Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?  (Read 14677 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »

If you listen to the lyrics in CD though there are only like 2 references to China. I'm not saying Axl has no interest in Chinese culture or the politics but I always thought the title and song chinese democracy were just one big metaphor for the album itself.
The lyrics to the song definately seem to be more about the album CD than actual Democracy in China, when Axl sings 'It would take a lot more time than you, have got for masturbation', I always thought that was Axl's way of answering critics who always ask 'How long is this fucking album gonna take?'. Again when Axl sings 'It don't really matter, guess i'll keep this to myself/leave this thing to somebody else', I took that as 'Fuck you (To the haters) I don't have to release this album, I'll keep this shit to myself and leave making music to the other bands out now'. HAve I completely misinterpreted these lyrics or does anyone agree?
You hit the nail on the head, and so have several others whenever this topic becomes a thread. Chinese Democracy has nothing to do with China. The sooner that people realize that, the better.

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 10:49:16 PM »

If you listen to the lyrics in CD though there are only like 2 references to China. I'm not saying Axl has no interest in Chinese culture or the politics but I always thought the title and song chinese democracy were just one big metaphor for the album itself.
The lyrics to the song definately seem to be more about the album CD than actual Democracy in China, when Axl sings 'It would take a lot more time than you, have got for masturbation', I always thought that was Axl's way of answering critics who always ask 'How long is this fucking album gonna take?'. Again when Axl sings 'It don't really matter, guess i'll keep this to myself/leave this thing to somebody else', I took that as 'Fuck you (To the haters) I don't have to release this album, I'll keep this shit to myself and leave making music to the other bands out now'. HAve I completely misinterpreted these lyrics or does anyone agree?
You hit the nail on the head, and so have several others whenever this topic becomes a thread. Chinese Democracy has nothing to do with China. The sooner that people realize that, the better.

Oh really? Why did gnr show Chinese?s stuff when you see their concerts then? even Axl gets very inspirited when they play the chinese democracy song....sorry I?m not a fool to believe your empty arguments  !!!  rant
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 10:52:21 PM »

Oh really? Why did gnr show Chinese?s stuff when you see their concerts then? even Axl gets very inspirited when they play the chinese democracy song....sorry I?m not a fool to believe your empty arguments? !!!? rant
There is other threads about this same topic. Go read those and you will find the answers you seek. Next time, when you use the term 'empty argument', say it to a mirror.

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 10:58:36 PM »

Oh really? Why did gnr show Chinese?s stuff when you see their concerts then? even Axl gets very inspirited when they play the chinese democracy song....sorry I?m not a fool to believe your empty arguments? !!!? rant
There is other threads about this same topic. Go read those and you will find the answers you seek. Next time, when you use the term 'empty argument', say it to a mirror.

hihi you're the one to say it to a mirror cuz you don't answer what wrote up there yet!!! ... something tells me you're disagree cuz Axl loves china for a weird reason, it isn't?  Shocked
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 11:21:17 PM »

Guess what, these are all opinions. ?The song is not 100% about China. ?However, if you think he's not referencing China, you're crazy. ?These are some lyrics that should lead you to the same conclusion, with links to educate, please read them:

Sitting in a Chinese stew...
I know that I'm a classic case
Watch my disenchanted face
Blame it on the Falun Gong ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong
They see the hand and you can't hold on, now

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To stop the fascination
Even with an iron fist
All they've got to rule the nation
But all I got is precious time

(an oppressive government hates the subversive Falun Gong beliefs, and the Dalai Lama's potential influence over China's people. ?The government and army have the power of the iron fist, to rule the nation, and to even displace the revered Dalai Lama...but no iron fist rule lasts forever, and precious time is more valuable.)

It don't really matter
Guess I'll keep it to myself
No, it don't really matter
I guess you'll leave this thing to somebody else

(first line sarcastic, 2nd line "I'll shut the fuck up because who wants to hear about Tibet being illegally occupied, and its spiritual leader wrongfully exiled," 3rd line sarcastic again, and the 4th line, "Maybe somebody else will take care of this mess, let's just hide it and not think about it.")

You think you've got it all locked up inside
And if you beat 'em enough they'll die
It's like a walk in a park from a cell
And now you're keeping you're own kind in hell
And if you're Great Wall rocks blame your self
While they all reach out for you hand/help?
And we're out of time...

(1st line, China feels it has everything secured, and 2nd line, "We can stamp this subversiveness out," 3rd line is awesome, "It's like a walk in a park from a cell," you think you're free but you're truly in jail, in this case China's citizens. ?4th line, you know? ?I have never heard a song that is "totally not about China" mentioning the Great Wall! ?"If the Great Wall rocks, blame yourself," is meant toward Red China as kind of a, "dude, eventually karma will bite you in the ass. ?When the system falls, and people recognize the wrongs the government was responsible for, what then?)

JamesLofton and co., I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but surely you must find some merit to my surface interpretation? ?You can go deeper by comparing the struggles and frustration of the Chinese and the Tibetans with the struggles and frustration Axl and co. may be feeling or may have felt when writing this diddy. ? peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 11:32:24 PM »

Guess what, these are all opinions. ?The song is not 100% about China. ?However, if you think he's not referencing China, you're crazy. ?These are some lyrics that should lead you to the same conclusion, with links to educate, please read them:

Sitting in a Chinese stew...
I know that I'm a classic case
Watch my disenchanted face
Blame it on the Falun Gong ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong
They see the hand and you can't hold on, now

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To stop the fascination
Even with an iron fist
All they've got to rule the nation
But all I got is precious time

(an oppressive government hates the subversive Falun Gong beliefs, and the Dalai Lama's potential influence over China's people. ?The government and army have the power of the iron fist, to rule the nation, and to even displace the revered Dalai Lama...but no iron fist rule lasts forever, and precious time is more valuable.)

It don't really matter
Guess I'll keep it to myself
No, it don't really matter
I guess you'll leave this thing to somebody else

(first line sarcastic, 2nd line "I'll shut the fuck up because who wants to hear about Tibet being illegally occupied, and its spiritual leader wrongfully exiled," 3rd line sarcastic again, and the 4th line, "Maybe somebody else will take care of this mess, let's just hide it and not think about it.")

You think you've got it all locked up inside
And if you beat 'em enough they'll die
It's like a walk in a park from a cell
And now you're keeping you're own kind in hell
And if you're Great Wall rocks blame your self
While they all reach out for you hand/help?
And we're out of time...

(1st line, China feels it has everything secured, and 2nd line, "We can stamp this subversiveness out," 3rd line is awesome, "It's like a walk in a park from a cell," you think you're free but you're truly in jail, in this case China's citizens. ?4th line, you know? ?I have never heard a song that is "totally not about China" mentioning the Great Wall! ?"If the Great Wall rocks, blame yourself," is meant toward Red China as kind of a, "dude, eventually karma will bite you in the ass. ?When the system falls, and people recognize the wrongs the government was responsible for, what then?)

JamesLofton and co., I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but surely you must find some merit to my surface interpretation? ?You can go deeper by comparing the struggles and frustration of the Chinese and the Tibetans with the struggles and frustration Axl and co. may be feeling or may have felt when writing this diddy. ? peace

Cool interpretation, but I think you're wrong. His use of Chinese Stew is a veiled reference at us and other forums. The Falun Gong thing is basically a veiled joke. Fans have blamed just about everyone for why this album hasn't been released. So since it is titled CD, we might as well 'blame it on the Falun Gong. The only reason you see mentions of China in the song is because it is in the album title. Take out the few Chinese references, your interpretation(and others) makes no sense and you would be commited to an insane asylum for believing it is about China.  ok

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 11:46:04 PM »

I have never heard a song that is "totally not about China" mentioning the Great Wall! ?"

As I stated in my first post the song does indeed have a few references to China, however I always saw these as a cover up and metaphors for what the song is really about...The album!

Does anyone really think Madagascar is about an island??!! I can go into my interpretation of those lyrics too but maybe we should save that for another topic  hihi

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 11:50:09 PM »

I have never heard a song that is "totally not about China" mentioning the Great Wall! ?"

As I stated in my first post the song does indeed have a few references to China, however I always saw these as a cover up and metaphors for what the song is really about...The album!

Does anyone really think Madagascar is about an island??!! I can go into my interpretation of those lyrics too but maybe we should save that for another topic? hihi
100% correct. Its all metaphors, which should make for an interesting album. His use of the title 'Catcher in the Rye' could lead into several different directions. ok

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 11:59:47 PM »

A veiled reference to the fans? ?James, I think I just linked 75% of the song to China, the struggles of the Tibetan people, and left it open at the end for everyone to apply the linkages to Axl and co.'s personal struggles and how they could identify with the theme of oppression. ?

I'd love to hear some feedback on my interpretation of CD. ?Seriously, is it crazier to think the song is about China rather than Axl using it as a platform to take pot-shots at what remaining fans he has left? ?I can just see it now, "Well, I just watched this cool movie about the Dalai Lama gettin' forced out of his homeland by the Chinese army, called Kundun...I think I'll write a song called Chinese Democracy...and in this song, I'll take pot-shots at those internet guys!" ?Seriously, do you think Axl is so shallow he'd concern himself with "album-delay" themes over more universal themes like injustice, suffering, fear, pain, frustration, indignation, etc.Huh

Someone else please chime in on this.

Sincerely,
Axl4Prez2004 ?peace

PS  I just saw the Maddy reference, and please don't imply that I said Maddy is about the island off the coast of southern Africa...because it isn't.  Yes, there was a thread about this title as well, and I stated my opinion on this...I believe I compared Maddy to Kashmir by Zeppelin.  The name and place conjure up emotions, separation, loneliness, turmoil, etc.
Please, specifically, check out the interpretation and go in with an open mind.  I think GNFNR_UK and JamesLofton are missing the boat here, sorry.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 12:05:37 AM »

Does anyone really think Madagascar is about an island??!! I can go into my interpretation of those lyrics too but maybe we should save that for another topic? hihi

rant ?If the fucking song isn't 'bout that country why did they show real videos of violence in china at rock in rio where that people appear so fucking angry n' hungry too? did you really see gnr at rock in rio 2001? ?Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 01:24:29 AM »

A veiled reference to the fans? ?James, I think I just linked 75% of the song to China, the struggles of the Tibetan people, and left it open at the end for everyone to apply the linkages to Axl and co.'s personal struggles and how they could identify with the theme of oppression. ?

I'd love to hear some feedback on my interpretation of CD. ?Seriously, is it crazier to think the song is about China rather than Axl using it as a platform to take pot-shots at what remaining fans he has left? ?I can just see it now, "Well, I just watched this cool movie about the Dalai Lama gettin' forced out of his homeland by the Chinese army, called Kundun...I think I'll write a song called Chinese Democracy...and in this song, I'll take pot-shots at those internet guys!" ?Seriously, do you think Axl is so shallow he'd concern himself with "album-delay" themes over more universal themes like injustice, suffering, fear, pain, frustration, indignation, etc.Huh

Sincerely,
Axl4Prez2004 ?peace

PS? I just saw the Maddy reference, and please don't imply that I said Maddy is about the island off the coast of southern Africa...because it isn't.? Yes, there was a thread about this title as well, and I stated my opinion on this...I believe I compared Maddy to Kashmir by Zeppelin.? The name and place conjure up emotions, separation, loneliness, turmoil, etc.
Please, specifically, check out the interpretation and go in with an open mind.? I think GNFNR_UK and JamesLofton are missing the boat here, sorry.? ?peace
I've looked at this with an open mind. When I first heard about this song, I also figured it was about China. But when listening to it, it quickly becomes obvious that its not. According to your logic, not only is Madagascar about the island, Riyadh is also about Saudi Arabia, and IRS is about Axl being pissed about paying his taxes. You and several others here take everything literally. Is November Rain about Axl standing in the rain in November? Is 'Jungle' about being in a real jungle? This sort of logic gets you nowhere, and could go on forever. Its clear that its a metaphoric description about him, his album, and his jaded fanbase. ok

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »

Sincerely,
Axl4Prez2004 ?peace

PS? I just saw the Maddy reference, and please don't imply that I said Maddy is about the island off the coast of southern Africa...because it isn't.? Yes, there was a thread about this title as well, and I stated my opinion on this...I believe I compared Maddy to Kashmir by Zeppelin.? The name and place conjure up emotions, separation, loneliness, turmoil, etc.
Please, specifically, check out the interpretation and go in with an open mind.? I think GNFNR_UK and JamesLofton are missing the boat here, sorry.? ?peace
I've looked at this with an open mind. When I first heard about this song, I also figured it was about China. But when listening to it, it quickly becomes obvious that its not. According to your logic, not only is Madagascar about the island, Riyadh is also about Saudi Arabia, and IRS is about Axl being pissed about paying his taxes. You and several others here take everything literally. Is November Rain about Axl standing in the rain in November? Is 'Jungle' about being in a real jungle? This sort of logic gets you nowhere, and could go on forever. Its clear that its a metaphoric description about him, his album, and his jaded fanbase. ok

Roll Eyes why did they show real videos of violence in china at rock in rio? did you really see gnr at rock in rio 2001?    nervous
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 02:01:08 AM »

Sincerely,
Axl4Prez2004 ?peace

Roll Eyes why did they show real videos of violence in china at rock in rio? did you really see gnr at rock in rio 2001?? ? nervous
To please the section of the fanbase that takes everything literally. confused

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 02:08:09 AM »

rant ?If the fucking song isn't 'bout that country why did they show real videos of violence in china at rock in rio where that people appear so fucking angry n' hungry too?

So that people like you and Axl4Prez will go looking for deeper meanings to the song, going over the lyrics with a fine toothcombe whilst missing what is right before your very eyes! Axl has written the lyrics so they can be taken in many ways but my belief is that they are about the album.

Also I don't think he's 'taking pot shots at the internet guys' alone. I think it's directed at everyone who lost faith in him, all the people who have made a joke at how long it's took Axl to do this, we know the media have said a lot of shit about him, and so have ex band members and so called fans. I think it's directed at all of them.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 02:17:50 AM »

rant ?If the fucking song isn't 'bout that country why did they show real videos of violence in china at rock in rio where that people appear so fucking angry n' hungry too?

So that people like you and Axl4Prez will go looking for deeper meanings to the song, going over the lyrics with a fine toothcombe whilst missing what is right before your very eyes! Axl has written the lyrics so they can be taken in many ways but my belief is that they are about the album.

Also I don't think he's 'taking pot shots at the internet guys' alone. I think it's directed at everyone who lost faith in him, all the people who have made a joke at how long it's took Axl to do this, we know the media have said a lot of shit about him, and so have ex band members and so called fans. I think it's directed at all of them.

Good point! beer

shaun
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 05:02:08 AM »

Maybe [he did] over 10 year ago  Grin

China is a changing place, so maybe the title 'chinese democracy' is not so meaningful in the here and now 2005 - 2006 in 4 weeks time  Grin
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 06:56:13 AM »

china is everywhere nowadays
schools wanna send you to china
students learn chinese
companies go to china

it's all about china
i'm so sick of it. Smiley

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 09:41:04 AM »

this guy axl4prez2004... tries to create deep meanings about the most clear things ever... even after he can see an interview of axl saying that he just liked the name... but the album doesnt have anypolitical stuff...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Evolution
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 10:45:38 AM »

This has been said a million times before, but in keeping with the "boards being the Falun Gong" thing, a GITR style rant about posters on here would be so funny hihi
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 01:19:36 PM »

Sincerely,
Axl4Prez2004 ?peace

Roll Eyes why did they show real videos of violence in china at rock in rio? did you really see gnr at rock in rio 2001?? ? nervous
To please the section of the fanbase that takes everything literally . confused

Axl wears like a chinese guy, he uses Chinese?s stuff to performance at gnr shows, writes songs 'bout repression n? hungry in china but there are other blind persons that can't understand YET what Axl tries to mean, ? someday we gonna read here that Axl wanna dance with Destiny Child too   Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: