Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy with Soul Asylum AGAIN?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy with Soul Asylum AGAIN?  (Read 6804 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »

I think Tommy can do the Soul Astlum thing without leaving GNR. But if he does leave Guns, we can forget about CD. crying

it doesn't matter if he leaves.. The reason I am ssaying is because if he does that means cd was never in sight to begin with, otherwise why wait all these years to leave pre release?? Not likely... Also I doubt he will leave there is zero effort or resposibility to being in this band,., It's a great fall back if something ever happens.. The only annoying part about being in this band is being there 8 years and no one even knowing it, and the annoying emails and small questions about axl or cd
Yeah, I feel sorry for the "hired guns". Just imagine how psyched they were to join GNR. They couldnt have dreamed up this scenario in their worst nightmare. You make a good point, but I dont think these guys are going to wait around forever. They are wasting the prime of their lives sitting idle, and at some point that fact is going to make them sick, and no amount of "money for nothing" is going to cure it.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 05:21:32 PM »

I think Tommy can do the Soul Astlum thing without leaving GNR. But if he does leave Guns, we can forget about CD. crying

it doesn't matter if he leaves.. The reason I am ssaying is because if he does that means cd was never in sight to begin with, otherwise why wait all these years to leave pre release?? Not likely... Also I doubt he will leave there is zero effort or resposibility to being in this band,., It's a great fall back if something ever happens.. The only annoying part about being in this band is being there 8 years and no one even knowing it, and the annoying emails and small questions about axl or cd
Yeah, I feel sorry for the "hired guns". Just imagine how psyched they were to join GNR. They couldnt have dreamed up this scenario in their worst nightmare. You make a good point, but I dont think these guys are going to wait around forever. They are wasting the prime of their lives sitting idle, and at some point that fact is going to make them sick, and no amount of "money for nothing" is going to cure it.

thing is they aren't sitting idle.. They aren't wasting their years because they don't have to do anything with gnr.. it's not like they have some better chance of joining abigger badn then gnr..

i just feel that axl fucked them because he should have neevr bothered these guys to begin with since he wasn't going to be around or active
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 05:23:19 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 05:53:16 PM »

why do you guys even give a fuck about what that guy wrote? He doesent even give us a source!
Tommy is in GNR, and he will be back with the band in early 2006! So dont fret!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 05:56:48 PM »

why do you guys even give a fuck about what that guy wrote? He doesent even give us a source!
I'm not saying his comments are true, but just because he doesn't have a source doesn't mean shit. If these forums didn't demand that you name your source, we would have more information about CD by now. But I also understand that if you didnt have to name sources, then there would be 100 rumours a day. Its a catch 22 situation.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 05:57:33 PM »

i don't give two fucks about what anyone says to be honest.. 2006 I'll believe it when I see it
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2005, 06:02:30 PM »

com`on people!
No one have talked nicer words about GNR then Tommy!
He would never leave GNR for a band like SA! And yeah, there is alot of
rumours about this and that! But i dont really think you should take every sentence
to your heart! I could say Brain was going on hollyday with my grandmother, and some
of you would belived it!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »

com`on people!
No one have talked nicer words about GNR then Tommy!
He would never leave GNR for a band like SA! And yeah, there is alot of
rumours about this and that! But i dont really think you should take every sentence
to your heart! I could say Brain was going on hollyday with my grandmother, and some
of you would belived it!
nobody believes tommy is leaving.. Wether here or there I would never know anyways, it's not like axl's band is active.. Why would tommy leave he has the best job ever, never have to show up for work...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 06:13:32 PM »

Some people just can't miss any opportunity to moan.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 06:18:10 PM »

Since when is stating a fact considered moaning? confused

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2005, 06:18:48 PM »

Since when is stating a fact considered moaning? confused

what is stating fact? I guess your the one to know?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »

Its not moaning to speculate on what may well be another negative indication for Guns

If it is true and the guy is committing himself to tour with SA next year, 2006 is looking a dicey proposition

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 06:54:39 PM »

I don't know if Tommy is contractually obligated to Guns N Roses, but as Jarmo and other have said, you can't hang around and be loyal forever. The guys still in GnR love to play music, and would like nothing more than to release a CD and play live all over the world. But whether it's just Axl, or the lawsuit, there's only so much they can take.

However, Soul Asylum touring for most of 2006 sounds ridiculous to me. I happen to like Soul Asylum (I'm from Minneapolis, too) but this band doesn't seem capable to go on a world tour. They would just play large clubs, I assume. It wouldn't be something so time consuming or finacially lucrative that would make Tommy think about leaving GnR. I think that would only happen when it's painfully clear that Chinese Democracy is not happening.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 07:04:39 PM »

I think that would only happen when it's painfully clear that Chinese Democracy is not happening.

100% correct. I've been saying that for a long time. If Tommy leaves, we can forget about CD. He is obviously a crucial member of new GNR, and his departure will be the trainwreck for CD.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 07:34:04 PM »

I think that would only happen when it's painfully clear that Chinese Democracy is not happening.

100% correct. I've been saying that for a long time. If Tommy leaves, we can forget about CD. He is obviously a crucial member of new GNR, and his departure will be the trainwreck for CD.

axl should have just hired some guys to make his record then get a new band or something when he toured or if those guys were free get them.. The thing is he needs control of everything so he shouldn't have wasted any ones time except to play the instruments..

You can't expect not to do anything for that many years and have 7 guys just return when you decide to do something..  Then have some excuse that the guy who left fucked up your plans.. Like newflash if they didn't have to wait they wouldn't have left
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2005, 11:06:40 PM »

Mike you make very good point. If Tommy or any other bandmember leaves, they really cant be blamed, all the blame in such a scenario should be bestowed on Axl's shoulders.

Without knowing him its hard to know, but I think Tommy is still very much interested and commited to GnR, and whether this Soul Asylum thing turns out to be true, Im sure he would return to GnR when needed. There's no denying Buckethead's departure initiated a domino effect within the lineup, its just a matter of time I think before that effect comes to the surface..

'06 release or not, things are just heating up.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 11:52:48 AM »

Maybe Tommy just wants to play music.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Jonathan
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 11:57:05 AM »

Maybe Tommy just wants to play music.

That's my guess too.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2005, 12:21:11 PM »

s Come on guys, stay focused on the positive side of the things and don't wish yourselfs into another year of nothing. We will get whats been promised ok yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2005, 01:12:44 PM »

s Come on guys, stay focused on the positive side of the things and don't wish yourselfs into another year of nothing. We will get whats been promised ok yes

And the positive side of things is?

Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but we've been told too often things are 'on the horizon' (soon, hairs breadth, launching pads etc) and then nothing happens...

It would be sooo much easier if the man just throwed us a frickin bone here...common Axl!

Here today...ready to rock
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 01:29:25 PM »

I agree 100% with you!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: