Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192624 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #380 on: November 18, 2004, 02:41:23 PM »

Criticize criticize criticize.? And meanwhile the rest of the world, including the UN, does nothing about the problems in the world.? The last time we were complete isolationists, Hilter was burnings Jews in ovens and the Nazis were drinking coffee in Paris.

Grin  Good point.  The world would be a mess if the US "minded our own business".
SLCPUNK
« Reply #381 on: November 18, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

Criticize criticize criticize.  And meanwhile the rest of the world, including the UN, does nothing about the problems in the world.  The last time we were complete isolationists, Hilter was burnings Jews in ovens and the Nazis were drinking coffee in Paris.

Grin  Good point.  The world would be a mess if the US "minded our own business".

LOL, you two deserve each other....unreal.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #382 on: November 18, 2004, 06:38:32 PM »

I find it pathetic that you dont post until you can degrade the US, mock our efforts, or spit on a marine.?

How about degrading the US administration, concurrently mocking the people (they chose the admin), and spitting on the whole works?

Q - How many members of the Bush Administration are needed to change a light bulb?

A - It takes 10:

1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed.
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed.
3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb.
4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either "for" changing the light bulb or "for" darkness.
5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the new light bulb.
6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner: "Light bulb Change Accomplished".
7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how Bush was literally in the dark.
8. One to viciously smear #7.
9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush has had a strong light-bulb-changing policy all along.
10. And finally, one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.

Yeah, I'm BOARD................

...bored...

Criticize criticize criticize.? And meanwhile the rest of the world, including the UN, does nothing about the problems in the world.? The last time we were complete isolationists, Hilter was burnings Jews in ovens and the Nazis were drinking coffee in Paris.

well thats the whole point in this , the UN said that the war was not ok and the US said it was ok , if i recalll correctly bush didnt care about the opinion of the UN . some poeple think that the army is in iraq to libarate the country other ones think that they are there for economic things , so thats why the UN does nothing about this.

you are right about US helping the word in the second world war , but they were millions of people helping also ,and fighting like england,canada,france . and other people risking their life in the war before America entering the war , and they were hundreds of soldiers from different countrys helping american soldiers in the second word war . so America was one of the countrys that help but not the only one.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #383 on: November 19, 2004, 02:07:52 AM »

So what is the deal with you guys not wanting to call them insurgents any longer?

Is it reminding you that you are wrong? Since the enemy had to come to the country we wrongly attacked? Easier and cleaner to just say 'enemy'. (I did hear Fox say "bad guys" the other day.? Roll Eyes)

That always seemed to be a weak point, to hear that word. So now you are claiming the 'liberal media' likes to call them insurgents. Although I watched Fox and they are still calling them that.

So...where are you getting this from? I'd bet that if I searched through some right wing (propaganda) blogs, websites, etc...I'd see somebody attacking the word 'insurgent'. LOL, I just bet I would!? hihi
I dont see what the big deal is from getting information from other places.? Isnt that what all people do?? I certainly see you post all of the same crap I see on liberal sites and that are in the liberal talking points.

The difference between information and what you repeat.... is that you guys all have slogan type words, foxspeak, catch phrases that YOU ALL use. "bleeding heart" etc etc. That is not information, that is propaganda speak. It is a label you put out.

You backing away from using 'insurgent' is the same thing. You view it like a bad/wrong word. So I wonder why? Why is it incorrect all of a sudden? Who said so?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 02:41:41 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #384 on: November 19, 2004, 02:19:42 AM »

Ah bullshit SLC that is the most fucked up excuse for that beautifull caring woman's murder. Don't blame Bush for a murder by the real THUGS of this war.

I disagree. Iraq was not full of these 'insurgents' until our invasion. These kidnappings/beheadings did not start until we invaded. What more do you want? Her death is directly related to the invasion of Iraq. You ignore my previous post where I pointed out that nothing had happened to her for YEARS that she served there.

what do Margarat Hassan and George W. Bush have in common?.

ANSWER:

NOTHING. ZERO...NADA.

That lady gave her life to help other human beings. BUSH INVADED A COUNTRY THAT HAS A HUGE OIL RESERVE, HANDED THE REBUILDING CONTRACTS TO HALIBURTON. BUSH CLAIMED HE INVADED FIRST FOR WMD, THEN IT WAS 'FREE IRAQ'.

BUSH KILLED OVER 100,000 INNOCENT CIVILIANS TO 'HELP' THIS COUNTRY. THIS WOMAN KILLED NONE.

A TOTAL DISGRACE TO COMPARE THE TWO.

Who's side are you on? Theres only the good and bad side.

I'm on the side of truth.

I see Bush trying to do good. But idiots want to make the job harder and hamper progress. Yet you are against Bush in this war. Well mate that leaves you supporting the bad side intentionally or unintentionally.

Haven't you intellectual weaklings fished that lake dry yet?

If you are against the war and this president. Then you are supporting the enemy. Roll Eyes

More Foxspeak pounded in your inferior brain and spit right back out.

Give me something original...muster a thought of your own.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #385 on: November 19, 2004, 02:23:00 AM »

GNR 3.0,

From your own input at the 1st post in this thread one easily gets the expression? that you didn't really respond/react? to Hassan's death per se either, just wanted to attack people who don't bless the Invasion of Iraq.

Thanks for pointing that out.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #386 on: November 19, 2004, 02:34:18 AM »

By eliminating Saddam Hussein, destroying the Republican Guard, finding the wmd's( they have em somewhere).

When you are you going to wake up?

There are no WMD! NONE!

They were cool with Saddam killing his own people for years and we did nothing. Why now? Answer this please.

If ridding a dictator, destroying his armed forces and his weapons aren't in the best intrests of a repressed, starving, poor and backward nation then u have no clue man.

Saddam was proven to have a weaker military force than before the first gulf war.

Uh...you just said "they have 'em somewhere", so please don't go on to tell us in the next sentence that we rid him of his weapons. Never found 'em, remember? You were still holdin' out hope on the previous sentence.

If you think that bombing this country into "democracy" (only a leader of our liking too) is 'building' a nation, then you don't have a clue.

These people were no fan of Saddam..so why are they making this mess?

Wait a minute, I thought you guys claimed that the terrorists WERE fans of saddam. Wasn't that one of the reasons to invade? That Saddam had links to terrorists out there? Then it was WMD? Then finally, when none of that worked out it was 'free Iraq'.

Simple they hate America.

It ain't that black and white.

They don't give a fuck about the Iraqi people, their killing them.

Just like the US government. I'd bet we have killed a lot more civilians than they have.

They don't want America to invade a muslim country and succeed thats why their there. If they were there to help the Iraqi people they sure as hell wouldn't be detonating car bombs.

Who in the hell said they are there to help the Iraqis? They are there because we are there and they want to kick our ass. They also see a possibility of a weak nation that they can topple and control just like afghanistan.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 02:42:40 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #387 on: November 19, 2004, 02:36:04 AM »

Ok....as far as helping the Iraqi people.? ? Matt can you honestly hand on heart tell me you believe Dubya's intent is based more on helping the poor Iraqi people rather than serving the best long term interestests of capitalists and the US designs of global hegemony??

If so...then why? didnt the US step in yersa and years ago when Sadamm was committing the worst of his attrocities??? when the US was bankrolling him and turning a convinient blind eye??? ?and to know feign indignance when it suits us is fucking lame. No wonder the have nots in Iraq are angry....talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

How is the death of 100,00 people ( I mean seriously imagine the devastaion of that figure ....how many generations of devesated people...and therefore angry peiople is that going to create).....hundreds of thousands of injured, millions more starving before due to food for oil programs etc etc etc........do you really think all these dead, dying starving people are shouting hallelujah america??? thanks for fuckin nothing is what they are saying.

Fucken hell was Dubya President in the 80's?

No...that was Reagan when the Turks got gassed. With the gas we sold them too.

We just looked the other way.

Bush had plenty of time before 9-11 if he really cared that much.....
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #388 on: November 19, 2004, 09:18:45 AM »

Ah bullshit SLC that is the most fucked up excuse for that beautifull caring woman's murder. Don't blame Bush for a murder by the real THUGS of this war.

I disagree. Iraq was not full of these 'insurgents' until our invasion. These kidnappings/beheadings did not start until we invaded. What more do you want? Her death is directly related to the invasion of Iraq. You ignore my previous post where I pointed out that nothing had happened to her for YEARS that she served there.

what do Margarat Hassan and George W. Bush have in common?.

ANSWER:

NOTHING. ZERO...NADA.

That lady gave her life to help other human beings. BUSH INVADED A COUNTRY THAT HAS A HUGE OIL RESERVE, HANDED THE REBUILDING CONTRACTS TO HALIBURTON. BUSH CLAIMED HE INVADED FIRST FOR WMD, THEN IT WAS 'FREE IRAQ'.

BUSH KILLED OVER 100,000 INNOCENT CIVILIANS TO 'HELP' THIS COUNTRY. THIS WOMAN KILLED NONE.

A TOTAL DISGRACE TO COMPARE THE TWO.

Who's side are you on? Theres only the good and bad side.

I'm on the side of truth.

I see Bush trying to do good. But idiots want to make the job harder and hamper progress. Yet you are against Bush in this war. Well mate that leaves you supporting the bad side intentionally or unintentionally.

Haven't you intellectual weaklings fished that lake dry yet?

If you are against the war and this president. Then you are supporting the enemy. Roll Eyes

More Foxspeak pounded in your inferior brain and spit right back out.

Give me something original...muster a thought of your own.

Oil my fucking ass, that money goes to the Iraqi people. That's why when a fukn oil pipeline is blown up by insurgents oil prices go up cos where fucken paying for it. Not stealing

I never said if u didn't support the war u were wrong. This topic is about her death, not the if it was right or wrong to enter Iraq.

Here it is simply, who killed Maragaret Hassan? Bush or Thugs. Um yeah bush travelled over their and personally hacked at her and shot her...how did i forget silly me hihi

These thoughts are my own because their MY opinions so how the fuck am i not MUSTERING thoughts of my own.

Thugs killed this woman not Bush. He is not to blame. If u think Bush did it u are WRONG. He did NOT  pull the trigger, some thug did. Thats fact and thats in black and white.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #389 on: November 19, 2004, 09:37:16 AM »

By eliminating Saddam Hussein, destroying the Republican Guard, finding the wmd's( they have em somewhere).

When you are you going to wake up?

There are no WMD! NONE!

They were cool with Saddam killing his own people for years and we did nothing. Why now? Answer this please.

If ridding a dictator, destroying his armed forces and his weapons aren't in the best intrests of a repressed, starving, poor and backward nation then u have no clue man.

Saddam was proven to have a weaker military force than before the first gulf war.

Uh...you just said "they have 'em somewhere", so please don't go on to tell us in the next sentence that we rid him of his weapons. Never found 'em, remember? You were still holdin' out hope on the previous sentence.

If you think that bombing this country into "democracy" (only a leader of our liking too) is 'building' a nation, then you don't have a clue.

These people were no fan of Saddam..so why are they making this mess?

Wait a minute, I thought you guys claimed that the terrorists WERE fans of saddam. Wasn't that one of the reasons to invade? That Saddam had links to terrorists out there? Then it was WMD? Then finally, when none of that worked out it was 'free Iraq'.

Simple they hate America.

It ain't that black and white.

They don't give a fuck about the Iraqi people, their killing them.

Just like the US government. I'd bet we have killed a lot more civilians than they have.

They don't want America to invade a muslim country and succeed thats why their there. If they were there to help the Iraqi people they sure as hell wouldn't be detonating car bombs.

Who in the hell said they are there to help the Iraqis? They are there because we are there and they want to kick our ass. They also see a possibility of a weak nation that they can topple and control just like afghanistan.

There are WMD's...they used and still managed to hide em somewhere.

I'll tell you why America did not do anything about Iraq before now. Because if they did try to rid a dictator and a corrupt and unjust government anti-war fucks like urselfs would march in the streets of the world like the do-gooders u are. People like u alow fuckheads to rule people harshly. Geez how can u be so stupid. Someone treats their people barbarically so a country with the willingness to do soemthing about it try to help yet there critisized. WHY? how the fuck is that bad. I don't understand why people who want justice and a fair go for everyone are critisized. Thats what pisses me off.

They hate America will all their black hearts. I see recently an Al qaida base was discovered in Iraq with classrooms teaching how to bring down american aircraft. Yeah off course their there to kick our ass. If they weren't in Iraq they'ed be in another shithole planning more terrorist attacks with a government who allows it and doesn't crack down. Example Syria, Iran and countless others. So why not remove that threat. Well people like u would be in the streets again fuckin campaining. People like u allow these cunts to breed, and unwillingly lead to the deaths of ur people. But nah d/w about that eh. As long as America stay put and protect their borders all will b fine Tongue.

Weaker military force than last time eh? Still a military force weaker or stronger is a FORCE.

They don't want to topple Iraq, if they were they wouldnt bomb and run like pussys.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2004, 09:40:13 AM »

Well Neko if it weren't for America u would be either not exist or be speaking German. U aren't German are u nervous

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2004, 10:55:24 AM »

Well Neko if it weren't for America u would be either not exist or be speaking German. U aren't German are u nervous

Where did neko say otherwise ? He just said that americans weren't the only ones ... canadians, british, russians and even brazilians took part on WW2 and on the right side !

The force ... the force ...
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #392 on: November 19, 2004, 11:02:11 AM »

Stupid ... shithole .... nice words that keep coming back here ... can't you just have an debate without them ? What do they bring to your argumentation ?

And it's typical, you never look up at the causes ... of course it's not Bush that pulled the trigger but why was the trigger pulled ?  Tongue

And I suppose by reading your last post that you want to intervene now in Syria and Iran ... good luck then  Roll Eyes Tongue

The force ... the force ...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #393 on: November 19, 2004, 11:14:30 AM »

Stupid ... shithole .... nice words that keep coming back here ... can't you just have an debate without them ? What do they bring to your argumentation ?

And it's typical, you never look up at the causes ... of course it's not Bush that pulled the trigger but why was the trigger pulled ?? Tongue

And I suppose by reading your last post that you want to intervene now in Syria and Iran ... good luck then? Roll Eyes Tongue

My god did i say shithole and stupid Shocked...Shit i should be put behind bars and have the key thrown away Tongue

Well Rain about that trigger thing....its the same thing as someone who says they were provoked into killing someone, but noone has an excuse for actually purposely pulling that trigger. If u pull that trigger its ur sole responsilibilty for doing it.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #394 on: November 19, 2004, 11:17:20 AM »

Nope...that's why I participate less and less... Roll Eyes Personal attacks are now mandatory in every single thread about this and the name calling of course comes with it. That was interesting for a while. No I think it's really boring and useless. Just my two cents.

Btw matt88, buddy, keep down the "anti-war fucks" remarks or you won't stay too long. Everyone has an opinion but don't insult people who think otherwise.

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #395 on: November 19, 2004, 11:27:44 AM »

I said because he pointed out the America entered the war later in the war.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: November 19, 2004, 11:54:46 AM »

The next time I see either side attacking the other by using insults will mean the end of political discussions on this board.

At least for now.

Maybe you need 3.5 years to calm down.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #397 on: November 19, 2004, 12:02:16 PM »

Nope...that's why I participate less and less... Roll Eyes Personal attacks are now mandatory in every single thread about this and the name calling of course comes with it. That was interesting for a while. No I think it's really boring and useless. Just my two cents.

Btw matt88, buddy, keep down the "anti-war fucks" remarks or you won't stay too long. Everyone has an opinion but don't insult people who think otherwise.

Anger makes people do crazy things...my apologies.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #398 on: November 19, 2004, 12:39:56 PM »

Tyrod
First off, it was a pleasant suprise that you don't feel only terrorists are fighting against U.S in Iraq, I would have quessed you felt otherwise. ok
"Fortunatelly" rest of your post was good old Tyrod.

Regardless of whether this guy was a terrorist or not, he could have been playing possum as has been reported to happen over there.  The soldier could have perceived him as a threrat.  Some of these terrorists have been booby-trapped where if you roll them over a detonator goes off and blows you up.  Maybe he didn't want to take a chance with his own life.
ONE WOULD ASSUME that if a soldier suspects/fears  that a wounded guy laying infront of him is booby trapped he WOULD NOT APPROACH HIM before pulling the trigger.
I think the fact marine walked towards him and was what, 1-2 meters away from him slightly before pulling the the trigger  speaks alot about the amount of THREAT the marine feeled that the guy posed.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 12:50:16 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #399 on: November 19, 2004, 12:42:47 PM »

Well Neko if it weren't for America u would be either not exist or be speaking German.
Russian, actually...I'd guess.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: