Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Beautiful Disease Petition *2 WEEKS LEFT*
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beautiful Disease Petition *2 WEEKS LEFT*  (Read 13504 times)
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 01:04:54 AM »

I downloaded this album a few days ago, and it is very mediocre. Believe in Me puts it to shame. There is no reason for this to be released.
WoW

that is surprising

I thought just the opposite

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 01:39:44 AM »

I downloaded this album a few days ago, and it is very mediocre. Believe in Me puts it to shame. There is no reason for this to be released.
WoW

that is surprising

I thought just the opposite
Maybe I'll start to like it(I doubt it). I only listened to it a couple of times. But good albums dont require several listens for you to be able to think its good. Its either good, or it isn't. I loved Believe in Me from the first moment I listened to it. I still think its the best solo album done by a member of GNR.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 03:44:36 PM »

It makes sense then, you like "Believe in Me" alot
"Beautiful Disease" is so much different
and not very GNR-ish ( which I am usually against)

I felt "Believe In Me" may have been rushed, with being on tour with GNR at the time and all,
as a musician and a singer I think "Beautiful Disease"  shows improvement and progress.

I want to hear the "Loaded" albums now,
I remember seeing Duff w/Loaded in LA , it was right before  the "Cherry Roses/project/VR" gigs
I was amazed of how healthy he looked( had stoped drinking), he looked younger than he had ten years before(U.Y.I. tour)

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 08:46:32 PM »

It makes sense then, you like "Believe in Me" alot
"Beautiful Disease" is so much different
and not very GNR-ish ( which I am usually against)

I felt "Believe In Me" may have been rushed, with being on tour with GNR at the time and all,
as a musician and a singer I think "Beautiful Disease"? shows improvement and progress.

I want to hear the "Loaded" albums now,
I remember seeing Duff w/Loaded in LA , it was right before? the "Cherry Roses/project/VR" gigs
I was amazed of how healthy he looked( had stoped drinking), he looked younger than he had ten years before(U.Y.I. tour)
I would also like to hear the Loaded material. I have always been a huge Duff fan, and would like to hear about anything he offers us fans. To me, Beautiful Disease seems to lack emotion. I dont think Believe in Me was rushed, although I understand why you believe that. He recorded it in various studios around the world during the UYI tour. The quality of the album doesn't sound rushed. The whole album is great, and 'Could It Be U' could have easily taken the place of 'So Fine' on UYI. It sold poorly because of bad timing. Had he released Believe in Me a few years earlier or a few years later, I think it would have been a big hit. 'Could it Be U' could have easily went Top 20, but it went down the same black hole that all solo GNR releases go. And that's a shame.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »

http://www.petitiononline.com/BDcamp/petition.html

As you've probably already guessed its a petition to request the release of Duff's second solo album, Beautiful Disease.
Admitedly it might not work, but on the basis that doing nothing definately won't work I decided it was worth a try.

Once I get a decent amount of signitures I'm going to send this to anyone at Geffen who might listen, plus if possible to people who might be able to pass it on to Duff.
Then I'll just hope for a miracle.

Even if you don't care about the album please take the time to sign it to help out those of us who do.? Trust me its worth it, this is an excellent piece of work.

you can download it at boston's site summat like www.geocities.com/DIYTELEVISION

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
RichardNixon
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 08:19:46 PM »

What is the deal with "Beautiful Disease" in terms of rights? Is there anyway he can get rights to the masters and release this album? It might sell something, due to VR.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005, 09:39:29 PM »

You know, Duff has already released a re-recorded version of it under the name "Dark Days". From a marketing point of view, I'm not sure there is a point in releasing the original version? Undecided

Because for starters, Beautiful Disease was recorded with a different band, I think Mike Bordin plays drums on the album and Slash, Duff and Izzy play on some songs too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 12:16:53 AM »

No way, Believe in Me was a drunken mess, Beautiful Disease is a great focused punk-rock album!

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 12:23:05 AM »

I have Beatiful Disease also? Cheesy Didn't Duff have some legal issues due he didn't release the album? And he sure hell wont release it when hes making a second album with Velvet Revolver? Undecided though, you can always try.

Well Scott's releasing another solo album, so why can't Duff re-release what many consider his defining musical moment?

Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »

Attention:
This petition will be ending in 2 weeks on the 10th of April.

It will still be possible to sign it after that point, but thats when I will start sending copies to the relevant people, so there is a chance that any signatures added later won't be counted.  Esspecially if it needs to be posted or faxed to someone.

So if you, or someone you know, has yet to sign it please do so before the 10th of April.

Thanks,
Katy.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »

Believe In Me is an awesome record, perhaps the best of the ex-members.  I love the raunchy, Johnny Thunders style of it all.  Beautiful Disease isnt as good, but I see no harm in having it released.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2006, 11:54:51 PM »

Believe In Me is an awesome record, perhaps the best of the ex-members.? I love the raunchy, Johnny Thunders style of it all.? Beautiful Disease isnt as good, but I see no harm in having it released.

Wow, you think Believe in Me is a better album than Beautiful Disease?

Each to their own, but Believe in Me is a drunken babbling mess, whereas Beautiful Disease is a focused punk rock record made when Duff was sober, and actually put some thought into what he was recording. That's just what I hear anyway.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »

Each to their own, but Believe in Me is a drunken babbling mess

Exactly why I like it.  Thats how most punk rock records should sound.  Its sloppy and raunchy, yet well-written and well-played.  It sounds exactly as you would expect a product of its environment to sound - drunken, hectic and self-indulgent.  A damn fine, veritable punk rock album.
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2006, 01:48:06 AM »

I actually really like "Believe in Me," "Beautiful Disease," and "Dark Days."

I think BIM is actually pretty underrated. It has this horrible reputation, but I think it's a good rock/punk/retro sounding album that has a lot of melodic, raunchy, well written songs. Released in '93, it still kind of has an 80s feel in some respects, like the Bobbi Brown voice over and the song with Sebastian Bach.

"Beautiful Disease" is an awesome record. It's the type of CD that Blink 182 and their ilk could only dream of making. A sober Duff, BD doesn't have the charm or the kitsch of his debut, but it's a cool album.

The songs from "Beautiful Disease" that Duff re-recorded for "Dark Days" aren't as good. I don't know, they just lost something. But the other new songs are quite strong and are a good follow-up.

If you like Duff, get all three CDs.
RichardNixon
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2006, 02:01:13 AM »

You know, Duff has already released a re-recorded version of it under the name "Dark Days". From a marketing point of view, I'm not sure there is a point in releasing the original version? Undecided

Because for starters, Beautiful Disease was recorded with a different band, I think Mike Bordin plays drums on the album and Slash, Duff and Izzy play on some songs too.

"Dark Days" is not a re-recording of "Beautiful Disease." Only some of the songs were redone.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2006, 05:10:50 AM »

I've signed it!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2006, 07:43:25 AM »

Believe In Me is an awesome record, perhaps the best of the ex-members.? I love the raunchy, Johnny Thunders style of it all.? Beautiful Disease isnt as good, but I see no harm in having it released.

Wow, you think Believe in Me is a better album than Beautiful Disease?

Each to their own, but Believe in Me is a drunken babbling mess, whereas Beautiful Disease is a focused punk rock record made when Duff was sober, and actually put some thought into what he was recording. That's just what I hear anyway.

I like that drunken babbling mess.. Especially the real drunken babbling of Lonely tonight!!!!

Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2006, 11:09:03 AM »

Believe In Me is a lot of fun to listen to when I can overlook the drunken babbling mess side of things.
There are days when it gets to me though, when I can't help looking beyond the fact that Duff was always a cute funny drunk and I get stuck being painfully awear of what he was really doing to himself. no
(Then I tend to wish I'd never done that biology degree, or just never taken the time to read up on pancreatitis.)

But other than that its a great album and I enjoy listening to it.

Beautiful Disease though...IMO this really is something special.  I don't know what it is exactly but the whole album just has such an incredible emotion to it.  Its not exactly happy but somehow theres so much optimism in there, and its definately infectious.  One of the few albums thats always garenteed to make me feel better and has great music.

Thats one thing, no matter how much anyone might enjoy Believe In Me (which I completely understand) theres no denying Duff's writing and performance is infinately better on his later work.  And IMO Beautiful Disease is the best of the lot.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2006, 12:15:59 PM »

Thats one thing, no matter how much anyone might enjoy Believe In Me (which I completely understand) theres no denying Duff's writing and performance is infinately better on his later work.  And IMO Beautiful Disease is the best of the lot.

Actually, there is denying it.  I like the writing and performance on Believe In Me better. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2006, 10:03:26 PM »

Thats one thing, no matter how much anyone might enjoy Believe In Me (which I completely understand) theres no denying Duff's writing and performance is infinately better on his later work.? And IMO Beautiful Disease is the best of the lot.

Actually, there is denying it.? I like the writing and performance on Believe In Me better.?
I agree with Booker here. I just dont understand why everyone has to keep referring to Believe in Me as a "drunken mess". Did a journalist or band member call it that, so now everyone has to say it? I'm assuming someone famous said it for it to become so cliche.

I want some of you people to point out the examples of this "drunken mess". No cliches, just some facts. He obviously slurs pretty bad during 'Lonely Tonight', but thats not enough to give this great album such a harsh review.

If this album is a drunken mess, then so is every GNR album as well, because they were all pretty much alcoholics and drug addicts at some point.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: