Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 02:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Heads up on a (seemingly) new GnR book
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heads up on a (seemingly) new GnR book  (Read 4430 times)
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« on: November 12, 2005, 03:55:24 AM »

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.asp?Item=978140130289&Catalog=Books&Ntt=guns+n+roses&N=35&Lang=en&Section=books&zxac=1

Take this for what it is, vapourware for now.

Listed release date April 2008 and the author Stephen Davis (who i know shit about, maybe someone has read his preious book listed in his About section?)

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 08:10:08 AM »

I've read "Hammer Of The Gods" which was his Zeppelin book. A good read, but it focussed a little too much on the sex and drugs and not really enough on the Rock 'N' Roll after the story got past when Zep became really famous. Each album only really got one or two paragraphs, but he gave over 5 or 6 pages to the shark incident. Which, although it is a great story and it was interesting to read what the protagonists themselves had to say about it, wasn't really what I bought the book for.

It'll be interesting to see what he does with GN'R, though I can't imagine we'll find out anything new.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 08:49:58 AM »

I imagine we will.

as the Listed release date is April 2008. it should be a patient work.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 12:01:19 PM »

I've read 'Walk This Way' by the same author. Great book! Very detailed history of Aerosmith with lots of stories I had heard for the very first time. From what I know, Zepplin had a hand in the making of 'Hammer of the Gods' and I know for a fact Aerosmith did with 'Walk This Way.' Hopefully that means Axl will have his hand in 'Appetite' as well and if so (judging by the detailed nature of 'Walk This Way'), we may FINALLY hear the entire story of what's been going on the past 10 or 11 years.  ok

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 03:25:06 PM »

Im sure this book is gonna come out when the chinese democracy album comes out.  But I think 2008 is way to soon for this book. He should prolly schedule the release date for 2016.  That way when the album drops it would prolly help his book sales.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 07:57:36 PM »

Considering his past books are held as some of the best in the genre, this can only bode well for the quality of this one  ok

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 08:14:44 PM »

His book on Jim Morrison was ok, though it was the first one I've read that turned him into a bi-sexual, so who knows? I read Walk This Way, which is excellent.

The guy is a good writer, no doubt.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 11:29:09 PM »

I think i'll look for the books you listed, seems to know how to compose a decent biography from what you guys mentioned.

Thanks  Grin

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 08:05:32 AM »

Great, all we need is to wait for like 3 years...

At least we have a release date...  Grin

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 09:12:33 AM »

Great, all we need is to wait for like 3 years...

At least we have a release date...? Grin

Why da?fuck we must wait too much to a buy a simple book that?s gonna show rumors n? lies ?bout the best rock band ever? Just cuz the baby is a ?write star??  Roll Eyes    Oh c?mon folks I prefer spend my time n? money on rare unofficial biographies ?bout Axl/GNR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 10:36:23 AM »

I prefer spend my time n? money on rare unofficial biographies ?bout Axl/GNR

I see. That's the way you formed your comically distorted view of Axl.  yes
Jonathan
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 12:05:30 PM »

How many unofficial books about GN'R/Axl is it anyway? I'm pretty sure that the most of it is just based on rumours and all sorts of crap..
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 01:13:18 PM »

How many unofficial books about GN'R/Axl is it anyway? I'm pretty sure that the most of it is just based on rumours and all sorts of crap..

but we don't have to wait too much time to get'em AT LEAST!  Roll Eyes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »

From Zep to Axl

Twenty-two years and millions of copies later, "Hammer of the Gods," Stephen Davis's definitive biography of Led Zeppelin, is still going strong. "I put my kids through private school and college," said Davis, a BU grad who lives in Milton. "Actually, Led Zeppelin did that." The book, one of many rock bios Davis has done, has been translated into 13 languages, the latest being Finnish. "The oldest form of literature is the quest saga, and that's what these books are," said Davis. "It's Galahad and Lancelot looking for the Holy Grail . . . guys from nowhere who seek fame and fortune." Davis, who was the music editor at Rolling Stone back when Cameron Crowe was writing for the mag, has nearly completed a book about Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. "The magic of doing these isn't talking to the guys; it's talking to the girlfriends and roadies," he said. "It's like detective work." So what language will "Hammer of the Gods" be translated into next? "Bulgarian," said Davis. "But I want to be paid in Scythian treasure, so we're still negotiating."

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2007/06/27/frank_talk_about_injured_eater/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 07:40:49 PM »

Here's my prediction:
The book will kick ass. It will be one of the most accurate books out there because Davis does his homework, but it's going to say some bad shit about Axl and the boys, so a lot of people here are going to bitch, complain and say it sucks because it doesn't kiss the band's ass.
I for one will buy it.
By the way, I don't remember his bio on the Doors turning Jim Morrison into a bisexual like someone else posted here.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »

He's been working on it for a while.  I'll buy it, no question

I wonder if he's waiting for CD to be released so he can add another chapter  Cool
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 10:35:29 PM »

this looks to be good.. i've read his other stuff.. hope this comes out!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
theMinister
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 10:49:30 PM »

Dont expect much from this book - the Jim Morrison one he wrote is a load of crap.
Unfortunately.
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 06:26:06 AM »

I don't like GN'R books...

Fincklosophy
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 06:32:09 AM »

Lies, lies, lies!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: