).

....you choose to be as anti-american as the french, why is that?

Actually I have met many French and they were very friendly. It seems that Americans are actually anti-French, and we are the assholes towards them. Not the other way around. It also seems that the right-wing hates America more than anything. Or at least what it really stands for.

Remembering who you are now, I see why you chose to ignore what I say, and stick to your "SLCPUNK hates America" rant, instead of looking at the facts. I schooled you before and you couldn't take it. Ran away, cried foul, said you didn't have the time, etc etc. Yet you came back under another name to flame me. Funny, you had the time to flame, but no time to take me head on. And here you are again, in all your glory.............
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #608 on: August 12, 2005, 06:38:34 PM »

Without the "pathetic" country of France the US would still be a colony.  The Bush Cartel has hijacked Patriotism here.  If you disagree then you're unpatriotic.  There was a Senator who lost 3 limbs in Vietnam and the Bushites labeled him unpatriotic for publically disagreeing with the Patriot Act and the war, go figure.  You give up 3 limbs for a country and I think you can what the hell you want to!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #609 on: August 12, 2005, 06:41:20 PM »

Without the "pathetic" country of France the US would still be a colony.  The Bush Cartel has hijacked Patriotism here.  If you disagree then you're unpatriotic.  There was a Senator who lost 3 limbs in Vietnam and the Bushites labeled him unpatriotic for publically disagreeing with the Patriot Act and the war, go figure.  You give up 3 limbs for a country and I think you can what the hell you want to!

The "hate France thing" was a good whipping boy. It got everybody mad, and took the attention of Bush and his group of thugs. I should have bought about 5k worth of French wine then. I'd be selling it back on ebay right now and probably make a 300% profit!  hihi
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #610 on: August 12, 2005, 06:54:19 PM »

That was a good one SLC! Grin I remember hearing about people pouring French wine down the streets at the time. Good times! Grin

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #611 on: August 12, 2005, 06:56:35 PM »

Yeah, that cracked me up too!  The dumbasses had to buy the wine first then pour it out.  Don't forget Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast too!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #612 on: August 12, 2005, 07:04:35 PM »

Congress cafeteria right? I tell ya: good times! Grin Let the good times roll, New Orleans style! lol

SLCPUNK
« Reply #613 on: August 12, 2005, 07:04:49 PM »

Yea, my Mother in Law was like that. All anti-French. I remember she wanted me to pick up a bottle of wine before dinner.

"I really liked that White Bordeaux, can you pick up some of that?" She asked.

"Sure" I answered.

"Great, as long as it's not French..."

hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #614 on: August 12, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »

You hate France? Ever been there?

Do you hate all the people in France? Maybe just their foreign policy?

Aren't you the kind of person who'll cry about liberals and Europeans "bashing" USA when somebody says "I hate the USA"?

Seems like both sides are equally pathetic, hating a whole nation because you don't agree with their foreign policy, their laws or whatever. I'm pretty sure there are decent people in both USA AND France.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #615 on: August 12, 2005, 07:12:11 PM »

"Sure" I answered.

They never stop, do they? Grin I would like some of that Californian St Emilion as well. Or maybe some Corton Charlemagne from Oregon, I don't know! Grin

Are you kidding? Why would he go to "a pathetic joke of a country that is only soverign because of the consideration of other stronger countries"? Surely everything sucks here. Food is awful, and Parisians are arrogant. lol

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #616 on: August 12, 2005, 07:14:25 PM »

Don't forget the weird language you speak....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #617 on: August 12, 2005, 07:14:35 PM »

"Sure" I answered.

They never stop, do they? Grin I would like some of that Californian St Emilion as well. Or maybe some Corton Charlemagne from Oregon, I don't know! Grin

Are you kidding? Why would he go to "a pathetic joke of a country that is only soverign because of the consideration of other stronger countries"? Surely everything sucks here. Food is awful, and Parisians are arrogant. lol

I would always say that if you dropped somebody in the middle of NY city, you'd think we were a bunch of jerks too!!!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #618 on: August 12, 2005, 07:18:13 PM »

Don't forget the weird language you speak....

"What? They don't speak English in France? Those losers. Because I've been to Tijuana and Toronto, you know, big cities in foreign countries and it was all English. Wait. Are they our direct neighbors? But still. Wait. Do most store clerks and subway employees in Paris speak English? I wouldn't know, I've never been there."

Grin

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #619 on: August 12, 2005, 08:03:36 PM »

I would always say that if you dropped somebody in the middle of NY city, you'd think we were a bunch of jerks too!!!

I'll leave your insults alone and not respond to your rhetoric at this point.  However, I'd like you to point to just one instance in which you said something even remotely good about the US.  I don't remember it.  You have bashed the US in almost every post I can remember.  You have bashed the current administration and you have bashed past administrations.  Have you posted a single decent thing to say about the US?  Certainly you must see something good in the greatest country on earth?  Or is it all just bad?

I don't want to perpetual this little disagreement anymore since someone like you would just continue on and on and would be incapable of seeing logic, and since you have the owner of this site squarely in your corner (and most others in this thread ... but thankfully only a minority during the election in the US), it would be fool hardy for me to do so.  But I'd be very interested to see a post or even a statement by you that was positive about the US.  If there is none, then how the hell could anyone take anything you say seriously?  Maybe you have posted something positive, and if so I'll give you credit for it, but I'd also be very surprised.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: