Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GH 2 - Songs Re-Recorded?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GH 2 - Songs Re-Recorded?  (Read 3265 times)
NorthwindNS
« on: November 18, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »

Not sure if anyone has brought this up. But maybe Axl and the New Guns have recorded the songs from GH1, along with others, and they are releasing it as a greatest hits 2. I know of artists who have done this.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:02:11 PM »

Please, I don't want to hear "welcome to the jungle" with a fucking industrial/goth vibe played by the Marylin Manson wanabee mongolito on guitar. He can put his "new versions" of GN'R classics in his ass. Don't touch the old band music.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:05:16 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 06:03:33 PM »

now what old gnr song did  the new band play on the last tour that would make you believe all the nonsense you just posted?
I don't want to hear "welcome to the jungle" with a fucking industrial/goth vibe with the Marylin Manson wanabee on guitar. He can put his "new versions" of GN'R classics in his ass. Don't touch the old band music.

btw I agree that the new band shouldnt and they wont anyways touch the old stuff

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 06:04:40 PM »

Sometimes i'm pretty rude, but when it comes to "touch" the old band material, I think it's justified. I love too much the old band to even "think" about that possibility.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:07:38 PM by nesquick » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »

you still havnt answered my question

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 06:09:13 PM »

There's no problem to play the songs Live, but re-record them as studio versions and sell them to the general public is fucking nut. I don't like when Axl tries to re-write the History. What is done is done. Don't kill the myth of the old band.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:10:52 PM by nesquick » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 06:13:08 PM »

There's no problem to play the songs Live, but re-record them as studio versions and sell them to the general public is fucking nut. I don't like when Axl tries to re-write the History. What is done is done. Don't kill the myth of the old band.
thats fine..but why couldnt you say that in the first place instead of what you originally said?

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »

Please, I don't want to hear "welcome to the jungle" with a fucking industrial/goth vibe played by the Marylin Manson wanabee mongolito on guitar.

Don't be so hard on Fortus.  rofl

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 07:05:51 PM »

As much as I would like to hear it, and I'm a hardcore fan since 87, I feel that a rerecorded GH or AFD would hit Axl very hard in the press and generate a bad reputation for the new band.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 08:13:21 PM »

Not sure if anyone has brought this up. But maybe Axl and the New Guns have recorded the songs from GH1, along with others, and they are releasing it as a greatest hits 2. I know of artists who have done this.

id go for it!!

Anything from the new guys Tongue

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »

Bad idea at this moment in time. This might have been cool about 6 or 7 years ago, but not now.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 08:44:53 PM »

Please, I don't want to hear "welcome to the jungle" with a fucking industrial/goth vibe played by the Marylin Manson wanabee mongolito on guitar. He can put his "new versions" of GN'R classics in his ass. Don't touch the old band music.

Wow you really are a jackass. They played those songs on the last tour and it wasnt goth, so where in that pea-sized brain of yours do you get WTTJ or any other gnr song coming out goth? Roll Eyes
NorthwindNS
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 09:46:30 AM »

Wow you really are a jackass. They played those songs on the last tour and it wasnt goth, so where in that pea-sized brain of yours do you get WTTJ or any other gnr song coming out goth? Roll Eyes

I don't know what the big deal is about a re-recording of the old stuff! I realize that nothing could ever replace the history and legacy of AFD - but come on people. Times change and people change, I mean, I would definitely buy a cd containing re-recorded versions of songs. Cut the GOTH bullshit! I would enjoy listening to a 20-song compilation of re-recorded versions of songs like WTTJ, Knockin' on Heavin's Door, Colma, Estranged, ect. Axl's voice is different and it would be like listening to all new material. It would be great in my opinion.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 10:04:18 AM »

Damn, you are so disrespectful with Robin ! Did Robin say he wants to re-record AFD (plus with an industrial/goth vibe? hihi) ?
Moreover, 'mongolito' was a term I used when I was 5 years old? ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 01:19:23 PM »

Moreover, 'mongolito' was a term I used when I was 5 years old  ok

Does it imply anything racial? Then it's not just a matter of being rude, innit?  confused

I'd love to hear "welcome to the jungle" with a fucking industrial/goth vibe. And would buy the new versions of songs with turkish delight.

However, I can't cos it's not. Otherwise, Sanctuary wouldn't have denied the release (not that they would have affirmed it).
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 10:58:52 PM »

if that was the case, Axl could might as well move into the courthouse..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 01:16:09 AM »

I would be interested in listening to them, but in any way buying the same things I ve been listening for 5 years...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 02:49:28 AM »

well let me weigh in by saying it would? be an absolute disgrace, goth or no goth

it would be an insult to both the band and their fans to re-record and then release what is considered one of the classic albums of the last 20 years

and whoever said it would give the band a bad name is dead right

how can people call for this and support it as some kind of good idea, while on the other hand lambast Slash, Duff etc.. for "not moving on" etc....?? Huh

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
layne
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 06:48:05 AM »

I wanna hear the improved versions new band and the great Robin Finck played
fartinabag
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 10:02:24 AM »

Dear nesquick, you have made your point several thousand times over.  You hate Buckethead and you want to lick Fortus' nuts.  We get your point.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: