Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Firefox 1.5 Released Today!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox 1.5 Released Today!!!  (Read 2685 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: November 29, 2005, 08:18:55 PM »

Firefox users, you should upgrade asap!! If you still use internet explorer you should definitely switch browsers, Firefox is Much better!!

Download here: http://www.mozilla.com/

Some Features:

A Better Web Experience
Firefox 1.5 has an intuitive interface and blocks viruses, spyware, and popup ads. It delivers web pages faster than ever. And it?s easy to install and import your favorites. Packed with useful features like tabbed browsing, Live Bookmarks, and an integrated Search bar, Firefox will change the way you experience the Web, for the better.

Faster Browsing
Enjoy quick page loading as you navigate back and forward in a browsing session. Improvements to the engine that powers Firefox deliver more accurate display of complex web sites, support for new Web standards, and better overall performance.

Automatic Updates
The new Software Update feature makes it easy to get the latest security and feature updates to Firefox. Firefox automatically downloads these small updates in the background and prompts you when they are ready to be installed.

Tabbed Browsing
Use tabbed browsing to open multiple web pages in a single browser window, and quickly flip back and forth. Drag and drop open tabs to keep related pages together.

Improved Pop-up Blocking
Firefox?s built-in pop-up blocker has been enhanced to block more unwanted pop-up and pop-under ads.

Integrated Search
Tap into the power of the Web?s most popular search engines with the built-in Search bar, and easily add new engines.

Stronger Security
Firefox keeps you secure when you?re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.

Clear Private Data
Protect your privacy with the new Clear Private Data tool. With a single click, you can delete all personal data, including browsing history, cookies, web form entries and passwords.

Live Bookmarks
Stay up to date with your favorite Web sites and blogs. Use Live Bookmarks that update themselves automatically with the latest content from the Web.

Accessibility
Firefox 1.5 delivers easier navigation for everyone, including those who are visually or motor-impaired. Firefox is now the first browser to support DHTML, which enables Web content to be read aloud - even new kinds of graphics-rich content. Users may navigate with keystrokes rather than mouse clicks, reducing the tabbing required to navigate documents such as spreadsheets. Firefox 1.5 is also the first browser to meet government requirements that software be easily accessible to users with physical impairments.

Customize Firefox
Select new button controls for your toolbars, install extensions to add new features, or change the look of your browser with themes - the way Firefox looks and works is under your control.

Next Generation Web Support
Innovative new Web applications and services deliver a richer Web experience. Support for open Web standards in Firefox ensures you can get the most out of this emerging class of Web-based tools.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 08:35:34 PM »

Superb, thanking for bringing this to my attention before my smart ass brother hihi
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 08:40:21 PM »

no problem! this version is pretty sweet.. it is even faster than the last one and has a lot of neat little improvements!!

Evolution
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 08:41:59 PM »

Like what? I can't see any hihi
Chief
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 08:55:27 PM »

mostly "under the hood improvements" and security fixes. it renders pages faster and has better pop up blocking , plus there is a much easier way to clear your cache and cookies, etc by selecting "Clear Private Data"
you can read more about what changed on the site...

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 12:23:34 AM »

I'm using it now, so far so good. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 01:20:08 AM »

I was wondering when this would happen... *praying for a mac version*.. il go check now. thanks

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 03:08:36 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. I love firefox.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 03:34:32 AM »

I actually like Opera better, but the new mouse gestures plugin is better than it used to, so I might start concidering using firefox too..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 06:31:10 AM »

I had the 1.5 beta, upgrading now... Interesting to see what IE7 will offer when if comes out. Microsoft had slated before that IE6 was the 'last' version of the browser, but Firefox gave them a real beating...  Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 07:25:56 AM »

opera  8.51 kicks firefox ass Smiley

faster. lighter. and had all the new features of firefox 1.5 for months Smiley

and opera has author mode Smiley

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 10:21:35 AM »

Firefox rules!! I also have the fasterfox and it's even cooler  ok
Thanks for the tip

No man can be my equal
Chief
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 03:48:51 AM »

I also installed the Mac version recently.. its MUCH faster than the old one on Tiger.. good stuff!!

I was wondering when this would happen... *praying for a mac version*.. il go check now. thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: