Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)  (Read 21052 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2005, 07:58:05 AM »

A little contradiction against the 'Axl knew it was over' theory that after the Snakepit tour they tried out the Slash-Zakk Wylde collaboration.

"I Spent A Week Jammin' With Guns N' Roses". Zakk Wylde to join GN'R?!
Kerrang! 530 January 28, 1995

That was published before the Snakepit album was released and before Slash went on tour with that band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2005, 08:04:10 AM »

I can only speak of 1995, I have several old interviews of slash and even watched him speak with kurt loder at the 95 vmas and he said something like guns is guns and he is working on snakepit and after that he will be back working on gnr related things.. basically when they need me I wil be there.. There was no indication that he was out or leaving or had left.. I really felt back then it was just some guys who needed a breather...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2005, 08:30:12 AM »

Yeah, Slash said he'd go back to GN'R and see what Axl had done while he was away.

I don't think he could see himself quitting the band. Maybe Axl could see GN'R continuing without Slash at some point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2005, 12:29:21 PM »

But when Izzy came back for some weeks he wrote with Slash, Duff and Matt (and supposedly Axl). So Slash was involved. The person who seems to be involved the least is Axl. If you read the old interviews and articles (as you do), everyone's saying that the maximum of his contribution was sitting in the rehearsal room and saying 'I want this, work on it; I don't want this, forget it'. And hasn't written a line, hasn't sung a note.

It refers to late 1994

How much work towards the next Guns album did you expect the rest of the band to have done when you finished the Snakepit tour?

"When I left town, Axl and Matt and Duff and I had worked on new material. I hadn't heard Axl sing anything, but he was there while we were fucking around jamming.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=16

1996:

The mega-selling bad boys of late '80s, early '90s rock are back together rehearsing songs for their first album in five years.So says Guns N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum, on the phone recently from his Hollywood Hills home, right next door, he adds with a chuckle, to '80s bad girl Madonna.

"We're definitely getting geared up to do another record," says Sorum, who brings his all-star side band, Neurotic Outsiders, to the Warehouse on Sunday.

"We're already starting to make tour plans. We've got a possible tour starting in South America in January and then we're going to stop and finish the record and probably tour next summer."

But, Sorum adds cheerfully, the status of G N' R - which has so far survived a revolving door lineup (guitarist Gilby Clarke was the most recent exit, keyboardist Dizzy Reed is back in) Huh, substance abuse problems, and notorious lead singer Axl Rose - could change tomorrow and "G N' R could break up next month."

But Sorum reports in the last week that Slash has been rehearsing with G N' R bassist Duff McKagan (who plays guitar in Neurotic Outsiders), Rose, Reed and "an anonymous guitar player" who may or may not be Clarke's replacement, and Sorum.

"It sounds like the band again. Everybody's in good shape and Duff's looking really good and healthy. It was good that we took the time off, because at the end of the tour Duff was one foot in the grave. I mean it was like we were all drugged out. We just all stepped back out of the whole rock and roll debauchery for a while and just sort of mellowed."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=89

Are Guns N' Roses back together in the studio as a band, or are you recording your various parts separately?
Slash Says: At this point in time we have only been collaborating together. But we have been doing mostly Axl's material.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=142

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2005, 12:36:34 PM »

The person who seems to be involved the least is Axl. If you read the old interviews and articles (as you do), everyone's saying that the maximum of his contribution was sitting in the rehearsal room and saying 'I want this, work on it; I don't want this, forget it'. And hasn't written a line, hasn't sung a note.
thats because Axl had a vision of what GNr should be trying next and he wasnt going to do anything until it got to that point. He wasnt gonna settle for snakepit type stuff if he didnt have that in mind. SO he wasnt gonna work on it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2005, 01:06:17 PM »

But when Izzy came back for some weeks he wrote with Slash, Duff and Matt (and supposedly Axl). So Slash was involved. The person who seems to be involved the least is Axl. If you read the old interviews and articles (as you do), everyone's saying that the maximum of his contribution was sitting in the rehearsal room and saying 'I want this, work on it; I don't want this, forget it'. And hasn't written a line, hasn't sung a note.

I'm not saying Slash didn't come back at all. I know he did.  Roll Eyes

All I'm saying that maybe Axl suspected already in 1994/95 that it was over. Axl and Slash had different ideas of what the next GN'R record should be so Slash took the songs and did his Snakepit thing.

Then he returned and they still couldn't work out their differences. So he quit....

I guess this might be something that could be brought up in the lawsuits....

/jarmo

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2005, 01:11:29 PM »

On topic with the picture, I saw the concert in Buenos Aires and they hugged and loved  Kiss each other just before they went backstage, I doubt they hated each other right there.

Didnt Slash quit the band, after returning from the Snakepit stuff, because nothing was going on and he knew nothing was gonna go in the next years because Axl wasnt ready (be it lawsuits,personal problems,etc)??

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2005, 03:24:29 PM »

A little contradiction against the 'Axl knew it was over' theory that after the Snakepit tour they tried out the Slash-Zakk Wylde collaboration. So I still don't see any proof that 'Axl knew it was over'... only some Axl-fans are trying to prove that Axl said the truth in his fax. (BTW I don't want to turn it into an 'Axl is a liar' thread, since - surprise - everyone lies. But some Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Dizzy/Tommy etc. fans can't accept that their hero is only a human being.)

I'm not sure I see any link between your post and mine. I was merely trying to explain why in my opinion Axl reacted that way, I'm not saying anyone is lying or whatever (I don't think I even used the words "lie" or "truth" in any of my posts). I don't see how reporting what I saw in a fax from Axl to explain his reaction turns me (or anyone else who tries to explain his reactions) into an Axl-fan who can't accept his "hero is only a human being." Explaining is not condoning. And again, I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just giving my opinion about this story.

Even though they tried out a Slash/ Wylde collaboration later on doesn't mean Axl didn't believe in it even then and thought it was maybe over. No one knows what he was thinking. Maybe he did believe in it, who knows? These are just theories, none of us absolutely has to be right or wrong.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:27:05 PM by Will » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2005, 07:00:27 PM »

, keyboardist Dizzy Reed is back in) Huh,

It surprises me how alot of fans dont remember how Dizzy wasn't in the band for a period of time in 94-95. GNR were a 4 member band(Axl,Slash,Duff, and Matt). No reason was ever given concerning his departure, and no mention about why he came back. I always figured it was because they were gonna do a hard rock album and didn't need keyboards. When/If Axl comes back, someone should ask him about that moment in time.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2005, 07:13:59 PM »

I didnt know that, but a hard rock album, that had been like a come back to the gnr roots, another improved AFD. Great
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2005, 07:15:52 PM »

I didnt know that, but a hard rock album, that had been like a come back to the gnr roots, another improved AFD. Great
Yeah, add it to the list of things we'll never get to here. hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2005, 07:30:43 PM »

well I think gnr would had did better in the mainstream back in the 90's if they didn't do so many ballads, basically went from estranged to since I don't have you.. A nice back to what made them big would had been nice.. Another jungle type song.. drool
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2005, 08:03:05 PM »

Some people blame Slash and Duff, for trying to make the same music, and then, they got bored and left the band. But What else could the do, if GNR once used to be about nothing but the best Hard Rock ever. And how selfish can you be, to destroy a band of brothers, I mean, He could have gone Solo, remember he is "genious "but no, he prefered to have the rights and the name of the band and in 2002 sing Hard Rock songs, even Think About you, by Izzy and later not even opening the door to him.
Megaguns
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2005, 05:52:51 AM »

cool pic, really sad that its the last pic of them straight after their final live performance togethor, That one needs framing.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2005, 12:19:57 AM »

pretty heavy speculations going on in here, lol.
I think Axl wanted to keep the picture for himself cos it's s good picture and cos it was taken the last day of the UYI tour....isn't that possible?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
conny
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2005, 12:45:50 AM »

pretty heavy speculations going on in here, lol.
I think Axl wanted to keep the picture for himself cos it's s good picture and cos it was taken the last day of the UYI tour....isn't that possible?

Well he could have just asked the guy for a copy instead of "trying to grab it"  hihi 

Whatever, it's one hell of a cool photography.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2005, 08:44:04 PM »

no no, the picture is so cool, Axl had to have it immediately! Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2005, 09:05:02 PM »

, keyboardist Dizzy Reed is back in) Huh,

It surprises me how alot of fans dont remember how Dizzy wasn't in the band for a period of time in 94-95. GNR were a 4 member band(Axl,Slash,Duff, and Matt). No reason was ever given concerning his departure, and no mention about why he came back. I always figured it was because they were gonna do a hard rock album and didn't need keyboards. When/If Axl comes back, someone should ask him about that moment in time.

Better luck if someone asks dizzy... see what he says about it

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2005, 09:46:05 PM »

Very cool picture.

I don't necessarily see a "rift" between them there... just two thoroughly exhausted rock stars... in desperate need of a vacation from everything.

Obviously Axl was screwing around with the techno sh1t as early as '91, but I have to believe that his initial hope was that the core band (Axl, Slash and Duff) would be able to reconcile and evolve together. That certainly would make his job a lot easier in trying to plow ahead with the GN'R name. I think things became irreconciable in 95-96 when Axl realized that Slash would NEVER evolve the GN'R sound as drastically as Axl thought necessary and would likewise would not make room for another quality guitarist... yada yada yada yada.... but I think all those conclusions had not yet been made in '93. If they were p1ssed and irritated with each other in '93... it probably had much more to do with being with each other all over the world for 2.5 years straight... Axl's ridiculous touring habits/demands... and the full feature productions the band's videos had become...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Evolution
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

no no, the picture is so cool, Axl had to have it immediately! Grin

hihi hihi Funniest post i've read today
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »