Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last PIC of Slash & Axl Rose together (7.17.1993)  (Read 21054 times)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« on: November 22, 2005, 04:44:33 PM »

Gunners,

I don't know if people have noticed this yet, but if you go to GNRONTOUR.com and look up 1993 setlists and go to the last GNR show at the River Plate in Buenos Aires and you look under photos, there was a recently added photo taken by Gene Kirkland. He adds in the caption that when he showed this picture to Axl in 1995, Axl tried to grab it from him, thereby tearing a part of the picture (you can see the tear).

The pic shows Slash and Axl talking backstage after they had just performed their last amazing show together (get the DVD bootleg). There seems to be a certain amount physical distance between the two in the picture. Slash looks all relaxed from the shower while Axl is still wearing his concert garb, smoking a cigarette and seems to be talking about something serious. The picture saddens me - it seems to show how Slash & Axl grew apart by the end of the UYI tour.

I don't know how to post this picture up on the HTGTH website, but I'm sure this will be of interest to many GNR fans (even for Axl fans - its one of his last pictures from the Live Era when he's off-stage).

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »

Here's a direct link to the photograph:

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/3913/19930717photo107ka.jpg
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 05:10:10 PM »

Wasn't the Estranged video recorded after this show? Or was it recorded between the european summer tour and the Buenos Aires shows?

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

I wonder why Axl wanted the picture? ?Did he not like it? ?Why did he want to keep it or destroy it?

Questions, questions, and more questions... Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:13:44 PM »

I don't know if people have noticed this yet, but if you go to GNRONTOUR.com and look up 1993 setlists and go to the last GNR show at the River Plate in Buenos Aires and you look under photos, there was a recently added photo taken by Gene Kirkland. He adds in the caption that when he showed this picture to Axl in 1995, Axl tried to grab it from him, thereby tearing a part of the picture (you can see the tear).

I posted the pic on this board back in June @ http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21589.msg354192#msg354192

I also sent that scan to John for his site and it's available in this site's pictures section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 05:14:37 PM »

The site: www.gnrontour.com

The picture:

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 05:15:59 PM »

I wonder why Axl wanted the picture?  Did he not like it?  Why did he want to keep it or destroy it?

Just guessing here, but I suppose Axl didn't like to be reminded of those times...

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 05:16:44 PM »

whos that in the far right?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 05:17:45 PM »

It is sad, but at least they were still talking at that point.  Also, Will, I would agree with you, but Kirkland says that he showed it to Axl two years later, implying 1995, right?  So, if that's right, then Slash hadn't left by that point.  I think.

Ali
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 05:18:13 PM »

whos that in the far right?

Looks kinda like Gilby

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 05:21:24 PM »

This picture is extraordinary. The first time I saw it, I though it was different from all the other ones I had seen of the band. The color (grey/black and white), the faces, the distance between Axl and Slash... it's... Cry

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 05:26:45 PM »

It is sad, but at least they were still talking at that point. Also, Will, I would agree with you, but Kirkland says that he showed it to Axl two years later, implying 1995, right? So, if that's right, then Slash hadn't left by that point. I think.

Officially, Slash left in october '96. But Axl clearly states in his 10.29.96 fax to MTV that Slash is not "musically involved in GN'R since april '94". So I think, in his mind, at the time the picture was shown to him, Slash had already left the band...

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 05:28:46 PM »

Wasn't the Estranged video recorded after this show? Or was it recorded between the european summer tour and the Buenos Aires shows?

The video for Estranged was made after the tour. I believe this happened either in late July or Early August 1993.
It would have been impossible for GNR at the time to make the video for Estranged while on tour because they went straight from Europe to South America to finish it up strong.

Point is THIS PIC could very well have been the last PIC of Axl & Slash together.

What a Shame.
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 07:19:07 PM »

wonder what they said to eachother....

and yes, i guess it's possible that they didn't see each other during the making of estranged...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
conny
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 07:27:17 PM »

The picture is......WOW!

Are there any more pics like this one? I mean backstage and studio stuff, like unposed pictures where they are just playing an instrument, chatting or sitting/standing around NOT looking in the camera? I love those pictures!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:39:00 PM by conny » Logged
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »

Are there even any points in the Estranged video where Axl and Slash are together?

What about Since I Don't Have You?

It's been a while since I saw those videos, but I don't remember there being any scenese with both guys?
DIABOLIK
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

Dear Conspiracy Theorists,

Sometimes a photograph is just a photo...  I have the Argentina bootleg and Slash is wearing those same ripped jeans during the gig so maybe instead of their being some sort of "great distance" between Axl and Slash, Slash merely put a towel on his mop of wet hair so that it would dry quicker.  I know that's not nearly as exciting as reading between the lines but what I see is two men talking after a stellar performance, not to mention 2 and a half year long world tour.  If I could lip read photographs I'd tell you exaclty what they are saying.  While this conceivably is the last picture of Axl and Slash from the UYI tour, lets not forget that they made the "Since I Don't Have You" video after "Estranged" so whose to say that Gene Kirkland or Robert John didn't capture them together  on that shoot? 

If a person digs deep enough they can create a scenario that suits their need and if enough people buy into that conspiracy theory then unfortunately it becomes accepted as fact.  Case and point is that a great portion of American high school students believe Oliver Stone's JFK is 100% concrete fact while that's not the case.  Stone's JFK is pure fiction and has been proven as such but that doesn't change the fact that A LOT of people believe it to be true.  The same thing happens on these message boards.  One person comes up with a theory, a few more support and regurgitate it, and suddenly GNR history is being re-written.

Cool photograph, nothing more....

Evolution
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 08:11:35 PM »

Isn't the distance due to the fact Axl is walking?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 08:30:53 PM »

Remember 'The Omen'? when the journalist develops the photos and the one of the priest has a spear pointing down at his head? Kinda reminds me of that!  Shocked

Anyway, its a cool photo, albeit a dissapointing one if you read too much into it

Here today...ready to rock
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 08:34:39 PM »

?Very cool pic, great thread. ?What makes that pic so cool to me is the shitty wood panneling, fluorescent lighting, and Coca-Cola sticker in the background. ?It reminds me of a buddy of mine's basement! ?Can anyone here picture Axl feeling comfortable in such surroundings anymore??? ?I picture Axl nowadays in lamborghinis, mansions, etc. ?

?I think it's time for Axl to do what Rocky did in Rocky III, and that is, get back to his roots, train hard, drop a kick-ass album, and re-claim his rightful place on the throne as the fuckin' king of rock n roll!!! ?Anyone else agree???

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: