Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?  (Read 14665 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2005, 04:49:02 PM »

In Vegas Axl talked about why he named the album Chinese Democracy. House of Blues, 2001. I have the audio somewhere. He said he watched the movie before coming to Vegas. CD has nothing to do with pro or con China, it relates to a feeling of oppression. He said something along the lines of ... " China is the most powerful government in the world, and also the most oppressive"... someone help me out here??

THANK YOU!!! ?Yes, I've said this all the way through my posts already. ?However, when you call it "oppression" and not "control for the benefit of our comrades," it actually IS a statement more con than pro. ?Like I said, Axl isn't going to pull a Bono and lobby governments to recognize the true leader of Tibet, but he WILL reflect his understanding of pain, struggle, and oppression of the Tibetan people by the Chinese Army.

Also, I'd love to hear the exact quotes...I just know there are hardcore Gunners here who have this info.

Thanks, ?beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
godiva
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2005, 04:51:33 PM »

Well, I just joined, but I've been a GNR fan for well..... centuries. I have the audio, so as soon as i figured out how to use yousendit I can upload it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2005, 04:57:16 PM »

Well, I just joined, but I've been a GNR fan for well..... centuries. I have the audio, so as soon as i figured out how to use yousendit I can upload it.

Godiva,  thanks. BTW, your chocolate is great.  hihi
I have HOB tracks, but I don't know if I've got the parts with Axl talking, I'll check it out tonight. 
  Also, welcome to the board!  Jarmo runs a great site here.  The wait for this album is bodering on the surreal.  beer
-Axl4Prez2004  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2005, 04:58:06 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

Oh ok   Undecided  , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!  hihi 
Are you jealousy, Ven? Do you think he should care more about Venezuela?
LOL :haha:

when GNR played in Venezuela in 1992 he said: I wish I was a Venezuelan citizen cuz this country is full of petroleum so you already know that petroleum means : TOO MUCH MONEY FOREVER N' EVER FOR SURE!!!

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?  Roll Eyes

if axlroseven lived in the US he would be called a redneck, a hick, etc
I guess he's just a peasant? campesino

r ya a chinese guy? sorry but I?m not blame if your country doesn't have petroleum!, Axl might care 'bout ya the next time when he writes a song called : i love my poor fans like i love my poor ones!!!! ...maybe this track shall be included into another gnr's album called : poor countries have gnr fans too!!! ...that's why he named the new album Chinese Democracy!!!  yes

Sorry to burst your bubble but Venezuela is a thirld world country, and having petroleum doesnt make a country rich, it depends on the just distribution of its benefits. Something Chavez is doing fairly well, thank god not all people from Venezuela are as retarded as you.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2005, 05:04:06 PM »

you call Axl : LIAR but he's a rock star who loves his fans.....i mean he always says the truth to us all so to please the crowd he doesn't need to tell fucking lies at all .....which's ur country? if your people had the money ' chance to see gnr over there maybe Axl said shocking truths to y'all there hihi ... Cry n' please remember to show some fucking respect to CHINA, they're poors but they're human beings too yes
Sorry, what the hell are you talkin' about?
BTW, I'm from Brasil, so what's your point?

ARV, have you ever read a post you reply to?
Don't think so, ppbebe... no
oh I?m really sorry!!!! Embarrassed ... I thought you were from Cuba cuz you love the communists too much !!!
Do I? hihi  rofl
Dude, get a clue and stop with this stuff with your country. BTW, please try to read the posts, it's not that hard.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2005, 05:15:09 PM »

Plz do thanks godiva.

mean while I write the contents of the speech here.

"This uh, this next song is um...something new. You know, right before I came here...when I left LA...and the movie Kundun was on about the Dali Lama. I kinda like the idea that we?re playing the House of Blues cause its kinda associated with that. That came about, I was at the House of Blues in Chicago and Vegas called and "Do you want to do a warm-up gig for Rio at the House of Blues?" "Sure." So...you know I was, I was getting ready to, to leave, you know the TV was on and it was the end of the movie, and the Dali Lama is about to cross over the border, to you know, be in exile for the rest of his life from his own country. And he looks back at uh, at the men who helped him, and you know he?s escaped the Chinese government. And he, and he looks back at them and he waves and they wave at him and then they show a scene where he looks back at them again and he sees everyone of them dead. Because he knew they would be killed, they knew that in helping him they would be killed. And uh, you know the emotion, in this next song its, that?s all that?s about it. It?s not like an intelligent song; it doesn?t have the answer to anything. But it?s the title track of the record, which...God knowingly we will finish! And its not necessarily pro or con about China, its just that right now China symbolizes one of the strongest, yet most the oppressive, countries and, governments in the word. And we are fortunate to live in a free country. And so in thinking about that it just kinda upset me, and we wrote this little song called "Chinese Democracy."

Ppbebe,
 I like your posts,

Yo thanks a lot, Axl4Prez2004. Cheesy
I'll post a reply to your post later. getting interesting innit? I like having good discussions with nice people.  yes
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2005, 05:45:28 PM »

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

Oh ok? ?Undecided? , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!? hihi?

when GNR played in Venezuela in 1992 he said: I wish I was a Venezuelan citizen cuz this country is full of petroleum so you already know that petroleum means : TOO MUCH MONEY FOREVER N' EVER FOR SURE!!!

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?? Roll Eyes

r ya a chinese guy? sorry but I?m not blame if your country doesn't have petroleum!, Axl might care 'bout ya the next time when he writes a song called : i love my poor fans like i love my poor ones!!!! ...maybe this track shall be included into another gnr's album called : poor countries have gnr fans too!!! ...that's why he named the new album Chinese Democracy!!!? yes

Sorry to burst your bubble but Venezuela is a thirld world country, and having petroleum doesnt make a country rich, it depends on the just distribution of its benefits. Something Chavez is doing fairly well, thank god not all people from Venezuela are as retarded as you.

Venezuela ISN'T a third world country, let me teach you some economy n' geography: the most richest countries of Latin America are:  Mexico, Venezuela, Puerto Rico (a Hispanic state of E.E.U.U) , Brazil, Chile, Argentina, other countries in Latin America do belong to the third world....for some reason famous bands play in Venezuela ALWAYS, other countries don't have money to buy these kind of shows, every intelligent man knows Chavez sucks, he?ll be outta Venezuela soon

...China belongs to the thirld world country, i hope you knew that before   Roll Eyes  

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2005, 05:57:43 PM »

Oh ok   Undecided  , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!  hihi 

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?  Roll Eyes

r ya a chinese guy? sorry but I?m not blame if your country doesn't have petroleum!, Axl might care 'bout ya the next time when he writes a song called : i love my poor fans like i love my poor ones!!!! ...maybe this track shall be included into another gnr's album called : poor countries have gnr fans too!!! ...that's why he named the new album Chinese Democracy!!!  yes

Venezuela ISN'T a third world country, let me teach you some economy n' geography: the most richest countries of Latin America are:  Mexico, Venezuela, Puerto Rico (a Hispanic state of E.E.U.U) , Brazil, Chile, Argentina, other countries in Latin America do belong to the third world....for some reason famous bands play in Venezuela ALWAYS, other countries don't have money to buy these kind of shows, every intelligent man knows Chavez sucks, he?ll be outta Venezuela soon

...China belongs to the thirld world country, i hope you knew that before   Roll Eyes  

sorry dude, all the countries you just mentioned are third world countries -Chile is in good shape though- Love them all but I know them all better than you it seems, in Argentina people go into a macdonalds with rocks n sticks to steal hamburgers because they are starving to death, doctors flee to Spain and work cleaning toilets , Brazil's PIB might be impressive but the gap between the rich and the poor is brutal, Mexico ? Last time I went to Cancun the waiter told me he was making ONE dollar a day ! As for Chavez being out of Venezuela soon ? Do you even know your own country ?

"Opposition boycott gives Chavez chance to bolster power
AFP via Yahoo! News - Dec 02 3:43 PM
A fifth opposition party has withdrawn from Venezuela's legislative election scheduled for Sunday which is set to strengthen President Hugo Chavez' controversial grip on power ."

Ignorance is a bliss for some.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
godiva
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2005, 06:03:02 PM »

PPbebe, thanks for that transcript. Hopefully i have more time tomorrow to upload that audio. Nice to see it in writing though. Thanks beer
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »

PPbebe, thanks for that transcript. Hopefully i have more time tomorrow to upload that audio. Nice to see it in writing though. Thanks beer

I agree totally. That was the speech i was thinking of when I first replied to this thread. I knew the jist of it just didn't know the movie name. Thanks ppbebe ok

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2005, 08:26:33 PM »

Oh ok? ?Undecided? , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!? hihi?

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?? Roll Eyes

r ya a chinese guy? sorry but I?m not blame if your country doesn't have petroleum!, Axl might care 'bout ya the next time when he writes a song called : i love my poor fans like i love my poor ones!!!! ...maybe this track shall be included into another gnr's album called : poor countries have gnr fans too!!! ...that's why he named the new album Chinese Democracy!!!? yes

Venezuela ISN'T a third world country, let me teach you some economy n' geography: the most richest countries of Latin America are:? Mexico, Venezuela, Puerto Rico (a Hispanic state of E.E.U.U) , Brazil, Chile, Argentina, other countries in Latin America do belong to the third world....for some reason famous bands play in Venezuela ALWAYS, other countries don't have money to buy these kind of shows, every intelligent man knows Chavez sucks, he?ll be outta Venezuela soon

...China belongs to the thirld world country, i hope you knew that before? ?Roll Eyes ?

sorry dude, all the countries you just mentioned are third world countries -Chile is in good shape though- Love them all but I know them all better than you it seems, in Argentina people go into a macdonalds with rocks n sticks to steal hamburgers because they are starving to death, doctors flee to Spain and work cleaning toilets , Brazil's PIB might be impressive but the gap between the rich and the poor is brutal, Mexico ? Last time I went to Cancun the waiter told me he was making ONE dollar a day ! As for Chavez being out of Venezuela soon ? Do you even know your own country ?

"Opposition boycott gives Chavez chance to bolster power
AFP via Yahoo! News - Dec 02 3:43 PM
A fifth opposition party has withdrawn from Venezuela's legislative election scheduled for Sunday which is set to strengthen President Hugo Chavez' controversial grip on power ."

Ignorance is a bliss for some.

The thing is you judge us while you don't say your country is full of shit too, what 'bout that gnr's album called 'LIES-sex, drugs n' violence, the shocking truth'? gnr belongs to the u.s.a so they don't speak fine 'bout their country like a cute story of Disney, what 'bout all those murders in N.Y city everyday all cuz of crime? What 'bout all those rapists who rape n' kill people in Europe? What ?bout the crazy violence that France is living these days all cuz of illegal immigrants who wanna rule the country? What 'bout all those drug addicts in Japan who can't go to university cuz they won't be accepted there anymore?

smoking? ? don?t ya think you should analyze before openin' your mouth then?? Roll Eyes what u'll say next? ...that you live in another planet where everything is magic like a beautiful dream?? rofl? ?...A fifth opposition party did a trick to Venezuela's legislative election cuz they know Chavez makes dirty trick to win elections always while most Venezuelans hate him like smellin' a dirty toilet so please try n' learn more 'bout economy n' geography before speakin' ridiculous topics, Axl does know 'bout politic stuff more than you,.... that's whyChina is a place for u to be for sure !!!!? hihi ? ?

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:53:30 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »

People, the history / geography / sociology class is OVER. Put this thread back on track or it's getting a lock. We're not in the Jungle dammit.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2005, 09:59:32 PM »

...? ?smoking? ok, I know other persons have posted something like these lines before but I?m so sure other ones haven't had the chance to read this to express their own opinions!!!!...so the thing is:

1)Why did Axl come back to the show business speakin? 'bout a rare country like CHINA after all this fucking time?
2)Why does Axl feel a special sentiment 'bout the Chinese culture these days when he didn't give a damn 'bout the Chinese people from the start?
3)Although Axl didn't say a word ?bout CHINA for a weird reason the guy?s been attracted by that culture a long long time ago?

?well folks you might have the right answer ?.so let us know then!!!! ? Grin

he was watching a documentary on PBS about the bathhouses they had there in the 1970s and he felt like wanted to cure the aids and since ashley judd already took over helping India and Bono took over helping africa, axl think maybe he needs to help china, plus too....I heard he really loves chicken chow mein !!!!

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2005, 10:48:43 PM »

...? ?smoking? ok, I know other persons have posted something like these lines before but I?m so sure other ones haven't had the chance to read this to express their own opinions!!!!...so the thing is:

1)Why did Axl come back to the show business speakin? 'bout a rare country like CHINA after all this fucking time?
2)Why does Axl feel a special sentiment 'bout the Chinese culture these days when he didn't give a damn 'bout the Chinese people from the start?
3)Although Axl didn't say a word ?bout CHINA for a weird reason the guy?s been attracted by that culture a long long time ago?

?well folks you might have the right answer ?.so let us know then!!!! ? Grin

he was watching a documentary on PBS about the bathhouses they had there in the 1970s and he felt like wanted to cure the aids and since ashley judd already took over helping India and Bono took over helping africa, axl think maybe he needs to help china, plus too....I heard he really loves chicken chow mein !!!!

maybe he does but i'm so sure that Axl thinks he was a chinese guy in a past life, he believes in reincarnation  smoking , that's why he's been usin' chinese's stuff since he came back in 2001!!!!
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2005, 11:57:22 PM »

"It dont really matter. Gonna find out for yourselves. No it dont really matter. Gonna leave this thing to somebody else."?

written by Jabba  peace
godiva
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2005, 01:47:26 AM »

I hope this works. First time I used yousendit. Enjoy!

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HIKAXP7AHQ3339DRWQXZIJVJ0

MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2005, 02:10:42 AM »

mmm yes I think he was mongolian in his past life and he was an alchemist or worked at a poison factory, but hes on a strict  diet right now and he can only eat chicken chow mein and also egg flower soup...he drinks lotus flower tea and rose hip tea ( according to a psychic)....plus too hes addicted....thats right ADDICTED to Inscence (aroma therapy)....sometimes the housekeeper catches a glimpse of axl and the Inscence....then he roughly shouts Im Meditating about CHINA do you mind my privacy maam?!? and she scurries away....

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
badapple81
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2005, 02:34:38 AM »

I like the way jameslofton tells us the sooner we realise the better.. as if his opinion is the right one without doubt.

Listen to the HOB explanation.. Axl even says that something along the lines of that there is no special meaning or intelligence to the song (something like that). Straight from the horses mouth.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2005, 06:07:00 AM »

...   smoking  ok, I know other persons have posted something like these lines before but I?m so sure other ones haven't had the chance to read this to express their own opinions!!!!...so the thing is:

?well folks you might have the right answer ?.so let us know then!!!!   Grin

maybe he does but i'm so sure that Axl thinks he was a chinese guy in a past life, he believes in reincarnation  smoking , that's why he's been usin' chinese's stuff since he came back in 2001!!!!

Ven ya big fool, Chow Mein is a dish created by the American Army during the Vietnam War. Is he gonna change the album title to 'Vietnamese Democracy'? rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2005, 06:52:48 AM »

i hope it will be called American Democracy, i think they need it at the moment.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: