Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  At what point....?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: At what point....?  (Read 4841 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« on: November 17, 2005, 04:30:14 PM »

Ok, theres a faint possibility that GH2 is masquerading as CD - very faint I feel. So that leads us to believe that Geffen are releasing another GH and this will inevitably delay CD some more - I'm thinking if GH2 is legit, we won't see CD for at least another year, probably more.

So the question beckons, at what point does Axl and more specifically his fans, conceed defeat? This isn't a question for bashing, I'm actually wondering how much it will take for people to give up once and for all?

I've been waiting a long time for this - since 94. ive been a fan a long time and theres no doubt i'll be a GNR fan my whole life. But I really am approaching a point where I view CD/nu GNR as a complete failure. I have always been dubious of this new incarnation but at the same time willing to give them a chance. I have always felt that although this new GNR dont have the magic that the original band did, theyd still make an amazing album. So, i'm close to thinking this thing will never happen - close but not quite over the edge yet.

So i put the question out there - at what point will you all realistically say "this project has failed"? Again, this isn't supposed to be a bashing post, I'm more interested in 'taking the pulse' of the diehard GNR fanbase at this stage.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 04:32:05 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:35:20 PM »

If need by i'll wait another 50 years, after all life goes on, its just something to look forward to, i know its frustrating but seriously, out side of this forum, how much of the time do u really worry about the album?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:43:42 PM »

I think Axls statement at the VMAs is the way to take the whole waiting thing, "don't wait, live your life."  I see your point, but their is other music out there.  By the way, Jeff Buckley was the man!  I love that album!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 04:44:31 PM »

So i put the question out there - at what point will you all realistically say "this project has failed"? Again, this isn't supposed to be a bashing post, I'm more interested in 'taking the pulse' of the diehard GNR fanbase at this stage.

Never my friend! I have been a fan since 1986 and I will always have faith! Dont get me wrong I want this album to come out now as badly as anyone else in the guns world and get frustrated with the delays, but I will never give up on the band or especially Axl and what I believe his vision to be! I fucking love what Guns n Roses have achieved and created over the years! And as for Axl himself the man is a fucking genius! So I will never say this project has failed! I wait patiently whilst getting on working hard at my job, supporting Ipswich Town Football Club, playing football at the weekend and then getting very pissed and trying to tie up buying my next house, just generally getting on with my life whilst waiting for the Holy Grail which is Chinese Democracy! Cheers Mike

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 04:44:49 PM »

If need by i'll wait another 50 years, after all life goes on, its just something to look forward to, i know its frustrating but seriously, out side of this forum, how much of the time do u really worry about the album?

Good call Izzy.  The only time I think about the album is when I have free time on my hands and I come here.  Other than that occasionally (every 4-5 months) the issue will come up with either my friends or my brother and we talk about it. 

I think some on here really think this could be the end of the world.  I always keep my expectations low so that when I am let down I won't be surprised or upset.  Although I wish all people would take this towards Chinese Democracy (and life in general for that matter) I understand that some people are simply more optimistic than me. 

I always have and always will think that the album will never come out.  Of course I want it to come out, but I really believe it never will. 
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 04:47:29 PM »

I still find the fact that this is a 2-disc GH very suspicious... Something doesn't add up, besides the fact that all of GNR's charted hits were present on the last compilation.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 05:05:58 PM »

Im a big music fan in general, so theres always an album Im looking forward to.
This one has been built up and hyped so much that its reached mythilogical proportions.
Coupled with this, GNR is really what kickstarted my obsession with music as an 11 yr old in 1988, so they hold a specail place for me

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 05:08:27 PM »

By the way, Jeff Buckley was the man!? I love that album!

one of the best of all time IMO  beer

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 05:14:35 PM »

Ok, theres a faint possibility that GH2 is masquerading as CD - very faint I feel. So that leads us to believe that Geffen are releasing another GH and this will inevitably delay CD some more - I'm thinking if GH2 is legit, we won't see CD for at least another year, probably more.

c'mon man dont say that , thats the last shit we wanna hear......been hearin' everyfuckin'year!! no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 05:22:38 PM »

c'mon man dont say that , thats the last shit we wanna hear......been hearin' everyfuckin'year!! no

i know its disappointing, but I feel thats a realistic statement

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »

I hardly ever even think about GnR if I'm not lurking on here. Everyone i know makes fun of me for being obsessed with a band that hasn't had an album in a dozen years. If the album never comes out....oh well, life goes on.

I'll always be ready for an announcement for CD though ok beer

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 08:14:37 PM »

Jimmy, nice post.  For me, I'll never give up.  Eventually, it will come.  I try not to worry about things I have no control over.  I find it to be self-destructive.  I'm like most folks here...I'll be happy as hell to buy this album!!!  I'll be a freaking lunatic at the store!!!  What else can I say?   peace beer peace beer   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 09:06:14 PM »

And for those of you who think this will delay CD, your wrong.  The only thing I see "The Best Of" doing is promoting CD.  By putting out a greatest hits and best of, your gaining more fans and bringing back old ones.  Then within 6 months you drop CD, and you have a lot more interested fans.  A lot more than you would have if nothing was released previously. 

Let's face the fact, it's been way too long since GNR has released any new material.  Without bringing back there hits and putting them on an album, many people may have just forgot about them, and surely the younger generation may not even have heard of them.  I think releasing a greatest hits, or best of, is a great idea for a band coming back after a long hiatus to release a new album.  GNR had an opportunity to release CD after the greatest hits came out, and now they will have another prime opportunity to release CD after the "best of" comes out.  Let's hope they don't pass on this one. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 09:23:17 PM »

I already "tried" dude... but wnna know what? I conect my computer and the first thing on my mind is "let?s see if that?s something new with GNR"... couse we are living YEARS with the feeling that "someting is going to happen today" ... so there you go, they can release GH2, another Live cd, rarities and etc... I will be ALWAYS hoping to hear the new album
 peace

rainX
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 09:39:49 PM »

I give up at the end of each day and I start to believe again when I wake up.  ok
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 11:13:04 PM »

I think, some GNR fans will die before Chinese Democracy is finally ready  hihi
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 11:17:46 PM »

I think, some GNR fans will die before Chinese Democracy is finally ready? hihi

Oh, i really hope not! That would not be fun at all! So, i guess you guys can hang in there a couple of weeks more Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 11:19:14 PM »

I give up at the end of each day and I start to believe again when I wake up.? ok

I get to this point at times as well!   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 11:33:19 PM »

I think, some GNR fans will die before Chinese Democracy is finally ready? hihi

Well that could be a new topic all in itself :

"How many GNR fans have died waiting for CD and how will this affect sales?"  hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 12:03:55 AM »

I really dont get what you mean by "give up"? GnR already gave us so many great albums to forever remember them by, that I still adore to this day as much as the day I bought them. How can you give up on something, when youve been a fan all along? Right now I consider myself a fan of the old material, while strongly supporting Axl's new music endeavors if they will ever be fulfilled. I dont see why we should get so worked up over this...if making music is no longer a perogative of Axl's, then thats entirely out of our hands, and the most we can do is support him in what ever he chooses to do with the remainder of his life, it would just be tragic to have put so much blood/sweat/and tears into this project only to abandon it.

As for realistically seeing no album in sight, well I really wont do that until bandmembers start leaving or this lawsuit proves to be a royal bitch-arooni-dooni Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: