Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 02:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sanctuary stock at .05...Big Deal?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sanctuary stock at .05...Big Deal?  (Read 2756 times)
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« on: November 13, 2005, 11:16:01 PM »

The members of this board could round up enough money to buy this company. What is Sanctary's role in releasing the CD? I would hate to be a stockholder waiting on Axl to save my company...thats a tough living!

LJ
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 11:40:20 PM »

5 cents?? That means they're worthless. How will they pay their artists? They might be able to right now, but funds will dry up quickly. This isn't very good news. nervous

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 11:48:59 PM »

Maybe we should do a hostile takeover of Sanctuary. ok

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 02:05:19 PM »

yea you do that
wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »

isn't  Sanctuary  just axl's management
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 12:07:43 AM »

In todays news Sanctuary Music's stock holders have changed the companys name to "Heretodaygonetohell Music"

According to company PR man Saul, "Chinese Democracy starts now!"

gnrevolution.com
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 01:07:49 AM »

I've got a dollar on it.  Thats what?  20 Shares.  Maybe we can get some pull.  Sit in on the board meetings...  Maybe then we could get some good news on the board! Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 02:45:43 AM »

Five cents?

I read their stock dropped 40% a while back. It last sold at 4.1 per share if I am reading correctly.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 06:07:45 AM »

There's Sanctury management, then the record label version - argh so confusing

Quick! To the bandwagon!
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 06:55:21 AM »

that actually means they are worth nothing. As mentioned before their liabilities are greater then their assets. Reason nobody wants to buy that company is that they would also have to take the debts.

If Management had any trust in their company they should buy it. That would also be a positive sign towards investors.

So if heretodaygonetohell would want to overtake sanctuary we would have to pay app. 33,4 Mio. USD which is the current market capitalization at 5pence / stock. Also most likely we would have to have at least a couple of millions backhand to pay debt and restrucuring measures.

If anyone wants to start collecting  Grin I would give some managerial help for free and help set up an investment fond.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 10:49:52 AM »

Its actually at 5 pounds not five cents. And I just bought 600 bucks worth!

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 12:01:46 PM »

Its actually at 5 pounds not five cents. And I just bought 600 bucks worth!

I think you mean pence.

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 12:24:53 PM »

5 cents? 5 pennies? or a fiver?  confused
Are they publicaly held ones?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 02:08:58 PM »

I say that as a collective unit, HTGTH buys 51% of the company to insure we have voting power in all major releases and buisness decisions....first matter on the table, the release of Chinese Democracy or the hanging of Mr. Rose hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »

5 cent stock. Pump and dump baby. Better buy some when chinese democracy comes out.

Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

Reason nobody wants to buy that company is that they would also have to take the debts.

rofl You do know what Plc stands for. You do know what "limited" refers to?

If Management had any trust in their company they should buy it. That would also be a positive sign towards investors.

True  ok

So if heretodaygonetohell would want to overtake sanctuary we would have to pay app. 33,4 Mio. USD which is the current market capitalization at 5pence / stock.

rofl

If anyone wants to start collecting  Grin I would give some managerial help for free and help set up an investment fond.

Please finish your first fall in college first. You're probably the most clueless person ever to type a line like the last one. And I don't mean flame you, but you  got one out of three right. Not exactly adviser material...  Grin

Ok, the last one wasn't all that bad so I'll elaborate: You'll never be able to buy a whole (or even a majority) in a public company at the current share price. Simply doesn't happen with multiple vendors.
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 09:14:16 AM »

@Axlative:

1) Please think and then write
2) Do not assume things, but know things

3) PLC: You would not be a happy investor if you bought a company that is heavily indebted, without having a plan concerning debts. What would be the sense in doing so? You either have to restructure the company and take on the debts or you have to shut down the company and sell the parts that bring money. There is no legal obligation of course in paying the debts, that is correct.

A couple of months ago the company was worth less then nothing since their assets were less then their liabilities. Who would buy a company like that, it does not matter if it is plc or privately owned. Just for you: You do not buy a company like that (if you plan to leave it on the market) without having a plan on how to take on the debt. An example: Rover Ltd. was sold a couple of years ago from BMW to an investment fond for 1?. Why was that? Because the investment fond had to take over Rovers debts.

4) One out of 3: You can count, can you? 33,4 Mio USD IS the price you would have to pay if you bought all their shares at 5 pence/piece at the  market + my hint about managers buying the company creating trust:    That`ll make 2 correct hints, even for you! You might calculate on your own though: http://www.hlhz.com/download.asp?fid=1654
http://www.advfn.com/cmn/qkchart.php?epic=SGP

It is clear though that during buying process stock might go up so in the end you pay more, except you can negotiate directly with large chunks holders. But we do not want to elobarate our strategy yet, do we? hihi

5) I doubt that htgth will be able to collect money, so see my remark as a joke. Oh and btw. I do not know where you are coming from, but usually we do not just say things that we do not know. I finished my studies in international economics last year and I do in fact work as an advisor for international management issues in a very large consultancy.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:29:09 AM by god of thunder » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 10:03:31 PM »

@Axlative:

3) PLC: You would not be a happy investor if you bought a company that is heavily indebted, without having a plan concerning debts. What would be the sense in doing so? You either have to restructure the company and take on the debts or you have to shut down the company and sell the parts that bring money. There is no legal obligation of course in paying the debts, that is correct.

A couple of months ago the company was worth less then nothing since their assets were less then their liabilities. Who would buy a company like that, it does not matter if it is plc or privately owned. Just for you: You do not buy a company like that (if you plan to leave it on the market) without having a plan on how to take on the debt. An example: Rover Ltd. was sold a couple of years ago from BMW to an investment fond for 1?. Why was that? Because the investment fond had to take over Rovers debts.

4) One out of 3: You can count, can you? 33,4 Mio USD IS the price you would have to pay if you bought all their shares at 5 pence/piece at the? market + my hint about managers buying the company creating trust:? ? That`ll make 2 correct hints, even for you! You might calculate on your own though: http://www.hlhz.com/download.asp?fid=1654

It is clear though that during buying process stock might go up so in the end you pay more, except you can negotiate directly with large chunks holders. But we do not want to elobarate our strategy yet, do we? hihi

5) I doubt that htgth will be able to collect money, so see my remark as a joke. Oh and btw. I do not know where you are coming from, but usually we do not just say things that we do not know. I finished my studies in international economics last year and I do in fact work as an advisor for international management issues in a very large consultancy.
I think Sanctuary should hire you! Tongue

Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 02:24:46 AM »

@Axlative:

4) One out of 3: You can count, can you? 33,4 Mio USD IS the price you would have to pay if you bought all their shares at 5 pence/piece at the  market + my hint about managers buying the company creating trust:    That`ll make 2 correct hints, even for you! You might calculate on your own though: http://www.hlhz.com/download.asp?fid=1654

Long story short(?):

3. Assuming the heavily debted refers to the leverage of the company, it in itself is irrelevant. It does, however, imply a heavy annual debt servicing (i.e. interest) payments. The problem exists if the company's cash flows aren't able to service that debt. The debtor can file for banktrupcy. That's a problem. The company doesn't have a legal right to not pay the debtors. The debtors either receive their money, agree to alter the terms in your favor or file for banktruptcy on your behalf.
However, if the business is good and the cash flows sufficient, the cost of capital for the company is much lower than with more debt (debt is cheaper than equity). That is good. And the equity value will start rising.

From an investor point of view high leverage = high risk. But it doesn't affect the risk/reward ratio.

Also, a company's value is not "less than nothing" when assets < liabilities. Company's value is the market values of debt and equity added. Also known as enterprise value. Value of equity is also never "less than nothing" in a functioning company. It is always share price times the number of shares. If that figure is zero, the company is bust. But until that time it will always be positive. If it was zero, the risk/reward ratio would approach infinity (zero division) and that cannot happen (yes it's usually called risk/reward, but it's actually calculated vice versa i.e. reward/risk), because everyone would want to buy it.

4.Yes, IF you bought the company's shares at 5 pence a piece (I assume the number of shares is correct) you'd have the company for 33,4 M. But if it's the current share price it cannot be done!

You somewhat undesrtood what I said, but didn't beleive it for some reason. I repeat. To purchase a whole company you must pay above the market price. Why? because the price is the price the last deal was made at. Why would you expect the people who didn't sell then to sell it now? You'll get them to sell buy upping the offer a notch. Then again. And again. And again. Even if you got the first batches/blocks at the same or lower price it will still go up eventually (other things remaining the same) and take the average share price paid to above the initial price.

It is not a probability we're talking about. It is a pure fact.

Law of demand & supply, you know...

edit: typo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 04:52:21 AM by Axlative » Logged
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 08:07:31 AM »

chill guys chill!!

rofl

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: