Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could GH2 be the band member's version of the GH album?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could GH2 be the band member's version of the GH album?  (Read 2463 times)
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 17, 2005, 08:25:08 PM »

This might have been mentioned in another topic, but I don't want to bother reading 30 pages to find out.

But do you guys think it's possible that the Greatest Hits 2 cd could be a cd of songs picked by Axl and whatever other old band members as being the real greatest hits cd? We all know that Axl, Slash and Duff were pissed off about the first Greatest Hits cd with a major reason being that the tracklisting was just put together by the label of all the singles. So it could be the case that the new GH cd has been picked out by the band members themselves to try and correct the fact that the oringal GH cd did not represent the very best gnr songs.

I know it's kind of a long shot seeing as Slash and Duff are probably more concerned with VR right now and I assume Axl is busy working on CD, but I just thought I'd throw that theory out there.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 08:27:25 PM »

Neither Axl, nor Slash or Duff seem to protest or to sue Geffen and Universal... to a certain extent it's weird. This is not in their habbits. In 2004 they were determinated to stop the GH album. This silence is weird. Maybe they don't care anymore.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 08:31:02 PM »

the first case established that the label can release GH without their approval, so there is no sense in trying to fight this one.

Also, what is Axl going to really say, "You're releasing another GH because I won't give you a finished album, but I don't want you to......and I want you to wait on me to finish my album you've already given me 13 million towards with no sign of a finished product."

There is no court case because Axl doesn't have a leg to stand on.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 08:46:06 PM »

I believe this album has something to do with the court case. GH 2 could be

1. some agreement the bandmembers entered into as part of a possible settlement.
2. a ploy by Universal to recoup money for 2006 made necessary when the trial was delayed until March, meaning no xMas release.
3. a cover for chinese democracy/single made available when the trail was delayed until after promotion for the album was completed.

I really think the trial date's move to March was a significant acton in the world of GnR; a move requested by Axl, if i'm not mistaken.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
madagas
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:04:49 PM »

Killin', I like your wild, intelligent speculation.....I do believe there is alot of negotiation and wheeling and dealing going on behind the scenes....especially between Axl and Geffen. I don't believe it is a harmonious relationship and Axl is playing hardball. Also, I think it is centered around more than the Chinese release...what is going to happen with the rest of the material?-especially if Chinese fulfills the contract. Huh
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:12:09 PM »

Why not ask Slash and Duff, if they know anything about Greatest hits 2 if they no nothing then its Chinese Democracy

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 09:17:16 PM »

All this talk of law suits, contracts, etc..............

.................. whatever happened to good ol` make a fuckkin` rock n roll record and rock ! no

-------and time goes by-------
rainX
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 09:19:04 PM »

i have a feeling this story is only going to get fucking weirder in 2006.........
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 06:23:12 AM »

This is way better than any TV show  hihi

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 11:31:14 AM »

My ass!
I bet It's No way in the hell Axls.
GH2 could be S n D's version of the GH album.
That's the Only possibility I can think of if it's real.

Because
1) The lawsuit over the GNR catalogue was brought up after the previous GH incident. (As I've been saying in the lawsuit thread and the other)
2) Axl's management is flat denying this rumour. (So, KV my dear, the merry ideas like a cover up for CD or a sign of settlement for the suit should be crossed off)
3) a reissue of GH coming up in January somewhere tells the other one should have something new.
4) Dizz hadn't heard of this one.
5) Richard hopes Cd to come out in 2006. So does Axl if the report on canyonnews is correct.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 12:36:28 PM »

Axl's management is flat denying this rumour.

I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing; they may want to put up the appearence of a protest, but these are all guesses at this point.

Personally, the chances of a cover are small, but I really wonder why Merck has eaten some crow to anyone about his 2005 prediction.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 02:06:23 PM »

I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing

Neither do I. Because I doubt this GH2 itself would necessarily affect the new release of GN'R that much. Tongue

On condition that the said source was not from Universal garbage collection ltd or something, the label n the management are not of one accord.
In this case, I'd say the reason for unis releasing GH2 is rather fishy.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 01:29:50 PM »

I believe this album has something to do with the court case. GH 2 could be

1. some agreement the bandmembers entered into as part of a possible settlement.

I really think the trial date's move to March was a significant acton in the world of GnR; a move requested by Axl, if i'm not mistaken.

Seemingly, it's real now.
And I have a second thought. Maybe this GH2 release means the lawsuit is coming to an end, to a degree.
In theory, If it is indeed S n D's version of GH2 (as I suspect), it should serve what they've been aimed after fairly well.
Yea, Mere assumption on my part.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: