Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the confusion,the silence, the secret
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the confusion,the silence, the secret  (Read 3626 times)
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« on: November 15, 2005, 05:57:10 PM »

With little tidbits of info we have had on the recent speculation of a seemingly possible release of a second album of greatest hits.? Just here of late we have gotten word of a double album of greates hits, confusion lingers in Gn'r roses land, and I have been trying to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Why haven't we heard anything from merck, 2005 was supposed to be the year.? Why is there going to be a double album of greatest hits, does that mean they will take greatest hits one and add the compilation to hits 2.? Why would they do this?? Why haven't the gnr camp uproared at this, and why is there two record companies, saying two different things? So many questions and know answers, Rnt, brave guy, telling Axl to answer all of us fans that are waiting in the wings trying to find answers, but does the iron curtain open, no its remains closed, seemingly for ever.? Could this be a cover up, what are the odds? Gnr go on tour in 2002, make an appearence on national television, and we havent heard from them in three years? is that logical my friend, so why couldnt this be a cover up.? I believe Chinese Democracy will be a double album, because one album is not loud and bold enough to be a strong attention getter, I dont know anymore.

Mysteron can you give us anything , or has your great knowlege been just a footstool in W Axl Rose throne of mystery and wonderment, that haunts us fans, to this day. Could you give us an answer on  this greatest hits album, is it real or false.

This cd is becoming like a government, that keeps its secrets, and keeps them well, away from the people who live in the shadow of it almighty hand, and wonder from day to day when can they know the true agenda of it presence, that lingers here and there spouting off rehashed propaganda, that causes us to be in bondage, of its agonizing dictatorship, that haunts us every day of? our lives.? Okay are you sure we will ever see freedom, will we ever see Axl give up his power to hold the keys and turn it over to a democracy so we shall all be free to hear and listen to just what this tribulation is all about, to be loosened from the power and to reign free, that which is and will someday be a musical freedom from musical oppression,a revolution that will be Chinese Democracy as we don't know it in all its glory or will we the people have to storm the canyon road, in need of freedom from the chains of musical oppression.

?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 07:27:45 PM by mack10 » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 06:07:40 PM »

I don't know if you're right, but I sure enjoyed reading that!? ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 06:31:38 PM »

Cool read.

I believe Chinese Democracy will be a double album, because one album is not loud and bold enough to be a strong attention getter, I dont know anymore.

I agree. Its either that or a trilogy as Axl apparently said.

I agree things like Chinese Democracy and Rhiad will be on one, and The Blues etc on the other. Not sure which one Madagascar would be on though. Probably the same one as the Blues because its a pretty subtle song and not really in your face.
RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 06:34:03 PM »

I really doubt "Chinese Democracy" will be a double album. Asking fans to shell out 50 percent more money or so, for 2.5 hours of music, after a 15 year wait is just too much.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 06:40:35 PM »

Cool read.

I believe Chinese Democracy will be a double album, because one album is not loud and bold enough to be a strong attention getter, I dont know anymore.

I agree things like Chinese Democracy and Rhiad will be on one, and The Blues etc on the other. Not sure which one Madagascar would be on though. Probably the same one as the Blues because its a pretty subtle song and not really in your face.

Hmm, the trilogy speculation... Well, back in the day when Axl said that I thought it would be an awesome idea.  Today though, with the pressure of releasing just one album, I just can't see Axl releasing 1 album with 2 more waiting.  Especially if the first one flops, I can't see Axl staying the course and releasing the other 2, he would just as easily start work and tinker with the other albums some more.

misterbrownstone
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 07:01:07 PM »

Cool read.

i wouldn't like htat.  foo fighters did it, and it didn't turn out well.  rockers on the one album, acoustic on the second.  not enough variety, and it was boring.  i wouldn't want a rock album and a ballad/epic album.  i want one album.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 07:35:33 PM »

Appetite For Destruction... 1 disk
UYI's... 2 disks...
Chinese Democracy... 3 disks
Huh??... 4 Disks!

hahaa...

gnrevolution.com
kathryn2662
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 12:12:03 PM »

He's making 3 albums, one will be released and he will go on tour, then the next will be released and so on.  All three are going to be finished before this whole thing starts.  Axl perfects his work to his standards, so times that by 3, it explains the time length a little better.  Unless there are future changes, then it'll be a little different.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 12:23:55 PM »

He's making 3 albums, one will be released and he will go on tour, then the next will be released and so on.? All three are going to be finished before this whole thing starts.? Axl perfects his work to his standards, so times that by 3, it explains the time length a little better.? Unless there are future changes, then it'll be a little different.

What you are saying is nothing new.  We learned this over 4 years ago and guess what, things change.  If this was still true, then we would have recieved all the albums by now. 

Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 02:29:50 PM »

I hope Axl is not planning on still following the plan of finishing all three albums and then releasing one-touring-releasing another one-touring and then releasing the third one. The reason I hope he doesn't follow this plan is because it will mean that we have to wait longer for all three to be finished in the first place and then knowing Axl after releasing and touring under the first one he will go back and spend another few years making changes to the second album before releasing it so that it will fit in with the state of the music scene at that time.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 09:34:54 PM »

He's making 3 albums, one will be released and he will go on tour, then the next will be released and so on.? All three are going to be finished before this whole thing starts.? Axl perfects his work to his standards, so times that by 3, it explains the time length a little better.? Unless there are future changes, then it'll be a little different.
If you wanna know what an optimist is, read the post above. hihi

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 10:59:32 PM »

The reason GH2 will be 2 discs is because you couldn't fit all the hits/singles onto one album.

No one would buy another GnR: GH if it didn't include the classics (WttJ, SCOM, PC, NR, ect.) so they need to put out a double disc set to gain more sales.

I'd say the chances of this being CD are 2% with a 2% margin of error.

It's just another greatest hits that we'll buy up because we're obsessed morons and the people who missed out on the first disc (want a more expaned collection) will eat up.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 11:39:06 PM »

The reason GH2 will be 2 discs is because you couldn't fit all the hits/singles onto one album.

No one would buy another GnR: GH if it didn't include the classics (WttJ, SCOM, PC, NR, ect.) so they need to put out a double disc set to gain more sales.

I'd say the chances of this being CD are 2% with a 2% margin of error.

It's just another greatest hits that we'll buy up because we're obsessed morons and the people who missed out on the first disc (want a more expaned collection) will eat up.
Trust me, you can fit all of GNR's hits on one disc. Its not like they have ten albums worth of material to dig through. It will have the "hits" plus shit like Its So Easy, DTJ,etc.  But nobody who likes GNR really gives a fuck. 99.9% of GNR fans already have the few albums that were released. I guess GH 2 is being marketed to the 00.1% of the fanbase that dont have them. This hits package is a huge mistake. Mark my words. It will be a huge flop.

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 11:49:42 PM »

With little tidbits of info we have had on the recent speculation of a seemingly possible release of a second album of greatest hits.? Just here of late we have gotten word of a double album of greates hits, confusion lingers in Gn'r roses land, and I have been trying to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Why haven't we heard anything from merck, 2005 was supposed to be the year.?

The answer: Chinese Democracy is a lie.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 12:11:26 AM »

As is the Jesus Of Suburbia!

Anyways , why in the name of fuck would anyone try and coverup one of the most anticipated hard rock albums of all time in the guise of a greatest hits album?! Seriously , wheres the logic?!

I for one think GH PT2 is just that , and it's coming out for one reason only , to make some money in place of money they had hoped to make by having GNR's Democracy album out by xmas (since seeing democracy this year now seems impossible)

peace gunners.

chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 12:16:08 AM »

I for one think GH PT2 is just that , and it's coming out for one reason only , to make some money in place of money they had hoped to make by having GNR's Democracy album out by xmas (since seeing democracy this year now seems impossible)

peace gunners.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the "this year" part might even be kind!

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 01:24:07 AM »

very strange though. Why release this set a year removed from the first GH?  Seems like milking to me, not necessarily recouping. It could be a ploy to get GnR some attention before unloading CD onto us, or perhaps Geffen is milking the last drop out of this wreck before jettisoning Uncle Axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 03:22:08 AM »

If they are really doing this they should atleast put ONE new song on the GH package. Madagascar maybe, something.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 09:12:23 AM »

For the umpteenth time..........
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 09:33:47 AM »

Dont be jumping to conclusions you will all know soon enough
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »