Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:25:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)  (Read 21055 times)
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2005, 11:53:37 AM »

I dont see anything weird in this picture, you are all nuts....

Axl is just talking to Slash and thats it... I dont see why Axl should be sitting on Slash's lap in order to not seem "distant" in your eyes...  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 12:15:45 PM »

I dont see why Axl should be sitting on Slash's lap in order to not seem "distant" in your eyes...? Roll Eyes

Holding hands would also work!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 12:19:19 PM »

I dont see why Axl should be sitting on Slash's lap in order to not seem "distant" in your eyes...  Roll Eyes

Holding hands would also work!  hihi

/jarmo

I bet Slash went like this--->  drool for Axl in the glam days  rofl

love
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »

I agree with killingvector, everybody is reading more into this photo than was actually there.  the two of them kept working together after this picture so it wasn't like a "parting glance" or anything.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:49:15 PM by Bridge » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 12:58:32 PM »

I posted the pic on this board back in June @ http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21589.msg354192#msg354192

I also sent that scan to John for his site and it's available in this site's pictures section.
/jarmo

Jarmo,
You got some very interesting pics on that thread of rare GNR pics.
I still think that this pic is the most interesting BY FAR, considering the way things have gone down with GNR in the last 12 years.
I'm glad I could help people see this pic now, it deserves its own thread of discussion.

MNR

......as you feel that you deserve to pat yourself on your back.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
conny
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005, 02:54:42 PM »

Some people are just to blind to see...

Look at their eyes and the body language. This is one of the greatest photos in rock history ever. It's a DOCUMENT. It says more than 100 promo shots.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2005, 02:59:20 PM »

Look at their eyes and the body language. This is one of the greatest photos in rock history ever. It's a DOCUMENT. It says more than 100 promo shots.

This post takes the cake!
I would say it is certainly the most significant GNR photo I have ever seen.
I recall that there is no photo/promo photo taken of GNR after 1991 when they were shooting for the back cover for the UYI record. The band certainly grew apart over time and this photo indicates just how distant things were by 1993 between Axl and the group.

BTW, some of the GNR fans out here think that this pic shows nothing significant about GNR.
Obviously it did since Axl Rose took issue with the pic and almost tore it in half to take it and never have it for fans to see. This is the same Axl Rose who almost didn't put out the NOvmeber Rain video and the UYI records, thereby nearly denying us fans even more of our favorite band, much like he's been denying GNR fans the nu material.

MNR
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 03:07:20 PM by marknroses » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2005, 04:09:47 PM »

i like it, whether what occured at the time was relevent or not, in hindsight its a great photo, cause it does look like they're distant, and slash looks like he's thinking, 'i don't need this shit anymore', even if he was thinking, 'should i fuck the blonde, or the brunette, or both'

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2005, 04:19:16 PM »

I recall that there is no photo/promo photo taken of GNR after 1991 when they were shooting for the back cover for the UYI record. The band certainly grew apart over time and this photo indicates just how distant things were by 1993 between Axl and the group.

BTW, some of the GNR fans out here think that this pic shows nothing significant about GNR.
Obviously it did since Axl Rose took issue with the pic and almost tore it in half to take it and never have it for fans to see. This is the same Axl Rose who almost didn't put out the NOvmeber Rain video and the UYI records, thereby nearly denying us fans even more of our favorite band, much like he's been denying GNR fans the nu material.

MNR

Why does it take the cake? Because the person agrees with you?

I read the caption and it says that Axl tried to take the pic and it tore as a result; it doesn't say that he tried to tear it in half so that fans could never see it. You are assuming that. I

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2005, 04:19:37 PM »

i guess there are only a couple of pics on the internet of Axl between 1994 - 1999, And thats the mugshoot and the one were he has a beird and over his hair with a bandana??

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »

I find the Vegas 1-1-1 pics of Axl to be much more interesting than this one.  The most significant photo of the band was probably one from their early days. As I said, it is interesting, but because they did work with each after this point, its significance is muted.

This is the same Axl Rose who almost didn't put out the NOvmeber Rain video and the UYI records, thereby nearly denying us fans even more of our favorite band, much like he's been denying GNR fans the nu material.

Wow, I didn't even catch this comment the first time I read your post.  I doubt very much you know what is going on behind the scenes with the new band, therefore, uneducated statements like this mean nothing to me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:07:51 PM by killingvector » Logged

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 04:35:51 PM »

MNR

nice post, i tend to think the same thing, although it could very well be a coincident...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
conny
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »

Who is the photographer? Did he make any other GN'R photos? Does he have a website or a book out? I'd like to see more of his stuff...
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2005, 05:45:41 PM »

Who is the photographer? Did he make any other GN'R photos? Does he have a website or a book out? I'd like to see more of his stuff...

The name on the caption is Gene Kirkland.
As far as I know, this is the only pic I know that I he took of GNR.
I assumed that Robert John was the official photographer of GNR.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2005, 06:12:35 PM »

I guess you haven't seen his web site then:
http://genekirklandphotography.com/port.htm

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
conny
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2005, 06:33:54 PM »

I guess you haven't seen his web site then:
http://genekirklandphotography.com/port.htm

/jarmo

Thanks for that link.
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2005, 05:47:18 AM »

Slash looks annoyed to me in this picture? Undecided
It looks like Slash doesnt give a fuck what Axl is going on about, IMO

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2005, 05:47:51 AM »

Look closer - it kinda looks like Axl is about to throw a cup of water over Slash rofl
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2005, 05:57:08 AM »

Axl said that, but the others had a different story. Slash was still in the band in late 1996, it doesn't matter what Axl's saying.

I was just trying to explain why in my opinion Axl reacted that way when the picture was shown to him, nothing more, nothing less. As I and Jarmo explained, maybe he already knew it was over. We can't say for sure what he thought at that time.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2005, 07:43:48 AM »

Axl said that, but the others had a different story. Slash was still in the band in late 1996, it doesn't matter what Axl's saying.

I was just trying to explain why in my opinion Axl reacted that way when the picture was shown to him, nothing more, nothing less. As I and Jarmo explained, maybe he already knew it was over. We can't say for sure what he thought at that time.

A little contradiction against the 'Axl knew it was over' theory that after the Snakepit tour they tried out the Slash-Zakk Wylde collaboration. So I still don't see any proof that 'Axl knew it was over'... only some Axl-fans are trying to prove that Axl said the truth in his fax. (BTW I don't want to turn it into an 'Axl is a liar' thread, since - surprise - everyone lies. But some Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Dizzy/Tommy etc. fans can't accept that their hero is only a human being.)

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: