Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:25:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How long have you waited for Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long have you waited for Chinese Democracy?  (Read 3789 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005, 01:50:36 AM »

I've been waiting since they announced that "Oh My God" was gonna be on the 'End of Days' soundtrack. I'd been a very casual fan since I was a kid, so about the summer of '99 I guess...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2005, 02:08:35 AM »

Only since.. the end of '04. Pathetic huh? you guys are inspiration though.. if you can wait as long as you have.. I know I can.

Im extreamly proud to be a gunner though, honestly.. and you guys make up part of the pride I feel.. knowing the awesome people here. Chinese Democracy '06 baby!

-jack

gnrevolution.com
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2005, 05:42:06 AM »

how long have I waited for cd or new material... Well new material is easy since the illusions, so 1991... Cd I have been somewhat aware since 1999.. Gnr was always broken up in my book so I wasn't expecting any albums... When I heard oh my god in 99 I thought there was a reason for the new song like an album to follow no
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2005, 07:49:24 AM »

Since 1994. I remember reading from a magazine that a new GN'R album would come out the following summer. I think it was Slash who said that. A lot of things have changed since then: line-up changes, oh my god, live shows etc... and every year I have thought that this is the year when it finally comes out. I'm still waiting, but I think it will be worth the wait when it's released. I just hope I don't have to wait another 12 years...
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2005, 11:44:20 AM »

Since 1994. I remember reading from a magazine that a new GN'R album would come out the following summer. I think it was Slash who said that. A lot of things have changed since then: line-up changes, oh my god, live shows etc... and every year I have thought that this is the year when it finally comes out. I'm still waiting, but I think it will be worth the wait when it's released. I just hope I don't have to wait another 12 years...

If you have heard "The Blues", "Madagascar" and "IRS", they are awesome songs and I trully believe that they are almost finished with CD. And it will kick ass!!!
I heard the Contraband and I do not like it. No disrespect to VR fans. I like Slash and Duff but I think VR music are no match for AXL. I like those 3 songs much better than VR. This shows that AXL can make a record without his original lineup while the others can't do it without AXL.
I'm predicting the latest by end of next year, we will see CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2005, 11:54:34 AM »

If you have heard "The Blues", "Madagascar" and "IRS", they are awesome songs and I trully believe that they are almost finished with CD. And it will kick ass!!!
I heard the Contraband and I do not like it. No disrespect to VR fans. I like Slash and Duff but I think VR music are no match for AXL. I like those 3 songs much better than VR. This shows that AXL can make a record without his original lineup while the others can't do it without AXL.
I'm predicting the latest by end of next year, we will see CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!

Really?! Cuz, I don't see an album by Axl yet. And we have no idea how the finished product will sound IF it ever sees the light of day.

Also don't forget that the writing of Contraband was kinda rushed (Lyrics especially). I think the next album will be much better. (I did like Contraband as well) Those guys know each other much better now (both Professionally and Personally). And I think, this time around, Weiland's lyrics/vocals will be much closer to the old stuff he did with STP on Purple and Tiny Music.

Some people around here should really try to get past the whole "If it's not Axl, it's Shit" attitude.

shaun
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2005, 11:59:04 AM »

When OMG was released i kinda thought CD was just around the corner.
How wrong i was   Huh

Then when [the new] GN"R played Rock N'Rio and played some new songs. I though CD must be just around the corner.
How wrong i was  Wink

Now 2006 is it for sure  Grin
--- ----- - ---
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:05:07 PM by D0badog » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: