Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Democracy Now (another band releasing their album as Chinese Democracy) Yawn
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Democracy Now (another band releasing their album as Chinese Democracy) Yawn  (Read 9580 times)
anythinggoes
« on: November 08, 2005, 03:21:22 AM »

Democracy Now!
Lawrence's The Ants unveil "Chinese Democracy"
By Richard Gintowt (Contact)

Monday, November 7, 2005
When they're not moonlighting as Jehovah's Witnesses, Lawrence's The Ants create eccentric, homespun indie-folk records that bring to mind primitive Pavement recordings and the reckless creativity of The Mountain Goats. The now-stable quartet recently released a split CD/LP with Nashville band Ole Mossy Face titled "Chinese Democracy," a subversive tactic that could either catapult The Ants into infamy, foretell a career of financial ruin or both.

What the hell were you thinking releasing a record called "Chinese Democracy'?

Chad: "Chinese Democracy" is the working title of the Guns N' Roses album that has been in the works since like 1998. They've spent like $20 million and there's still no album, and The Offspring said they were going to name their album "Chinese Democracy" just to kind of give 'em a jab. It never happened, so just being fans of Axl Rose in general we figured that we would go ahead and show him how to make an album.

Have you heard back from him yet?

Chad: Not yet. We're waiting on the cease-and-desist letter.

Brad: I keep calling him and he won't return my calls.

What would you say to Axl if he called you?

Chad: I'd probably ask him about his gospel roots in Indiana; ask him about the big changeover; see what happened when he walked off that bus in L.A.
Brad: I'd probably ask him what happened to his face, because he looks a lot different. He looks more like Michael Jackson now than Axl Rose.

Chad: He does kind of look like Michael. So I might ask him about Michael and whether or not they have a relationship and what kind of skin cleanser he's using.

Probably ProActiv, because Puff Daddy uses ProActiv and a lot of other big-name celebrities use ProActiv. Are you actually the first group, though, to release an album called "Chinese Democracy"?

Chad: Yeah, as far as we know.

You've put them in quite a tight spot, huh?

Chad: Haven't we. I mean, I know that once they finally do come out with it the people who will be at the record stores buying the album will probably be pretty upset by the fact that they went ahead and named their album "Chinese Democracy." 'Oh - you know The Ants. Shit, they already put out an album titled 'Chinese Democracy.''

How would you compare your "Chinese Democracy" to what you imagine Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will sound like? Perhaps you've heard leaked samples?

Brad: I think it's pretty much the same. I think they're right in line with each other.

Chad: I actually co-opted a couple of the lyrics that I had found online. For instance, "Mamacita" was actually written by Axl Rose. We just kind of went in and fixed it up. There's that 'Slash simulator' that you can get on ProTools, so we used it for the guitar parts ... Buckethead plays some guitar, I think, on the new one, so I put a bucket over my head when we were recording.

Brad: We all tried the bucket on, but it fit Chad best.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 04:47:19 AM »

Whoo, another threatening big-name band  hihi

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 04:49:53 AM »

they already did it, so i guess they'll get some more shit than just a cease-and-desist letter.

lame as fuck....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
misterbrownstone
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 07:20:50 AM »

only a shitty band with NO creativity would name their album chinese democracy.

those fuckers  rant Angry
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 07:58:50 AM »

At the end of the day they can callit what they like .It was only a matter of time before someone used the name for their album.................Sure how do we know ?the new album from axl & co might not be called Chinese Democracy after all.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:18:45 AM »

true dub05. Even this chad guy is saying it's the working title of the Guns N' Roses album.

only a shitty band with NO creativity would name their album chinese democracy.

Zap! Shocked
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 10:34:38 AM »

at the end of the day the only reason the band is doing this is for publicity and itll probably work to an extent
Lazinko
Opening Act

See you in Stockholm!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 02:36:49 PM »

Three letters; LOL
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 03:03:55 PM »

the new album from axl & co might not be called Chinese Democracy after all.

I don't think it'll be called Chinese Democracy

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 03:06:28 PM »

tossas Roll Eyes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »

Nice cheap publicity  Cheesy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »

Twats, the whole lot of 'em.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 04:42:10 PM »

They want axl to sue them so their shitty album can get attention. The best thing Axl can do is ignore it and no one will even know the album came out. Fact is, if this band didnt use the name CD they would not even have gotten the interview.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 09:25:41 PM »

You guys wont be laughing at this subject when the inevitable happens: Eminem naming an album Chinese Democracy. Axl really needs to put this album out before someone really uses the title.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 09:51:42 PM »

They want axl to sue them so their shitty album can get attention. The best thing Axl can do is ignore it and no one will even know the album came out. Fact is, if this band didnt use the name CD they would not even have gotten the interview.

so you actually thisk that if Axl desided to name the album something else tha CD, noone would care?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 02:28:39 PM »

You guys wont be laughing at this subject when the inevitable happens: Eminem naming an album Chinese Democracy. Axl really needs to put this album out before someone really uses the title.

James, unless the title "Chinese Democracy" has a huge relation to the subject matter and themes of the album, I truly doubt a name change would alter anyones perception of the time and efforts invested into this album. Lets face it, if Axl decides to call it "Iraqi Democracy", were still going to buy it, and the hype will still linger until democracy is brought to an HMV near you!

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 04:43:31 PM »

Stupid bastards.  To even think that Axl would lift a finger to elevate their nut-waste asses.  Some people will do anything for publicity.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 08:36:56 PM »

this is called uncreativity as hell and I don't think AXL would respond something cause I think he'll just yawn.
Anyway

sleeping

No man can be my equal
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »

James, unless the title "Chinese Democracy" has a huge relation to the subject matter and themes of the album, I truly doubt a name change would alter anyones perception of the time and efforts invested into this album. Lets face it, if Axl decides to call it "Iraqi Democracy", were still going to buy it, and the hype will still linger until democracy is brought to an HMV near you!
I never said Axl changing the name would "alter our perceptions". But CD has been the working title for years, so if he wants to be the first big name artist to use it, he needs to put some speed on it. Does he really want Eminem or 50 Cent to cash in on a name he has spent all this time building up to mythical proportions?

dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 08:28:24 AM »

Reason it will not be used by any other artist(s) with real selling power is that i believe

1.It's already been handed to record comp & it has it's holding title (copyrighted till release).

2.AXL'S not worried because it aint called chinese democracy.

3.Might have to be released as a solo project.

I am 100% sure we will all know in a short space of time .
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: