Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Movie Errors
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie Errors  (Read 5235 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« on: November 16, 2005, 05:11:23 PM »

Well as the name describe it there are some mistakes in the movies if you remember one of them post it.
I saw in the morning back to the future II and I ask, if older biff went back to the past to give the almanaque to young biff, then when he return to the future, he should return to the twiested future and not to return to the normal future where Marty and the doc were, right? so I think thats a flaw.
Also I remember in Braveheart in a battle escene a guy get chop his hand and the in other escene we can see him with both hands huging his son  Shocked

No man can be my equal
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

I saw in the morning back to the future II and I ask, if older biff went back to the past to give the almanaque to young biff, then when he return to the future, he should return to the twiested future and not to return to the normal future where Marty and the doc were, right? so I think thats a flaw.

Well actually, when he returns to the normal future there is a deleted scene that shows Biff fading away which also explains why he's having so much trouble getting in and out of the car (when he breaks his cane).  I guess when he returns, the world is supposed to be "changing around him"... The REAL flaw in Back to the Future is this:

In part 1, the first test of the time machine is by sending Einstein a minute into the future.  Einstein disappears, and then the Doc says "after one minute we will catch up with him and the time machine"... and then the time machine reappears.
In part 2, Marty and Jennifer go into the future, but when they arrive in the future they have "duplicates".  The "duplicates" make no sense.  When Einstein went through time they said he skipped over that time, but when he showed up a minute later, there wasn't two Einsteins.  So how come when Marty and Jennifer do it, there are two of them?  When Marty leaves with the Doc at the beginning of Part 2, Biff sees them disappear... so, wouldn't Biff (and everyone in Marty's family) live 30 years not knowing where Marty went?

Anyways, the whole movie is about time travel... so I don't know why I put so much thought into it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 05:42:15 PM »

BTTF's are inherently flawed when it comes to "the space time continuum" hihi

In Terminator II, there are around 20 continuity errors
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 06:01:16 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »

I never usually notice them, but...

If you want to, just watch pretty much any scene ever filmed since the big bang (and maybe before, in the third draft) where the characters are eating food...Food that they have to use a spoon or fork for, preferably.

Continuity as far as this goes is, well, impossible unless you want to spend most of your reel on it.

I noticed it in Igby Goes Down, where they're eating ice-cream...

Just look at the food in their hand or on the spoon...How big or small the portion is, how much us left and so on and so on and so on. It jumps about all over the shop.

Urm...Like this:

Person1 is chatting shit with a big scoop of [food] on their spoon
cut to
Person2, while Person1 one is still chatting shit, who is nodding and eating said [food]
cut to
Person1, who hasn't stopped talking, yet has had the [food] stolen from their spoon.

Well...

I seem to notice it a lot at least.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 06:13:31 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 07:09:21 PM »

Notice how different Martys girlfriend looks in the first movie compared to the 2nd?

( different actress )

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 07:23:47 PM »

Notice how different Martys girlfriend looks in the first movie compared to the 2nd?

( different actress )

Hows that an error Roll Eyes

They didn't do it by accident - ''oh shit, ur not the girl in the last scene - oh to hell with it, u'll do''

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 07:42:12 PM »

here is an amazing website with tons of them

it's in french ... sorry

http://www.erreursdefilms.com/

Evolution
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 08:19:25 PM »

In Lords of the Rings(1st film) when Frodo and Sam are walking through a cornfield you can see car on a road in the background  hihi

http://www.moviemistakes.com/ Look what i found
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 10:11:33 PM »

In the movie Days of Thunder, during a scene one of the actress calls Tom Cruise 'Tom', instead of referring to him by his character's name. rofl

Buddy J.B.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 10:31:55 PM »

I don't know what's the big deal about movie mistakes, most of the time you don't realize until it's mentioned. But one did, in Evil Dead 2 after Ashe (played by Bruce Campbell) attaches the chainsaw on his right arm ,  he later picks something up with his "right hand', after it was cut off! confused
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 10:39:41 PM »

I don't know what's the big deal about movie mistakes, most of the time you don't realize until it's mentioned.

When you're a student of film/video, a lot of times you don't have to try too hard to notice certain things.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 11:01:45 PM »

In the movie Days of Thunder, during a scene one of the actress calls Tom Cruise 'Tom', instead of referring to him by his character's name. rofl

This happens in Star Wars too... after they blow up the Death Star and Luke is getting out of his ship, he yells "CARRIE!" when Leia comes over.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 10:07:51 AM »

When you're a student of film/video, a lot of times you don't have to try too hard to notice certain things.
Sometimes you don't have to be a student to notice certain mistakes.
And why oh why you change your ava?

No man can be my equal
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 12:01:18 PM »

Another Starwars one when Tarkin and Vader are talking in the meeting room. Vader is Moving his hands, body and head like he is talking but there is no voice hihi

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 03:30:25 PM »

This happens in Star Wars too... after they blow up the Death Star and Luke is getting out of his ship, he yells "CARRIE!" when Leia comes over.

Nope urban legend

The Lucasfilm guys took the sequence apart and analysed the sound during the special editions to deal with this misconception - he doesn't say Carrie and she doesn't say Luke, the sound is just a bit naff at that point no doubt due there their small budget

Source: those good but misguided people at Empire magasine

Sorry Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 03:45:30 PM »

I don't know if it's an error, but in Saw im pretty sure you can see the guy's foot after he supposedly cut it off.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 03:50:48 PM »

IN the ring 1 theres a scene where the microphone apears, its just a tiny 1 second. But I saw that on the cinema so I dont know if on DVD it has the same flaw

No man can be my equal
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 04:03:23 PM »

IN the ring 1 theres a scene where the microphone apears, its just a tiny 1 second. But I saw that on the cinema so I dont know if on DVD it has the same flaw
That happens to all movies if they're not aligned right to the screen.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 05:53:33 PM »

I read somewhere once that in Titanic, someone (I think DiCaprio) mentions how they used to go fishing with their dad at some lake in Minnesota I think.  Problem is that the lake was man-made after the Titanic sank.  Another good one is in Saving Private Ryan.  After Vin Diesel's character dies, there's a scene where the rest of the soldiers are walking through a meadow but there's still the same number of soldiers as there was before he died (8 I think). 

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 06:20:31 PM »

in titanic were the boat sinks, i'm sure that was an error
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: