Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  An Opinion Of Mine
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Opinion Of Mine  (Read 4675 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: November 22, 2005, 04:32:05 PM »

A previous thread pointed out that guys would sleep with anything, even a goat.

But I was just thinking sex and sexuality is a beautiful thing and why don't we just accept that men are different than women and men are more like hunters about sex than women. It's just a thought.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »

Why should everyone accept your opinion that you seem to base on... well.. up to this point.. nothing?? another thought..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Men will always be different to women and that's why I like women Grin

No man can be my equal
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 06:31:18 PM »

Why should everyone accept your opinion that you seem to base on... well.. up to this point.. nothing?? another thought..

No where anywhere in my post did I say that people had to accept my opinion.

And, your post had absolutely no substance in it, you have nothing to say.
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

Well thank God we're different!  Hah, that's the fun . . .   Grin 

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 07:26:15 PM »

Well thank God we're different!  Hah, that's the fun . . .   Grin 

Welcome back Chelle.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »

well I accept that some women are sex hunters too...
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 09:06:16 PM »

No where anywhere in my post did I say that people had to accept my opinion.

And, your post had absolutely no substance in it, you have nothing to say.

Well, your opinion is implied, but you did say "why don't we just accept" as if your opinion was a foregone conclusion...

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 01:09:32 AM »

A previous thread pointed out that guys would sleep with anything, even a goat.

But I was just thinking sex and sexuality is a beautiful thing and why don't we just accept that men are different than women and men are more like hunters about sex than women. It's just a thought.

Women hunt too.

They just aren't as vocal about it as we are.

We are too dumb to keep our mouths shut for once second....

Sterlingdog
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 01:57:51 AM »

There is a theory, (forgive me, but I don't remember the name), that relates to this I think.

It is the idea that humans, like all creatures, instinctively want to ensure the survival of their own genes.  Because of a woman's biology, she can only be pregnant a limited number of times in her life.  Therefor, each pregnancy has to count.  So the best way to ensure she brings a child to adulthood is to select a mate who is strong, healthy, and will stick with her to protect her and the child.

The best way for a man to ensure his genes survive, is to basically play the odds.  He should have sex with as many women as he can and get as many pregnant as he can.  Then he has good odds that at least some will survive to adulthood.

I'm not saying I agree with this theory, but if you do, it could be argued that in asking a man to be faithful to one woman we are actually asking him to go against his basic human nature.  You can call it the Goldie Hawn theory.  She didn't write it, but I've heard her quote it as the reason she's cool with Kurt Russell sleeping around. 
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 02:04:01 AM »

I accept it! I slept with a goat  crying
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 05:27:56 AM »

I'm not saying I agree with this theory, but if you do, it could be argued that in asking a man to be faithful to one woman we are actually asking him to go against his basic human nature.  You can call it the Goldie Hawn theory.  She didn't write it, but I've heard her quote it as the reason she's cool with Kurt Russell sleeping around. 

That's a load of crap. What the theory says is that humans are akin to animals. I think we're more civilized than that...  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 01:12:08 PM »

"The best way for a man to ensure his genes survive, is to basically play the odds.  He should have sex with as many women as he can and get as many pregnant as he can.  Then he has good odds that at least some will survive to adulthood."

"Because of a woman's biology, she can only be pregnant a limited number of times in her life.  Therefor, each pregnancy has to count.  So the best way to ensure she brings a child to adulthood is to select a mate who is strong, healthy, and will stick with her to protect her and the child."

Thank God these are just theories (LOL)...the man theory not only puts humans in line with animals but from a "reality check" point of view it means that there is some major ego going on...not to mention the fact that guys who do that kind of activity piss me off (and that's just my two cents) because I end up supporting their freaking off spring via the welfare system, etc.

The second theory about woman assumes that every woman has a maternal instinct which is false. But since we're only talking theories it's nothing to waste energy over...

Getting back to the original gist of this post...I have always said that guys are different than chicks...most women (not all) attach more emotional "stuff" to the act of making love and guys are just into the sex, that's why I would never have an expectation of  a guy being "faithful" -- (although, making it legal does add a tiny bit of security)...and when they get caught with another chick and they tell their girlfriends, it was just sex, it didn't mean anything, that is really the truth...that's a concept that women have issues getting their arms around...hey a happy Thanksgiving everyone
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 04:54:23 PM »

I accept it! I slept with a goat  crying
Holy crap Carlos  Shocked that's bestialism  hihi

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 06:37:23 PM »

haha Mr. Dick Puple...

By the way I like women, but I couldnt eat more than 2.  Roll Eyes
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 06:45:32 PM »

haha Mr. Dick Puple...

By the way I like women, but I couldnt eat more than 2.  Roll Eyes

now that must be some tongue you have Tongue

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 07:01:22 PM »

Tongue <---- Here's the tongue...  beer
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 07:20:59 PM »

That's a load of crap. What the theory says is that humans are akin to animals. I think we're more civilized than that...  Wink

There are tons of traces in everyday behavior that implies humans are, deep down, quite similar to animals. I don't think it's smart to just dismiss them based on "we're more civilized", when there's clearly a connection.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Evolution
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 08:29:28 PM »

8)You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 11:15:21 PM »

Well thank God we're different! Hah, that's the fun . . . Grin

Welcome back Chelle.

Thanks baby   Kiss

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: