Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:03:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Alan Nivin personal Demo Collection 8 Songs (sold)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alan Nivin personal Demo Collection 8 Songs (sold)  (Read 3087 times)
anythinggoes
« on: November 30, 2005, 04:26:08 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNS-N-ROSES-LTD-ED-8-SONG-DEMO-CD-SIGNED-ALAN-NEVIN_W0QQitemZ4801608832QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nothing really new here but i was thinking do you think the quality would be any better than some of the versions we have heard?

You are bidding on a VERY LIMITED EDITION COPY OF A GUNS N ROSES DEMO CD from the personal collection of ALAN NEVIN AND PERSONALLY SIGNED BY ALAN NEVIN. Mr. Nevin owns the original and has exclusively released this demo. The sound quality is excellent.
Details:
JUMPIN AX FLASH 1986 GUNS N' ROSES DEMOS
SONGS: jumpin jack flash; you're crazy, reckless life, heartbreak hotel, shadow of your love, welcome to the jungle, move to the city, mama kin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL NOTES: This is from the private collection of Alan Nevin, manager, producer, songwriter. Alan Nevin played a significant roll in all of the bands that we are listing with his credits. MANAGER OF GUNS N ROSES 1986-1991; songwriter, producer and manager of Great White; and significant rolls in the other items we have listed on eBay with Alan's credits.
Alan has embarked on his new projects and would like to share some of these great memories with the world. Alan's favorite line "it's just stuff!"

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:33:59 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 06:00:23 AM »

I don't know what the CD is like, but maybe the seller should learn that the name is Niven, not Nevin. He would look a little more credible  Tongue

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:47:57 AM »

I don't know what the CD is like, but maybe the seller should learn that the name is Niven, not Nevin. He would look a little more credible? Tongue

well the seller either reads this board or someone has contacted him as he's changed the names on all products he's got some good stuff wish i had the money  Cry
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »

I'm not sure it's legit.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 04:33:56 PM »

I'm not sure it's legit.

I don't think so either
a demo CD from 1986
wouldn't it be plain silver?
I don't think we had started using different colored paint on CD's yet
this came much later
and if it was just a demo, they would not be experimenting with something new
this kind of promo is almost always bare bones

the recordings have been widley available for over 20 years now
the cd could have been easily printed up

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 03:40:17 AM »

I'm not sure it's legit.

I don't think so either
a demo CD from 1986
wouldn't it be plain silver?
I don't think we had started using different colored paint on CD's yet
this came much later
and if it was just a demo, they would not be experimenting with something new
this kind of promo is almost always bare bones

the recordings have been widley available for over 20 years now
the cd could have been easily printed up

from what the listing states these are limited edition new prints ans Alan holds the original either on tape vinyl or master
The Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 09:32:05 AM »

In 86 it wouldn't have been a colored cd-r.  But he's taking this from his tapes and recording the analog to a digital format so now it could be on any kinda cd-r.  He could be legally doing this if this was before any legal contracts were made regarding these songs or if he were given the rights as part of a deal.
GnRz
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 05:19:32 PM »

hey I have heard 3 of the 4 cds on ebay,

And the sound is great, and also the live at marquee and the old demos with jumpin jack flash are one long track on one cd... this leads me to believe they are recorded directly from the Original Demo Tapes as stated in the auction,

Are they really Autographed by Alan Niven? Did Alan Niven really offer these on Ebay? Does Alan Niven have the rights to do this? Only he can tell us.... but they are cd-r's.

By the way I am looking for the one called "under my heal" If anyone has this and wants to trade unreleased copies of something I have email me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:48:52 PM by GnRz » Logged
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 11:55:25 PM »

From the same guy selling that stuff on eBay, I got a sealed (I've been doing this for a long time - it has not been re-sealed, trust me) copy of LLAS, and on the front it was autographed by none other than Alan Niven (who mixed LLAS).  He didn't just sign it - he wrote a whole paragraph - don't have it in front of me right now, but it went something like this:

OK fuckers, so I only mixed this sucker! Your dilemma is this - do you crack it and play it or let it sit on your mantepiece collecting dust? Rock and roll or die Alan Niven

Like I said, something like that.  Will try posting a pic ASAP.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
GnRz
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 02:13:06 AM »

Cool I saw those LLAS from the seller and it said if you want it autographed after auction he would be willling to do that, yeh I think all the stuff from those auctions are authentic, like record awards ect.....

That's what made me think the cd's were signed by allan niven,
and they all say something cool.

the coolest thing about the EP you got..... he signed the plastic....so the EP itself is still mint.
 ok
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:22:38 AM by GnRz » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: