Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many people believe that WTTJ: Best of GN'R will really be CD?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many people believe that WTTJ: Best of GN'R will really be CD?  (Read 9532 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« on: November 19, 2005, 05:51:29 PM »

I for one am slightly optimistic

BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 06:06:25 PM »

I hope so, I really do.  I'm not expecting it, but it would be such a great surprise.  In many ways it makes sense, but then there were a lot of occasions where it would make sense in the past.  I can't see how there could be a two-disc set of GN'R songs when they had so few albums.  People mentioned that they could have unreleased songs of the band from the past, but is that really "the best of guns n' roses"?

"I guess we'll have to wait and seeeeeeeeee"  Grin

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 06:07:11 PM »

Yeh me too.

I don't know much about the industry but I still don't see how you can release two greatest hits packages within in the space of 18 months. Makes no sense to me personally. I think it is CD or it is a teaser for CD for may 2006
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 06:11:32 PM »

No Chance at all...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 06:13:27 PM »

i think there is a chance that it might be CD. But i dont wanna bet my but on it! Lets wait and see. There sure is something strange about this release. Yes!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
MAD at NASCAR
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 06:23:46 PM »

if it is a greatist hits, will there be any more lawsuits filed by duff n slash?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:27:51 PM »

It's not CD.  But I do feel optimistic that in 06 we will see CD.  The fact that  there are multiple rumors, ie Merck telling Ross Halfin that CD is complete, makes me believe that CD will be in my hands sometime next year.  But this new GH compilation I feel is just that, a new GH compilation.

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 06:53:20 PM »

Who knows I think it would all make more sense if it were CD because why release another GH collection so soon? I don't know maybe Geffen is just plain out making a bad business move
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »

Might as well go with the CD-disguised-as-GH theory. How many times were we told this year that the album is done. Combine that with a GH already out and (IMO) a very odd silence from Mysteron. It's as plausible as anything else at this point. I think it's actually more plausible than GH II.... although I'd be really curious to see the tracklisting they'd come up with.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:05:09 PM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 07:00:37 PM »

I'd like to think its Axl's new band with there versions of old songs ok then in 06 they release Chinese Democracy ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 07:05:02 PM »

Might as well go with it. How many times were we told this year that the album is done. Combine that with a GH already out and (IMO) a very odd silence from Mysteron. It's as plausible as anything else at this point. I think it's actually more plausible than GH II.... although I'd be really curious to see the tracklisting they'd come up with.
The reason you dont hear anything from Mysteron is because there's the small chance it could go either way. If he confirms its the GH2, but it ends up being CD, he loses credibility. If he says its CD and it ends up GH2, same thing. You'll hear from Mysteron, but AFTER things have settled down. You will NEVER hear from one of these people "in the know" when there is really something happening. You only hear from them when the smoke has cleared.

RichardNixon
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 07:10:21 PM »

I doubt it. Why would they release Chinese Democracy on 12/20? Why not wait 'till the spring? Or release it sooner, in time for x-mass? Also, 12/20 is just over a month away, wouldn't a single have been sent out by now?
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 07:11:51 PM »

Might as well go with the CD-disguised-as-GH theory. How many times were we told this year that the album is done. Combine that with a GH already out and (IMO) a very odd silence from Mysteron. It's as plausible as anything else at this point. I think it's actually more plausible than GH II.... although I'd be really curious to see the tracklisting they'd come up with.

Good theory that. Dont see why they are bringing out a GH 2 for. Didnt buy the first one and wont buy this if its GH 2.

And whoever said it could be the new band with their versions of the old songs, i hope it isint that either. And when was the last time Geffen actually said anything about guns and new stuff coming out. ?

And why not 20th december, it would be the biggest x mass present ever.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 07:12:40 PM »

Might as well go with it. How many times were we told this year that the album is done. Combine that with a GH already out and (IMO) a very odd silence from Mysteron. It's as plausible as anything else at this point. I think it's actually more plausible than GH II.... although I'd be really curious to see the tracklisting they'd come up with.
The reason you dont hear anything from Mysteron is because there's the small chance it could go either way. If he confirms its the GH2, but it ends up being CD, he loses credibility. If he says its CD and it ends up GH2, same thing. You'll hear from Mysteron, but AFTER things have settled down. You will NEVER hear from one of these people "in the know" when there is really something happening. You only hear from them when the smoke has cleared.

If he does know anything... and I'm not saying he does... he'd do well to keep his mouth shut about it. If he's a confidant of anyone in the Sanctuary/Uni/GNR realm, and for the sake of argument does actually know of a surprise release, how dumb would he have to be to talk about it here?

Any way, take him out of it. This being a situation of virtually no significance, I'll still throw down with this theory. What's there to lose. If it doesn't come out, or it's actually GH II, it's not going to change my world too much. I've dealt with letdown scenario since UYI.

I've seen enough.
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 07:19:18 PM »

NO WAY!  I am willing to bet $$$$$$$ on it, any takers? hihi

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 07:23:06 PM »

If he does know anything... and I'm not saying he does... he'd do well to keep his mouth shut about it. If he's a confidant of anyone in the Sanctuary/Uni/GNR realm, and for the sake of argument does actually know of a surprise release, how dumb would he have to be to talk about it here?

Any way, take him out of it. This being a situation of virtually no significance, I'll still throw down with this theory. What's there to lose. If it doesn't come out, or it's actually GH II, it's not going to change my world too much. I've dealt with letdown scenario since UYI.
Maybe I shouldn't have specified Mysteron. ?He's just high profile so his name came to mind. I meant any of the people who come here occasionally and act like they know something. Some guys come here, spew alot of shit, talk about all their "contacts", but when its "crunch time" they are nowhere to be found. There's several people who do that here and at the other forums. I didn't mean to "whine" about Mysteron. I was talking about everyone that comes here and spews insider shit.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 07:41:15 PM »

to me, the best of disc actually being the new album doesn't make sense at all.  i could see a pretty small band doing something like this perhaps but not GNR and Axl who have a LOT riding on this project!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

Since Axl said in 02 theres over 70 songs, and we heard from Dizzy that theres three CD's of material, and Tommy expects GNR news soon, I think the "Best of" title could be a cover of CD because the GNR today is the new band, and maybe its the "Best of" GNR material from the new band.  So I would not be surprised if it actually turned out to be CD, which would be awesome.  The only thing that I am not so sure about is Richard saying in 2006, now if the "Best of" album gets delayed but officially announced for release lets say in Jan or Feb, the I think it has a real chance of being CD. Only time will tell.

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 07:55:10 PM »

i think there there is a very low probability that it is a cover up for CD...Hopefully we will get one or 2 new trcks though.. it makes zero sense for the record company to release a double album of old material... i'm really hoping for the blues and maddy... but am pretty sure that we will be dissapointed
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 08:14:13 PM »

I think its a weird situation, but the odds of them releasing chinese democracy like this are slim to none.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: