Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:00:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Axl care 'bout CHINA?...just to get more fame?  (Read 14664 times)
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« on: December 01, 2005, 04:29:05 PM »

...   smoking  ok, I know other persons have posted something like these lines before but I?m so sure other ones haven't had the chance to read this to express their own opinions!!!!...so the thing is:

1)Why did Axl come back to the show business speakin? 'bout a rare country like CHINA after all this fucking time?
2)Why does Axl feel a special sentiment 'bout the Chinese culture these days when he didn't give a damn 'bout the Chinese people from the start?
3)Although Axl didn't say a word ?bout CHINA for a weird reason the guy?s been attracted by that culture a long long time ago?

?well folks you might have the right answer ?.so let us know then!!!!   Grin
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:32:38 PM »

China will soon take over as the world's number one nation. smoking

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 04:32:52 PM »

I think it's cuz he watched a movie about Chinese Politics or something and he was intrigued so he researched about it.

Not to get famous. I'm not sure but i think he already is famous Roll Eyes

Evolution
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:33:51 PM »

Maybe he relates China's past with his own life in some way?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 04:34:16 PM »

It's because he's a communist

Don't you know?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
NorthwindNS
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 04:36:41 PM »

1. China is not rare.
2. Lots of peeps like China. I love the chinese buffet down the street.
3. Who says he's attracted to the culture. CHINESE DEMOCRACY.... has to do with communisn and all that shit. rant

ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 04:48:34 PM »

Are you jealousy, Ven? Do you think he should care more about Venezuela?
LOL :haha:

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 04:50:58 PM »

Maybe Tina Chan (is this name correct Huh) is Chinese and cute?
Maybe he's into kung fu movies?
Maybe the past regression therapy finally reminded him that he was originally the Monkey king?

It's because he's a communist

Don't you know?

No. I 'm sure it's has nothing to do with the ideology.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »

1. China is not rare.
2. Lots of peeps like China. I love the chinese buffet down the street.
3. Who says he's attracted to the culture. CHINESE DEMOCRACY.... has to do with communisn and all that shit. rant

ok

Wow, thats like the 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon.  Bravo! Grin

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 05:19:32 PM »

Axl stated in the Loder interview that he picked the name Chinese Democracy because he thought it sounded cool.  There is no great mystery behind the name choice.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 05:21:20 PM »

...? ?smoking? ok, I know other persons have posted something like these lines before but I?m so sure other ones haven't had the chance to read this to express their own opinions!!!!...so the thing is:

1)Why did Axl come back to the show business speakin? 'bout a rare country like CHINA after all this fucking time?
2)Why does Axl feel a special sentiment 'bout the Chinese culture these days when he didn't give a damn 'bout the Chinese people from the start?
3)Although Axl didn't say a word ?bout CHINA for a weird reason the guy?s been attracted by that culture a long long time ago?

?well folks you might have the right answer ?.so let us know then!!!! ? Grin
[/qu

You know there doesnt have to be a special meaning behind everything he writes, says, or names. ?And if there is im sure we will find out when the album comes out. ? ?Oh by the way, ?you call china a rare country, LMFAO which are you dumb or stupid. Theres over a billion people in that country. ?Which happens to be 1/6 the population of the entire world.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 05:39:27 PM »

Axl stated in the Loder interview that he picked the name Chinese Democracy because he thought it sounded cool.? There is no great mystery behind the name choice.

One of Axl's first shows back with the new band was in China, so it must have a special meaning for him. He even displayed the album cover and dropped red/white confetti.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »

There has been a bar called Guns N Roses in singapore, one in Ho Chi Minh too for a long time.

Some of the asian culture is fascinating and Axl was always described as a very cultured individual. Maybe he finds some peace into it. Who knows ?

Nothing to say
Evolution
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 06:03:26 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 07:48:25 PM »

If you listen to some of Axl's rants from old shows, he's always been about not letting anybody keep you down.  When you look at Communist China, you get over a BILLION people being repressed and kept down.  It's so bad that alot of folks over there have just learned to accept that the government will decide what is acceptable for each person to hear, see, think, etc.  All tv, radio, internet, etc. is monitored and censored.  "Chinese" Democracy is a paradox. 

So is this to try and get more fame?  Absolutely not.  If you look at the situation with evangelical christians here in the United States, who are trying to implement more stringent censorship and control via "decency" laws, it doesn't take a genius to see the potential nightmare scenario in our own backyards.  "Chinese" Democracy could be coming soon to any of our backyards...if we're not careful.

Plus, remember, it's just an album/song title.  The CD song (to me) demonstrates Axl's ability to write songs from a personal level, and not have to hit you over the head with a political message from high atop a celebrity soapbox.   ok 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »

Wasn't he really taken with the "Kudan" film.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 09:11:19 PM »

he wrote the song.. after watching the movie...
but the name.. is nothing about politics.. he said he choose it cuz he like it...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 10:06:25 PM »

he wrote the song.. after watching the movie...
but the name.. is nothing about politics.. he said he choose it cuz he like it...

Pepe666, I hate to burst your bubble.  If you think that movie isn't about "politics" here's one of Webster's definitions of political:  involved or charged or concerned with acts against a government or a political system.   The film Kundun is actually described as a political drama.  Do you know what the film is about?  The Chinese Army forces the Dalai Lama out of Tibet...and that's just part of it. 

I swear I remember a thread arguing this same point about CD being "political."  Again, I am sticking to my opinion that Axl aint dumb enough to take sides on specific issues...that alienates part of the audience. 

The name Chinese Democracy is a tragic paradox.  Do you honestly believe he'd watch this political drama, get inspired by the movie, and as a result, create music that has no political ideals involved?  Like I said, he won't slam you over the head one way or the other, he'll provide lyrics and vocals that will be thought-provoking and allow you to identify with more general themes like pain, frustration, love, fear, and what all of us pursue in our lives...enlightenment. 

Now I'm going to go have a beautiful mixed drink!   peace       

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 10:15:46 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

Oh ok   Undecided  , Axl was right to say that but why didn't he call his album Cuban Democracy then? That poor country is fucking close to his own country, a lot of Cubans have immigratin? to the u.s.a after all this fucking time so i do think Axl has a mysterious reason to speak 'bout that rare country which's too fucking far away from his Yankee land!  hihi?
Are you jealousy, Ven? Do you think he should care more about Venezuela?
LOL :haha:

when GNR played in Venezuela in 1992 he said: I wish I was a Venezuelan citizen cuz this country is full of petroleum so you already know that petroleum means : TOO MUCH MONEY FOREVER N' EVER FOR SURE!!!

...so Voodoochild can ya stop envyin' me then? ?Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 10:17:48 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 10:18:11 PM »

If you listen to the lyrics in CD though there are only like 2 references to China. I'm not saying Axl has no interest in Chinese culture or the politics but I always thought the title and song chinese democracy were just one big metaphor for the album itself.
The lyrics to the song definately seem to be more about the album CD than actual Democracy in China, when Axl sings 'It would take a lot more time than you, have got for masturbation', I always thought that was Axl's way of answering critics who always ask 'How long is this fucking album gonna take?'. Again when Axl sings 'It don't really matter, guess i'll keep this to myself/leave this thing to somebody else', I took that as 'Fuck you (To the haters) I don't have to release this album, I'll keep this shit to myself and leave making music to the other bands out now'. HAve I completely misinterpreted these lyrics or does anyone agree?

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: