Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:19:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)  (Read 21082 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 08:58:41 PM »

I agree, Axl has to reclaim his throne, but he can only do it, with the company of his old friends.

By the way, that picture is sad, and at the same time is great, new ones of them must be snapped soon, come on AXL! what were you thinking, Slash obviously still loves GUNS, and the other guns too,? if Matt once said, what is with the piano, I say, What is with the bucket?? ?

Some day we will see the real guns n roses together again, and that day my friends, that day will be magical even more magical than Chinese Democracy.

By the way, there was love once between them, how can you forget that love? imposible it would be like forgetting a brother....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:03:31 PM by Carlos GMS » Logged
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 09:10:49 PM »

I think it's time for Axl to do what Rocky did in Rocky III, and that is, get back to his roots, train hard, drop a kick-ass album, and re-claim his rightful place on the throne as the fuckin' king of rock n roll!!!  Anyone else agree???

waitasec , rocky released an album?!

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 10:18:59 PM »

Axl's style was much cooler in 93. What happened? he needs to start hanging out with cool people again instead of earl the bodyguard, BH and Fortus.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »

I think it's time for Axl to do what Rocky did in Rocky III, and that is, get back to his roots, train hard, drop a kick-ass album, and re-claim his rightful place on the throne as the fuckin' king of rock n roll!!! Anyone else agree???

well d-uh..what do you think put the rock in Rocky! Tongue

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 10:58:32 PM »

During the Making of Estranged video, Slash and Axl are clearly shown talking together about the album which would become known as the Spaghetti Incident; the scene they were filming was the one where Slash appears to float down Sunset.

This pic is interesting but I think people are looking a bit too much into it. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:20:17 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 11:36:11 PM »

I think it's time for Axl to do what Rocky did in Rocky III, and that is, get back to his roots, train hard, drop a kick-ass album, and re-claim his rightful place on the throne as the fuckin' king of rock n roll!!! Anyone else agree???

well d-uh..what do you think put the rock in Rocky! Tongue

hahaha , nice!!!  hihi

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 12:10:16 AM »

Wow, really cool pic. Haven't seen that one before... Looks like something out of a 60's B/W movie...  Smiley

Fuck 'Em All.
i_love_axl
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 04:30:32 AM »

wonder what they said to eachother....

and yes, i guess it's possible that they didn't see each other during the making of estranged...

I have the "Making of Estranged"on my computer and they saw each other and talked during the making. ok
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 04:45:45 AM »

During the Making of Estranged video, Slash and Axl are clearly shown talking together about the album which would become known as the Spaghetti Incident; the scene they were filming was the one where Slash appears to float down Sunset.

Yes, they are talking about the title of the cover album, because Axl makes "" marks with his hands.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 06:45:34 AM »

wonder what they said to eachother....

and yes, i guess it's possible that they didn't see each other during the making of estranged...

I have the "Making of Estranged"on my computer and they saw each other and talked during the making. ok

by the rainbow they mentioned TSI...

You know a lot of groups come n go for whatever reasons, but later in life they learn to accept their band member's differences and exist together.. SHame after all this time and with the demand for the real gnr that these guys can't just get it together and let the past be the past.... This time around would be a little easier being guys are sober and family men.. We all fuck up and over indulge in our youth..
Elrothiel
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 08:32:57 AM »

Remember 'The Omen'? when the journalist develops the photos and the one of the priest has a spear pointing down at his head? Kinda reminds me of that! Shocked

Anyway, its a cool photo, albeit a dissapointing one if you read too much into it

Aaah!! No! Don't say that!!! nervous Cry
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 08:50:07 AM »

This pic is interesting but I think people are looking a bit too much into it.?

good call, you're absolutely correct...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 08:53:05 AM »

It is sad, but at least they were still talking at that point. Also, Will, I would agree with you, but Kirkland says that he showed it to Axl two years later, implying 1995, right? So, if that's right, then Slash hadn't left by that point. I think.

Officially, Slash left in october '96. But Axl clearly states in his 10.29.96 fax to MTV that Slash is not "musically involved in GN'R since april '94". So I think, in his mind, at the time the picture was shown to him, Slash had already left the band...

Axl said that, but the others had a different story. Slash was still in the band in late 1996, it doesn't matter what Axl's saying.

BTW I wouldn't see too much into this picture. Sometimes there is a distance between people. Sometimes they're standing closer. That's it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 09:17:02 AM »

Axl said that, but the others had a different story. Slash was still in the band in late 1996, it doesn't matter what Axl's saying.

Interesting attitude.  hihi

Slash left to promote the Snakepit album in early 1995. Then he toured with the band.

He went back to GN'R after that but it didn't work out and he officially quit.

Maybe Axl knew it was over even before Slash started the Snakepit promotion and tour while Slash wanted to give it a final shot....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 09:35:39 AM »

This pic is interesting but I think people are looking a bit too much into it.?

good call, you're absolutely correct...

when isn't something gnr related not looked into way to much rofl
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 09:48:27 AM »

Slash looks annoyed to me in this picture  Undecided
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2005, 10:01:12 AM »

Slash looks annoyed to me in this picture? Undecided

pic of one of the best axe men and frontmen.. Such a shame.. Maybe axl was yelling at slash Shocked
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2005, 10:30:06 AM »

Interesting attitude.? hihi

Slash left to promote the Snakepit album in early 1995. Then he toured with the band.

He went back to GN'R after that but it didn't work out and he officially quit.

Maybe Axl knew it was over even before Slash started the Snakepit promotion and tour while Slash wanted to give it a final shot....? Huh

/jarmo

If he had known it was over why did it take him another 2 years to send a fax? Why did Slash and Matt keep saying in 1995 and 1996 that Slash was still in the band and they were working on new material with a new guitarist? (In other stories: with Axl as a rhythm guitarist?IAs you wrote it he went back to GN'R. So he was involved. I think it's safer to say that Axl was angry of Slash and he wrote that bullshit in the fax. If someone asks him today, he'll probably tell a different date of Slash's leaving.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 11:35:29 AM »

I posted the pic on this board back in June @ http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21589.msg354192#msg354192

I also sent that scan to John for his site and it's available in this site's pictures section.
/jarmo

Jarmo,
You got some very interesting pics on that thread of rare GNR pics.
I still think that this pic is the most interesting BY FAR, considering the way things have gone down with GNR in the last 12 years.
I'm glad I could help people see this pic now, it deserves its own thread of discussion.

MNR
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:39:50 AM by marknroses » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2005, 11:41:26 AM »

If he had known it was over why did it take him another 2 years to send a fax?

Because he's Axl?  hihi

Why did Slash and Matt keep saying in 1995 and 1996 that Slash was still in the band and they were working on new material with a new guitarist? (In other stories: with Axl as a rhythm guitarist?IAs you wrote it he went back to GN'R. So he was involved. I think it's safer to say that Axl was angry of Slash and he wrote that bullshit in the fax. If someone asks him today, he'll probably tell a different date of Slash's leaving.

I suspect there were some legal things going on that might have made it a bit more difficult.

Axl was probably angry, but I think he might have had a reason for saying what he did. Maybe Slash was more into doing Snakepit than trying to adjust to the GN'R situation? Axl saw that and knew it was over. Is that possible?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: