Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  18% Increase in Sales Of Greatest Hits
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18% Increase in Sales Of Greatest Hits  (Read 10820 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

I wonder why. Maybe GH will be a stocking stuffer. Interesting to note that GN'Rs best of has way outsold all the Crue's GHs.
My American friends you should start to understand one thing: Motley Crue are NOTHING outside the USA. How can you even think to "compare" them with GN'R? Give me a break. Please. Nobody knows who they are. Total unknown. I don't even know one song of them, I just know the name of the drummer -Tommy lee- because he was married to Pamela Anderson.
99,999999% of the Europeans (and the rest of the world, i'm sure) don"t know who "Motley Crue" are and can't name a song from them. This band is a typicall American "hair-metal" band of the 80's...to sum-up, nobody gives a flying shit of them outside America.

Comparing Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue is...embarrassing. Sorry, but it's just the truth. Nobody knows who the hell they are and what they play.
It's like comparing U2 to...I don't know...Good Charlotte lol.
In England unless you are a complete metal head which thankfully I am not, you are considered to be a complete geek if you like Motley Crue. I cringe when I think of Guns n Roses being compared to Motley Crue or any other metal band! Mike

Who gives a fuck what other people think?  Like what you wanna like.

But I do agree that it is silly to compare the two bands.  GN'R is like Godzilla and Motley Crue is like those little army guys running around that get stomped on and shit who's mouths aren't in synch with what they're saying.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 04:31:43 PM »

Meh,? if I went around asking people if they could name a Motley Crue song I wouldn't get very many answers.

...and we could do the same for GNR, Metallica - hell Elvis too! - how many people from Congo (purely for example) do u think have the first idea who sung ''Suspicious minds'' hihi

People may have heard the name of the band (most likely because of Tommy Lee like someone said), but haven't heard any of their music.

and...? That's life - GNR sold 80 million albums, which means 6 BILLION people haven't bought their stuff and most of those probably know less than 2 songs

Quick! To the bandwagon!
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »

As one of the few people here that is a HUGE fan of both GNR and the Crue, just let me point out that the Crue are MUCH bigger than you guys are giving them credit for.  Their reunion tour this year has been one of the most successful tours of the year.  I'd even be willing to bet that it sold better than GNR's 2002 tour (on a per show basis).  I went to See the Crue and their show was AMAZING!  Much better than GNR in 2002.

WIth that being said, GNR are a much more talanted and bigger band throughout the world and the US.  I Think one of the biggest reasons that the GNR GH is selling more than the Crue's GH is because MOtley has 4 greatest Hits Albums, while GNR has 1.  The Crue has Decade of Decadence, Greatest Hits, Red White and Crue, and one of those 20th century masters.  YOu gotta figure this into the equation because many people already own a GH by Motley Crue so they didn't go out and buy another one.

Skol Vikings
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 04:46:43 PM »

People were laughing at the GN'R 2002 tour from the get-go.  It was Axl with a freak wearing a bucket and a bunch of guys who looked like Marilyn Manson rejects.  Of course it didn't sell well.

Imagine what an official GN'R reunion tour would do.  Crue's numbers wouldn't even come close.

Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 05:14:32 PM »

Motley Crue's current tour (which is about to hit "c" markets on its third swing through the US) is waaaaaaaaay bigger than Guns 2002 tour. That is a fact.

Two great bands, one more known in the world and the other enjoying a massive US comeback.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 05:32:24 PM »

Put the shoe on the other foot and look at this way -

Imagine the real GN'R Reunion Tour (the original line-up) as opposed to the botched 2002 tour.

Then imagine Vince Neil touring by himself behind the Motley Crue name.

Who do you think would sell more tickets?

Comparing GN'R 2002 with the Crue reunion isn't accurate unless you're comparing just that - and not who has more marketing power.  A GN'R Reunion would make Motley Crue's numbers look silly.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 06:35:08 PM »

Well.. this is totally NOT what the topic's about.  Back on track please.
Evolution
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »

I guess this is to coincide with X-Mas? GNR = Great X-Mas Party Soundtrack  ok
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »

Something like 40% of all album sales happen in this quarter of the year.

It's the run up to Christmas. MTV are dumb.

So?  They didn't report it as something "unexpected", they were just reporting what happened on the chart for the past week.  How does that make them dumb?   Undecided

Meh,  if I went around asking people if they could name a Motley Crue song I wouldn't get very many answers.

...and we could do the same for GNR, Metallica - hell Elvis too! - how many people from Congo (purely for example) do u think have the first idea who sung ''Suspicious minds'' hihi

People may have heard the name of the band (most likely because of Tommy Lee like someone said), but haven't heard any of their music.

and...? That's life - GNR sold 80 million albums, which means 6 BILLION people haven't bought their stuff and most of those probably know less than 2 songs

WTF?  You think people don't know who wrote "Paradise City" or "Blue Suede Shoes"?.... Yeah sure, maybe the people in "Congo" don't know, but that was a stupid suggestion anyways.  I said if I WERE to go around asking people (that is, in Canada) then most people wouldn't be able to give answers.  I think every single person I know would be able to name off a GN'R tune in a second, but I can't think of more than 2-3 people that would know a Motley Crue song.  They're lumped in right with the other "80's" bands.

BTW, just because someone doesn't own an album by a band, doesn't mean they don't know any of their songs.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 08:01:02 PM »

As one of the few people here that is a HUGE fan of both GNR and the Crue, just let me point out that the Crue are MUCH bigger than you guys are giving them credit for.? Their reunion tour this year has been one of the most successful tours of the year.? I'd even be willing to bet that it sold better than GNR's 2002 tour (on a per show basis).? I went to See the Crue and their show was AMAZING!? Much better than GNR in 2002.

WIth that being said, GNR are a much more talanted and bigger band throughout the world and the US.? I Think one of the biggest reasons that the GNR GH is selling more than the Crue's GH is because MOtley has 4 greatest Hits Albums, while GNR has 1.? The Crue has Decade of Decadence, Greatest Hits, Red White and Crue, and one of those 20th century masters.? YOu gotta figure this into the equation because many people already own a GH by Motley Crue so they didn't go out and buy another one.

You know Vince lips synchs now right?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 08:52:36 PM »

This isn't a big surprise. Its Christmas shopping season. Just about every album ever released will have a surge in sales. I bet even TSI has sold a few more copies. rofl

James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 07:35:59 AM »

I wonder why. Maybe GH will be a stocking stuffer. Interesting to note that GN'Rs best of has way outsold all the Crue's GHs.
My American friends you should start to understand one thing: Motley Crue are NOTHING outside the USA. How can you even think to "compare" them with GN'R? Give me a break. Please. Nobody knows who they are. Total unknown. I don't even know one song of them, I just know the name of the drummer -Tommy lee- because he was married to Pamela Anderson.
99,999999% of the Europeans (and the rest of the world, i'm sure) don"t know who "Motley Crue" are and can't name a song from them. This band is a typicall American "hair-metal" band of the 80's...to sum-up, nobody gives a flying shit of them outside America.

Comparing Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue is...embarrassing. Sorry, but it's just the truth. Nobody knows who the hell they are and what they play.
It's like comparing U2 to...I don't know...Good Charlotte lol.

What a load of crap, They did a UK/European tour in June this year, i went and it was packed. So please get your facts right first. motley crue are an excellent band.

G'N'F'N'R's
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 08:17:24 AM »

As one of the few people here that is a HUGE fan of both GNR and the Crue, just let me point out that the Crue are MUCH bigger than you guys are giving them credit for.? Their reunion tour this year has been one of the most successful tours of the year.? I'd even be willing to bet that it sold better than GNR's 2002 tour (on a per show basis).? I went to See the Crue and their show was AMAZING!? Much better than GNR in 2002.

WIth that being said, GNR are a much more talanted and bigger band throughout the world and the US.? I Think one of the biggest reasons that the GNR GH is selling more than the Crue's GH is because MOtley has 4 greatest Hits Albums, while GNR has 1.? The Crue has Decade of Decadence, Greatest Hits, Red White and Crue, and one of those 20th century masters.? YOu gotta figure this into the equation because many people already own a GH by Motley Crue so they didn't go out and buy another one.

You know Vince lips synchs now right?

Really? I never heard that one before. I know he sucked when he was solo in 2002 or 2003. I saw him then and he was pretty brutal.

Yeah 4 GH's is pretty excessive. But at least they are a collaboration of the band and not the record company. Also there is only 2 GH's, then 1 live album and 1 b-sides and rarities album, no? cuz if that's the case then we should count live era as another GH compilation. ok

Crue has 9 original studio albums to GnR's 3.5+1 of covers. so according to that ratio Motley Crue should have at least 4 GH's  hihi

And how can you say GnR has nothing to do with Crue. Didn't they open for them back in the late 80's? Crue was there Before guns and is still making music today. I don't see any new GnR material available yet do you? As to Crue only being relvant in the US (And Canada to I might add) at least they are active in some capacity ok

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 08:27:38 AM »

You think people don't know who wrote "Paradise City" or "Blue Suede Shoes"?....
? WTF??? ? what is "blue suede shoes"?
are you serious right now?

and i hate m?tley crue. i came to know them at this board and the only song title that crosses my mind is "home sweet home". by the way i downloaded one of their "greatest hits" records a while ago ( the red, the blue and the crue or something like that hihi i guess you know which i mean), so i know what i`m speaking about. ? ?

and i never heard anything about motley crue outside of this board.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 09:09:08 AM »

I think sales are up because loads of people are wearing the t-shirt of AFD that seem to be everywhere at the moment. It kind of reminds me of in the late eighties/early nineties when everyone was wearing those Jim Morrison and The Doors shirts.

People who don't know anything about Motley Crue, I would guess, are simply just too young to remember.  In the late eighties, even after AFD was released, Motley were easily as big as GNR and had sold many more albums.  Although I admit, not everyone could name one of their songs even back then, their image and reputation was known all over the world.  Everyone who was into hard rock or heavy metal back then was familiar with bands like Motley Crue, GNR, ACDC, Metallica and the like.  Motley Crue just didn't survive the test of time as their music sounds dated, whereas AFD and some of Lies and the Illusions material are classics.
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 09:13:50 AM »

You think people don't know who wrote "Paradise City" or "Blue Suede Shoes"?....
? WTF??? ? what is "blue suede shoes"?
are you serious right now?

and i hate m?tley crue. i came to know them at this board and the only song title that crosses my mind is "home sweet home". by the way i downloaded one of their "greatest hits" records a while ago ( the red, the blue and the crue or something like that hihi i guess you know which i mean), so i know what i`m speaking about. ? ?

and i never heard anything about motley crue outside of this board.....

Blue Suede shoes is an Elvis song

But Elvis didn't write it either.

The music and song credits go to:

Carl Perkins
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »

Everyone who was into hard rock or heavy metal back then was familiar with bands like Motley Crue, GNR, ACDC, Metallica and the like.  Motley Crue just didn't survive the test of time as their music sounds dated, whereas AFD and some of Lies and the Illusions material are classics.

Besides, from what I've heard, GN'R songs were loved by those who were not into hard rock or heavy metal at all as well as those sectional fans. that made all the difference.  ok
That's why Axl is popular to this day, even with the Elle girls readers.
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 11:23:27 AM »

Everyone who was into hard rock or heavy metal back then was familiar with bands like Motley Crue, GNR, ACDC, Metallica and the like.? Motley Crue just didn't survive the test of time as their music sounds dated, whereas AFD and some of Lies and the Illusions material are classics.

Besides, from what I've heard, GN'R songs were loved by those who were not into hard rock or heavy metal at all as well as those sectional fans. that made all the difference.? ok

Actually Axl is an Icon, and was a good looking one too, that's why he is popular with Elle girl readers. 
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 12:24:21 PM »

Blue Suede shoes is an Elvis song

But Elvis didn't write it either.

The music and song credits go to:

Carl Perkins

Elvis didn't write anything.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »

Everyone who was into hard rock or heavy metal back then was familiar with bands like Motley Crue, GNR, ACDC, Metallica and the like.  Motley Crue just didn't survive the test of time as their music sounds dated, whereas AFD and some of Lies and the Illusions material are classics.

Besides, from what I've heard, GN'R songs were loved by those who were not into hard rock or heavy metal at all as well as those sectional fans. that made all the difference.  ok

Actually Axl is an Icon, and was a good looking one too, that's why he is popular with Elle girl readers. 
then why aint sebastian bach there? he was, according to all the girls i know, hotter than axl...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: