Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 192669 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2004, 06:43:53 PM »

You are so extreme !!!

Of course there are assholes, iraki assholes, but how many of them compared to the number of totally innocent people who just want to go to work ( if their work places were rebuilt that is), come home with a salary and raise their kids ?

Nothing to say
jgfnsr
« Reply #341 on: November 17, 2004, 06:56:26 PM »

You are so extreme !!!

Of course there are assholes, iraki assholes, but how many of them compared to the number of totally innocent people who just want to go to work ( if their work places were rebuilt that is), come home with a salary and raise their kids ?

Hey, I'm not the extreme one.

I'm not blaming the Iraqi people.?

This is simply a perfect example of how certain people's self-flaggelating mentality of "they hate us because we killed their kids" doesn't hold as much weight as they think it does.

But, of course, it's the U.S. that's slowing down the Iraqi people's houses getting rebuilt, coming home with a salary, and raising their kids!  It isn't the insurgents who just want what's best for Iraq.  Tongue
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #342 on: November 17, 2004, 06:59:07 PM »

I'm sorry, but according to many international news points, the USA had promised to rebuilt Irak after a year.

The problem is in north irak, not in Bagdad. Why isn't bagdad partially rebuilt ?

Nothing to say
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #343 on: November 17, 2004, 07:01:58 PM »

Let's slander the United States Army because one soldier out of 140,000 did a bad thing.  That's like saying that a bad cop or bad priest or whatever represents the entire police force or church.  If he did something illegal, he'll appropriately get punished for it.  His actions have nothing to do with the rest of the army.  Besides, it's tough for anyone who is sitting over here in America or anywhere else to try to critique people who are risking their lives everyday, avoiding car bombs and suicide-bombers.  I'm not justifying this soldier's actions, but he may have thought that this guy was a threat: in war, it's kill or be killed, and he may have thought this here.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2004, 07:26:06 PM »

We get a whole thread by LeftToDecay about an enemy insurgent being shot by a Marine but this doesn't even get mentioned? Nevermind the fact that an "insurgent" is a nice name for enemy, and even when they appear down and out, that's not necessarily the case. There often booby-trapped, etc.

Hmmm...couldn't it be that the board was down basically all day? Or maybe some of us didn't have time to check the news? Lots of people didn't react to the killing incident you mention (LeftToDecay's thread) so let's not generalize.

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #345 on: November 17, 2004, 07:49:26 PM »

I'm sorry, but according to many international news points, the USA had promised to rebuilt Irak after a year.

The problem is in north irak, not in Bagdad. Why isn't bagdad partially rebuilt ?

The correct spelling is actually Iraq.  And Baghdad.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #346 on: November 17, 2004, 08:03:27 PM »

I believe the same thing happened in Vietnam.? After being there in a psychologically intimidating situation for ages, U.S. soldiers have a higher potential to unleash their frustration in cases like this, or the Vietnam massacre of civilians at My Lai.? That's probably what happened with this soldier.? If GnRNightrain is correct, and a lot of insurgent soldiers pretend that they're wounded, then this guy might have cracked under the pressure and that's why he shot the guy - it's the "kill or be killed" instinct.? It doesn't excuse his actions, but it might explain them.

I think that the title of this thread is in very poor taste.? What the soldier did was wrong, but your title politicizes this tragedy to make it seem like the Bush administration's whole goal in "liberating Iraq" is to kill all the Iraqis.? Look, I don't like the Bush administration either, and anybody who thinks that they went to war in Iraq just to "free the Iraqi people" is incredibly naive.? But I know that they certainly don't desire the deaths of innocents.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #347 on: November 17, 2004, 08:10:02 PM »

Not in French, and she lives in France... Smiley Btw, it's in the rules that it's not cool to post only to correct spelling mistakes.

DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #348 on: November 17, 2004, 09:53:18 PM »

The Marine was 100% justified in doing what he did.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2004, 12:30:56 AM »

A very easy thing to say sitting in the safety of the US.?

haha, that applies to you! You, Mr. for the war, against the war and for the war again. Then you have the nerve to come back and flame people who are anti-war. Are you totally  bi-polar or what?

No, maybe you didn't read correctly.

Honor is Honor.

PERIOD.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2004, 12:32:45 AM »

Let's slander the United States Army because one soldier out of 140,000 did a bad thing.? That's like saying that a bad cop or bad priest or whatever represents the entire police force or church.? If he did something illegal, he'll appropriately get punished for it.? His actions have nothing to do with the rest of the army.? Besides, it's tough for anyone who is sitting over here in America or anywhere else to try to critique people who are risking their lives everyday, avoiding car bombs and suicide-bombers.? I'm not justifying this soldier's actions, but he may have thought that this guy was a threat: in war, it's kill or be killed, and he may have thought this here.

Who is speaking out against the entire army?

If this man did what they said he did, he should be held accountable.

Nothing more, nothing less.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »

This lady was killed by thugs who came to Iraq because of Bush being there.

She had lived and worked for YEARS in Iraq and was fine before that. The Iraqi people loved her, and wanted people to know that she was not killed by Iraqis. Why do you think she was murdered now, after all those years with no problem?

Maybe you should ask yourself that Mr. Flip Flop.

What is your point anyway?

You totally disgrace the poor woman, who was more of a loving, caring, selfless human being than you will ever be anyway.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 12:41:00 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2004, 12:48:45 AM »

So what is the deal with you guys not wanting to call them insurgents any longer?

Is it reminding you that you are wrong? Since the enemy had to come to the country we wrongly attacked? Easier and cleaner to just say 'enemy'. (I did hear Fox say "bad guys" the other day.  Roll Eyes)

That always seemed to be a weak point, to hear that word. So now you are claiming the 'liberal media' likes to call them insurgents. Although I watched Fox and they are still calling them that.

So...where are you getting this from? I'd bet that if I searched through some right wing (propaganda) blogs, websites, etc...I'd see somebody attacking the word 'insurgent'. LOL, I just bet I would!  hihi
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #353 on: November 18, 2004, 12:59:24 AM »

Exactly, SLC, I actually agree with that statement.  But the title of the thread and the message I believe it's sending (that we are hypocrites) are wrong in my view.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #354 on: November 18, 2004, 01:19:22 AM »

Well you might be suprised to know that lots of people think we are hypocrites. Especially outside the USA.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #355 on: November 18, 2004, 03:59:44 AM »

She had lived and worked for YEARS in Iraq and was fine before that. The Iraqi people loved her, and wanted people to know that she was not killed by Iraqis. Why do you think she was murdered now, after all those years with no problem?

You totally disgrace the poor woman, who was more of a loving, caring, selfless human being than you will ever be anyway.

Ah bullshit SLC that is the most fucked up excuse for that beautifull caring woman's murder. Don't blame Bush for a murder by the real THUGS of this war. Don't insult her memory by saying that it's because of Bush she was murdered. Answer me this Mr Flip Flop...what do Margarat Hassan and George W. Bush have in common?....Both are trying to help the Iraqi people. Full Stop. Bush is there to help the Iraqi people live their lives without fear their sons will be tortured and their daughters won't be raped. And that woman is helping the disadvantaged of Iraq. And what are those pieces of filth trying to do? Yeah fuck it all up and cause more deaths of the Iraqi people PURPOSELY than the Americans have accidently.

Who's side are you on? Theres only the good and bad side. I see Bush trying to do good. But idiots want to make the job harder and hamper progress. Yet you are against Bush in this war. Well mate that leaves you supporting the bad side intentionally or unintentionally.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #356 on: November 18, 2004, 04:42:02 AM »

Ah bullshit SLC that is the most fucked up excuse for that beautifull caring woman's murder. Don't blame Bush for a murder by the real THUGS of this war. Don't insult her memory by saying that it's because of Bush she was murdered.

It's common sense that's all. A war against the UN and based on any international law. She was living there through the Iran-Iraq war, during the first gulf war and during the embargo period. Now she's dead ... and your real THUGS have been created by the American intervention.

Answer me this Mr Flip Flop...what do Margarat Hassan and George W. Bush have in common?....Both are trying to help the Iraqi people.

You know why it's so difficult for the US troops down there ? It's because the Iraqi didn't ask for help ... they did 10 years ago before the embargo and nobody backed them up at the time.

Who's side are you on? Theres only the good and bad side. I see Bush trying to do good. But idiots want to make the job harder and hamper progress. Yet you are against Bush in this war. Well mate that leaves you supporting the bad side intentionally or unintentionally.

Ah ok, you are one that see the world as black or white ... well, it's not that simple ... that's why you're glued there.
And even if the world really were black or white ... a lot of iraqi are seeing you as the bad guys ... does it make them being the good guys ?  Roll Eyes

The force ... the force ...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #357 on: November 18, 2004, 05:26:34 AM »

Yes Rain and also u'd like to know that most of the insurgents are from other countries. Doesn't seem like the Iraqi people wanna blow themselves up does it. The leader of the insurgents...i forget his name Al sahwi or soemhting is from Jordan. Hardly Iraq eh ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #358 on: November 18, 2004, 06:23:52 AM »

I think some of you are just reading too much into it. I don't feel that a title of a thread  is able to politicize anything if it comes with some sort of semi-solid post. In such case, the post/essay/whatever speaks to the reader, not the topic.
[repeats himslef]I feel a topic has 3 purposes.
A)Deliver somesort of picture about what the thread is about.
B)Provoke people to read it.
C)Provoke discussion.
Is it a provocating and suggestive title?Yup. Do I feel there's something wrong with such a title?Nope. Posts speak, topic titles help making people listen what teh post has to say.A title has it's own voice only if there is nothing behind the title.

Tyrod,
Ok. a 20 year old guy from Saudi Arabia experiences/learns something that makes him go "Gah, Yankees need to be fucking driven out from Middle East!! Allah Akbar! Paradise!!"He takes his nailbombs and heads to Iraq, Explodes himself in the middle of a street. Dozens of civils and few marines get killed. Ok, everyone here can agree that this fukhed can be called a terrorist.

Howabout a 20 year old guy from Mosul who feels that it was very wrong that U.S.A army invaded his country and is now puling the strings of everything.He goes "fuck this, i don't want soldiers  from the other side of this world to control lands that have belonged to my ancestors for centuries I wanna try to drive them away."  He ends up in Falluja because he hears there's lots of people like him there. He gets wounded while trying to kill Marines who try to kill him, he gets shot in the head while lying on the ground without a weapon anywhere near.
Can you call this guy a terrorist?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Hannibal
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #359 on: November 18, 2004, 06:37:21 AM »

It's Abu Mosaab al Zarqawi (from Jordan as Matt said), and please note that he's not my beer buddy, so please don't call me a terrorist nervous

I respect and admire Margret's work in Iraq. When she was out there helping the Iraqi people to survive this craziness, we were safe behind our computers trying to decide who's right and who's wrong, but she's gone now like millions of civilians who just happen to be there at the wrong time and the wrong place.

I agree that most of those who cut throats and take civilians as hostages are non Iraqis, but where were they 2 years ago? why didn't they start operating in Iraq when Saddam was in charge? although the radical Islamists are not exactly fans of Saddam's by the way! so I agree with the French president when he stated that today's world is not safer after this so-called war.

It's a crazy place over there, and I beg everyone to just leave Iraq and go home. Let the Iraqis be in charge for a change! even those who are "really" trying to help, since obviously the Americans can't protect them, then they should call it off and go back to their loved ones. I understand that some people have to be there to help the civilians, but if they can't be safe anymore, then leave the pro soldiers deal with it, because they are there on their own risk.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: