Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rather than keeping GNR fans waiting for CD, should AXL release IRS Single?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rather than keeping GNR fans waiting for CD, should AXL release IRS Single?  (Read 3080 times)
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 20, 2005, 03:13:10 AM »

I'm sure many of you have heard the IRS demo. Rather than keeping his fans feel bored, disappointed and outdated listening to the "old songs", do you think AXL should release an IRS single?? OR any other new song as a single?
IRS is a very very good song and I think IF AXL STILL NOT READY to release CD, he should just release an IRS single first.

We don't want GH2 or WTTJ!! We want new songs... Old songs is bullshit and I don't have an appetite hearing them.

Release IRS single soon and then Chinese Democracy next year...

Anyone who agrees with me, please email Sanctuary or Richard or Dizzy about this. I doubt they will listen to you but MAYBE there is 1% chance they would...

IRS as a single will be awesome, kick ass and GNR record company will make $$$ instead of releasing GH2.

Your thoughts please??

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 06:20:10 AM »

I would love that idea....Its just weird..Theres a new double cd out in less than a month
and we know NO tracklist and in makes NO sence to release another greatest hits withing 18 months or whatever UNLESS theres some NEW material and they have a new video to help sales but even if this all happened Axl would get bagged for after all these years that he can only put 1 or 2 new songs on a CD after all this time..
I would love a new single IRS?? any new single and new video for that matter.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 07:34:28 AM »

I think a single woukld be cool if the album was ready within a few months... It had to definetly be coming out.. They aren't going to release a single to please us that's for sure
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 09:00:43 AM »

Axl should release his music as singles. As soon as he's finished with 3 songs, just fuckin' release it!

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 09:56:28 AM »

Perhaps he could take advantage of the newer "internet-only" downloads?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 01:54:58 PM »

nothin should be done until Axl is ready to release the album. I dont wanna hear any material until the album is ready to come out. Then bust out a single and away we go. Till then I dont want any holdovers, gh, pajama pants, books,jackets or anything else. I just want CD.

It wouldnt make sense to release a song now anyways. WHy continue with this stop and go stuff? When your ready, go at it full force instead of an unorganized way.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:35:27 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 07:02:09 PM »

Releasing a track is too commercial. Maybe for a soundtrack but nothing else. But this isnt fucking Velvet Revolver releasing a soundtrack every 2 years.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:06:23 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 08:28:05 PM »

It might be the plan to include one or two new songs on GH2 as singles and then release CD early next year. That way you could get old fans buying the GH cd for the old material and being introduced to the new stuff at the same time.

Obviously, I would rather Axl just put CD out, but at this point I would be happy to get any new material, even if it is just one or two songs.
Elrothiel
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 08:33:01 PM »

I want fucking CD!! I don't want anything else! I don't want a promotional lunch box, or a promotional coffee mug, or a promotional laptop cover! I just want the fucking music!!!

I don't mind when actually, I just want to hear it!! I want to put that album in my CD player and put in my headphones and think "Aaah.... bliss!!"

ok
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »

^I agree SkynyrdGirl, if a single was released it would just be another mind game played on us thinking CD is on the way.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 09:12:56 PM »

An EP album should be released with 5 songs that got left off CD and include the single from CD.  That way we will get a taste of CD.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 09:17:36 PM »

An EP album should be released with 5 songs that got left off CD and include the single from CD.? That way we will get a taste of CD.
fuck a taste, it's too late, we need the whole thing!
Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 10:15:25 PM »

Yea SuperMike!! Fuck EPs, fuck singles, and fuck ALL promotional items!! I want the ALBUM and then a tour!! And THEN he can release EPs, singles and promotional things!! ok

I'll always believe in Axl, but at the moment... I just want the album! And to meet him so I can give him a big hug! yes Kiss
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

Axl could do what Anthrax did with their 'I'm the Man' single/EP. Release a cd with 3 different versions of the same song. It sold very well for Anthrax, and would be a cool way of finally bringing new gnr out in the open.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 12:57:47 PM »

I want the CD too but releasing a single it's quite cruel don't you think? it's like giving a hungry boy a cookie, but the cookie will not end his hunger, right?

No man can be my equal
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 01:33:38 PM »

I want the CD too but releasing a single it's quite cruel don't you think? it's like giving a hungry boy a cookie, but the cookie will not end his hunger, right?

Interesting analogy  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 05:28:10 PM »

I would take whatever was available.. I don't have this I need cd totally or nothing at all.. If everyone can go ape shit over a clip for irs not even done then I can get a studio finished single... Take whatever you can while it's there before plans change and you never hear anything.. Doesn't matter since nothing is ever released
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 05:53:39 PM »

Just release something new. IRS or whatever.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 06:38:58 PM »

Yeah, release something, damnit!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 07:58:31 PM »

Interesting analogy  ok

But it just might satisfy him until dinner. Especially, if dinner was only an hour away.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: