Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:17:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192388 times)
Kitano
« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2005, 02:21:15 PM »

The Bush Cartel thinks everything in Iraq is peachy and they can't be bothered with details like the # of dead.? The dead don't factor into the "great" plan.

In 14 of the 18 iraqi provinces the situation is pretty normal.  Police officers patrol the streets and people live their lives normally.  However in 4 of the provinces there are a bloodthirsty band of criminals detonating bombs to see how many innocent civillians they can murder. 

People like you who lack the moral fiber to take action to protect the innocent would probably want to US to withdraw from iraq and leave its people to these murderers.  It's fortunate for the world that the US people elected someone with a little more backbone than you.  The US army does not run from cut throats and cowards who target the innocent, they will be targeted and eliminated and the people of iraq will be given a future that they couldn't even dream of a few years ago, they will live in peace and freedom.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2005, 04:21:01 PM »

The Bush Cartel thinks everything in Iraq is peachy and they can't be bothered with details like the # of dead.  The dead don't factor into the "great" plan.

People like you who lack the moral fiber to take action to protect the innocent would probably want to US to withdraw from iraq and leave its people to these murderers.

People like you don't know your history.

We already did that one time in Iraq. Do you not recall ?

We also watched as Saddam gassed the Kurds with our goods and did nothing. Do you not recall that?

We also do business with China as they oppress their people. Do you not recall this? Is this not hypocricy?

Or is "moral fiber" different when we can make a buck?

Does Chenney have "moral fiber" running through him as he protects Halliburton from their gouging of the American tax payer for their surreal prices they inflict on the rebuild of Iraq? While he still has financial ties to Halliburton? )In other words, he still makes money.) Sounds to me as if he is protecting the corporate interests of a company that he was the VP of, ahead of the American people. Is that the "moral fiber" you are talking about?

Answer.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2005, 04:22:17 PM »

The Bush Cartel thinks everything in Iraq is peachy and they can't be bothered with details like the # of dead.  The dead don't factor into the "great" plan.
The US army does not run from cut throats and cowards who target the innocent, they will be targeted and eliminated and the people of iraq will be given a future that they couldn't even dream of a few years ago, they will live in peace and freedom.

You are in dreamland, Iraq is in a tailspin and civil war is about to breakout. Read any news articles lately? Not looking too good. Bush's ratings around 38% too.
Kitano
« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2005, 04:43:45 PM »

The Bush Cartel thinks everything in Iraq is peachy and they can't be bothered with details like the # of dead.? The dead don't factor into the "great" plan.

People like you who lack the moral fiber to take action to protect the innocent would probably want to US to withdraw from iraq and leave its people to these murderers.

People like you don't know your history.

We already did that one time in Iraq. Do you not recall ?

We also watched as Saddam gassed the Kurds with our goods and did nothing. Do you not recall that?

We also do business with China as they oppress their people. Do you not recall this? Is this not hypocricy?

Or is "moral fiber" different when we can make a buck?

Does Chenney have "moral fiber" running through him as he protects Halliburton from their gouging of the American tax payer for their surreal prices they inflict on the rebuild of Iraq? While he still has financial ties to Halliburton? )In other words, he still makes money.) Sounds to me as if he is protecting the corporate interests of a company that he was the VP of, ahead of the American people. Is that the "moral fiber" you are talking about?

Answer.

We were never in iraq before, the US army expelled the iraqi's from kuwait and stopped at the border. 

Saddam gassed the kurds with equipment bought from germany and russia, not from the US.  Are you saying that we should have invaded then?  Since you oppose the current operation it makes your position on military intervention a little confused.

What have the chinese got to do with iraq?

You are confusing Halliburton with one of their subsiduary companies kellog, brown and root.  They have already paid back money that was owed to the US government.

Iraq is not in a tail spin.  Life is going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces.  There is no civil war begining in spite of the best efforts of the terrorists to incite a conflict between the shiites and the sunnis.  The terrorists have failed in their efforts to take on the US military and large scale attacks on troops have almost ended, they have switched to killing large numbers of civilians with car bombs.  35,000 terrorists have been killed compared to around 1,300 US soldiers(500 have been killed in noncombat accidents).  Between 70-80% of these casualties have been the result of IED's.  The terrorist attacks have no impact on the strategic situation in the country, the US army goes where they want, the terrorists either run or get killed.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2005, 04:51:57 PM »

Iraq is not in a tail spin.? Life is going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces.  There is no civil war begining in spite of the best efforts of the terrorists to incite a conflict between the shiites and the sunnis.? The terrorists have failed in their efforts to take on the US military and large scale attacks on troops have almost ended, they have switched to killing large numbers of civilians with car bombs.? 35,000 terrorists have been killed compared to around 1,300 US soldiers(500 have been killed in noncombat accidents).? Between 70-80% of these casualties have been the result of IED's.? The terrorist attacks have no impact on the strategic situation in the country, the US army goes where they want, the terrorists either run or get killed.

I see... and you know this... how exactly?  Do you live in Iraq?  How do you know life is going on as normal?   

Or is this an assumption based on 'balanced' information you might be receiving from news sources?
Kitano
« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2005, 04:56:09 PM »

I took a look at their website, they are a bunch of left wingers.  The source isn't exactly impartial.

It's really not possible for the US military to hide the number of soliders being killed especially because of the close media scrutiny that they are under.  The familes might start asking questions when a relative in the army just disappeared.

When you conside that some conspiracy theorists think that the pentagon was struck by a missile and that the people from the flight that hit it are all in the witness protection programme, it really is amazing the bizarre stuff that some people will believe.
Kitano
« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2005, 05:00:33 PM »

Iraq is not in a tail spin.? Life is going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces.? There is no civil war begining in spite of the best efforts of the terrorists to incite a conflict between the shiites and the sunnis.? The terrorists have failed in their efforts to take on the US military and large scale attacks on troops have almost ended, they have switched to killing large numbers of civilians with car bombs.? 35,000 terrorists have been killed compared to around 1,300 US soldiers(500 have been killed in noncombat accidents).? Between 70-80% of these casualties have been the result of IED's.? The terrorist attacks have no impact on the strategic situation in the country, the US army goes where they want, the terrorists either run or get killed.

I see... and you know this... how exactly?? Do you live in Iraq?? How do you know life is going on as normal?? ?

Or is this an assumption based on 'balanced' information you might be receiving from news sources?

There are lots of sources from which you can get information.  My brother is currently stationed in one of the provinces in which there is no terrorist activity and I have his firsthand accounts of what is going on in those areas.

It's interesting that you questioned by statement that life is normal in 14 of the 18 provinces yet you didn't question the previous person who claimed that the country was in a tail spin.  Is this a case of just not believing  anything that doesn't match your own irrational political bias?
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #567 on: August 11, 2005, 05:01:12 PM »

yes but 16,000 thats still a steep number there buddy

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #568 on: August 11, 2005, 05:02:17 PM »

yes but 16,000 thats still a steep number there buddy

oh and thats actual released docs from the the US forces..... so there ya go.. a quick google will get it..... but then i guess yo can say maybe the guy that done the numbers was a lefty.....  hihi

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Kitano
« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2005, 05:14:57 PM »

It doesn't however show the severity of the injuries sustained.   It can be anything from a broken leg to something life threatening.

The problem is that this book was written with someone with an agenda and therefore cannot just be taken as an honest account of the war.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2005, 05:59:31 PM »

Iraq is not in a tail spin.? Life is going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces.? There is no civil war begining in spite of the best efforts of the terrorists to incite a conflict between the shiites and the sunnis.? The terrorists have failed in their efforts to take on the US military and large scale attacks on troops have almost ended, they have switched to killing large numbers of civilians with car bombs.? 35,000 terrorists have been killed compared to around 1,300 US soldiers(500 have been killed in noncombat accidents).? Between 70-80% of these casualties have been the result of IED's.? The terrorist attacks have no impact on the strategic situation in the country, the US army goes where they want, the terrorists either run or get killed.

I see... and you know this... how exactly?? Do you live in Iraq?? How do you know life is going on as normal?? ?

There are lots of sources from which you can get information.? My brother is currently stationed in one of the provinces in which there is no terrorist activity and I have his firsthand accounts of what is going on in those areas.

It's interesting that you questioned by statement that life is normal in 14 of the 18 provinces yet you didn't question the previous person who claimed that the country was in a tail spin.? Is this a case of just not believing  anything that doesn't match your own irrational political bias?

No, it's a case of finding it difficult to believe that life is "normal" in a country where a war is taking place.  And "finding it difficult to believe" is a generous statement, since, I prefer to accept that war is hardly a normal way of life for any human being.

I'd be more inclined to agree that a "tailspin" would be a more accurate description of a country at war.  I don't think that's an irrational political bias, but a fair assessment of war.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2005, 06:57:47 PM »

There are lots of sources from which you can get information.? My brother is currently stationed in one of the provinces in which there is no terrorist activity and I have his firsthand accounts of what is going on in those areas.

It's interesting that you questioned by statement that life is normal in 14 of the 18 provinces yet you didn't question the previous person who claimed that the country was in a tail spin.? Is this a case of just not believing? anything that doesn't match your own irrational political bias?

No, it's a case of finding it difficult to believe that life is "normal" in a country where a war is taking place.? And "finding it difficult to believe" is a generous statement, since, I prefer to accept that war is hardly a normal way of life for any human being.

I'd be more inclined to agree that a "tailspin" would be a more accurate description of a country at war.? I don't think that's an irrational political bias, but a fair assessment of war.

This has nothing to do with the topic but, do you think the Iraqi soccer player , who had a drill put into his ear because they didn't win in the Olympics, do you think he thought his life was in a "tailspin" then? Or how about the women who would have to allow themselves to be either raped or killed by Saddam's boy, was their life in a "tailspin" then? Or their families lives? Were they in a "tailspin" then? It's easy to judge  others when they at least try to help people to have a better life, while you do nothing but bitch about it. If you don't like the way things are being done, fine, how about get off your butt and do something positive, instead of just whiiiiiiiiiiiiiine about it.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2005, 07:25:44 PM »

the kid died for oil. thats sad when a leader kills people for oil.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2005, 07:30:40 PM »

This has nothing to do with the topic but, do you think the Iraqi soccer player , who had a drill put into his ear because they didn't win in the Olympics, do you think he thought his life was in a "tailspin" then? Or how about the women who would have to allow themselves to be either raped or killed by Saddam's boy, was their life in a "tailspin" then? Or their families lives? Were they in a "tailspin" then? It's easy to judge others when they at least try to help people to have a better life, while you do nothing but bitch about it. If you don't like the way things are being done, fine, how about get off your butt and do something positive, instead of just whiiiiiiiiiiiiiine about it.

I'm not whiiiiiiining about anything. ?I'm just questioning a person's choice of words. ?Kitano suggested that life was going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces of Iraq, and I'm asking on what basis they can make such a claim. ?I don't think that being invaded by another country makes life normal for any Iraqi. ?Being at war is not an optimum state of being for any country.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2005, 07:33:56 PM »

neither was the life they had before

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2005, 07:44:07 PM »

There are lots of sources from which you can get information.  My brother is currently stationed in one of the provinces in which there is no terrorist activity and I have his firsthand accounts of what is going on in those areas.

It's interesting that you questioned by statement that life is normal in 14 of the 18 provinces yet you didn't question the previous person who claimed that the country was in a tail spin.  Is this a case of just not believing  anything that doesn't match your own irrational political bias?

Maybe life is normal in 14 of those provinces....but the other four provinces account for 40% of the land area and 50% of the population.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #576 on: August 11, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »

It doesn't however show the severity of the injuries sustained.   It can be anything from a broken leg to something life threatening.

The problem is that this book was written with someone with an agenda and therefore cannot just be taken as an honest account of the war.

So by this rationale, "The Jungle" by Upton Lewis about life in factories in the early 20th century shouldn't be taken as an honest accont either.   

SLCPUNK
« Reply #577 on: August 11, 2005, 08:06:01 PM »

We were never in iraq before, the US army expelled the iraqi's from kuwait and stopped at the border. 

We left all those who rose up to be slaughtered once again by Saddam, in case you forgot.

Saddam gassed the kurds with equipment bought from germany and russia, not from the US.  Are you saying that we should have invaded then?  Since you oppose the current operation it makes your position on military intervention a little confused.

I'm not saying we should have invaded. I'm asking why it is so important now, but was not then?

The USA most certainly aides saddam, including, but not limited to gas.

What have the chinese got to do with iraq?

You miss the point. Reread my post.

You are confusing Halliburton with one of their subsiduary companies kellog, brown and root.  They have already paid back money that was owed to the US government.

They have not paid the money back and were awarded another billion dollar contract.

Iraq is not in a tail spin.  Life is going on as normal in 14 of the 18 provinces.  There is no civil war begining in spite of the best efforts of the terrorists to incite a conflict between the shiites and the sunnis.  The terrorists have failed in their efforts to take on the US military and large scale attacks on troops have almost ended, they have switched to killing large numbers of civilians with car bombs.  35,000 terrorists have been killed compared to around 1,300 US soldiers(500 have been killed in noncombat accidents).  Between 70-80% of these casualties have been the result of IED's.  The terrorist attacks have no impact on the strategic situation in the country, the US army goes where they want, the terrorists either run or get killed.

The US army goes where they want?

Have you read ANYTHING lately? ANYTHING?

You can't hardly be serious. But since you deny Halliburtons role in this, the fact that we supplied weapons to Saddam in the past, and that everything is hunky dory in Iraq, I guess you are.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 08:16:02 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #578 on: August 11, 2005, 08:12:56 PM »

I see... and you know this... how exactly?  Do you live in Iraq?  How do you know life is going on as normal?   

No, it's a case of finding it difficult to believe that life is "normal" in a country where a war is taking place.  And "finding it difficult to believe" is a generous statement, since, I prefer to accept that war is hardly a normal way of life for any human being.

I'd be more inclined to agree that a "tailspin" would be a more accurate description of a country at war.  I don't think that's an irrational political bias, but a fair assessment of war.

This has nothing to do with the topic but, do you think the Iraqi soccer player , who had a drill put into his ear because they didn't win in the Olympics, do you think he thought his life was in a "tailspin" then? Or how about the women who would have to allow themselves to be either raped or killed by Saddam's boy, was their life in a "tailspin" then? Or their families lives? Were they in a "tailspin" then? It's easy to judge  others when they at least try to help people to have a better life, while you do nothing but bitch about it. If you don't like the way things are being done, fine, how about get off your butt and do something positive, instead of just whiiiiiiiiiiiiiine about it.

How about the women in war torn Africa? Why aren't we marching in to save them?

How about China and their oppression? Why aren't we marching in to save them?

Again, you guys never answer my question. These things have been happening for 20 yrs, and we sat and watched it, even supplied them with weapons, but now we are going in to save them?

Nobody is bitching about it. You try to make it black and white and ignore the true issue.

The true issue is the hidden agenda. There are many dictatorships around the world, many worse than this. We have not and will not invade them. For our president to claim that we are "liberating" a country that did NOT ASK to be liberated is tough to swallow. The biggest blunder is the order in which this statement came. First was the WMD, then when none turned up, he changed his theme to "free Iraq". Yet oddly enough, you guys seem to forget this.

So, if we question the validity of this war, you then turn around and call us whiners?

You really are trying to make it black and white.

Nothing, especially to do with this fiasco is black and white.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 08:17:17 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #579 on: August 11, 2005, 08:52:13 PM »

I'm all for helping out oppressed peoples everywhere. I personally would be willing to risk my life to try and save people from being tortured and mass executed. As for the hidden agenda, of course, that's only your opinion. And everybody's got at least one of those.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 09:16:41 PM by Kiss my Axl » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: