Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many people believe that WTTJ: Best of GN'R will really be CD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many people believe that WTTJ: Best of GN'R will really be CD?  (Read 9510 times)
Evolution
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 08:22:44 PM »

I would say definately no. But i really want to be wrong.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 08:23:35 PM »

?Maybe there disguising CD with calling it Best of GnR for the time being, due to the fact that axl could back out and postpone it. ?Which would piss everyone off. ? If this Greatest hits thing got postponed nobody is gonna be actually pissed off about it. U get what im sayin?

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 08:24:42 PM »

What else could they possibly add to a GH? They pretty much had every hit on the first greatest hits, and that'd be stupid to just release the same songs plus about 5 more. To me it would make more sense if GH2 was actually chinese democracy... but there's about a one in a million that would happen...
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 08:33:07 PM »

What else could they possibly add to a GH? They pretty much had every hit on the first greatest hits, and that'd be stupid to just release the same songs plus about 5 more. To me it would make more sense if GH2 was actually chinese democracy... but there's about a one in a million that would happen...

its also called   Best of gnr     and in my opinion they have alot more songs that are better than half the songs that were on the original greatest hits.   But fact is i dont give a shit about the first or second one,  cause I already have there albums,  y would anyone wanna buy that shit if you already have there all there songs.  So lets hope this is actually CD, and that johan is right about cather in the rye, and if that single drops like he says it may,  I bet a million dollars DEC 20 is Chinese Democracy.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 08:37:45 PM »

I dont know much about the music industry but isnt it stupid to release it only four days before christmas eve?
Many people are finished buying gifts by that time so I would rather release it one week earlier.
If they release it on 20th december its only gonna be "out there" 3 and a half days before christmas.
Am I just being stupid?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 10:12:01 PM »

A CD release 5 days before Xmas doesn't  make much sense, but has anything in the world of GN'R made sense lately.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 10:21:57 PM »

No. I would like to see CD promoted the right way, not masquerading as some other release...

Fuck 'Em All.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 02:56:09 AM »

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say 'yes'.

I have a good feeling about this

CD doesnt need much promotion - it will be a momentum gaining type marketing strategy, not a bombastic, cash grab type affair. Longevity and word of mouth. Strong reviews, underwhelming initial exposure.

I could be wrong, but it makes no sense to release a B/O in this manner (not saying it doesnt make sense per se, but why wouldnt a B/O be timed, as they generally are, to reap the benefits of the Christmas rush?)

On the other hand, it makes perfect sense to disguise it as something else - a) for reasons pertaining to piracy and b) to continue in the 'surprise/secretive' vein that this project and GNR projects in the past have subscribed to.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:58:11 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
DemocracyRose
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 05:59:11 AM »

I really dont know what to believe...

But it doesnt make sense to release a GH2 or CD the 20 dec....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 06:00:11 AM »

rofl

Dream on....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 06:24:10 AM »

its also called? ?Best of gnr? ? ?and in my opinion they have alot more songs that are better than half the songs that were on the original greatest hits.? ?But fact is i dont give a shit about the first or second one,? cause I already have there albums,? y would anyone wanna buy that shit if you already have there all there songs.? So lets hope this is actually CD, and that johan is right about cather in the rye, and if that single drops like he says it may,? I bet a million dollars DEC 20 is Chinese Democracy.

Johan said 8th december to coincide with 25th anniversary of Lennons death.

The link here is the killer dropped a copy of the book "The catcher in the rye"
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 06:34:03 AM »

Never say Never, where Guns N Roses are concerned! Thats my opinion! We will all find out sooner enough! Mike

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 06:44:10 AM »

Yeh totally agree. Expect the unexpected.

However, I don't think this release date is set in stone as the amazon listing took me a while to find. Normally, with new pre-order releases they are at the top of the list when you search for the band.

I typed in Welcome to the jungle and a lot of tributes came up before i found the actual guns CD  no nervous
conny
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 07:05:23 AM »

I keep my fingers crossed...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 07:07:57 AM »

if it really was chinese democracy then dont you reckon something would have been leaked!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 07:16:13 AM »

Four words: no way in hell. Smiley

mustashius
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 07:48:12 AM »

I want to believe ! I want to believe it's Chinese Democracy, don't know if it's going to happen on december 20th but I think n hope 'soon' is really the word these days n no I don't think that we'll see both of them in short period of time - for that it's for sure 'no way in hell' !

I've seen a rich man beg
I"ve seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 08:57:31 AM »

The release date is a commercial suicide either for GH2 or CD. It'd be good if the double album was CD and the 'ten extra songs', but there will be no new Guns N' Roses album without a single first. (Considering that they have brain.)

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Apgnr
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2005, 09:34:11 AM »

This is just guesswork but If Axl signed a 20 year contract with Geffen in 1986 then I guess it would run out on December 31st 2005. 

I doubt he would renew his contract with them after the Greatest Hits fiasco and the lawsuit which followed.  I suspect Axl is withholding CD until his contract expires.  I know Geffen funded CD but maybe Axl probably found some legal loophole allowing him to release it with another company or maybe he will simply reimburse them.

So what Geffen/Universal are doing is actually quite smart from their point of view.  They just want to make money by any means necessary, even releasing another Greatest Hits/Best Of album days before their contract with Axl runs out.  They do not care how tacky they look.

Remember Axl said that releasing Greatest Hits would only delay Chinese Democracy further.  Well what he might have meant was he is going to wait for his contract to expire, find a new record company and release it with them.

This is just my personal opinion.  Now feel free to rip it to shreads.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »

This is just guesswork but If Axl signed a 20 year contract with Geffen in 1986 then I guess it would run out on December 31st 2005.?

I doubt he would renew his contract with them after the Greatest Hits fiasco and the lawsuit which followed.? I suspect Axl is withholding CD until his contract expires.? I know Geffen funded CD but maybe Axl probably found some legal loophole allowing him to release it with another company or maybe he will simply reimburse them.

So what Geffen/Universal are doing is actually quite smart from their point of view.? They just want to make money by any means necessary, even releasing another Greatest Hits/Best Of album days before their contract with Axl runs out.? They do not care how tacky they look.

Remember Axl said that releasing Greatest Hits would only delay Chinese Democracy further.? Well what he might have meant was he is going to wait for his contract to expire, find a new record company and release it with them.

This is just my personal opinion.? Now feel free to rip it to shreads.

I dont think Axl has a 20 years contract.
I am not sure but I believe he has a contract that states that he must release a certain number of cd`s before the contract expires.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: