Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy with Soul Asylum AGAIN?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy with Soul Asylum AGAIN?  (Read 6776 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« on: November 24, 2005, 08:14:33 AM »

This is a post from the TS board:

I saw him at First Ave. and he was buddy buddy with his ex wife. It
didn't look like there was any girlfriend. He was in quite the hurry
to leave the bar with her. He grabbed her hand and literally ran out
the front door of the bar. FYI to anyone interested, he is going to be
back at First Ave on Dec. 23 with Soul Asylum. I cannot find any info
in regards to how long he is planning on playing with them,
however,through a very reliable source, I heard he is doing a full
blown tour with them during most of 2006. Can we all say YAY!!! and
keep our fingers crossed that he will walk away from the joke we all
call Guns N Roses???

I hope this guy knows shit...

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 08:19:56 AM »

Let's hope so, 'cause that would mean no album anytime soon, and "soon" must be the word!!

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 08:27:27 AM »

Tommy posted in September about there hopefully being some GN'R news coming. So I guess he was still involved with GN'R at that point and was planning on being involved.

But I do wonder how long these guys will stick around unless GN'R actually does something. They're probably all proud of the work they've done and believe in it, but as another year of no GN'R activity comes to an end you start wondering....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:14:19 AM »

But I do wonder how long these guys will stick around unless GN'R actually does something. They're probably all proud of the work they've done and believe in it, but as another year of no GN'R activity comes to an end you start wondering....

Honestly I am amazed how long they have all stuck around already.. Losing one out of 8 isn't to bad considering the time table.. Part of me just says what is so hard about being in axl's band, you don't have to perform and you never tour.. instead of quiting they just yes everyone to death and play along.. Like most I'm sure they doubt anything ever happening but they also know there is that slight chance of soemthing great happening... To think of all the time n effort they have put into cd or whatever it is called it must be just to hard to walk away.. Even if they don't agree with axl in anyway they do want their efforts to be heard..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 10:31:16 AM »

The news that Tommy will be doing that show with Soul Asylum is a week or so old, and he is still in the band. Do you really think he will walk away from Guns after being in the band about 8 years?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 10:42:09 AM »

Do you really think he will walk away from Guns after being in the band about 8 years?
even the most die hard new ngr fan has to say it hasn't been a productive known 8 years.. he must say I've been with axl 8 years and am yet to even be known as a gnr member or have my material heard,, That has to really suck.. 8 years and can't even tell you when the first album will come out..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 10:48:49 AM »

The news that Tommy will be doing that show with Soul Asylum is a week or so old, and he is still in the band. Do you really think he will walk away from Guns after being in the band about 8 years?

If the album is nowhere near completion then yeah i think there is a chance that Tommy (or any of them really) will consider leaving.

It's kinda scary that fortus mentioned, in one of his e-mails, that there was some last minute recording to do. nervous

elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 11:43:08 AM »

Let's hope this guy misheard whatever he heard? and that the full blown tour thing is with Guns N' Roses throughout most of the year. This would fall in line with what Richard is saying in his emails.

On any of the guys leaving: I wouldn't blame them, but thank them for their efforts and for some great shows (Pukkelpop, MSG). I do hope it doesn't come to that though.

While typing this I realise that I'm hoping a lot here. This isn't the first and will probably not be the last time I'm hoping for something when it comes to GN'R.? The life of a GN'R fan: sometimes you love it, sometimes you hate it, but I for one always come back for more...

Cheers

beer

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 12:15:34 PM »

How many times have we heard something like this for it not to come true. First it was Robin was leaving, then Tommy, then fortus, then robin again, now tommy again.   If Tommy was leaving gnr and going to tour with SA for all of 2006 Tommy would post it on his web site.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 12:45:23 PM »

Well if I do say,  by December there names will be MUD.  The reputation of the hired guns who cryed wolf (CD is comming SOON,) will coming to haunt them. I wouldn't be saying anymore to the public if I were them( Tommy, Richard, Robin, Brain, Dizzy) To be in the new GNR has become an embarrassment, were not talking about a few months, were talking about yearsssss...... I hope for there own good they know what there doing. I believe in Axl's music but this has become a joke..   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 12:53:17 PM »

I still want to say 2006 is the year for GNR. I feel the positivity of this happening and want this more than anything, I have no inside connections, these are just my feelings in general.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »

but what's there to leave anyway, i guess it's cool to do other stuff while waiting for Axl, and i have a really har time believeing that CD will never ever come out....

only a gn'r reunion could change the plans for New gn'r obviousely...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »

How many times have we heard something like this for it not to come true. First it was Robin was leaving, then Tommy, then fortus, then robin again, now tommy again

and then Buckethead....

I'm 99.99% sure it's just all talk as usual too, but if GNR lost Tommy I think we might as well start up threads like "odds of GNR in 2011".

I know I'm biased towards Tommy but him and Richard are the two hired guns that I think are the most valuable to this project IMO. ? I think in certain aspects, as the "new" GNR keeps going we grow to a more personal level with the new gunners and it gradually becomes a band again instead of a solo project. ?That's why continuity is probably the second most important thing to the new GNR, besides the actual music.

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 01:43:10 PM »

I still want to say 2006 is the year for GNR. I feel the positivity of this happening and want this more than anything, I have no inside connections, these are just my feelings in general.

there's nothing wrong for hoping, but every year around this time we always say 2000 whatever will be the year.. Eventually wether the album comes out or someone splits something has to give... At this point in time I hope anything happens good or bad so something is said..
terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 01:54:20 PM »

Like Jarmo said and others have mentioned too in the past: It's no wonder if these guys are looking out for other projects.

I guess that Robin and Pittman haven't really done anything but GnR?

Even if they have great contracts that give them loads of money (Brain lol) - they still all have passion for their instrument and for music in general. As time goes by I'm sure that they have all wondered "WTF?" and have started to look at other projects and eventually other more permanent based projects.

Just my 2 cents...

Anyway I hope that this isn't true. Sure Tommy could drop out of the Soul Asylum tour if GnR would start up - But to me it's really worrying if Tommy is thinkin about bookin his whole 2006 at this point.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 02:28:36 PM »

Like Jarmo said and others have mentioned too in the past: It's no wonder if these guys are looking out for other projects.

I guess that Robin and Pittman haven't really done anything but GnR?

Even if they have great contracts that give them loads of money (Brain lol) - they still all have passion for their instrument and for music in general. As time goes by I'm sure that they have all wondered "WTF?" and have started to look at other projects and eventually other more permanent based projects.

Just my 2 cents...

Anyway I hope that this isn't true. Sure Tommy could drop out of the Soul Asylum tour if GnR would start up - But to me it's really worrying if Tommy is thinkin about bookin his whole 2006 at this point.

I imagine if Tommy is really thinking of leaving Guns and becoming the permanentt bassist for SA, he will put something out there on his www site saying so...I've said that these guys won't leave guns b/c they don't have to-they can always do what they want until Axl calls them back in...but that statement was predicated on them simply wanting to play and make some dough while they wait for the big payoff, but if Tommy's found a group he can both tour and record music with which he knows will be released, that changes the dynamic...and it wouldn't surprise me to seem him divorce himself from gnr. And that really sucks. no

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 04:52:30 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure if they've got paid from the project as you say for a quite while.

I hope this guy knows shit...
keep our fingers crossed that he will walk away from the joke we all
call Guns N Roses
Huh

Surely he nose shit.

When the band starts up, they'll be in. And Tommy will be fucking first in line to get back on board.
Till then, they can suit themselves for all I care.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 04:54:57 PM by ppbebe » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 05:00:28 PM »

I think Tommy can do the Soul Astlum thing without leaving GNR. But if he does leave Guns, we can forget about CD. crying

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 05:02:33 PM »

This new band is EXACTLY turning like the old one toward the end in 1995/96...the members slowly go away...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2005, 05:05:54 PM »

I think Tommy can do the Soul Astlum thing without leaving GNR. But if he does leave Guns, we can forget about CD. crying

it doesn't matter if he leaves.. The reason I am ssaying is because if he does that means cd was never in sight to begin with, otherwise why wait all these years to leave pre release?? Not likely... Also I doubt he will leave there is zero effort or resposibility to being in this band,., It's a great fall back if something ever happens.. The only annoying part about being in this band is being there 8 years and no one even knowing it, and the annoying emails and small questions about axl or cd
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: