Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff's involvment/inclusion in the 'burning hills' fax
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff's involvment/inclusion in the 'burning hills' fax  (Read 3730 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« on: November 28, 2005, 10:04:12 PM »

In Axl's infamous "Dive in and find the monkey' fax ....http://hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/tr-19961030-fax.html ...
it states Duff as Mike 'Duff' McKagan

What was Duffs involvment do you think?
Did he approve/agree with these sentiments?

It's interesting from the perspective that it seems Duff was willing to stick it out longer than the others.

Why do you think this was?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 08:57:25 AM »

Not only Duff, but Matt was in GN'R when Axl sent this fax. I don't know how they felt... It'd be great to ask them.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:26 AM »

Not only Duff, but Matt was in GN'R when Axl sent this fax. I don't know how they felt... It'd be great to ask them.

But Matt is/was/never has been part of the "GnR Partnership"

That is interesting, hmmmmm, all that says to me is that Duff forgave and forgot and Axl didn't

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 09:37:37 AM »

I'd heard of this fax
But I had never read it
Damned funny, I think!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 09:49:01 AM »

As is typically the case with "letter" formatting, I think the bottom right hand corner of correspondance is the "CC" area" (I'm trying to think back to High School Word Processing.....and that's a LONG time ago).  So, I think the intent was that the "letter" from Axl was CC'd to BFD and Duff, not that they were "signing" the letter or endorsing the sentiment.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 10:07:19 AM »

He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the
Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995

Doesn't that part right there totally nullify Slash and Duff's lawsuit over the rights to the gnr back catalogue and decision making?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 10:15:40 AM »

That is interesting, hmmmmm, all that says to me is that Duff forgave and forgot and Axl didn't

I knew it. But since Duff and Matt are in VR and friends with Slash, even Matt could be asked about it.

BTW what do you mean by saying 'Duff forgave and forgot'? Forgive what?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
madagas
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »

Chineseblues, no, not at all. It just shows that Axl had an eye on the partnership issues way back in the turmoil. He was on top of the game and was trying to make a statement that could possibly help him out in the future. ?Cry
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 10:19:39 AM »

Doesn't that part right there totally nullify Slash and Duff's lawsuit over the rights to the gnr back catalogue and decision making?

No, coz even if they quit the band, they still wrote/composed the songs and are entitled to a percentage, whenever the songs are played.

Fuck 'Em All.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 10:24:18 AM »

No, coz even if they quit the band, they still wrote/composed the songs and are entitled to a percentage, whenever the songs are played.

That's not what I meant. Slash/Duff are suing for total control of the back catalogue by saying they are the only 2 entitled to it because Axl left the partnership at the end of 1995. But this fax shows it was slash who had left the partnership at the end of 1995 and not Axl.

Chineseblues, no, not at all. It just shows that Axl had an eye on the partnership issues way back in the turmoil. He was on top of the game and was trying to make a statement that could possibly help him out in the future.

But it does show Axl never left the partnership at the end of 1995.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 10:33:32 AM »

Quote from: Fax
#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses
endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses
since April 1994 with the exception of ...
Wonder why there's a question mark after the word "endeavors"?? Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 10:34:48 AM »

I knew it. But since Duff and Matt are in VR and friends with Slash, even Matt could be asked about it.

BTW what do you mean by saying 'Duff forgave and forgot'? Forgive what?

I'm going by the assumption that Duff and Axl were both pissed that Slash left GnR whie they were putting an album together, pure speculation on my part. I know I'd be pissed if I was left hanging in the middle of a job.

That's not what I meant. Slash/Duff are suing for total control of the back catalogue by saying they are the only 2 entitled to it because Axl left the partnership at the end of 1995. But this fax shows it was slash who had left the partnership at the end of 1995 and not Axl.

Chineseblues, no, not at all. It just shows that Axl had an eye on the partnership issues way back in the turmoil. He was on top of the game and was trying to make a statement that could possibly help him out in the future.

But it does show Axl never left the partnership at the end of 1995.

It's Axl's P.O.V. S&D are saying Axl left the GnR partnership and Axl is saying they left the partnership. And the court is trying to figure out who is lying. I only partially understand what is going on. It's really confusing, cuz, from what i understand, If S&D win then there will be 2 GnR entities, the orig which would be owned by S&D and the new incarnation which would be owned by Axl. So conceivably S&D could release a Rarity DVD by GnR but it has nothing to do with Axl's current lineup of GnR, but both would be official. To me that would be really fucked up Huh

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 10:36:02 AM »

it does show Axl never left the partnership at the end of 1995.

On the contrary it says Slash left the partnership then And Duff admit it back in 1995?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 10:36:33 AM »

Quote from: Fax
#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses
endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses
since April 1994 with the exception of ...
Wonder why there's a question mark after the word "endeavors"?? Huh

Axl didn't know at that point if GnR would continue to exist? just a guess

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 10:44:13 AM »

Pilferk is correct.
Duff's name is only on there
'Cause he was CC'd.

That's all that it means.
He sent to Duff, MTV,
And ol' Big FD.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 10:49:16 AM »

It's Axl's P.O.V. S&D are saying Axl left the GnR partnership and Axl is saying they left the partnership.

Wait a sec, Is he saying Sn D left the partnership?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 10:53:13 AM »

It's Axl's P.O.V. S&D are saying Axl left the GnR partnership and Axl is saying they left the partnership.

Wait a sec, Is he saying Sn D left the partnership?

nervous confused I don't know anymore confused nervous

*runs away screaming with hands to ears* hihi

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 10:54:46 AM »

It's Axl's P.O.V. S&D are saying Axl left the GnR partnership and Axl is saying they left the partnership. And the court is trying to figure out who is lying. I only partially understand what is going on. It's really confusing, cuz, from what i understand, If S&D win then there will be 2 GnR entities, the orig which would be owned by S&D and the new incarnation which would be owned by Axl. So conceivably S&D could release a Rarity DVD by GnR but it has nothing to do with Axl's current lineup of GnR, but both would be official. To me that would be really fucked up Huh

Wouldn't S&D need Axl to agree with the release of any "Rarity DVD" since, no matter what the court ruling would be, Axl will always be a part of the "partnership" that involves any material that would be in anything "GNR" that S&D could possibly release? ?It would be really hard not to notice the guy in the spandex n' bicycle shorts!!!? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 11:09:16 AM »

it does show Axl never left the partnership at the end of 1995.

On the contrary it says Slash left the partnership then And Duff admit it back in 1995?

Correct I think. It definately says Slash left in 1995, whether Duff admitted it back then or not is unknown. But I find it highly suspect that he is saying Axl quit when he has to rely on Matt Sorum to tell him what happened at that time because he was so fucked up.
madagas
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 11:57:04 AM »

Correct. Axl is trying to show that Slash left the partnership. However, just because Axl says it, doesn't mean it is true. His fax is not a contract! It does show that Axl considered himself as a part of the partnership. One of the key documents we don't have is the one where S/D claim Axl gave them written notice that he was going to leave the partnership to start his own Gnr. Somewhere in 95-96 this document was given to S/d.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: