Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 174626 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #980 on: October 26, 2005, 10:48:01 PM »

NO FUCKING WAY. 2 000 IS A FUCKING LIE. ITS WAY MORE THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! CNN AND BBC AND MOST OTHER NEWS NETWORKS ARE 89% PROPOGANDA
Eighty-nine percent?  It always makes me laugh when people come up with figures such as "89" off the top of their head.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #981 on: October 27, 2005, 02:53:33 AM »

Actually that is incorrect.  The UN is one that passed resolution 1441 because it believed that Suddam had WMDs. 

Yes, but 1441 does not mean that the UN was for the war either.

Saddam had been defying resolutions for years, so the theory that we had to go in quick was not sound.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #982 on: October 27, 2005, 02:59:54 AM »

We have been witness to one of the biggest power grabs in US history with this Bush Cartel.  They are trying to take away rights and they keep giving millions to their corporate buddies at the expense of the tax payers.  The world opinion of us is at an all time low.  It is a mess but the Bush Cartel sees none of this because it does not fit into their world view.  They won't condemn torture.  Now we are rattling our sword at Syria and Iran.  How much more can this country take? 

The deck of cards is getting ready to fall. The people have had enough, and accountability is about to begin.

The 24 hour news channels are drooling over the annoucement on who will be charged from the White House. I think "soon" would be the word in this CIA leak case.

Surfrider
« Reply #983 on: October 27, 2005, 09:13:51 AM »

Actually that is incorrect.? The UN is one that passed resolution 1441 because it believed that Suddam had WMDs.?

Yes, but 1441 does not mean that the UN was for the war either.

Saddam had been defying resolutions for years, so the theory that we had to go in quick was not sound.
I'll agree with that.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »

Actually that is incorrect.? The UN is one that passed resolution 1441 because it believed that Suddam had WMDs.? After countries such as France and Russia said that they would veto any resolution the US attempted to pass to enforce 1441, the US decided to go to war.? There was never a vote on the war at the UN.

The Un agreed with searching Iraq and sending weapons inspectors into the country. They never approved of the war.
Surfrider
« Reply #985 on: October 27, 2005, 11:05:04 PM »

Actually that is incorrect.? The UN is one that passed resolution 1441 because it believed that Suddam had WMDs.? After countries such as France and Russia said that they would veto any resolution the US attempted to pass to enforce 1441, the US decided to go to war.? There was never a vote on the war at the UN.

The Un agreed with searching Iraq and sending weapons inspectors into the country. They never approved of the war.
Exactly my point.  But re-read your own post; that is not what you said.  You claimed they were against it from the beginning.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #986 on: October 28, 2005, 04:37:36 PM »

Exactly my point.? But re-read your own post; that is not what you said.? You claimed they were against it from the beginning.

The beginning of the war I meant, not the beginning of the inspections. I was refering to the war itself.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #987 on: October 28, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »

Irak was a mistake in the sense Iran is much more dangerous. Syria is also much more active to support terrorism than what was Irak.
The? good things about the Irak war were:
1) the expultion of saddam hussein from the power.
2) Democratic elections recently.

USA should leave irak, and hit iran and Syria. Iranian and Syrian political regims must be kicked out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 04:54:16 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Surfrider
« Reply #988 on: October 28, 2005, 11:12:40 PM »

Exactly my point.? But re-read your own post; that is not what you said.? You claimed they were against it from the beginning.

The beginning of the war I meant, not the beginning of the inspections. I was refering to the war itself.
How can you say that when they never voted on it? Why would France and Russia threaten a veto if there was such widespread disagreement with going to war?
RichardNixon
« Reply #989 on: October 28, 2005, 11:53:25 PM »

Yes. They let Bush get away with his war. But as Truman once said, "the buck stops here."
Its not that I don't blame Bush, but I fail to see people like you hold anyone else accountable.? I'll say it: Bush has been a failure, and we never should have waged this war.

Now lets hear you spread some blame to someone that isn't right-wing and part of the administration.

But that's who's to blame! Roll Eyes
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2005, 12:52:49 AM »

Here's the liberal reaction to the war.

http://www.zombietime.com/2000_iraq_deaths_party/
RichardNixon
« Reply #991 on: October 29, 2005, 07:24:48 AM »

That is not a general "liberal reaction" to the war. Every vigil/protest I have been to has been very somber. Nice try.

Btw, over half the country now believes it was a mistake to invade Iraq. So surely not everyone against the war is a liberal!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #992 on: October 29, 2005, 07:28:24 AM »

so these people are smiling. smiling is good.

gosh, you're wierd.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #993 on: October 29, 2005, 01:46:59 PM »

These people at this particular rally seem very happy. If the 2000 death toll makes you all giddy & warm inside, FUCK YOU!  rant

Whether you agree with the war are are vehimently against it, no American should be happy with this. These people are the lowest form of scum.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #994 on: October 29, 2005, 02:33:46 PM »

These people at this particular rally seem very happy. If the 2000 death toll makes you all giddy & warm inside, FUCK YOU!  rant

Whether you agree with the war are are vehimently against it, no American should be happy with this. These people are the lowest form of scum.

Spin spin spin

Desperate, gasping last breath of the neo con lies............

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #995 on: October 29, 2005, 03:18:08 PM »

These people at this particular rally seem very happy. If the 2000 death toll makes you all giddy & warm inside, FUCK YOU!? rant

Spin spin spin

What spin??  They are at a rally about 2000 dead american soldiers and they are smiling. When will you be throwing your dead soldiers party?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #996 on: October 29, 2005, 04:38:46 PM »

These people at this particular rally seem very happy. If the 2000 death toll makes you all giddy & warm inside, FUCK YOU!? rant

Spin spin spin

What spin??? They are at a rally about 2000 dead american soldiers and they are smiling. When will you be throwing your dead soldiers party?

I don't think anyone except of course anti-American extremists are actually happy because of this. It's just different people are angry for different reasons. I for one am disgusted at the ridiculious waste of people's lives that have resulted from a war built around lies. There is blood on Bush's hands.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #997 on: October 29, 2005, 08:16:44 PM »

What spin??  They are at a rally about 2000 dead american soldiers and they are smiling. When will you be throwing your dead soldiers party?

Taking probably hundreds of photographs and then picking out ones where people are smiling is generally called spin...youll be amazed at how often people smile...a lot of them look like they are making a smile for the camera which is a natural reaction for many people...you cant just take photographs and make assumptions about what they were saying or doing at a particular moment in time...

take the 4th picture down...the woman is smiling at something outside the picture...she could have been looking at a baby in a cot...but you dont know that do you? you know nothing about what went on...

also notice that many of the photos are different sizes which means theyve been cropped suggesting that some things may have been removed to change the meaning of the pictures

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #998 on: October 30, 2005, 01:20:11 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/23/wirq23.xml

Highlights:

? Forty-five per cent of Iraqis believe attacks against British and American troops are justified - rising to 65 per cent in the British-controlled Maysan province;

? 82 per cent are "strongly opposed" to the presence of coalition troops;

? less than one per cent of the population believes coalition forces are responsible for any improvement in security;

? 67 per cent of Iraqis feel less secure because of the occupation;

? 43 per cent of Iraqis believe conditions for peace and stability have worsened;

? 72 per cent do not have confidence in the multi-national forces.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #999 on: October 30, 2005, 01:30:13 PM »

Read that a few weeks back

Tempted to say just pull the troops out and let the genocide commence - they would soon be begging for the troops to come back!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: