Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Fuck Christmas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Christmas  (Read 24886 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2005, 11:31:29 AM »

VATICAN CITY -
Pope Benedict XVI said Sunday that Christmas festivities have been polluted by consumerism and suggested that assembling the Nativity scene in the home is an effective way of teaching the faith to children.

Nativity scenes are a common sight in Italian homes around Christmas time, and in an annual tradition children came to St. Peter's Square bearing Nativity figures of baby Jesus for the pontiff to bless.

"In today's consumer society, this time (of the year) is unfortunately subjected to a sort of commercial 'pollution' that is in danger of altering its true spirit, which is characterized by meditation, sobriety and by a joy that is not exterior but intimate," the pope said in his traditional Sunday blessing.

"Assembling the Nativity scene in the home can turn out to be a simple but effective way of presenting the faith to pass it on to one's children," Benedict added.

"The Nativity scene helps us contemplate the mystery of the love of God, which is revealed to us in the poverty and simplicity of the grotto in Bethlehem."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2005, 04:40:59 PM »

VATICAN CITY -
Pope Benedict XVI said Sunday that Christmas festivities have been polluted by consumerism and suggested that assembling the Nativity scene in the home is an effective way of teaching the faith to children.

Nativity scenes are a common sight in Italian homes around Christmas time, and in an annual tradition children came to St. Peter's Square bearing Nativity figures of baby Jesus for the pontiff to bless.

"In today's consumer society, this time (of the year) is unfortunately subjected to a sort of commercial 'pollution' that is in danger of altering its true spirit, which is characterized by meditation, sobriety and by a joy that is not exterior but intimate," the pope said in his traditional Sunday blessing.

"Assembling the Nativity scene in the home can turn out to be a simple but effective way of presenting the faith to pass it on to one's children," Benedict added.

"The Nativity scene helps us contemplate the mystery of the love of God, which is revealed to us in the poverty and simplicity of the grotto in Bethlehem."
For christ sake - enough already!! We get it, you don't like capitalism and christmas.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2005, 05:20:50 PM »

VATICAN CITY -

For christ sake - enough already!! We get it, you don't like capitalism and christmas.

Calm down you big baby.

I thought the article was amusing and all I did was post it. I posted it for all the people who blew my posts out of proportion, like you are doing now (thanks  Roll Eyes)
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2005, 09:12:42 PM »

Calm down you big baby.
I thought the article was amusing and all I did was post it. I posted it for all the people who blew my posts out of proportion, like you are doing now (thanks? Roll Eyes)
We should all know SLC better than that!!  Wink

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Evolution
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2005, 10:50:12 PM »

Now i think about it, Fuck Christmas. Hogmanay is what i'm lookin forward to  smoking
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2005, 11:03:33 PM »

Now i think about it, Fuck Christmas. Hogmanay is what i'm lookin forward to? smoking

Ditto - except replace Hogmanay with "my birthday"  because it is all about mwa!!!!  yes

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2005, 11:11:30 PM »

U all better not let Santa hear u say Fuck Christmas! He is real!

Some of u all need a hug or something, get jolly, get happy, get in the christmas spirit!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2005, 07:19:04 PM »

Some of u all need a hug or something, get jolly, get happy, get in the christmas spirit!

I said that!  But this thread is like an optical illusion!  The more you look at it, the more twisted your views become   nervous

SLCPUNK
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2005, 07:23:58 PM »

I said that!  But this thread is like an optical illusion!  The more you look at it, the more twisted your views become   nervous

And then...........
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2005, 07:25:35 PM »

I said that!? But this thread is like an optical illusion!? The more you look at it, the more twisted your views become? ?nervous

And then...........

Oh My God!!!  What am I becoming!!!  crying I need to get OUT of this thread and QUI........ *runs out screaming*

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2005, 07:26:10 PM »

nnaa i used to like it more when i was younger.but now it's just anouther reason to through a party.i don't even feel like decorating this year at all,just ain't in the mood.i guess i''ll get my lazy ass off the couch and decorate soon.as soon as the blunts stop passin by each day.puff puff my nigro lol. :smoking:sooner looks like later with the dec's h a ha. smoking

the one an only horsey !
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2005, 10:28:41 PM »

Cool count me in and I get the Vodka and Whisky  ok

No man can be my equal
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2005, 10:53:40 PM »

Some of you people are way too pessimistic. When Santa comes down your chimney, I hope he farts in your faces.

MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2005, 11:12:01 PM »

bah humbug, thank god its almost over !

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2005, 12:40:04 AM »

Another Xmas without that special someone....

Ouch!
 Cry

Fuck All Y'all
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2005, 12:50:26 AM »

Another Xmas without that special someone....

Ouch!
 Cry
I'll be your special someone!!!  Grin  As long as you dont mind Evo and Axlsmainman joining...? hihi

Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2005, 01:21:52 AM »

yeah o totally have to agree that christmas can suck my ass...when i was a child it was all magical and shit..and as the years went on thats when my family would get into arguements. they were neevr a pretty thign to be around and it often became very depressing to even think about jolly ol st nick....then i started dating a girl and i got to spend a couple X-mas' with her and felt a part of something.....then my heart got ripped out ate up and shit out so im back to fuckin disliking xmas....unless santa puts sum poon tang back in my stocking
....i guess im rantign about not having that special somebody but awell fuck it..soon enough she or it will be there lol

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
MCT
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2005, 01:23:29 AM »

yeah o totally have to agree that christmas can suck my ass...when i was a child it was all magical and shit..and as the years went on thats when my family would get into arguements. they were neevr a pretty thign to be around and it often became very depressing to even think about jolly ol st nick....then i started dating a girl and i got to spend a couple X-mas' with her and felt a part of something.....then my heart got ripped out ate up and shit out so im back to fuckin disliking xmas....unless santa puts sum poon tang back in my stocking
....i guess im rantign about not having that special somebody but awell fuck it..soon enough she or it will be there lol

That's not a very civil attitude...
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2005, 01:25:54 AM »

....i guess im rantign about not having that special somebody[/ but awell fuck it..soon enough she or it will be there lolquote]

Same deal.. but I never wanted to buy a present anyway.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2005, 01:35:08 AM »

Good one!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: