Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?  (Read 14666 times)
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2005, 01:27:49 PM »

who cares it dont have to be a life time fasination about sumtin to say that so why speculate for nothin
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 01:43:59 PM »

who cares it dont have to be a life time fasination about sumtin to say that so why speculate for nothin
This has been said a million times before, but in keeping with the "boards being the Falun Gong" thing, a GITR style rant about posters on here would be so funny hihi

Axl wanna help the chinese people to lead a better life soon but all you do is laugh at that poor country,...  no  ...oh fuck!!!!   Cry
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2005, 02:04:09 PM »

This has been said a million times before, but in keeping with the "boards being the Falun Gong" thing, a GITR style rant about posters on here would be so funny hihi

Axl wanna help the chinese people to lead a better life soon but all you do is laugh at that poor country,...  no  ...oh fuck!!!!   Cry

China ain't poor. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »

It's because he's a communist

Don't you know?

time to revive the House of Unamerican Activities

T.T.
?.?.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2005, 03:42:57 PM »

China ain't poor. ok

I think that's True in a sense. Doesn't it amaze you that people are so poorly informed about foreign countries.

in keeping with the "boards being the Falun Gong" thing,

As you know, a paranoiac ego tripper tends to think everyone is talking about her or him. hihi

Axl4Prez2004, that's an educated interpretation and interesting, however, I don't agree that it's really about the country, lets alone GNR fans.

As D0badog mentioned, China is changing more than you'd imagine. I hear It's more like a capitalistic communist nation at the moment.

The song expresses the mental state of the oppressed. That may apply to any society with the relation of controlling power to the ruled, e.g., of parents to children. Changes are necessary to better the society but the oppressed are often in despair and apathetic.

The song ends leaving the fix as it is and sounds unfinished.
I expect to hear a piece that responds to this one.
Evolution
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 03:44:13 PM »

As you know, a paranoiac ego tripper tends to think everyone is talking about her or him. hihi

Ye know me too well  Cry
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 04:06:58 PM »

Ye know me too well  Cry
rofl rofl rofl
Good one!
Actually I didn't know that.
You managed to prove yourself to be the case as well as to testify the quote, right now.
Thank you!!!: ok:
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 04:27:54 PM »

Are you jealousy, Ven? Do you think he should care more about Venezuela?
LOL :haha:

when GNR played in Venezuela in 1992 he said: I wish I was a Venezuelan citizen cuz this country is full of petroleum so you already know that petroleum means : TOO MUCH MONEY FOREVER N' EVER FOR SURE!!!

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?  Roll Eyes
Yeah, right, whatever what he said - most likely to please the crowd - almost 14 years ago.

So, why do you care if Axl cares or not about China?  Roll Eyes

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 07:28:14 PM »

From Ppbebe:  Axl4Prez2004, that's an educated interpretation and interesting, however, I don't agree that it's really about the country, lets alone GNR fans.

As D0badog mentioned, China is changing more than you'd imagine. I hear It's more like a capitalistic communist nation at the moment.

1st off Ppbebe, thanks for actually taking the time to read my interpretation.  Cool 

I think in time, when Axl actually opens up and discusses the meanings of the songs, you'll find he sensed a connection between himself and another group of people half-way around the world who have had to put up with some of the same shit he has.(obviously on a much smaller scale)    As I said before, to those who feel I am taking things too literally, the song is not ALL about China.  The story of Kundun obviously hit Axl in a very personal way.  He wrote a song and named an album after watching the movie Kundun...and you STILL think it has nothing to do with China??  He could identify with these peoples' struggles, because he's had to deal with the same problems in his life, and that's that.   

2nd, Axlroseven makes a point...why the Chinese characters?  why the "repressed Chinese people" imagery in the 2002 Tour??

3rd, I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Axl's eyes as a child appear to be similar to those of a person with an East Asian background.  I figured with posts on Finck's hair, this would eventually come up.  hihi

-Axl4Prez2004  beer

PS  OOPs, I almost forgot, Ppbebe mentioned China is more like a capitalist communist nation at the moment.  Remember Ppbebe, all capitalism in China is tightly controlled by the state, and EVERYTHING, tv, radio, newspapers, textbooks, public speakers, is censored by the government.  Dissent is NOT tolerated.  The practice of falun gong is ILLEGAL and you are subject to imprisonment if found practicing or promoting this banned belief.  I'm surprised some folks think the Falun Gong were mentioned in this song for no good reason.  Especially with Axl's well-known belief in spirituality via his forrays into Arizona or New Mexico (I forgot which state yoda lives in) but anywhoo, you catch my drift??  There's a kinship between Axl and those who seek peace in their lives via spiritual outlets.  Whether consciously or subconsciously Axl picked up on this connection...and hence, the beginning of CHINESE DEMOCRACY!   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2005, 09:08:28 AM »

when GNR played in Venezuela in 1992 he said: I wish I was a Venezuelan citizen cuz this country is full of petroleum so you already know that petroleum means : TOO MUCH MONEY FOREVER N' EVER FOR SURE!!!

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?? Roll Eyes

yeah, right, whatever what he said - most likely to please the crowd - almost 14 years ago.

So, why do you care if Axl cares or not about China?? Roll Eyes

you call Axl : LIAR  but he's a rock star who loves his fans.....i mean he always says the truth to us all so to please the crowd he doesn't need to tell fucking lies at all .....which's ur country? if your people had the money ' chance to see gnr over there maybe Axl said shocking truths to y'all there  hihi  ...   Cry n' please remember to show some fucking respect to CHINA, they're poors but they're human beings too  yes

dirtyballs
Opening Act

Lives Forever!

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005, 11:00:53 AM »

you suck all cock on sesam street  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »

You tell him, dirtyballs

He wrote a song and named an album after watching the movie Kundun...

I think you've misread something. Undecided

2nd, Axlroseven makes a point...why the Chinese characters?  why the "repressed Chinese people" imagery in the 2002 Tour??

Which one?

3rd, I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Axl's eyes as a child appear to be similar to those of a person with an East Asian background.

hum I thought they were rather irish... Cool

PS  OOPs, I almost forgot, Ppbebe mentioned China is more like a capitalist communist nation at the moment.  Remember Ppbebe, all capitalism in China is tightly controlled by the state, and EVERYTHING, tv, radio, newspapers, textbooks, public speakers, is censored by the government.  Dissent is NOT tolerated.  The practice of falun gong is ILLEGAL and you are subject to imprisonment if found practicing or promoting this banned belief.

When was that? I don't know if all the above are still the same. many things are Probably so.

I saw a TV documentary about the tremendous gap between the rich and the poor in today's China. There are upstart young  IT billionaires in the cities while the majority of people live frugal life. (BTW, do we really know who is happier, rich or poor.) and There is an urgent need for the state to promote a nation's welfare.

I guess one government ruling the 1.3 billions consist of 5 peoples is basically unreasonable.

China is changing by itself for sure. Chinese Democracy is inevitable. peace
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005, 11:54:11 AM »

You tell him, dirtyballs

He wrote a song and named an album after watching the movie Kundun...

I think you've misread something. Undecided

? 2nd, Axlroseven makes a point...why the Chinese characters?? why the "repressed Chinese people" imagery in the 2002 Tour??

Which one?

? 3rd, I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Axl's eyes as a child appear to be similar to those of a person with an East Asian background.

hum I thought they were rather irish... Cool

PS? OOPs, I almost forgot, Ppbebe mentioned China is more like a capitalist communist nation at the moment.? Remember Ppbebe, all capitalism in China is tightly controlled by the state, and EVERYTHING, tv, radio, newspapers, textbooks, public speakers, is censored by the government.? Dissent is NOT tolerated.? The practice of falun gong is ILLEGAL and you are subject to imprisonment if found practicing or promoting this banned belief.

When was that? I don't know if all the above are still the same. many things are Probably so.

I saw a TV documentary about the tremendous gap between the rich and the poor in today's China. There are upstart young? IT billionaires in the cities while the majority of people live frugal life. (BTW, do we really know who is happier, rich or poor.) and There is an urgent need for the state to promote a nation's welfare.

I guess one government ruling the 1.3 billions consist of 5 peoples is basically unreasonable.

China is changing by itself for sure. Chinese Democracy is inevitable. peace

Our baby's got to rule the nation
when all i got is precious time
? ? nervous?

... I don't think China is close to live a democratic way like Venezuela, the u.s.a, U.K, Japan. etc, etc.... there's a scary reason behind it, that's why Axl wrote these amazing lines, this one?s to spit communists' eyes wildly !!!!? hihi
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 11:55:44 AM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005, 12:31:26 PM »

ARV, have you ever read a post you reply to?

By the way, your definition of the word "liar" is also wrong.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 02:53:42 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

Oh ok   Undecided  , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!  hihi 

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?  Roll Eyes

if axlroseven lived in the US he would be called a redneck, a hick, etc
I guess he's just a peasant? campesino

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 04:29:59 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

Oh ok? ?Undecided? , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!? hihi?

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then?? Roll Eyes

if axlroseven lived in the US he would be called a redneck, a hick, etc
I guess he's just a peasant? campesino

r ya a chinese guy? sorry but I?m not blame if your country doesn't have petroleum!, Axl might care 'bout ya the next time when he writes a song called : i love my poor fans like i love my poor ones!!!! ...maybe this track shall be included into another gnr's album called : poor countries have gnr fans too!!! ...that's why he named the new album Chinese Democracy!!!  yes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 04:32:42 PM »

Ppbebe,
 ?I like your posts, but keep in mind, the comment on Axl's narrow eyes as a kid was a joke. ?Your quote of my post chopped that out. ?Just clarifying. ?Wink

?Evolution had a good point. ?If China had nothing to do with the song/album, why not name it Cuban Democracy? ?I swear I read somewhere Axl was fascinated by the movie Kundun. ?It fits with the tone of alot of Axl's work. ?A peaceful Dalai Lama is forced out of his nation by the iron fist of a cold oppressive force, the Chinese Army. (out ta Get Me, Maddy, etc.) ?Axl likes his freedom. ?The Chinese government stripped the people of their freedom. ?If the title CHINESE DEMOCRACY was created before 1996-1997, I might humbly withdraw my interpretation of the song and ideas on the album.

?Ppbebe, did you see GNR live on the Chinese Democracy tour in 2002? ?Repeatedly, most notably during Madagascar and Chinese Democracy I believe, images of Red Chinese army brutality were flashed on the big screen behind the performers. ?These atrocities, along with those carried out by American police, National Guard, etc. in the southern United States during the 1960's race riots, were shown. ?(possibly some empty concentration camp shots as well?) ?Also, do you honestly think Axl has no connection whatsoever through the spiritual community to East Asia? ?I'll bet you $1000 Axl has gotten into meditation. ?Nobody's argued Axl's connection to what is considered in the U.S. to be "alternative" spirituality. ?I remember doing a search for Madagascar once and saw that there is a type of music called trance music with one of the big trance songs called Madagascar. ?Just a random thought/connection there.

? ?Also, wasn't the Tiananmen Square massacre more than 15 years ago? ?When the idea of governmental reform is approached, their government is not too happy. ?There was an excellent story on China's growing pains on 60 Minutes recently, it was most interesting. ?There is no free flow of information in China. ?There could never be an equivalent of Axl Rose in China. ?After his 1st or 2nd show, he'd be thrown in jail, and you'd never hear of or from him again.

?I'm shocked that nobody on this board sees what I see here. ?Maybe when Axl finally speaks about this album, I'll be vindicated. ?Will anyone here agree with me? ?I crave validation. ? hihi

-Axl4Prez2004
 ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
godiva
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 04:38:42 PM »

In Vegas Axl talked about why he named the album Chinese Democracy. House of Blues, 2001. I have the audio somewhere. He said he watched the movie before coming to Vegas. CD has nothing to do with pro or con China, it relates to a feeling of oppression. He said something along the lines of ... " China is the most powerful government in the world, and also the most oppressive"... someone help me out here??
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2005, 04:40:50 PM »

you call Axl : LIAR but he's a rock star who loves his fans.....i mean he always says the truth to us all so to please the crowd he doesn't need to tell fucking lies at all .....which's ur country? if your people had the money ' chance to see gnr over there maybe Axl said shocking truths to y'all there hihi ... Cry n' please remember to show some fucking respect to CHINA, they're poors but they're human beings too yes
Sorry, what the hell are you talkin' about?
BTW, I'm from Brasil, so what's your point?

Don't think so, ppbebe... no

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2005, 04:44:33 PM »

you call Axl : LIAR but he's a rock star who loves his fans.....i mean he always says the truth to us all so to please the crowd he doesn't need to tell fucking lies at all .....which's ur country? if your people had the money ' chance to see gnr over there maybe Axl said shocking truths to y'all there hihi ... Cry n' please remember to show some fucking respect to CHINA, they're poors but they're human beings too yes
Sorry, what the hell are you talkin' about?
BTW, I'm from Brasil, so what's your point?

Don't think so, ppbebe... no

oh I?m really sorry!!!!  Embarrassed   ... I thought you were from Cuba cuz you love the communists too much !!! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: